Stupid Question

spiderman7

Awards
Would the dose be higher using IM for trt versus subQ? I have the option with my Doc just wanted to know whats best and cheaper.

Thanks

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
The dose would be about the same I don't like subQ T shots I don't like subQ shots for anything.

You can do what Dr. Shippen does to his self he shoots subQ doing his shots of T every 3 days he shoots 70 mgs broken into 2 shots each time one 35mgs shot subQ on one side of his waist then the other 35 mgs on the other side doing this he feels you keep Estradiol levels down and stay more leveled.

I asked my Dr. about doing this and he said OK but not subQ so I use a 27g 1ml x 1/2" lg. needle and shoot 80 mgs into my thigh every 3 days and I do HCG 400 IU's the 2 days each in between my T shots. I am now on HGH and have to shoot this subQ everyday it hurts more then shooting the T and HCG into my thigh.

Dr. Shippen did the book "The Testosterone Syndrome"
Would the dose be higher using IM for trt versus subQ? I have the option with my Doc just wanted to know whats best and cheaper.

Thanks

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Phil, lately I've been using a tiny 31g 1/4" needle and shooting T into my shoulder. It goes into the muscle but not deep (it doesn't need to), and no pain. With the 27g 1/2", I used to shoot the outside part of thigh, but sometimes you can get a raised lump with bruise like I discovered recently. I still kept the 27g needles, as they are ok for shooting the glutes. No need to waste hardware. :)

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I know a few men that do there T shots in there shoulder like your doing it's fine as long as you get good levels. Dr. Shippen does his shots subQ 70 mgs total doing 35 mgs on each side of his belly every 3 days. I don't like subQ shots it stings a lot and leaves a lup under the skin. I have been shooting into my thigh for over 5 yrs now.
Phil, lately I've been using a tiny 31g 1/4" needle and shooting T into my shoulder. It goes into the muscle but not deep (it doesn't need to), and no pain. With the 27g 1/2", I used to shoot the outside part of thigh, but sometimes you can get a raised lump with bruise like I discovered recently. I still kept the 27g needles, as they are ok for shooting the glutes. No need to waste hardware. :)