Help me make sense of my labs.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
So I go see the urologist for all the classic low T symptoms. Was relieved to have a physical reason why I felt so crappy.
A little about myself:
Age 32
6 ft 245 lbs 18% BF.
In halway decent shape.

Bloodwork:

Testosterone 244 ng/dL (240 - 870)
FSH 1.4 mIU/mL (1.6 - 8.0)
LH 1.7 mIU/mL (1.5 - 9.3)
Prolactin 6.1 ng/mL (2.0 - 18.0)
Estradiol 30 ng/mL

From what I can tell I'm not fitting any classic patterns.

Shouldnt my LH and FSH be much higher?
And shouldn't E2 be either sky high or way low not in normal range like it is?

Doc put me on 25 mg Clomid ED because concerns over fertility instead of TRT. That may come later.
I'm deathly scared of the Clomid side effects so I'm starting very low dose of 6.25 milligrams EOD and working my way up.

Can a doctor or informed person on this board help me make sense of my levels and what additionally might help make me feel better.

Many thanks.

red910

Awards
I think the formula is : Low Test + Low/Low Normal FSH + Low/ Low Normal LH = Secondary Hypogonadism. Your labs look alot like mine, even the normal e-2 and prolactin. My DHT is low and my total E was high. But, on my last blood draw by an Endo, y Test came back up in the very low normal range (412) so he wants to wait another 2 months and retest before doing anything about it. " I cannot recommend TRT at this time...". At least it looks like your doctor is trying to do an HPTA reset w/ Clomid ?

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
I just don't get how, physiologically speaking, the Clomid will restart or reset my natural Testosterone limit.
It seems like once the Clomid is withdrawn, the Test levels will go back to what they were.

Can anybody speak to how it is possible to reset your normal levels to a "new normal" that is higher?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I just don't get how, physiologically speaking, the Clomid will restart or reset my natural Testosterone limit.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the odds are it won't. I have yet to see anyone who has tried a restart - including myself, have test levels higher than baseline after a restart. You're correct, as soon as the clomid is stopped, you're right back where you started - or lower...

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
In that case TRT with some HCG might be a better option to make me feel better and keep fertitlity.
Anyway from what I've heard on Clomid although your Test levels go up you dont feel the benefits of higher T such as libido, sense of well being etc.

Was this your experience on Clomid napalm?

Also since im scared of the sides ive started very low dose (6.25 mg EOD) so Im not sure how much benefit Ill see anayway.

Im still not totally ready for full blown TRT just yet. Im going to give diet and lifestyle changed about a month and retest. I think its worth at least a shot.

If I don't feel better in a month then Ill ask for TRT and HCG.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Yes, I hated clomid. It made me a whiny little bitch w/o any of the benefits.

From my perspective, I don't understand the whole hcg thing. I'd like to see some research that shows efficacy in maintaining fertility. Anecdotally, I haven't seen much, if any success.

If its an ego thing, that I really don't understand. I could care less about how my boys are hanging. Nobody sees them but my wife and she doesn't have a problem w it.

I understand its a problem for the younger guys, but for me, no fcks are given.

You have a life changing decision to make broseph...

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
Gotcha bro.
How many mg/day did they have you on Clomid? Even at my dose I noticed a little moodiness the first day. The second and third day I actually felt OK.

Yea me and the wife want to have kids soon so that is an issue. I could care less the size of my balls from an aesthetic point.

Good thing is thte wifey talked to a fertility doc and he said if he has 7 good sperm she can get pregnant. He said actually being on TRT isnt that much of an issue when it comes to IVF as most men have at least some sperm even when on TRT. Not that many quit producing sperm entirely.

Im getting anxious though because I know my cure to make me feel better is so close and my isssues werent in my head and aim not crazy. There was a reason for my depression, anxiety, fatigue, low libido (my wife is hot), etc.

How did TRT improve your life in terms of depression, anxiety, libido, and fatigue?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Brother, trt changed my fcking life. I feel like I'm 25 again - even though I prolly act 16 most of the time. That's really cool you found a good fertility doc that's familiar w trt. I was on 12.5 of clomid for about 3 months before I went back to my endo and said I want to inject. He lets me do what I want frequency/dose wise as long as I keep things in range.

When you make your final decision, myself and other knowledgeable members can walk you through the CORRECT way to do trt. If you do things right, you don't need an ai or any of that other bulls.hit.

Good luck...

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
Thanks bro but my profile pics are about 3 years old. Have put on about 35-40 lbs since then. And not good pounds. Hovering aroung 18%-20% BF and feel like crap physically and mentally.

So prolactin looks a little high?

Thanks for the advice. Can you give me a little science backing to how the dopaminergic would raise my T? Also never got progesterone levels checked.