Should I Be Concerned (Low-T?)?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Should I Be Concerned (Low-T?)?

I have recently been experiencing a number of symptoms and had a number of tests done, including testosterone tests. Luckily these symptoms have been mostly caused due to another issue. The results from my endocrinologist have yielded lower numbers for my testosterone than I have expected. Bioavailable was 280, Free was 95, and Total was 375. I'm 22 and have been weightlifting for over three years, so these aren't the numbers I am looking for. I attempted to talk to the endocrinologist, but these results were "normal". I tried talking about wanting optimal levels and he acted like I was crazy. I've never used anabolics, gh, or anything remotely hormonal, so there is no real explanation.

Should I go searching for a new endocrinologist or should I be fine with these results?

Edit: Forgot to mention a previous test yielded a 286 total testosterone number (about a week earlier)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

The key question in "how do you feel?"

If you feel okay with those levels--and don't have symptoms of low T--I'd steer clear of it at your age. Just my two cents.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    The key question in "how do you feel?"

If you feel okay with those levels--and don't have symptoms of low T--I'd steer clear of it at your age. Just my two cents.
    Quite frankly, I feel terrible. The endocrinologist links it to a vitamin D deficiency, but I've had that issue before and never felt this way.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AustinStarr View Post
    I have recently been experiencing a number of symptoms and had a number of tests done, including testosterone tests. Luckily these symptoms have been mostly caused due to another issue. The results from my endocrinologist have yielded lower numbers for my testosterone than I have expected. Bioavailable was 280, Free was 95, and Total was 375. I'm 22 and have been weightlifting for over three years, so these aren't the numbers I am looking for. I attempted to talk to the endocrinologist, but these results were "normal". I tried talking about wanting optimal levels and he acted like I was crazy. I've never used anabolics, gh, or anything remotely hormonal, so there is no real explanation.

Should I go searching for a new endocrinologist or should I be fine with these results?

Edit: Forgot to mention a previous test yielded a 286 total testosterone number (about a week earlier)
    I know I sound like a broken record, but you need to look for factors for why you have them in the first place. I would say 60-70% of people in your case unless there is a piturary or structural issues do not need TRT. IN many cases its just a symptoms covering up something that may be hidden. See this all day long with younger guys. Once I correct sleep pattern, testosterone goes up, once you correct GI and reduce inflammation in the body testosterone goes up. The trick is identifying these things because they hide from traditional medicine
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Registered User

I wish I had looked further into my issues instead of agreeing to go on TRT.
  6. pug
    Stats
    5'9"  82 lbs.

Why

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    why's that ? Try not working?
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle
    Lex guy i recommend Does all.that. We also are really good colleagues and have daily communications. See drs i refer people to we work as a team unlike some ego.maniacs i.have come across in my travels. I am also working on cases with the God father himself of TRT Dr Shippen who really likes the approach being taking. Its only complimenting what he is trying to do..Not going against in any way. When certain people piss me off it gives me more motivation. Remember Karma's a real BIATCH...What ever you put out in the universe comes back 10 fold.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 09:44 AM
  2. Should I Be Concerned About My Seum Test Level?
    By preston25 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 08:32 AM
  3. should i be concerned about venom hyperdrive
    By loony41 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
  4. X-Factor. Should we be concerned?
    By jtt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 02:13 AM
  5. HCG and extreme temperatures, should I be concerned?
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 10:10 AM