would appreciate thoughts on test results

vkg1

Awards
I know it's probably getting tedious, all the people asking for opinions on their blood work results. But it's just such a valuable thing to have (the perspectives of other like-minded, similarly concerned people who might have been around the block on the topic more than I have)...

Basically, I'm 35 and have been feeling lower and lower energy and libido steadily pretty much every year for about 5 years. At first I thought it might be thyroid, then depression, then that it was all in my head, etc. But I've more and more just been finding myself feeling like it's classic low T. Particularly as I've been getting seemingly more and more quiet, feeble, low confidence, even mental acuity going downhill. It seems like the only times I feel alive are in the hours right after a workout where I have recovered from the energy expenditure and am experience the PWO high.

Would anyone be willing to share the thoughts they have upon seeing these numbers? The thing is that everything seems to be in range. I'm happy to see that it looks like I'm healthy. But unhappy there's no obvious explanation for the problems I am having and that I feel are making my life much poorer than it was only a few years ago. I would still like to find a wife and have kids, for example, but feel that in my current state I do not "have what it takes" to achieve these goals :/

Any suggestions on what you would do if you were feeling some of the things I've described but had the blood numbers shown below?

TSH 2.5 uIU/mL (0.45-4.5)
Thyroxine 8 ug/dL (4.5-12.0)
T3 31% (24-39)
Free Thyroxine Index 2.5 (1.2-4.9)

Testosterone 546 (348-1197)
Testosteron Free 14.14 (5-21)
% Free Test 2.59 (1.5-4.2)

Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.6 (0-4.0)
IGF-1 196 (115-307)

Estradiol 9 pg/mL (3-70)

vassille

Awards
I know it's probably getting tedious, all the people asking for opinions on their blood work results. But it's just such a valuable thing to have (the perspectives of other like-minded, similarly concerned people who might have been around the block on the topic more than I have)...

Basically, I'm 35 and have been feeling lower and lower energy and libido steadily pretty much every year for about 5 years. At first I thought it might be thyroid, then depression, then that it was all in my head, etc. But I've more and more just been finding myself feeling like it's classic low T. Particularly as I've been getting seemingly more and more quiet, feeble, low confidence, even mental acuity going downhill. It seems like the only times I feel alive are in the hours right after a workout where I have recovered from the energy expenditure and am experience the PWO high.

Would anyone be willing to share the thoughts they have upon seeing these numbers? The thing is that everything seems to be in range. I'm happy to see that it looks like I'm healthy. But unhappy there's no obvious explanation for the problems I am having and that I feel are making my life much poorer than it was only a few years ago. I would still like to find a wife and have kids, for example, but feel that in my current state I do not "have what it takes" to achieve these goals :/

Any suggestions on what you would do if you were feeling some of the things I've described but had the blood numbers shown below?

T3 31% (24-39)

IGF-1 196 (115-307)

Estradiol 9 pg/mL (3-70)
I 've been in your shoes so I know what you going through. I might be able to help you but first:
What do you eat on a daily basis?
How much sleep do you get?
As far as you know what r u allergic to foodwise!
What's your job like?

rfarns01

Awards

T3 31% (24-39)

IGF-1 196 (115-307)

Estradiol 9 pg/mL (3-70)
On paper your levels look pretty damn good. Maybe look outside of TRT. Estradiol a bit low. But not sure if we trust the labcorp sensitive.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
On paper your levels look pretty damn good. Maybe look outside of TRT. Estradiol a bit low. But not sure if we trust the labcorp sensitive.
thyroid is potentially low and i.would ck 24 hour cortisol adrenal saliva profile. Proper.history is need to.look.for.possible pathology of the issue which goes.out.side.hormones. Labcorp sensitive e2 is junk.need 004515 instead. Proper.evaluation is crucial to case for.proper.treatment. Too.many guys are getting burned.by false readings ..

vkg1

Awards
I 've been in your shoes so I know what you going through. I might be able to help you but first:
What do you eat on a daily basis?
How much sleep do you get?
As far as you know what r u allergic to foodwise!
What's your job like?
I'm not aware of any food allergies. Is it common for a food allergy to cause these symptoms? My diet generally isn't the greatest right now. I try to get plenty of fishoil, good quality multi-vitamins, protein, and as many veggies as I can squeeze in (though admittedly it's not enough right now -- it's very hard for me to prepare my own food right now and where I live (not in US) the average diet is somewhat low on veggies). My sleep isn't the greatest in the world in terms of consistency, but I think I average out to about 7.5 hours a night, so it's not as bad as it could be.

My job is a bit stressful but I would say not much more than most people's.

The thing is that, although my diet could be substantially better, it is not markedly different from in the past, so it's something I'm going to think about more, but it also isn't something I'd say is an obvious explanation since I used to feel fine with no better diet...

Can you tell me anything about what you found were the causes and solutions in your situation?

vkg1

Awards
thyroid is potentially low and i.would ck 24 hour cortisol adrenal saliva profile. Proper.history is need to.look.for.possible pathology of the issue which goes.out.side.hormones. Labcorp sensitive e2 is junk.need 004515 instead. Proper.evaluation is crucial to case for.proper.treatment. Too.many guys are getting burned.by false readings ..
Interesting. Why do you say the thyroid is low when all the values appear to be in the middle of their ranges? Is it common for cortisol to cause low-T type symptoms? Are the tests reliable... I always thought of cortisol as something that probably varies widely throughout the day.

vassille

Awards
I'm not aware of any food allergies. Is it common for a food allergy to cause these symptoms? My diet generally isn't the greatest right now. I try to get plenty of fishoil, good quality multi-vitamins, protein, and as many veggies as I can squeeze in (though admittedly it's not enough right now -- it's very hard for me to prepare my own food right now and where I live (not in US) the average diet is somewhat low on veggies). My sleep isn't the greatest in the world in terms of consistency, but I think I average out to about 7.5 hours a night, so it's not as bad as it could be.

My job is a bit stressful but I would say not much more than most people's.

The thing is that, although my diet could be substantially better, it is not markedly different from in the past, so it's something I'm going to think about more, but it also isn't something I'd say is an obvious explanation since I used to feel fine with no better diet...

Can you tell me anything about what you found were the causes and solutions in your situation?
sure
my issue has been that I wasnt digesting carbs very well. WHat I mean by carbs Im talking about the white stuff...flour and even rice and my intake of simple sugars in the form of juice and POW drinks made things even worse. I had an imbalance where my liver was having a hard time breaking down fructose increasing my tryglicerides and the glucose was making me fat. I was feeling weak like I wasnt geting enough nutrition even though I was going to the gym regulary and eating right (low fat whole grain, protein diet).

Solution, I completely changed my diet- low carbs, and increased good fats and protein.I dropped the flour whole grain nonsense, and only eat organic steel oats and some fruit now but sparingly and fat lots of fat.
I have absolutely no issues digesting food now, and i can even eat dairy and before I was lactose intolerant! My stomach used to bother the crop outta me and I never got relief till one day I basically cut the carbs way down. I dont have celiac I can eat bread but my body just cannot digest it properly.
Sometimes having food allergies may not be as straight forward and noticeable because you just used to it but once the change occurs the difference is like night and day.
Through my diet I also dropped some body fat which interstingly enough it was something I had to work very hard when on the old diet...with some drugs and endless cardio. Now im lean all the time without much trying and I fill fuller and stronger, way stronger;)

I think we are not meant to eat 300-400g of carbs a day regradless where it comes from and very little fat....this is my opinion. Our bodies just can not handle all the insulin response on a daily basis. When we are younger it's easier to eat those carbs but sooner or later bad stuff will start to happen, like hromons problems, digestive issues, inflamation. Funny thing is that fat intake aids digestion, hormons production and a host of other things just the opposite of what the FDA is preaching. From my own experience I believe that the way we eat today causes a lot of issues.