Lab results HRT

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by inventacom View Post
    to my understanding, low-t also effects glucose. treatment for low-t should help lower glucose numbers. As well as cholesterol and many other things. my glucose levels have only been this way for couple years. around the time i began to shut down. may i ask what your test level was?
    yes, I heard the same thing....TRT/restoring your test will help with the blood glucose issue....but my test was 290, I was quite shocked since i had just recently done a proper clomid PCT (not for an AAS cycle, but a PH/DS cycle) and had steady been on DAA/intimidate for the months after that (on nothing for testing of course).

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

Yes I had sugar checked at same time as my last labs. Glucose came in at 105 while fasting. Prior tests within the last two years shows glucose between 99 and 105. Most of the time it's 99. Other blood issue that no doctor seems to care about is the monocytes. Mine in the last two years has been in the range of 10 & 15. I think that's low and from what I gather, it has something to do with auto immune. IDK how it plays a role if any to low-T.

For the last 9 months I have been on a non fat, gluten free and low calorie diet of 800-1100 calories a day. I have a home gym where i sometimes work the bench with weights. The gym doesn't happen everyday as I never have energy and always feel sever weakness.

I was put on this lifestyle diet after discovering the high acid in my stomach caused me to get Barrett's esophagus. Diagnosed in Feb 2012.

The one thing I haven't been doing is the low carb diet. I have never been told too. I will now. Thanks for the reply and the info
    I was put on this lifestyle diet after discovering the high acid in my stomach caused me to get Baretts esophagus. Diagnosed in Feb 2012.

The one thing I haven't been doing is the low carb diet. I have never been told too. I will now. Thanks for the reply and the info
    Yes, keep the gluten free diet, BUT increase fat to 150g a day, protein 100g and cut carbs to 50g mostly vegetables. Give this a try and see how you feel. This is about 2000cal per day. Include whole eggs, chesse, butter, fattier meats etc. Dont be afraid it will be ok.

Fasted blood glucose of 105 is a sign of insulin resistance. THere is little doubt about that. Only thing that will help is for you to switch from burning glucose to fat for energy. By giving your cells a break from constant insulin bombardment it will sesitize them again. The HRT will also aid in this matter. It's not just diabetes but looking at the whole picture that will fix the problem. MOST important is the diet. If the diet will still run your glucose numbers high your pancreas may be burned out. You could try lipizide/or metforming and such but hopefully you will recover to the point where your body makes enough insulin and along with the TRT and other hormons working better to sustain at least a low carb diet without need it drugs.
    If you need more pointers with the diet let me know. Dont be scared of eating fat, it will not harm you at all actually im sure it will help you in many ways.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    my blood glucose came back at 105 as well, fasting since 12 hours previous (other than an egg protein in water shake earlier in the morning)...and I am a low carber, and hadn't had any significant carbs for probably more like 24 hours. They flagged it at the lab, but the doctor didn't say a thing to me "everything looks good". also they flagged the 290 test, but he felt clinically i looked "fine" so he did not bother to tell me about that either. Luckily I am informed and asked for the test results so i saw all this crap and forced them to address it via TRT. but I didn't follow up on the high glucose....it worries me since I am a low carber and was fasted, that doesn't sound good. Keep us updated though, I'm curious as to what you find out. Once i get this TRT sorted out, i figure to get glucose checked along with hormones next blood work and I'll bring it up then I suppose.....
    If you are worried buy a glucose meter and keep checking your glucose fasted in the AM. If it persistantly stays 100 or better then do a insulin tolerance test and also check if the problem is at the cell level or pancreas is not producing enough.
    If you did low carb and still stays up the pancreas may be the culprit but who know everything needs to be checked to make sure.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    If you are worried buy a glucose meter and keep checking your glucose fasted in the AM. If it persistantly stays 100 or better then do a insulin tolerance test and also check if the problem is at the cell level or pancreas is not producing enough.
    If you did low carb and still stays up the pancreas may be the culprit but who know everything needs to be checked to make sure.
    yeah my dad said his came back around 99ish and he was taking his blood glucose with some sort of device he had at home...and he said it was up near 100 pretty much all the time, but usually just below. he is 70 so he does not eat much, probably once per day and not so much carbs...then minor snacking during the day. What are some symptoms I should look for? and can you get a glucose meter at the pharmacy? I will pick one up when I pickup my androgel refill on monday. never used one before obviously. this involves blood right? damn......
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

yeah my dad said his came back around 99ish and he was taking his blood glucose with some sort of device he had at home...and he said it was up near 100 pretty much all the time, but usually just below. he is 70 so he does not eat much, probably once per day and not so much carbs...then minor snacking during the day. What are some symptoms I should look for? and can you get a glucose meter at the pharmacy? I will pick one up when I pickup my androgel refill on monday. never used one before obviously. this involves blood right? damn......
    You can get a meter at any pharmacy. I found a cheap one at walmart that is for travel cost me 20 bucks for 50strips. It's easy to use very little blood. Symptoms I run into was bloating and indigestion but this is me though. I felt as if I wasnt eating enough food nutritionaly, even though I ate 3000cal or more. I also felt weak as if my body couldnt asimilate what I ate and I was geting fat. That the best I can describe it.

If you want go low carbs basically protein, fat, vegetables. In a few weeks or so things should change with your body. Then have a carbs meal like a maltodextrin drink of 50g of carbs and check your glucose every hour. See what you get. As a matter of fact do that now to have a base line and then try same later to compare. If you are insulin resistant you will see the difference.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

You can get a meter at any pharmacy. I found a cheap one at walmart that is for travel cost me 20 bucks for 50strips. It's easy to use very little blood. Symptoms I run into was bloating and indigestion but this is me though. I felt as if I wasnt eating enough food nutritionaly, even though I ate 3000cal or more. I also felt weak as if my body couldnt asimilate what I ate and I was geting fat. That the best I can describe it.

If you want go low carbs basically protein, fat, vegetables. In a few weeks or so things should change with your body. Then have a carbs meal like a maltodextrin drink of 50g of carbs and check your glucose every hour. See what you get. As a matter of fact do that now to have a base line and then try same later to compare. If you are insulin resistant you will see the difference.
    yeah I already low carb, usually 40-60 carbs a day and a few days of 100 carbs or so. my fat is always 100-130 grams and protein 180-200 grams...depending on if I take in 1800 or 2000 or 2200 calories that day. maybe get a normal every day/low carb baseline reading....check it every day for several days....then on the day I take in the 100 carbs (usually all at once) I'll check every hour. I do take in tons of fat and protein with the carbs most times....like 1/3 to 1/2 of my cals at once. so that might skew the glucose level reading. not sure.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

yeah I already low carb, usually 40-60 carbs a day and a few days of 100 carbs or so. my fat is always 100-130 grams and protein 180-200 grams...depending on if I take in 1800 or 2000 or 2200 calories that day. maybe get a normal every day/low carb baseline reading....check it every day for several days....then on the day I take in the 100 carbs (usually all at once) I'll check every hour. I do take in tons of fat and protein with the carbs most times....like 1/3 to 1/2 of my cals at once. so that might skew the glucose level reading. not sure.
    Yeap get a normal everyday low carb baseline reading. At 2000 cal per day 200g of protein is a bit high. I eat 200-250 at 3000cal. I normally keep my daily carbs to 50g or so and only once a week I spike with a meal of 150-whatever carb amount. I have no limit on this one. If you increase carbs too often it might not work as well. If you need calories eat more fat. I sometimes hit uppwards to 300g of fat a day if I have physical. demands.
    Now for this purpose I would eat the carbs solo. When you add fat and protein in the mix it affects absorbtion. When I check mine with the maltodextrin I drink it by itself. This way there is no interference. Good point!
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Yeap get a normal everyday low carb baseline reading. At 2000 cal per day 200g of protein is a bit high. I eat 200-250 at 3000cal. I normally keep my daily carbs to 50g or so and only once a week I spike with a meal of 150-whatever carb amount. I have no limit on this one. If you increase carbs too often it might not work as well. If you need calories eat more fat. I sometimes hit uppwards to 300g of fat a day if I have physical. demands.
    Now for this purpose I would eat the carbs solo. When you add fat and protein in the mix it affects absorbtion. When I check mine with the maltodextrin I drink it by itself. This way there is no interference. Good point!
    yeah I know all about the fact protein/fiber even fat can blunt the effects of any carb simple or complex. I like to eat 12+ oz's of lo mein noodles with 8+ oz's of flank steak for my carb meal. needless to say its full of fat/carbs/protein. or pizza, which again, is full of all those things....i rarely eat JUST carbs when I carb up. But I'll definitely do it, with 50 grams of whatever, just to see what happens. But i like to take in my BW + a bit in protein...so at 175-195 I just do 190-220 grams of protein. I do kill the fat though still....100 plus grams easily unless I am on a lower calorie day.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

yeah I know all about the fact protein/fiber even fat can blunt the effects of any carb simple or complex. I like to eat 12+ oz's of lo mein noodles with 8+ oz's of flank steak for my carb meal. needless to say its full of fat/carbs/protein. or pizza, which again, is full of all those things....i rarely eat JUST carbs when I carb up. But I'll definitely do it, with 50 grams of whatever, just to see what happens. But i like to take in my BW + a bit in protein...so at 175-195 I just do 190-220 grams of protein. I do kill the fat though still....100 plus grams easily unless I am on a lower calorie day.
    I normally do the same as you do for the big meal I eat everything together. Most times I just over eat so much like a whole pizza or 2 burgers, trimings and desert then Im out for hours..lol
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%

Triglycerides in the blood get there via the liver. Carbs are the culprit in most cases plus genetics too BUT in general carbs in the form of sugars get broken down by the liver and if not burned then in an atempt for out bodies to get rid of high blood sugar it dispearses it towards fat cells and blood. One thing to check in your case is Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance. HRT should help with this problem but goin on a low carb diet is equally important.
    Did you ever have your blood sugar checked and insulin response?
    How is your daily diet?
    My point exactly
    low T, vitamin D deficiency ----> insulin resistance -----> altered lipid functions

I got his case pretty much under control. I just sent out over $1500 of testing covered 100% to get down to bottom of things..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  290 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.05%

yes, I heard the same thing....TRT/restoring your test will help with the blood glucose issue....but my test was 290, I was quite shocked since i had just recently done a proper clomid PCT (not for an AAS cycle, but a PH/DS cycle) and had steady been on DAA/intimidate for the months after that (on nothing for testing of course).
    wow. Please update how the androgel works for you with T levels and any differences of glucose numbers. I'm going to be pushing for the injections myself. I figured if i am a canidate for TRT at all, then I should be able to chose how I recieve it. Right? Also, I am still researching the use of HGH with TRT. All sounds good but I would like to learn more about it and how many drs actually use HGH with the TRT. There are some websites which claim to have their own drs and they offer HGH with TRT as well as estrogen blocker. Have you had estrogen checked?
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

wow. Please update how the androgel works for you with T levels and any differences of glucose numbers. I'm going to be pushing for the injections myself. I figured if i am a canidate for TRT at all, then I should be able to chose how I recieve it. Right? Also, I am still researching the use of HGH with TRT. All sounds good but I would like to learn more about it and how many drs actually use HGH with the TRT. There are some websites which claim to have their own drs and they offer HGH with TRT as well as estrogen blocker. Have you had estrogen checked?
    I agree. They told me "you're not a candidate for injections".....I asked why? "you don't show symptoms, you are asymptomatic".....I almost asked how she knows this since neither her nor the doctor asked me any questions about lethargy, low libido etc so I assume it was a visual assessment...which as we know has nothing to do with discerning if someone is suffering from low T. you can work out and supplement and train etc and get yourself looking good in spite of the low T. In addition they refused to request any estrogen/female #'s. Now that I am on TRT with them? I will insist next time (probably will wait 2-3 months and test again). But I am steady on AI's/anti-estrogens (Erase, arimidex, formastane, etc)...I have high estrogen, that one I can tell you for sure, so I already have medicated for that and will definitely continue to while on TRT. If I wait for the doctor to prescribe me anything for estrogen? I'll drop dead before he capitulates to that request. Oh well, you just take what they give you and make the best of it, and find OTC alternatives for things you need that they won't prescribe. I already feel/look better using the androgel after just 1 month and change...esp lately after moving up to 5g per day. I am curious as to what my test # will be. But I need to wait a few months since I don't want any of my PH's and whatever else I am using to interfere with the readings. I want to be off of everything other than androgel when tested. that won't be for several months.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My HRT lab results
    By namtrag in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  2. T1-Pro Lab Results 2
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
  3. skewing lab results
    By SJA in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7