Which Estrogen test?

corvettels3

Awards
I got my results last week, but I had my total estrogen check. It came back at 75pg/ml. Range (40-115). Should I have been given a sensitivity test or is the total good enough? BTW, the range is coming from LabCorp.

Raul

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I got my results last week, but I had my total estrogen check. It came back at 75pg/ml. Range (40-115). Should I have been given a sensitivity test or is the total good enough? BTW, the range is coming from LabCorp.

Raul
Total is invalid testing. Practioners who order these test I would be running away from as fast as you can.
Lab corp sensitive test I have found to be in accurate on many Dr's patients as well as my self for the past 2 years which not allowed me to get finally dialed in.

The correct one you want is 4021x from quest or lab corp (7.6-42) range not the 3-70

corvettels3

Awards
Thanks for the reply brother. What is the difference between the two. Being that I'm in range with the total should I still get a sensitive test?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply brother. What is the difference between the two. Being that I'm in range with the total should I still get a sensitive test?
Total estrogen is a female test not a male test....Which makes me suspicion of current Dr.

corvettels3

Awards
Why would labcorp have a range for Adult Males - 40-115?
My results have me at 75pg/mL right below that it states:

Prepubertal: <40
Adult Male: 40-115
Castrate: <40
HMG Treatment
Therapeutic: 400-800

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Why would labcorp have a range for Adult Males - 40-115?
My results have me at 75pg/mL right below that it states:

Prepubertal: <40
Adult Male: 40-115
Castrate: <40
HMG Treatment
Therapeutic: 400-800
Its a FERTILITY TEST
I had this happen before with Dr's and told them it was the wrong test suggest them do the (7.6-42) or 4021x

Estrogen Does not = estrodial. These include all estrogens even the good ones. It does not distinquish from bad and good estrogens.

corvettels3

Awards
Thanks again matrix.. I will get retested.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Lab corp testing on sensitive essay (3-70) is skewed majorily.
I had a reading of 20-25 thinking I was fine for over a year half, but still had estrogen like symptoms. I went to quest got 4021 and it was found to be twice as high which symptoms correlated !!

Lab corp essay of 7.6-42 may be the better choice.

I had one person who went to lab corp for 13 years on HRT and was getting 5,14 on the lab corp sensitive test and Dr's could not figure what was going on. I had his dr get the quest 4021x problems solved !! Once we got his estrogen stable a huge improvement in symptoms resulting in over all better blood profiles on blood sugar, lipids and inflammatory markers.

corvettels3

Awards
Just to clear this up.

Labcorp Sensitive - test number: 140244 range: 3 - 70
Labcorp Estradiol - test number: 004515 range: 7.6 - 42

Hope this helps

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
004515 range: 7.6 - 42

One you want,

shbg82

Awards
While we are on LabCorp ESTRADIOL that I can order from Private MD.....

Test 004515 Estradiol range 7.6 - 42.6 $42 with 15% discount
140244 Estradiol ultra sensitive range 3 - 70 $59 " " "
500108 Estradiol LC/MS range (I can't find) $76 " " "

?????? Does anyone have an opinion on the 500108 test ???????

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Lab corp testing on sensitive essay (3-70) is skewed majorily.
I had a reading of 20-25 thinking I was fine for over a year half, but still had estrogen like symptoms. I went to quest got 4021 and it was found to be twice as high which symptoms correlated !!

Lab corp essay of 7.6-42 may be the better choice.

I had one person who went to lab corp for 13 years on HRT and was getting 5,14 on the lab corp sensitive test and Dr's could not figure what was going on. I had his dr get the quest 4021x problems solved !! Once we got his estrogen stable a huge improvement in symptoms resulting in over all better blood profiles on blood sugar, lipids and inflammatory markers.
AND NOW ATM FINALLY CATCHES ON .....almost 5 months later

Lockout888

Awards
While we are on LabCorp ESTRADIOL that I can order from Private MD.....

Test 004515 Estradiol range 7.6 - 42.6 $42 with 15% discount
140244 Estradiol ultra sensitive range 3 - 70 $59 " " "
500108 Estradiol LC/MS range (I can't find) $76 " " "

?????? Does anyone have an opinion on the 500108 test ???????
Is the 500108 test more accurate?