For the smart Folks, have a look at my recent Blood and help me :

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
First I wanna say reading this section for ages you guys are smart as heck and I've learned a ton.
Story, age 34 struggling recently ( last few years ) with Low T, ranges from 175 to 475. Endo started pulling everything, Noon blood draws have shown 178-220-330 etc) TSH and thyroid was off so 1.5 yrs ago started synthroid now at 88mcg. blood every 4 months. Lethargic issues corrected sleep patterns normal. relying on natural T boosters to try and avoid TRT. so I typically cycle natural products like ErgoTest or Triazole.

I dont have 4 months ago blood work on hand but I do have these from last week, downside is these were pulled first thing in morning so I know that will automatically have a small increase over having them done at noon typical, and just finished Ergotest. Even though I have an increase in numbers To me these are are still **** low for a 34 year old healthy person. 215lbs 8 hrs sleep, workout 5 days a week running heavy weight training. Body fat sub 12% Daily intake, fish oil multi-V, creatine, vit d3, i was taking 50mg DHEA but stopped it in september. I had other blood work done but these were my main focus. Ill have to ask what the estrogen and tsh was

TESTOST TOTAL . . . 476 (250-1100) ng/dL
ALBUMIN . . . . . 4.7 (3.6-5.1) g/dL
SEX HOR BND GLO . . . 26 (10-50) nmol/L
TESTOS FREE . . . . 76.1 (46.0-224.0) pg/mL
TESTOS BIOAVIAL . 163.0 (110.0-575.0) ng/dL

before my endo calls me telling me im fine what do I have to stand on? He told me if he were to help me it would only be to get me above 400 which is what he does for his older patients. he is gonna se 476 up from 330 last time and think all is well. free T and bio are low as ****

napalm

napalm

Awards
before my endo calls me telling me im fine what do I have to stand on?
The only thing you have to stand on are symptoms. That said, I think if you're hoping for trt, you're out of luck for now. No endo will prescribe trt w a t level of 476.

Good luck...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First I wanna say reading this section for ages you guys are smart as heck and I've learned a ton.
Story, age 34 struggling recently ( last few years ) with Low T, ranges from 175 to 475. Endo started pulling everything, Noon blood draws have shown 178-220-330 etc) TSH and thyroid was off so 1.5 yrs ago started synthroid now at 88mcg. blood every 4 months. Lethargic issues corrected sleep patterns normal. relying on natural T boosters to try and avoid TRT. so I typically cycle natural products like ErgoTest or Triazole.

I dont have 4 months ago blood work on hand but I do have these from last week, downside is these were pulled first thing in morning so I know that will automatically have a small increase over having them done at noon typical, and just finished Ergotest. Even though I have an increase in numbers To me these are are still **** low for a 34 year old healthy person. 215lbs 8 hrs sleep, workout 5 days a week running heavy weight training. Body fat sub 12% Daily intake, fish oil multi-V, creatine, vit d3, i was taking 50mg DHEA but stopped it in september. I had other blood work done but these were my main focus. Ill have to ask what the estrogen and tsh was

before my endo calls me telling me im fine what do I have to stand on? He told me if he were to help me it would only be to get me above 400 which is what he does for his older patients. he is gonna se 476 up from 330 last time and think all is well. free T and bio are low as ****
typical endo does not test for e2
I would not.have Dr treat either
Would look out side area of.hormones not getting caught up in the number game on lab tests like many do

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice. trt is a ultra last resort as I do not want to have to rely on it forever. Several years of this is getting frustrating. I am just glad its not in the 200's like it was. I spend weeks reading a lot of your replies Matrix trying to mimic the info you provide. Gut health being the most recent

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice. trt is a ultra last resort as I do not want to have to rely on it forever. Several years of this is getting frustrating. I am just glad its not in the 200's like it was. I spend weeks reading a lot of your replies Matrix trying to mimic the info you provide. Gut health being the most recent
lifestyle,gut health, genetic pathways ,sleep quality are priority before even considering hormones. Even if on hormones I check for these in every single case as it.may answer why trt even with optimal levels and proper ratios are cutting it. Most powerful tool is often over looked in medical.profession, common sense. Majority of Doctors have a hard time grasping my abstract logic, but they see the results in their patients is all that matters. Everything goes through them for approval. I love what i do i hate doing the reports which are sometimes several.pages long ..

acidvoodoo

Awards
Can i ask for your info on your thyroid? just for my own benefit. How far was it "off" numbers wise, where did the medication take it to, and what improvement in symptoms did you see. Do you attribute this partly from getting out of 200 range to 400s?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
People who live the longest take the biggest and most robust dumps...known fact.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Can i ask for your info on your thyroid? just for my own benefit. How far was it "off" numbers wise, where did the medication take it to, and what improvement in symptoms did you see. Do you attribute this partly from getting out of 200 range to 400s?

my first time being told my thyroid output was bad My TSH was very high he said ( I cannot recall as it was some time back) My sleep was horrible, energy was terrible talking noon time coma's burst of energy at 10pm it was bad. I started on 50 mcg for 6 months while deployed and within a month i knew right away the change was great, sleep normalized, energy in the morning I felt great, upon return he increased me to 88 mcg where I have been the last yr. My recent pull was TSH .95 and T3 was 92

the endo also noted the poor sleep could have been why my Test leves were 185 to 220. they were in the ****ter, the last yr has seen a rise, im not sure if its from the synthroid, the cycling of test boosters, a combo of both. My last blood draw in july was 330 if I recall total T wise. im concerned with the low on free and bio and hope to free up some more T. mentally its still frustrating but better. This section is great i really learn a lot

BJE

BJE

Awards

The thing I notice is that all your test levels are in the lower 1/4 of the range or less. Those are the ranges of an old man. Ideal would be in the upper forth. A chart I have shows the average level of a 35-44 year old man is 668. 476 is the level of a 75-84 year old man. If you can get testosterone up without resorting to TRT that would be good, but it is something I couldn't accomplish.

The only thing you have to stand on are symptoms. That said, I think if you're hoping for trt, you're out of luck for now. No endo will prescribe trt w a t level of 476.

Good luck...
Focusing on the fact that you are in the low end of the range and if you also have low T symptoms you might convince someone to treat you.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
also depends on the doc. I had 1 want me at 300 and 1 want me at 800-1100. Fish on brother. I went to 5 docs...

BJE

BJE

Awards
I hate to give advice on how to cheat the system, but if you are already on TRT but your levels aren't where you want them to be you could always lower or skip your dose for a while before your doctor does a testosterone test. Then when you get tested it will end up lower and then maybe your doctor will increase your prescription. Then you could test privately to see how your increased dose is working before the doctor tests again. You didn't hear me say that though.

This is kind of how I got onto TRT to begin with. My testosterone was in the low normal range and my doctor didn't want to do anything. Finally he gave me a very small dose of test cream. Well basically all this did was partially shut down my natural production. I stopped using it and went to another doctor who tested me and now I was low because I had stopped the low dose cream. He then put me on a higher dose.