TRT and blood pressure

kitteld3291

Awards
I was recently placed on Test. Cyp. to treat for low T levels. I got my first 100mg shot then went back to the doctor two weeks later for my next shot and my blood pressure was 152/90. I have always been around 118/65ish. This morning I checked it again on my own and it was 155/87. Needless to say the doctor is worried about this and wants me to come back in two weeks to check it again.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is there a chance my blood pressure will normalize once my body gets used to the Test?

Im 39, 210 lbs, 14.5% body fat. My diet is eggs, chicken, tuna and lean beef for proteins, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, eziekel bread and steel cut oats for carbs. I supp with fish oil, CLA, multi vit., creatine, beta alanine, glutamine, red yeast rice, red wine extract, BCAA.

The doc just bumped me up to 100mg weekly shots and let me start giving them to myself at home but Im worried he might cut me off if I can't get my blood pressure down.

3djedi

Awards
I can't imagine 100mg test bumping your pressure up that much. A few points maybe. Are you retaining water?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Talk to him about ARBs, or research them online.

100mg of test should not be shooting your BP up that much though.. What else are you taking? Thyroid, adrenal, any other supplements?

Also, he is giving you 100mg every 2 weeks? This is damn low, it should be 100mg every week MINIMUM to stay within normal levels and to keep levels even you should be shooting at least once per week or even twice.... But I see he just switched you to weekly shots. This could start to help.. See if he will do 50mg twice per week and let you do the shots yourself.. And check your E2 levels. You may need an AI and be holding water.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Talk to him about ARBs, or research them online.

100mg of test should not be shooting your BP up that much though.. What else are you taking? Thyroid, adrenal, any other supplements?

Also, he is giving you 100mg every 2 weeks? This is damn low, it should be 100mg every week MINIMUM to stay within normal levels and to keep levels even you should be shooting at least once per week or even twice.... But I see he just switched you to weekly shots. This could start to help.. See if he will do 50mg twice per week and let you do the shots yourself.. And check your E2 levels. You may need an AI and be holding water.
Question is how old are you?
Why are you on TRT in the first place
Have dr's look at other hormones and thyroid before jumping to TRT?
Dr's are just some time pure lazy and have no clue on how to properly administer TRT and put people on that do not need to be on in the first place.

One needs to examine the hidden stressors which can range from nutritional to heavy metals then identify are you primary or secondary before implementing TRT. Simple increasing vitamin D levels may all one needs to accomplish what drugs can do..I have seen this happen several times in patients. If you need a good Dr then be glad to refer you one that is one of the top in the country as well as takes insurance

kitteld3291

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. I've been monitoring my BP every day since and excecpt for the first two days being in the 150's, I've been between 125-135 over 75-85. Still not great but not so alarming. I cut out all but my morning coffee and that seems to have helped. I was drinking coffee until 2pm then loading up on Jacked and green tea before the gym. (No I was not checking my BP right after loading up on Jacked and working out. I check it in the morning upon waking and before bed)

MyT shots have gone from 100mg every other week to 100mg each week without any further BP issues. This would seem to indicate this was not the primary cause.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys. I've been monitoring my BP every day since and excecpt for the first two days being in the 150's, I've been between 125-135 over 75-85. Still not great but not so alarming. I cut out all but my morning coffee and that seems to have helped. I was drinking coffee until 2pm then loading up on Jacked and green tea before the gym. (No I was not checking my BP right after loading up on Jacked and working out. I check it in the morning upon waking and before bed)

MyT shots have gone from 100mg every other week to 100mg each week without any further BP issues. This would seem to indicate this was not the primary cause.
Look at your sodium/K ratio in your diet.