Fixing Low Testosterone?

G13

Awards
Hi just to cut a long story short, I was diagnosed over a year ago with ulcerative colitis, since that time I've also been diagnosed with low testosterone (im guessing to all the prednisone cycles). Im 21 years old now and have had low test (6.2, normal range for my age is 25-30) for over a year and it's got me very depressed. I work out A LOT, and as my work comes from stripping + modeling I heavy rely on my physique to be in shape. Not to mention the shoddy sex drive and feeling lethargic 24/7...

Doctors a waste of time as it's been a year and still no further forward with endo, just mess me about, want to put me on hcg now... they gave me one shot of sust in december then forgot about me and then i got another endo and now they are away on holiday useless...

I have some clomid and was going to just run that maybe 50mg eod? to see if I can kick start it. Failing that I can get HCG but not really sure how to run it for my own case?

I was also going to start a course of anabolics. So whats my options?
Either? run clomid for a couple of months and see if natural test re-instates. Or jump on cycle for 8-12 weeks come off and kick start with clomid/nolva & hcg protocol.

Im on 6-mp (mercaptapurine) for the colitis and augmentin (been taking it for 8 months now just helps keep spots away). Anyone have any good ideas? Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi just to cut a long story short, I was diagnosed over a year ago with ulcerative colitis, since that time I've also been diagnosed with low testosterone (im guessing to all the prednisone cycles). Im 21 years old now and have had low test (6.2, normal range for my age is 25-30) for over a year and it's got me very depressed. I work out A LOT, and as my work comes from stripping + modeling I heavy rely on my physique to be in shape. Not to mention the shoddy sex drive and feeling lethargic 24/7...

Doctors a waste of time as it's been a year and still no further forward with endo, just mess me about, want to put me on hcg now... they gave me one shot of sust in december then forgot about me and then i got another endo and now they are away on holiday useless...

I have some clomid and was going to just run that maybe 50mg eod? to see if I can kick start it. Failing that I can get HCG but not really sure how to run it for my own case?

I was also going to start a course of anabolics. So whats my options?
Either? run clomid for a couple of months and see if natural test re-instates. Or jump on cycle for 8-12 weeks come off and kick start with clomid/nolva & hcg protocol.

Im on 6-mp (mercaptapurine) for the colitis and augmentin (been taking it for 8 months now just helps keep spots away). Anyone have any good ideas? Thanks.
First of all your have to indentify the cause of why testosteorne is low.
One needs to examine lifestyle, nutritoin, biological, neurological, immune, strucutral, enviromental , physical, emotional or psychological imbalances.

With patients with UC

1.First thing you have to do is establish integrity of the Gi mucosa
Drs are great at giving drugs which do have a purpose in majority cause, but in some cases they are just a bandaid effect because UC is more a symptoms of a cause.

2. Patient would go through detailed testing to identify any malabsorption and nutritional imbalances that may be present which are used for hormone production or signaling.

3. full evalaution of hormone and thyroid panel

4. Look for any imbalance in the GI tract dealing with dybosis
5. Examine all the data and come up with a proper protocol to best resolve potential symptoms.

i

G13

Awards
First of all your have to indentify the cause of why testosteorne is low.
One needs to examine lifestyle, nutritoin, biological, neurological, immune, strucutral, enviromental , physical, emotional or psychological imbalances.

With patients with UC

1.First thing you have to do is establish integrity of the Gi mucosa
Drs are great at giving drugs which do have a purpose in majority cause, but in some cases they are just a bandaid effect because UC is more a symptoms of a cause.

2. Patient would go through detailed testing to identify any malabsorption and nutritional imbalances that may be present which are used for hormone production or signaling.

3. full evalaution of hormone and thyroid panel

4. Look for any imbalance in the GI tract dealing with dybosis
5. Examine all the data and come up with a proper protocol to best resolve potential symptoms.

i
Hi, they assume testosterone is low due to the HUGE amount of cortico-steroids I have been on (prednisolone). It makes sense since after march last year it all started... They have told me the piturity gland is not damaged however it seems to be "asleep" so it's not releasing signals to secrete testosterone so I literally have NONE. My estrogen is obviously going up because im going awful watery/soft. They are messing me about to much and I am getting nowhere, as you can see it has been a year so may as well just do something myself about it... Cheers.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi, they assume testosterone is low due to the HUGE amount of cortico-steroids I have been on (prednisolone). It makes sense since after march last year it all started... They have told me the piturity gland is not damaged however it seems to be "asleep" so it's not releasing signals to secrete testosterone so I literally have NONE. My estrogen is obviously going up because im going awful watery/soft. They are messing me about to much and I am getting nowhere, as you can see it has been a year so may as well just do something myself about it... Cheers.
Self treating your self is going to be a huge mistake, When drs can not give you a definitive answer to as why and they "assume" then I would be highly concerned. Do they give you drugs because they assume you need them? Again find out reason why signaling is not being sent, once this is identify a clomid challenge 25 mgs a night for 7 days then retest on the 8th day would answer your question Please get with a qualified health professionals who knows interactions of hormones because in cases I have dealt with personally from excessive corticoid use where secondary hypogonadism due to other factors such as thyroid conversion issues that had a huge impact on patients T levels and hormone signaling.

G13

Awards
Self treating your self is going to be a huge mistake, When drs can not give you a definitive answer to as why and they "assume" then I would be highly concerned. Do they give you drugs because they assume you need them? Again find out reason why signaling is not being sent, once this is identify a clomid challenge 25 mgs a night for 7 days then retest on the 8th day would answer your question Please get with a qualified health professionals who knows interactions of hormones because in cases I have dealt with personally from excessive corticoid use where secondary hypogonadism due to other factors such as thyroid conversion issues that had a huge impact on patients T levels and hormone signaling.
To be honest they are useless, they gave me one shot of sust 250 at end of december then that endo disapeared to another hospital and I phoned about a month later to find out whats going on so they gave me another endo who said I shouldn't have been given that going on about fertility... Then he says he was going to give me HCG which I have no idea when im getting that...

I've got clomid on me at the moment dosed @50mg so can use it anytime really. Was also told by friend to stack it with d-aspartic acid to help elevate the t levels. Also to add to it It's SEVERELY important I maintain my best physique possible not due to bodybuilding being a passion but mainly for occupation wise... But I understand where you are coming from, sort the issue first.

What would happen though if I ran a cycle of aas then upon coming off used a pct protocol to kick start the natty test?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
To be honest they are useless, they gave me one shot of sust 250 at end of december then that endo disapeared to another hospital and I phoned about a month later to find out whats going on so they gave me another endo who said I shouldn't have been given that going on about fertility... Then he says he was going to give me HCG which I have no idea when im getting that...

I've got clomid on me at the moment dosed @50mg so can use it anytime really. Was also told by friend to stack it with d-aspartic acid to help elevate the t levels. Also to add to it It's SEVERELY important I maintain my best physique possible not due to bodybuilding being a passion but mainly for occupation wise... But I understand where you are coming from, sort the issue first.

What would happen though if I ran a cycle of aas then upon coming off used a pct protocol to kick start the natty test?
Your car has just broke down it won't go. So first thing you do is get out and kick the tires instead of trying to look at the most common things first.
Dr john and I had a long conversation on D-aspartic acid and he was strongly against it due to the build of of dangerous metabolic by products. When I hear "my freind told me, or a guy on line suggest, or a guy at the gym told me" then a huge red light goes on. First of all they do not have medical expereince, they have no clue of dangerous of biological or chemical end products of what they are taking. Well since you are probably a model, athlete, or have some kind of work that deals with body image then you need to take the most logical and swift pathway. My friend was calvin kliens personal massage for a few years, lived the life of Riley. Eventually it all ended because of the lifestyle he chose. Now 5 years later hes all washed up and has hormone issues. I told him several years ago to slow down, but he did listen, now he is a patient LOL. You need to weight out the short term gradification with long term satifcation. Quick and ease road ends up being the long and hard one.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your car has just broke down it won't go. So first thing you do is get out and kick the tires instead of trying to look at the most common things first.
Dr john and I had a long conversation on D-aspartic acid and he was strongly against it due to the build of of dangerous metabolic by products. When I hear "my freind told me, or a guy on line suggest, or a guy at the gym told me" then a huge red light goes on. First of all they do not have medical expereince, they have no clue of dangerous of biological or chemical end products of what they are taking. Well since you are probably a model, athlete, or have some kind of work that deals with body image then you need to take the most logical and swift pathway. My friend was calvin kliens personal massage for a few years, lived the life of Riley. Eventually it all ended because of the lifestyle he chose. Now 5 years later hes all washed up and has hormone issues. I told him several years ago to slow down, but he did listen, now he is a patient LOL. You need to weight out the short term gradification with long term satifcation. Quick and ease road ends up being the long and hard one.
Have you got more on this? It was being discussed in another thread and supposedly the dangers are being assumed because "known NMDA receptor agonist" was being confused with "excitotoxin". Supposedly nothing has been found on whether supplemental DAA is actually an excitotoxin so whether people want to take the risk with it is down to personal opinion until further data is available.

If there is another danger with proof behind it I would be very keen to see it.

Thank you.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Inflammation and cortisol are able to rob you of your testosterone. Subjectively, you only have to talk to a few people who suffer from UC or Crohns to see that low sex drive is very common.

Poor function of one hormone can have a huge cascade effect. Prednisolone is potentially horrible for side effects relating to adrenal function (cortisol), insulin, testosterone, estrogen and thyroid even if they are indirect consquences.

Healing the gut is a safe bet. You will know the state of your gut lining from your endoscopy. Past that you really are stabbing in the dark because taking something to raise testosterone if you have chronically high cortisol or 'pregnenolone steal' is going to be sub-optimal, if not futile.

Improving your testosterone with poor gut lining is very hard. Improving it with impaired thyroid function can be the same.

As Matrix has pointed out, testing is the way forward. Otherwise you really are taking a stab in the dark. It isn't something you want to dabble with for a long time when you can sort it ASAP.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
In a shut shell
due to its potential for converting into dangerous metabolites he is reserved about using it. If he was to start using it and people to get side effects from it then it would fall back on him. At this time he is hesitant jumping on the band wagon untill there is more research and long term studies that are done. You have to respect his cautious approach as I would too.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok, I wanted to know if his reasoning was based on the possibility of excitotoxicity or if he had read something more concrete, which is what a lot of people have been asking for.

I avoid it for the same reason. If you find anything more solid I would like to hear it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Having direct access to top people in the world has its perks :)

G13

Awards
Well thx for replies but getting sort of mixed signalling here... One one aspect the whole colitis issue has no doubt caused all this problem, and excessive corticoid steroid, this is clear. However the gut "isn't" going to get better, it's a chronic disease so it will either stay the same or flare up.

To put it simple, I am fully aware that using exgenous testosterone CAN be risky. However in this case im not just pushing this matter just for the simple fact of my passion for bodybuilding, it's more so for the fact of how CRAP my life is at the moment, the sex drive is non-apparent basically, I bloat up watery and im lethargic 24/7 always tired my lifes a living hell. As far as im concerned going on cycle for HOWEVER long it may take seems worthwhile, I want to feel great again, as all I am now is misery... I can accept the side effects... That shot of sust I was given even though only a ml, after a few days I felt better to some extent, and things started moving up, so im pretty confident.

So can you guys can see my point of view? alough im in no way doubting any of your expertise, it's sort of more of a moral dilema, either continue with low test feeling crap and hating life. Or TRY sort it? The answer from most would be just go ahead and try it, but im a very cautious person, hence why im asking questions so I can try PLAN something out that will carry less risks, rather then just banging anything in the system. Cheers.

G13

Awards
Inflammation and cortisol are able to rob you of your testosterone. Subjectively, you only have to talk to a few people who suffer from UC or Crohns to see that low sex drive is very common.

Poor function of one hormone can have a huge cascade effect. Prednisolone is potentially horrible for side effects relating to adrenal function (cortisol), insulin, testosterone, estrogen and thyroid even if they are indirect consquences.

Healing the gut is a safe bet. You will know the state of your gut lining from your endoscopy. Past that you really are stabbing in the dark because taking something to raise testosterone if you have chronically high cortisol or 'pregnenolone steal' is going to be sub-optimal, if not futile.

Improving your testosterone with poor gut lining is very hard. Improving it with impaired thyroid function can be the same.

As Matrix has pointed out, testing is the way forward. Otherwise you really are taking a stab in the dark. It isn't something you want to dabble with for a long time when you can sort it ASAP.
Explain to me the logic behind that it is not able to improve test with poor gut lining. Just interested and would like to know for my own knowledge.

My gut lining im not to sure? but general condition as in inflamation of gut is "fine" at the moment, just in a flare up it goes a bit of a mess as you can understand. It is colitis I have not chrones, so large bowel is affected.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Explain to me the logic behind that it is not able to improve test with poor gut lining. Just interested and would like to know for my own knowledge.

My gut lining im not to sure? but general condition as in inflamation of gut is "fine" at the moment, just in a flare up it goes a bit of a mess as you can understand. It is colitis I have not chrones, so large bowel is affected.
Inflammed gi tract increases chances of malabsorption of necesary nutrients to make hormones as well as affect their cellular response
we are what we absorp

G13

Awards
Inflammed gi tract increases chances of malabsorption of necesary nutrients to make hormones as well as affect their cellular response
we are what we absorp
Pretty interesting didn't know that cheers. You see my consultants inform me of nothing, they didn't even offer me dietry advice or anything so im kind of left to fend for myself at the moment. As for the endoencrologist consultants I give up on that, guess i'll take your advice and wait it out until they finally give me HCG which hopefully "should" solve the problem.

My GI tract isn't inflamed at the moment touch wood, and hopefully it doesn't. Im off the prednisone...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Pretty interesting didn't know that cheers. You see my consultants inform me of nothing, they didn't even offer me dietry advice or anything so im kind of left to fend for myself at the moment. As for the endoencrologist consultants I give up on that, guess i'll take your advice and wait it out until they finally give me HCG which hopefully "should" solve the problem.

My GI tract isn't inflamed at the moment touch wood, and hopefully it doesn't. Im off the prednisone...
It may not have to be inflammed but could have damage which GI drs and other drs will not properly examine because it will not be physically seen.
Its more of indirectly seen vs directly.

Being through GI issues myself drs told me I was fine nothing wrong, but when I ran test that identified nutrient levels as well as measuring the metabolites of chemical reaction it showed a different pics. When dealing with Dr's patients I focus heavily on the GUt, nutritoin, and lifestyle adjusments as they can have a major impact on ones ablity to cover 100%.
HRT in many instances is just a bandaid because he root cause was never dealt with properly. This is the advantages of dr's working with me is to look at the patient from out side the normal scope while staying in clincal guidelines.

G13

Awards
It may not have to be inflammed but could have damage which GI drs and other drs will not properly examine because it will not be physically seen.
Its more of indirectly seen vs directly.

Being through GI issues myself drs told me I was fine nothing wrong, but when I ran test that identified nutrient levels as well as measuring the metabolites of chemical reaction it showed a different pics. When dealing with Dr's patients I focus heavily on the GUt, nutritoin, and lifestyle adjusments as they can have a major impact on ones ablity to cover 100%.
HRT in many instances is just a bandaid because he root cause was never dealt with properly. This is the advantages of dr's working with me is to look at the patient from out side the normal scope while staying in clincal guidelines.
Well out of interest what do you recommend nutrition and lifestyle wise as general pointers to keep it 100%?

I know what your saying the whole bandaid, it's perfectly true because once coming off your going to be back to square one more or less. But really... what can you possibly recommend as a substitute? they want to give me HCG, I can imagine if this DOES elevate testosterone levels, going by what your saying that will more or less quickly shoot them down again?

So what is the answer? I can't go on like this..