Blasting while on TRT

Page 6 of 14 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Week 4 and I'm up 20lbs! I'm very happy with the results I'm getting, and no bloat! A little lethargy but that's about it!
    Dang man. That's crazy! Great to hear. I'm
    Only up maybe 5 pounds. I don't know what I'm
    Doing wrong man. Eating a ton and the only thing that seems to be getting much bigger is my gut!

  2. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    Jesus. 20lbs in 4 weeks?? I'm surprised your joints aren't hating you right now.
  3. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Jesus. 20lbs in 4 weeks?? I'm surprised your joints aren't hating you right now.
    Strange enough my joints have never felt better! After this blast I think I'll just maintain, I can see how fast results like this could easily get addicting/out of hand. Test is pretty freaking amazing!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    Staring to feel pretty good boys. Been on liquid exemestane about 5 days now and actually steering to feel what I think a cycle should feel like. I'm guessing the erase wasn't quite doing enough as an AI?

    Weight is up to about 192. My cycle low at week 3 was 179, so it's an approximately 11-13 pound gain depending on time of day.
    It's strange how my weight dropped at first...however, when I incorporated another small meal during the day, it began to rise.

    On week 9.
  5. Registered User
    pakrazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Staring to feel pretty good boys. Been on liquid exemestane about 5 days now and actually steering to feel what I think a cycle should feel like. I'm guessing the erase wasn't quite doing enough as an AI?
    This is what I have heard from others as well. Congrats!
  6. Registered User
    deerhunter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Staring to feel pretty good boys. Been on liquid exemestane about 5 days now and actually steering to feel what I think a cycle should feel like. I'm guessing the erase wasn't quite doing enough as an AI?

    .

    This is what I was getting to a couple pages back. Glad its working for you now.
  7. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    I'm getting bloods taken next week, so I'll find out if Erase is really doing anything.
  8. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    I'm getting bloods taken next week, so I'll find out if Erase is really doing anything.
    nice, I'd like to see what the difference is. I take one erase per day, but that is on only ~80-100mg of test per week. I'm doing my own "blast" right now....ok you guys are gonna laugh...but I'm doing a blast on androgel, saved up enough to do 6 weeks at 14-15 pumps (usually 9 pumps). Hey its more of a little "boost" than a blast lol, but its something constructive at least
  9. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    nice, I'd like to see what the difference is. I take one erase per day, but that is on only ~80-100mg of test per week. I'm doing my own "blast" right now....ok you guys are gonna laugh...but I'm doing a blast on androgel, saved up enough to do 6 weeks at 14-15 pumps (usually 9 pumps). Hey its more of a little "boost" than a blast lol, but its something constructive at least
    I use a few pumps of Androgel per week along with my 500mg test-e, it really keeps my sex drive going strong! Otherwise my sex drive is about average without it.
  10. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    I use a few pumps of Androgel per week along with my 500mg test-e, it really keeps my sex drive going strong! Otherwise my sex drive is about average without it.
    I was thinking of doing a blended/hybrid deal myself, smaller amounts of injected test....say about a 100mg per week (probably multiple weekly injections in small doses with slin pins in the delts), along with the full compliment of 8-10 pumps of androgel. I'm not so sure I trust my local "chemist" who makes the test, maybe I'll go to one of the anti-aging clinics and get the injectible there, and the gel Rx from my GP. I do like the idea of a combination of topical and injections, esp if it equals ~200mg per week. That might be a bit overboard for my tastes though as trt....150mg at 75/75 might work best at 8 pumps gel per day, and two 40mg injections per week.
  11. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    Now that I'm starting to feel like I'm actually on cycle, it makes me want to take this out to 14 or 16 weeks....
  12. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    So you think the issue was that you simply had your e2 riding too high?
  13. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    So you think the issue was that you simply had your e2 riding too high?
    I think it may have been. Also, my back was looking like a road map from some wicked bacne...that's also clearing up dramatically since I started the aromasin.

    Like I mentioned above, makes me want to run the cycle a bit longer to see the gains start progressing quicker.

    My stomach was starting to bloat up quite a bit, and that's also getting better.

    If I wasn't such a cheap @ss, I might have to spring for more bloodwork!
  14. Registered User
    majjad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Answers
    0


    First 200mg shot this morning.
  15. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    I just discovered roidcalc. It approximates the amount of juice in your body by days according to half life. Looks like it will be about 4 weeks until my T returns to normal TRT level with no injects at all. Its only been 10 days...gonna be a long lonely waiting game.
  16. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I just discovered roidcalc. It approximates the amount of juice in your body by days according to half life. Looks like it will be about 4 weeks until my T returns to normal TRT level with no injects at all. Its only been 10 days...gonna be a long lonely waiting game.
    So after blasting we should stop injections for an entire month?
  17. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    I wouldn't. I'd just taper down and cruise where you normally would.
  18. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I wouldn't. I'd just taper down and cruise where you normally would.
    When would it be safe to get bloods taken by endo?
  19. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    When would it be safe to get bloods tested by endo?
  20. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    I couldn't say, but I sure wouldn't be ending a blast 2-3 weeks out from a lab. Personally, if I were ever to do it, I'd run an 8 week, then taper down quickly to go back to TRT levels for 3-4 weeks. I normally go in for a script refill every 3 months, but it would be no big deal to push it out to 4.

    Blast- 8 weeks
    Taper- 4 weeks
    Cruise- 4 weeks

    Lab time.

    I don't know, man. That is just what I would plan for if I were ever to give it a go.
  21. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0


    Being on trt, shouldn't a blast be shorter than someone doing a cycle? I mean, the test is already built up in our systems to a high normal range, so reaching the top blast ng/dl number should be around week 2 instead of week 4 right?

    I wonder if someone on trt would get the same results from an 8 week blast compared to a 12 week cycle of a non-trt user?
  22. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,498
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Being on trt, shouldn't a blast be shorter than someone doing a cycle? I mean, the test is already built up in our systems to a high normal range, so reaching the top blast ng/dl number should be around week 2 instead of week 4 right?

    I wonder if someone on trt would get the same results from an 8 week blast compared to a 12 week cycle of a non-trt user?
    I would guess that you're on to something. TRT guys are shut down, so anything added on top should be available quickly. "Normal" guys, when they start are both producing naturally and getting exogenous stuff added. When the neg feedback loop thing happens, and they get shut down, then they're relying only on the injections. For us, we're relying solely on injectables.
  23. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    Good point. I know when I first started and we were playing around with dosage and intervals, we went to 200 ew for a couple months and I freaking blew up. I had already been on TRT for about 3-4 months, so my body was adjusted to being on it, and that extra just sent me over. I gained about 10-12lbs in those two months and just thickened up. I imagine it just took that little bit extra to push me over, whereas someone not on TRT has to wait those initial 5-6 weeks and take more.

    I remember that I was on a bulk at the time as well and I topped around 220, which made me feel like a tank. I naturally look thicker than I weigh, but even my wife told me that was starting to look like a monster. That doesn't work for me.
  24. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0


    Great thread. Lots of good info/feedback here.
  25. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,498
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, you were shut down, so your body reacted to the compound quicker. I think "normal" guys who blast, at around the time that natty test production shuts down probably start to feel it too, in an adverse sort of way. I wonder if that's where "test flu" comes from?
    This leads me back to a thread that I started a while back about starting a test cycle at a low dose and tapering up to reduce sides. Hmmmm.
  26. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, but if you look at roidcalc, you can compare (if you've had bloods before) where you'd be based on mg's of inject. For example, when my T was 525ng, that was 4 days after 60mg test inj (before the blast). 525ng corresponds to a number that, based on an 8 day half life of test c, would take almost 28 days to reach with no test injects at all. Resuming TRT dosages (or "taper") would just prolong the elevated total blood T levels and take longer to reach acceptable "in range" numbers.

    EDIT...and btw, i'm on day 9 with no inject/TRT and I really want it bad. But according to the half-life of test C, I should be higher than normal range. I might just spend the $40 and check myself instead of hypothesizing. Perhaps tomorrow... and I will surely post the results. How long does privatemd labs take to get the results back?
  27. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Being on trt, shouldn't a blast be shorter than someone doing a cycle? I mean, the test is already built up in our systems to a high normal range, so reaching the top blast ng/dl number should be around week 2 instead of week 4 right?

    I wonder if someone on trt would get the same results from an 8 week blast compared to a 12 week cycle of a non-trt user?
    I 100% agree with your logic. I think even as short as 4-6 weeks is sufficient as a short blast for somebody already on test by way of trt. maybe 8 weeks for a "normal blast" like you said.
  28. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    EDIT...and btw, i'm on day 9 with no inject/TRT and I really want it bad. But according to the half-life of test C, I should be higher than normal range. I might just spend the $40 and check myself instead of hypothesizing. Perhaps tomorrow... and I will surely post the results. How long does privatemd labs take to get the results back?
    Exactly my point. I would never just stop injecting because I was trying to lower from a blast. F whatever an online guide says. We run by seat of pants, labs, and experience. Are you going to tell me ( not you specifically, just in general) that because someone put up a configuration thingy online that you are going to base what you do on that? No freaking way.
  29. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,498
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

    Exactly my point. I would never just stop injecting because I was trying to lower from a blast. F whatever an online guide says. We run by seat of pants, labs, and experience. Are you going to tell me ( not you specifically, just in general) that because someone put up a configuration thingy online that you are going to base what you do on that? No freaking way.
    Independent lab results>online calculator.
  30. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

    Independent lab results>online calculator.
    Went in today for T check bloodwork. I will post the results Monday and we can see for certain.
  31. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    Went in today for T check bloodwork. I will post the results Monday and we can see for certain.
    Looking forward to seeing it. I'm curious myself as to when I should stop the blast to get BW done for my regular doc visit.
  32. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post

    Looking forward to seeing it. I'm curious myself as to when I should stop the blast to get BW done for my regular doc visit.
    As per lab results just received, 750mg test x 4weeks, 250mg test cyp x 3 weeks, then 7 days later 200mg then 10 days nothing

    534 ng test serum. Lower than I thought and much lower than roidcalc.com
  33. Registered User
    kmfj's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    This is my first post here I hope it is ok to jump in. First off, I am 39, 5'7", 230lbs. I have been lifting for years. Never ran a cycle or a blast. I did two prohormones back in 2004 and one in 2006. I am probably around 20% bf. I always worked out for strength. Last July I had my test test and failed miserably. Numbers were 145 and 3.2. Urologist started me on test cyp 200mg eow. That brought my levels to around 550. He recently changed me to 100mg ew. Waiting for the reslults from that test.
  34. Registered User
    kmfj's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    Sorry I hit the reply before I was finished. I have several friends that have cycled without trt. I know everyone is different but this is how they tested. The first guy ran 400mgs of test ew with 250mgs of deca for six weeks. He stopped cold turkey and got a blood test three weeks later. His number was 139 and 4.1. He had labs before he started and his natural number was 732 and 12.8. Second guy ran a similar protocol he tapered the test at the end and his numbers came back 243 and 8.9. That was also three weeks after taper. Last guy ran 600 test and 500 deca for eight weeks and tapered with proper pct. After five weeks from taper but still on last bit of pct his number were 430 and 11.2. Finally, I had six friends that had thier test at anylabnow and came back in middle normal range. They all waited two weeks and went back. This time they all came back low. They did a few things that we believe affected their levels. They worked out very hard everyday(overtrained); on the day of the second test they all had sex or masturbated, I didn't need to know which one, and hit the gym very hard within one hour of their test. I understand this is not scientific but it pushed everyone of them below 200. The contol was just two guys that didn't change anything but got tests on the same day. Their changes were very minimal. Not sure if this would help coming off a blast but it seems to work in every other situation. Even the guys that cycled employed this technique.
  35. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kmfj View Post
    This is my first post here I hope it is ok to jump in. First off, I am 39, 5'7", 230lbs. I have been lifting for years. Never ran a cycle or a blast. I did two prohormones back in 2004 and one in 2006. I am probably around 20% bf. I always worked out for strength. Last July I had my test test and failed miserably. Numbers were 145 and 3.2. Urologist started me on test cyp 200mg eow. That brought my levels to around 550. He recently changed me to 100mg ew. Waiting for the reslults from that test.
    I think that 100mg EW will bring you up to around 700 or so, which will be more satisfactory. All that test at once is not a good idea since you get a big spike (and more sides), plus it is not conducive to maximizing the tests half-life waiting 2 weeks for another injection. Once per week (or twice per week) suits test much better. I don't know what possesses some of these "medical professionals" to put people on 100mg every month, or 100mg EOW, or even 200mg EOW or once a month....if its not broke don't fix it. 100mg (or whatever you need) EW. And you can always tweak it with two injections per week. Once a month suggestions always blow my mind from personal experience.......
  36. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,498
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    I think that 100mg EW will bring you up to around 700 or so, which will be more satisfactory. All that test at once is not a good idea since you get a big spike (and more sides), plus it is not conducive to maximizing the tests half-life waiting 2 weeks for another injection. Once per week (or twice per week) suits test much better. I don't know what possesses some of these "medical professionals" to put people on 100mg every month, or 100mg EOW, or even 200mg EOW or once a month....if its not broke don't fix it. 100mg (or whatever you need) EW. And you can always tweak it with two injections per week. Once a month suggestions always blow my mind from personal experience.......
    I would guess that most docs try to shut you down before building you up to a level that's decent. In the first few weeks of TRT, from what I understand so far, you are still naturally producing AND getting the benefit of the injected substance.
    I'm going to my endo on Thursday to ask him if that's protocol and if that's the reasoning behind starting off so low. It makes sense to me.
  37. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

    I would guess that most docs try to shut you down before building you up to a level that's decent. In the first few weeks of TRT, from what I understand so far, you are still naturally producing AND getting the benefit of the injected substance.
    I'm going to my endo on Thursday to ask him if that's protocol and if that's the reasoning behind starting off so low. It makes sense to me.
    Yeah that part makes sense...assessing tolerance and levels etc while you are shutting down slowly but surely. But my GP said that they do one 100mg shot per month and MAYBE 2 per month max...and that is THE protocol. That is just plain dumb. He also thinks that one 100mg shot per month is somehow stronger than 8 pumps androgel per day ED. that is about 70-80 mg per WEEK depending on if you can squeeze 10 pumps from the bottle (you can btw). so 100 trumps 300 in their logic lol. Just one dumb people story
  38. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    But my GP said that they do one 100mg shot per month and MAYBE 2 per month max...and that is THE protocol.
    "So, you practice doing something you don't understand. I appreciate you being honest with me so I know not to trust you with any of my other ailments and can find someone that does."
  39. Registered User
    kmfj's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    I think that 100mg EW will bring you up to around 700 or so, which will be more satisfactory. All that test at once is not a good idea since you get a big spike (and more sides), plus it is not conducive to maximizing the tests half-life waiting 2 weeks for another injection. Once per week (or twice per week) suits test much better. I don't know what possesses some of these "medical professionals" to put people on 100mg every month, or 100mg EOW, or even 200mg EOW or once a month....if its not broke don't fix it. 100mg (or whatever you need) EW. And you can always tweak it with two injections per week. Once a month suggestions always blow my mind from personal experience.......
    I just got a call from my doc.100mg ew put me at 762 and 20.2. He felt it was a little high. But said we will keep the dose the same and do more bloodwork in 6 weeks.
  40. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,239
    Answers
    0


    Regardless of the fact that it is well within normal range, did he ask how you felt and if it was addressing your symptoms?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prednisone while on TRT
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
  2. Cutting Fat while on TRT HRT
    By bobbyn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
  3. Physical for Pilot While on TRT
    By kincaiddave in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
  4. Anyway to not be shutdown while on TRT?
    By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 02:37 PM
  5. Muscle Gains at 50 While on TRT
    By kincaiddave in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in