Recent Blood Test and results. Why is my SHBG so low and is that bad?

badrad123

Awards
Hi,

I've been on androgel 1.6% 2 pumps for the past 2 weeks. Recently had blood test
and the results are listed below:

Total Test - 218 (250-890)
SHBG 12L (13 - 71)
Test, Free 65.7 (47 -244 pg/ml)
Test, Free % 3.0 (1.6-2.9%)
TSH 2.14 (0.35 - 4.5)

My previous T levels were around 186 and SHBG was 12. It seems weird that my T
went up a little but the SHBG stayed the same and my free t% went up.

After the results my PCP told me to start 3 pumps instead of 2.

Do you think once I add my T my SHGB will increase a bit? I have read that it's
not good to have too low of a SHBG level.

I'm 6'0 and 195 pounds. No exercise yet and do consume too much sugar in my
coffee at times. Could this be causing such a low SHBG level.....besides the low
T?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I've been on androgel 1.6% 2 pumps for the past 2 weeks. Recently had blood test
and the results are listed below:

Total Test - 218 (250-890)
SHBG 12L (13 - 71)
Test, Free 65.7 (47 -244 pg/ml)
Test, Free % 3.0 (1.6-2.9%)
TSH 2.14 (0.35 - 4.5)

My previous T levels were around 186 and SHBG was 12. It seems weird that my T
went up a little but the SHBG stayed the same and my free t% went up.

After the results my PCP told me to start 3 pumps instead of 2.

Do you think once I add my T my SHGB will increase a bit? I have read that it's
not good to have too low of a SHBG level.

I'm 6'0 and 195 pounds. No exercise yet and do consume too much sugar in my
coffee at times. Could this be causing such a low SHBG level.....besides the low
T?
You are fat and obesse
low thyroid
insulin resistant.
Or all the above......

Great Dr gives you TRT to complement a shi^tty diet which on complicates the matters never addressing the cause..typical ...

badrad123

Awards
Thanks Matrix for the straight talk.

So, exercise and a good diet would help all of the above? Are there any vitamins/minerals I should be taking in addition to the exercise and dieting?

Thanks again and I really do appreciate the honest feedback.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix for the straight talk.

So, exercise and a good diet would help all of the above? Are there any vitamins/minerals I should be taking in addition to the exercise and dieting?

Thanks again and I really do appreciate the honest feedback.
Yes ,
Majority of change can be intiated with positive lifestyle changes, proper nutrition and looking at the potential root causes by looking at the underlying pathology. Again there are several variables which need to be investigated along with your medical professional (I'm not DR so I can initiate some tesing, but not the detailed testing, but an open minded Dr can). In many cases people can avoid unneccesary meds when the proper evaluation is done to get the body back to balance. Its all about BALANCE and making the proper choices. No one is liable for your health except you !! I just provide people as well as Drs with information to help make the best logical and choices for better health.

You need to identify what you are low in and why you are low in it then you can have a good starting point. Alot of people who take supplements are just pissing it out because their body is not in a state to properly absorb it. " We are what we eat " is a totally false statement. The revised saying "we are what we absorb, assimilate then eliminate. I focus on "from one hole to the other" as the one of the main core for balancing the body.