Testosterone Promoting Prolactin?

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody,

I've been looking around the 'nets for a straight-forward answer but haven't been able to find much beyond the hollow bro-science, so I thought I'd pop the question here to some of you more knowledgeable folk (particularly The Matrix and company).

Do Testosterone and/or it's androgenic metabolites have any mode of promoting Prolactin secretion beyond aromatization?

I have a modest working knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology and organic chemistry as well as a basic knowledge of Endocrinology - so please don't refrain from throwing out all the big words and complex concepts. -What I don't understand I will research!

Much thanks in advance!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've never heard of that happening with test, only designer steroids. I'm interested to find out. Before I started trt, my prolactin was waaaayy high. They put me on caber for a month and that took care of it. After starting trt, I haven't had high prolactin since, and it's been a year.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen, decreases in dopamine, hypothyroid, b-6 deficiency increases prolactin

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen, decreases in dopamine, hypothyroid, b-6 deficiency increases prolactin
I've never heard of that happening with test, only designer steroids. I'm interested to find out. Before I started trt, my prolactin was waaaayy high. They put me on caber for a month and that took care of it. After starting trt, I haven't had high prolactin since, and it's been a year.
Thank you both for the answers, I have a hard time getting my endocrinologists to volunteer any kind of education. I actually have an Endocrinology textbook in the mail I'm super excited about. An early x-mas present to myself lol.

Matrix or anyone else, do you have any idea what the difference is between testosterone and a designer steroid that would promote prolactin secretion? I've read some accounts of people saying that a DS like SD would increase prolactin because it uses the prolactin receptor due to a poor affinity for the androgenic receptor? This does not make much sense to me..

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Designer steroids have different affinities for other receptors in your body. The process used to alter the properties of the base hormone also change what it can attach to and how it effects the body. Some steroids are fairly well researched such as anadrol, dianabol and equipoise...but most of the designers were never fully explored by the drug companies and most if the understanding of their actions us more theory than fact. Superdrol was explored for human user briefly but it's aside effects were deemed too risky for further research and dropped. Basically these designer steroid companies wait for someone to open up Julius Vida's book and pick something to make...then every one copies it....with little regard to any human testing other than maybe trying it themselves.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Designer steroids have different affinities for other receptors in your body. The process used to alter the properties of the base hormone also change what it can attach to and how it effects the body. Some steroids are fairly well researched such as anadrol, dianabol and equipoise...but most of the designers were never fully explored by the drug companies and most if the understanding of their actions us more theory than fact. Superdrol was explored for human user briefly but it's aside effects were deemed too risky for further research and dropped. Basically these designer steroid companies wait for someone to open up Julius Vida's book and pick something to make...then every one copies it....with little regard to any human testing other than maybe trying it themselves.
I hear you on that.

I have a recurring prolactinoma and am more interested in the natural metabolites of my TRT and if they could possibly be negatively adding to the situation of recurrence. But I have an Endocrinology textbook and a clinical text coming in the mail, (early christmas present to myself) hoping to understand all this in great detail before I might have to go in for surgery again. I've found a plethora of unhelpful and even harmful endo's and neurosurgeons, it's time to fully take on the responsibility of being my own caretaker.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on that.

I have a recurring prolactinoma and am more interested in the natural metabolites of my TRT and if they could possibly be negatively adding to the situation of recurrence. But I have an Endocrinology textbook and a clinical text coming in the mail, (early christmas present to myself) hoping to understand all this in great detail before I might have to go in for surgery again. I've found a plethora of unhelpful and even harmful endo's and neurosurgeons, it's time to fully take on the responsibility of being my own caretaker.
depends on what drugs.
Tren I know increases prolactin and so can e2, TRT can lower thyroid in some people raising prolactin indirectly.

You still need proper supervision doing what you want to do, but again I would look at the root causes then trying to deal with the symptoms.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
TRT can lower thyroid in some people raising prolactin indirectly.

You still need proper supervision doing what you want to do, but again I would look at the root causes then trying to deal with the symptoms.
I'm aware of the connection between hypothyroidism and hyperprolactinaemia, I'm actually hypothyroid as well and am on replacement therapy. If I'm correct, it is the high TSH seen in some hypothroidism that contributes to hyperprolactinaemia. My TSH has been low since starting the replacement T4 & T3.

I agree, I plan on maintaining an open dialogue with my doctors. The only change is that I have recognized that the only person who will go the extra mile to bring me to better health is me, as they are entrenched in tradition and bound by the politics of medicine.

I appreciate the recommendations and advice Matrix, please let me know if you have any suggestions.