blood thinner

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
last time i gave blood mine was a bit thick, not so that i couldnt give blood but a bit. which is a better blood thinner low dose aspirin or tumeric? thanks

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Personally - I don't think one should self-medicate for the purposes of throttling blood viscosity.

Is it causing a problem?

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
When was the last time u had a CBC test, so u will know exactly how thick ur blood is ???

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
last time i gave blood mine was a bit thick, not so that i couldnt give blood but a bit. which is a better blood thinner low dose aspirin or tumeric? thanks
with patients with higher hemocrit there are a few things I can recommend
1. You where dehydrated - not enough water was consumed before blood test. I see this common in patients
2. polycethemia - TRT can thicken blood and may need to get blood letting
3. Sleep apnea - if your levels have been high in blast blood work then this may be worth exploring.
4. Low thyroid or adrenal imbalances can also cause alternation in CBC as well.
5. Hemochromatosis - please check complete iron panel to rule this out, ferrritin being included.
6.. Consult your dr about adding in aspirin 80 mgs or even adding fish oils, vitamin E will help to thin out the blood (400-800 ius mix tocepherols gamma being the main one)

If this is just a new occurance
1. Drink about 1-2 liters of water next retest in 3-4 weeks. If it is still high then refer to options 2,3 ,4,5

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Drink a liter of water and retest to verify
some times people with adrenal issues may have issues with dehydration
due to low aldosterone levels

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
im keeping a close eye on it. i gave blood last week and will give again in 7 weeks. next time i will drink more water b4. thanks

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established

What would b his preferred aldosterone level ????

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
My aldosterone level, I beleive was 7.0, I dont have the paperwork in front of me, but I think that was the reading. My TT was 758 and Free T was 208, E2 was 39, DHT was 54 my estrodiol was 43, my HGT was 17:(, not trying to hijack ambulldogs thread here, but we are having similiar readings.... Matrix ot anyone else what do u think of my readings and do u think I should add in some Erase to bring down the E2 level a bit, I have a little nipple sensitivity every now and then and they tend to be hard and pointy sometimes.....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Bumpidy Bump
Where is your shbg that gives a better indication of where e2 needs to remain. E2 can also affect blood viscosity as well.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Where is your shbg that gives a better indication of where e2 needs to remain. E2 can also affect blood viscosity as well.
I just got these numbers from Dr. over the phone and have not seen in person yet and I,m not sure shbg was even ckd. Will find out, thanks for ur input...