19 years old with a string of endocrine problems

toorawdew

Awards
Hello all, sorry for the long post, but I think it's neccecsary to get good advice. I am 19 years old and have a string of health problems. I first got blood work about 4-5 months ago because I really felt a lot of symptomps from low testosterone. Sure enough, my levels came back and I did have low testosterone as well as a very high TSH. My testosterone was 310 and my TSH was 11.1. I went to an endo (I know, silly me, but I didn't know better at the time) and he had me going on some T4. He only tested my thyroid and testosterone, and wouldn't let me test estrogen, shbg, cortisol, or even my free t3 or free t4 because he said all those were irrelevant! Anyway, about a month after being on T4, my TSH came back at 5 and my testosterone went up to 410. I was pretty optimistic but still felt like utter garbage and knew I wouldn't get better with this doc. I finally found a good hormone doctor after she was referred to me from a guy who lives in my city and saw me posting on the trt steroidology forum. The first thing she did was test everything in my body, just about every test I could think of which was great. The results were a bit saddening because my tsh went down, but my testosterone also went down. I was hoping that as my tsh improved, so would my testosterone, but that wasn't the case. Here are my most recent labs.

Estradiol: 2.2 (reference range 3-70 pg/ml) WTH? I would have never expected it to be low since
Ferritin: 71 (reference:47-358)
Free T3: 2.4 (reference 2.2-4.0)
Anti-TPO-Ab 251.0 yes thats right 251 (reference range: <35)
Total Testosterone: 360
Free Testosterone: 6.84 (reference range: 9-47)

Thyroid Screen: Free T4 1.1 (reference range: .8-1.5)
TSH: 4.3 reference (.358-3.740)

SHBG 38 (reference:11 to 80)

Reverse T3: 339 (reference range: 90-350)

I was diagnosed with hasimoto's auto immune and also had a very high deficieny in vitamin D and zinc. My vitamin d level was at 18 and optimal is 80. The hormone doctor wants to give me a bit of T3, but she said she can't until I get all my nutrients up to par. I am currently taking vitamin d, iodine, zinc, selenium, and omega 3's. My biggest worry is about the testosterone. She is not an advocate of testosterone therapy and said that at most she'd give me a bit of topical cream. I am not sure what to do regarding the testosterone. I've thought about TRT and I'm all for doing it, but at the end of the day I'm only 19 years old. I lift weights 4 times a week, hit my macros everyday, and lift hard. I was 220 pounds 2 years ago and lost about 70. I am 150 now but putting and maintaining muscle has always been hard for me. I cannot explain how much I love the gym, but not seeing results when I bust my ass more then most I know is hard. My endo was willing to prescribe me testosterone, but he will only do creams. If I do get on trt, I will go with shots. I did talk to Chip Wadowski with maximus, but his physicians won't accept me as I'm so young and need to be monitored closely. What would you guys do in my situation? I know the T3 which is long awaited for may help a bit, but I want to have test levels of atleast 800. I'm only 19 for crying out loud lol. anyway I look forward to meeting new people on this forum and would really appreciate the advice. I know most would say that TRT should be out of the question at 19, but to be honest lifting and achieving a good physique is my one dream and I am certainly not gonna get there with test levels in the 300's..

toorawdew

Awards
A little more information. I also have beta thallesemia trait. My mom is also hypothyroid and has the same trait as me. She just went to the same hormone doctor as me, and got her results done. She does not have hashimoto's, and even though she is on T4 only, her T4 and T3 levels look pretty good. I guess I just really got screwed. I really want to get the ball rolling and start living life like I should. My metabolism is in the gutter, and I feel like **** most of the time. When I first got my blood work, I had come closer to commiting suicide then I ever had in those first two months. It's been a hard thing to deal with, especially with being a full time student and working. My sex drive is completely non existent and I am ALWAYS cold. When it's cold outside, my whole body shrinks ridiculously and I feel horrible. If there is any advice or additional questions, I'd really appreciate it.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
if it was me i would get a handle on the thyroid problem first, to me it sounds like low testosterone is a symptom caused by the hashimoto's disease. To me throwing a pile of medication at symptoms wouldn't be the best solution, adding them one at a time. hashimoto's is for sure a cause of many problems and once that is in control, then see what else has rebalanced and examine your symptoms again. Walking in to a doctor and saying "I'm 19 years old and think I should have testosterone of 800" just doesn't really work too well.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One word "why"?
Is would.never suggest to.till you rule out other issues first.
Your looking for a short term fix but not a long term solution.
As i have noted testosterone is usually a.symptom of the cause.