Recent Blood Work - Issues - AnabolicMinds.com

Recent Blood Work - Issues

  1. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    Recent Blood Work - Issues


    These CBC numbers are just two weeks after donating a pint of blood! I may need to go to the hospital to give some more, as I cannot donate again to Red Cross for several weeks.

    RDW 15.3 High (11.7-15)
    RBC 5.25 (4.1-5.6)
    Hemoglobin 16.3 (12.5-17)
    Hematocrit 48.3 (36-50)
    MCV 92 (80-98)

    What's the deal with my chloride? Ever since it first tested at 96, I've been supplementing with betaine hcl, and added more salt, and it hasn't changed!

    Chloride 96 Low (97-108)
    Sodium 139 (135-145)
    Potassium 3.9 (3.5-5.2)

    TSH 4.25 Too High (.450-4.5)
    T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12) A little low
    T3 Uptake 32 (24-39)
    FTI 2.0 (1.2-4.9)
    IGF-1 236 (94-252)

    Thyroid is going downhill.

    Testosterone 814 (241-827) This would be ok if E wasn't so high.
    PSA .5

    Estradiol 60 High Ouch! (0-53)

    Ok, I've been taking only around 75mg testosterone per week: 25x3. So there are no hugh T shots for it to aromatize so much. What gives? Also, I've been taking 400mg 98% resveratrol to control estradiol. That really worked, ha!

    Will formestane be a safe way to get E down, or do I need Aridx?

    With the numbers above, my libido is up a little, but energy is not so hot. Also, can't lose fat around waist and breast area.

    Please help with some advice!

    Thanks! :-)

    Phil

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Philec48 View Post
    These CBC numbers are just two weeks after donating a pint of blood! I may need to go to the hospital to give some more, as I cannot donate again to Red Cross for several weeks.

    RDW 15.3 High (11.7-15)
    RBC 5.25 (4.1-5.6)
    Hemoglobin 16.3 (12.5-17)
    Hematocrit 48.3 (36-50)
    MCV 92 (80-98)

    What's the deal with my chloride? Ever since it first tested at 96, I've been supplementing with betaine hcl, and added more salt, and it hasn't changed!

    Chloride 96 Low (97-108)
    Sodium 139 (135-145)
    Potassium 3.9 (3.5-5.2)

    TSH 4.25 Too High (.450-4.5)
    T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12) A little low
    T3 Uptake 32 (24-39)
    FTI 2.0 (1.2-4.9)
    IGF-1 236 (94-252)

    Thyroid is going downhill.

    Testosterone 814 (241-827) This would be ok if E wasn't so high.
    PSA .5

    Estradiol 60 High Ouch! (0-53)

    Ok, I've been taking only around 75mg testosterone per week: 25x3. So there are no hugh T shots for it to aromatize so much. What gives? Also, I've been taking 400mg 98% resveratrol to control estradiol. That really worked, ha!

    Will formestane be a safe way to get E down, or do I need Aridx?

    With the numbers above, my libido is up a little, but energy is not so hot. Also, can't lose fat around waist and breast area.

    Please help with some advice!

    Thanks! :-)

    Phil
    Chloride:
    Decreased levels are typical of diarrhea, infections, diabetes, and reduced adrenal function.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    You have incomplete blood test and it is hard to figure you out.
    Getting tt=814 from 25mg test three times a week
    does not make sense unless you also doing HCG and your testicles are responding well.

    So either describe better your situation or this is going to be it.

    TSH= 4.25
    is a bad news

    why giving blood?
    being good citizen or hemachromatosis?
    ------------------------

    Either do my complete test on post #44
    or get all this done and the come back

    5 --------- iodine
    6 --------- iodide
    7 --------- selenium
    8 --------- copper, serum
    9 --------- zinc
    10 --------- magnesium
    16 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
    17 --------- Iron, Total
    18 --------- Ferritin
    19 --------- Transferrin
    20 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
    25 --------- T3, Total
    26 --------- T4, Total
    27 --------- T3, Free
    28 --------- T4,Free
    29 --------- T3, Reverse
    30 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
    31 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
    35 --------- DHEA Sulfate
    36 --------- Aldosterone
    37 --------- ACTH, Plasma
    38 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
    39 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
    44 --------- Estradiol, sensitive
    46 --------- Total Testosterone
    47 --------- SHBG
    48 --------- Albumin
    49 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
  3. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Lowering the estrogen with proper estrogen therapy may also help resolve the thyroid issues. One may check TBG to see if it is elevated. Lowering the e2 then measure the response to other hormones. Your adrenals may taking a beating as well too. No need to do unneccessary mineral testing.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    Janz, I gotta give blood because TRT makes my usually upper range hematocrit go way too high. That means my blood becomes like sludge and could risk stroke. The testing I got was from the online private lab - the male anti-aging package for $149.00. I know there are some other tests I should probably get too, but this was a starting point.

    My GP didn't want to check my thyroid again last June because he didn't think TSH changed too quickly. Well, mine went from 2.67 to 4.25 in less than 2 months.

    My type II diabetes is well controlled with 5.7 A1C (with no meds), and no chronic diarrhea and no vomiting, so low chloride is puzzling.

    I do suspect adrenals, and take 2.4gram Siberian ginseng and 30mg pregnenolone each day. I may get a glandular product to see if that will help.

    Matrix, I'll try to get TBG tested.

    Thanks,

    Phil
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Philec48 View Post
    Janz, I gotta give blood because TRT makes my usually upper range hematocrit go way too high. That means my blood becomes like sludge and could risk stroke. The testing I got was from the online private lab - the male anti-aging package for $149.00. I know there are some other tests I should probably get too, but this was a starting point.

    My GP didn't want to check my thyroid again last June because he didn't think TSH changed too quickly. Well, mine went from 2.67 to 4.25 in less than 2 months.

    My type II diabetes is well controlled with 5.7 A1C (with no meds), and no chronic diarrhea and no vomiting, so low chloride is puzzling.

    I do suspect adrenals, and take 2.4gram Siberian ginseng and 30mg pregnenolone each day. I may get a glandular product to see if that will help.

    Matrix, I'll try to get TBG tested.

    Thanks,

    Phil
    I cannot make any suggestions without good set of tests, preferably done from same blood draw.
    Your thyroid asks for help.
    Your adrenals most likely have problems.
    Low chloride will make it that much harder to take care of adrenals.
    Sodium and potassium are inching lower, another adrenal problem.
    Now diabetes.

    You need real doctor and you need good doctor.
    Good set of tests would put a doctor on alert, poking around with singular tests is not getting you anywhere.
    --------------------------------------------------

    From what you already said, I suggest:
    do not waste money on glandulars and ginseng.

    You may want to:
    drop high GI foods.
    Eat your food raw or steam it only, no other heat applied to food.
    Eat only food that you see as complete natural
    Buy only unprocessed natural food, the way it grew in nature.
    You have to see (unprocessed) chicken leg or chunk of beef or bunch of broccoli.
    Do not eat anything processed, no cereals, no chicken nuggets etc.

    .
  6. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I cannot make any suggestions without good set of tests, preferably done from same blood draw.
    Your thyroid asks for help.
    Your adrenals most likely have problems.
    Low chloride will make it that much harder to take care of adrenals.
    Sodium and potassium are inching lower, another adrenal problem.
    Now diabetes.

    You need real doctor and you need good doctor.
    Good set of tests would put a doctor on alert, poking around with singular tests is not getting you anywhere.
    --------------------------------------------------

    From what you already said, I suggest:
    do not waste money on glandulars and ginseng.

    You may want to:
    drop high GI foods.
    Eat your food raw or steam it only, no other heat applied to food.
    Eat only food that you see as complete natural
    Buy only unprocessed natural food, the way it grew in nature.
    You have to see (unprocessed) chicken leg or chunk of beef or bunch of broccoli.
    Do not eat anything processed, no cereals, no chicken nuggets etc.
    .
    I definitely follow your advice for avoiding high GI foods. Since being diagnosed with type II diabetes my A1C has always been good for a diabetic. I put the brakes on bread, rice, ice cream, potatoes, etc...

    I just ordered 2oz liquid potassium iodide today to help support thyroid. I'll take 150mcg 3x day for about 8 weeks and retest.

    Already ordered the adrenal glandular. Will try it for a month to see if makes any difference.

    My potassium usually runs 4.2-4.4, so the 3.9 number worries me a little even though it is still in range. I'll fix that with some high potassium fruit in moderation - gotta watch the sugar content though.

    I eat mostly unprocessed food, my wife does a lot of boiling and steaming, rarely frying (stir fry in wok with olive or soybean oil sometimes). She's from SE Asia and is a great cook! :-)

    If new measures don't work, I may need to see a doc to get some armor thyroid.

    I welcome anymore comments, and will post an update later with how I feel when taking the new supplements, and any new blood test results.
  7. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    Just got tested for Total T3: 93 (85-205). When added to the results below seems to confirm hypothyroid.

    TSH 4.25 (.450-4.5)
    T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12)

    However, both TPO and Thyroglobulin anti-bodies are negative. I thought that with hypothyroidism, usually there would be one or the other, but both negative is puzzling.
    If there is no autoimmune issue with my thyroid, could low iodine level be the cause? I know I'm not getting too much iodine in my diet. I'm not taking any vitamin or mineral supplement with it, and only occasionally take a little iodized salt. I plan to start supplementing with liquid potassium iodide 150mcg twice per day to see if that makes a difference.

    Comments and suggestions welcome.

    Thanks,

    Phil
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Philec48 View Post
    Just got tested for Total T3: 93 (85-205). When added to the results below seems to confirm hypothyroid.

    TSH 4.25 (.450-4.5)
    T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12)

    However, both TPO and Thyroglobulin anti-bodies are negative. I thought that with hypothyroidism, usually there would be one or the other, but both negative is puzzling.
    If there is no autoimmune issue with my thyroid, could low iodine level be the cause? I know I'm not getting too much iodine in my diet. I'm not taking any vitamin or mineral supplement with it, and only occasionally take a little iodized salt. I plan to start supplementing with liquid potassium iodide 150mcg twice per day to see if that makes a difference.

    Comments and suggestions welcome.

    Thanks,

    Phil
    Did not take a brainac to figure out your hypothyroid.
    Now the question is "Is your thyroid due to adrenal insufficency?"
    Treating adrenals may reduce the TSH
    If you need help you know where to find me.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Total T3: 93 (85-205)

    (205-85)*(2/3)+85=165

    Your TT3 should be 165 or higher
    most likely you have high RT3

    Look for stress in your body.
    Look for inflamation indicators.
    Make an effort to get them down

    -------------------------------
    I do not know how to deal with potassium iodide.
    For myself I use Lugol's solution.
    Dropperfull once a week.
    You may want to do couple months on 3x/week.

    You wife being Asian can put Bitter Melon into wegetables, helps glucose.
    Or bitter melon tea.
    Adrenal glandular, questionable.

    Make sure
    selenium
    zinc, magnesium
    B12
    C, D, E
    iron
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Recent Blood Work. Hematocrit elevated?
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 09:38 AM
  2. Blood work question / Estrogen issues?
    By motown in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 07:28 AM
  3. HAVING BLOOD PRESSURE ISSUES WITH H DROL HELP PLEASE
    By dre alvarez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
  4. Are there any issues with recent Epi batches?
    By sciencegeek in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
  5. blood sugar issues
    By Man Beast in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in