New Blood Work...opinions/ insight desired...

lboston

lboston

Awards
I was prescribed TRT in the month of November 2011. I did TRT of Test Cyp @ 100mg every week per the urologist I was referred to. I then sought a second opinion of an endocrinologist as I was not very comfortable with the knowledge the urologist seemed to have regarding hormone replacement therapy--specifically regarding how it would affect my fertility. The urologist said he was somewhat unaware of any negative impact that the exogenous test shots might have on my fertility.

I relayed this to the endocrinologist at the end of December and he recommended I stop the shots for a month and get a more complete blood panel done through his office. Endo wanted to check for metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems, insulin resistance, etc... Per his advice I stopped the TRT and had bloods drawn at the end of January. I now have those results.

I am going to attach these results from the urologist in November and the endo's office at the end of January. My Test actually seemed to have gone down even more, as have my LH and FSH--as far as I can tell. Endo still does not want to begin any type of treatment, but instead wants me to come back in 8 more weeks for another blood draw. I have no clue why he wants me to wait...

My liver and kidney function tests came back as abnormal as well...told me to follow up with my primary care center.

I would appreciate any input some of you might have...I do not really know what to do as far as the test levels go...considering clomid? That would have to be done on my own as I highly doubt I could get the doc to agree to anything...

LB

Attachments

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed TRT in the month of November 2011. I did TRT of Test Cyp @ 100mg every week per the urologist I was referred to. I then sought a second opinion of an endocrinologist as I was not very comfortable with the knowledge the urologist seemed to have regarding hormone replacement therapy--specifically regarding how it would affect my fertility. The urologist said he was somewhat unaware of any negative impact that the exogenous test shots might have on my fertility.

I relayed this to the endocrinologist at the end of December and he recommended I stop the shots for a month and get a more complete blood panel done through his office. Endo wanted to check for metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems, insulin resistance, etc... Per his advice I stopped the TRT and had bloods drawn at the end of January. I now have those results.

I am going to attach these results from the urologist in November and the endo's office at the end of January. My Test actually seemed to have gone down even more, as have my LH and FSH--as far as I can tell. Endo still does not want to begin any type of treatment, but instead wants me to come back in 8 more weeks for another blood draw. I have no clue why he wants me to wait...

My liver and kidney function tests came back as abnormal as well...told me to follow up with my primary care center.

I would appreciate any input some of you might have...I do not really know what to do as far as the test levels go...considering clomid? That would have to be done on my own as I highly doubt I could get the doc to agree to anything...

LB
Perfect time to do a clomid challenge. Waiting 8 weeks is ridiculous mean while your quality of life is fked, but what does the dr care he does not have to live it...Liver are elevated probably due to you working out the night before or if you went drinking with in 24- 48 hours of the test. If not then I would have them repeated in 2-3 weeks to see if they return to normal.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Perfect time to do a clomid challenge. Waiting 8 weeks is ridiculous mean while your quality of life is fked, but what does the dr care he does not have to live it...Liver are elevated probably due to you working out the night before or if you went drinking with in 24- 48 hours of the test. If not then I would have them repeated in 2-3 weeks to see if they return to normal.
How about the kidney related blood work. I can tell those are out of range.

I did work out the day before the blood draw--it was also fasted.

Very interested in trying Clomid...would like more info on this.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How about the kidney related blood work. I can tell those are out of range.

I did work out the day before the blood draw--it was also fasted.

Very interested in trying Clomid...would like more info on this.
Wait 2-3 weeks then one can retest enyzme do not work out 48 hours before if still elevated need to further evaluate. In order to to a restart there is a whole chain of events which have to take place. To increase a successful restart on needs a solid 3-4 months of prep work before attempting.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Wait 2-3 weeks then one can retest enyzme do not work out 48 hours before if still elevated need to further evaluate. In order to to a restart there is a whole chain of events which have to take place. To increase a successful restart on needs a solid 3-4 months of prep work before attempting.
Thanks--what about the kidney function tests: the gfr, BUN, and creatinine tests were also abnormal.

I had liver cancer as an infant--and chemo--could that still be affecting liver and kidney enzymes?

I tried to PM you back, but it said your box was full.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Cleared

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Workout you get anormal readings..