T cream/gel recommendations

Bigpete757

Awards
I took 2 different types of t cream awhile back and it did not work for me long-term. I tried a cream mixed with an "hrt" base and a cream that was from womens international pharmacy. Both were 10%. From what I can remember the "hrt" cream boosted my sex drive/energy levels enormously for the first few days and then I started experiencing chest pains and felt much worse so I discontinued after a few weeks. The other cream did make me feel a little better in the beginning and then had some problems with it as before so I discontinued.

I recently tried Androgel for a few weeks and I have felt absolutley nothing. No boost in anything or improved health, but no bad side effects either. I was thinking of trying testim, but since androgel is not working that good, I am not sure another 1% gel with be that much better. I probably will opt for using a compounded t cream/gel. I need your advice on what I should try next?

I was thinking possibly a lipoderm gel at 10%. My doctor often uses t gel in the plo form, but she would ok with me using the lipoderm kind. I was also thinking maybe trying the "hrt" base cream again and just have them compound it at a lower percentage or take less of it. I am big guy with some extra fat, so this might factor into what works better or worse in my situation.

My current E levels are fairly high compared to my T. My estrogen level is around 43 and t level is 241. I also have low cortisol levels and are taking cortef.

There is something that has changed on my labs since I first tried the t cream/gel in the beginning, and that is my fsh level has went up. My lh and fsh were usually in the middle of the range, but now the fsh is at the very top of range and almost out of high range. I have also noticed weaker erections, shrinking testicles, etc. I am not sure if the increase in fsh and other symptoms means my testicles are not producing that much t anymore, but thought it my be important in terms of what medications might be better for me.

Could you please also mention where I might be a get some of these
formulas/prescriptions? My doc is very easy going and will have no problem calling in a script to any pharmacy in the US. Thank you for the help.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Testim has
Worked for me even better than test cyp. Injections. It is better absorbed than androgel and maintains levels more efficiently than injections. IMO

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Testim has
Worked for me even better than test cyp. Injections. It is better absorbed than androgel and maintains levels more efficiently than injections. IMO
Testim seems to work better. The secret is you have to make sure the area is clean and then rub it in really good and not half assed. People think you can slap it on then run out the door. These are the people that do not end up absorbing it properly. You can sweat, swim, or take a shower with in 2 hours after application vs 6 hours on androgel.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Androgel took at least 4 to 5 weeks before I noticed ANY effects from it. Generally, the higher the percent of compounded cream, the greater it will absorb. And since less skin is required to absorb higher percentages, the less it aromatizes.
ANY testosterone replacement you use will cause testicular shrinkage unless you add in HCG due to replacing your natural low production. It's purely cosmetic in my opinion.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Androgel took at least 4 to 5 weeks before I noticed ANY effects from it. Generally, the higher the percent of compounded cream, the greater it will absorb. And since less skin is required to absorb higher percentages, the less it aromatizes.
ANY testosterone replacement you use will cause testicular shrinkage unless you add in HCG due to replacing your natural low production. It's purely cosmetic in my opinion.
Good point and every person requirement for hcg is different. When on TRT on should push the level of T up with the cream/gel and just use hcg to replace the least amount of LH necessary to increase testicular volume and not rely on it for total T. People are getting on as little as 100 mcg hcg 2 times a week feeling great with out e2 fluctuations.