Recent Blood Work - Issues

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
These CBC numbers are just two weeks after donating a pint of blood! I may need to go to the hospital to give some more, as I cannot donate again to Red Cross for several weeks.

RDW 15.3 High (11.7-15)
RBC 5.25 (4.1-5.6)
Hemoglobin 16.3 (12.5-17)
Hematocrit 48.3 (36-50)
MCV 92 (80-98)

What's the deal with my chloride? Ever since it first tested at 96, I've been supplementing with betaine hcl, and added more salt, and it hasn't changed!

Chloride 96 Low (97-108)
Sodium 139 (135-145)
Potassium 3.9 (3.5-5.2)

TSH 4.25 Too High (.450-4.5)
T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12) A little low
T3 Uptake 32 (24-39)
FTI 2.0 (1.2-4.9)
IGF-1 236 (94-252)

Thyroid is going downhill.

Testosterone 814 (241-827) This would be ok if E wasn't so high.
PSA .5

Estradiol 60 High Ouch! (0-53)

Ok, I've been taking only around 75mg testosterone per week: 25x3. So there are no hugh T shots for it to aromatize so much. What gives? Also, I've been taking 400mg 98% resveratrol to control estradiol. That really worked, ha!

Will formestane be a safe way to get E down, or do I need Aridx?

With the numbers above, my libido is up a little, but energy is not so hot. Also, can't lose fat around waist and breast area.

Please help with some advice!

Thanks! :)

Phil

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
These CBC numbers are just two weeks after donating a pint of blood! I may need to go to the hospital to give some more, as I cannot donate again to Red Cross for several weeks.

RDW 15.3 High (11.7-15)
RBC 5.25 (4.1-5.6)
Hemoglobin 16.3 (12.5-17)
Hematocrit 48.3 (36-50)
MCV 92 (80-98)

What's the deal with my chloride? Ever since it first tested at 96, I've been supplementing with betaine hcl, and added more salt, and it hasn't changed!

Chloride 96 Low (97-108)
Sodium 139 (135-145)
Potassium 3.9 (3.5-5.2)

TSH 4.25 Too High (.450-4.5)
T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12) A little low
T3 Uptake 32 (24-39)
FTI 2.0 (1.2-4.9)
IGF-1 236 (94-252)

Thyroid is going downhill.

Testosterone 814 (241-827) This would be ok if E wasn't so high.
PSA .5

Estradiol 60 High Ouch! (0-53)

Ok, I've been taking only around 75mg testosterone per week: 25x3. So there are no hugh T shots for it to aromatize so much. What gives? Also, I've been taking 400mg 98% resveratrol to control estradiol. That really worked, ha!

Will formestane be a safe way to get E down, or do I need Aridx?

With the numbers above, my libido is up a little, but energy is not so hot. Also, can't lose fat around waist and breast area.

Please help with some advice!

Thanks! :)

Phil
Chloride:
Decreased levels are typical of diarrhea, infections, diabetes, and reduced adrenal function.
-------------------------------------------------------
You have incomplete blood test and it is hard to figure you out.
Getting tt=814 from 25mg test three times a week
does not make sense unless you also doing HCG and your testicles are responding well.

So either describe better your situation or this is going to be it.

TSH= 4.25
is a bad news

why giving blood?
being good citizen or hemachromatosis?
------------------------

Either do my complete test on post #44
or get all this done and the come back

5 --------- iodine
6 --------- iodide
7 --------- selenium
8 --------- copper, serum
9 --------- zinc
10 --------- magnesium
16 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
17 --------- Iron, Total
18 --------- Ferritin
19 --------- Transferrin
20 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
25 --------- T3, Total
26 --------- T4, Total
27 --------- T3, Free
28 --------- T4,Free
29 --------- T3, Reverse
30 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
31 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
35 --------- DHEA Sulfate
36 --------- Aldosterone
37 --------- ACTH, Plasma
38 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
39 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
44 --------- Estradiol, sensitive
46 --------- Total Testosterone
47 --------- SHBG
48 --------- Albumin
49 --------- Dihydrotestosterone

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Lowering the estrogen with proper estrogen therapy may also help resolve the thyroid issues. One may check TBG to see if it is elevated. Lowering the e2 then measure the response to other hormones. Your adrenals may taking a beating as well too. No need to do unneccessary mineral testing.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Janz, I gotta give blood because TRT makes my usually upper range hematocrit go way too high. That means my blood becomes like sludge and could risk stroke. The testing I got was from the online private lab - the male anti-aging package for $149.00. I know there are some other tests I should probably get too, but this was a starting point.

My GP didn't want to check my thyroid again last June because he didn't think TSH changed too quickly. Well, mine went from 2.67 to 4.25 in less than 2 months.

My type II diabetes is well controlled with 5.7 A1C (with no meds), and no chronic diarrhea and no vomiting, so low chloride is puzzling.

I do suspect adrenals, and take 2.4gram Siberian ginseng and 30mg pregnenolone each day. I may get a glandular product to see if that will help.

Matrix, I'll try to get TBG tested.

Thanks,

Phil

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Janz, I gotta give blood because TRT makes my usually upper range hematocrit go way too high. That means my blood becomes like sludge and could risk stroke. The testing I got was from the online private lab - the male anti-aging package for $149.00. I know there are some other tests I should probably get too, but this was a starting point.

My GP didn't want to check my thyroid again last June because he didn't think TSH changed too quickly. Well, mine went from 2.67 to 4.25 in less than 2 months.

My type II diabetes is well controlled with 5.7 A1C (with no meds), and no chronic diarrhea and no vomiting, so low chloride is puzzling.

I do suspect adrenals, and take 2.4gram Siberian ginseng and 30mg pregnenolone each day. I may get a glandular product to see if that will help.

Matrix, I'll try to get TBG tested.

Thanks,

Phil
I cannot make any suggestions without good set of tests, preferably done from same blood draw.
Your thyroid asks for help.
Your adrenals most likely have problems.
Low chloride will make it that much harder to take care of adrenals.
Sodium and potassium are inching lower, another adrenal problem.
Now diabetes.

You need real doctor and you need good doctor.
Good set of tests would put a doctor on alert, poking around with singular tests is not getting you anywhere.
--------------------------------------------------

From what you already said, I suggest:
do not waste money on glandulars and ginseng.

You may want to:
drop high GI foods.
Eat your food raw or steam it only, no other heat applied to food.
Eat only food that you see as complete natural
Buy only unprocessed natural food, the way it grew in nature.
You have to see (unprocessed) chicken leg or chunk of beef or bunch of broccoli.
Do not eat anything processed, no cereals, no chicken nuggets etc.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
I cannot make any suggestions without good set of tests, preferably done from same blood draw.
Your thyroid asks for help.
Your adrenals most likely have problems.
Low chloride will make it that much harder to take care of adrenals.
Sodium and potassium are inching lower, another adrenal problem.
Now diabetes.

You need real doctor and you need good doctor.
Good set of tests would put a doctor on alert, poking around with singular tests is not getting you anywhere.
--------------------------------------------------

From what you already said, I suggest:
do not waste money on glandulars and ginseng.

You may want to:
drop high GI foods.
Eat your food raw or steam it only, no other heat applied to food.
Eat only food that you see as complete natural
Buy only unprocessed natural food, the way it grew in nature.
You have to see (unprocessed) chicken leg or chunk of beef or bunch of broccoli.
Do not eat anything processed, no cereals, no chicken nuggets etc.
I definitely follow your advice for avoiding high GI foods. Since being diagnosed with type II diabetes my A1C has always been good for a diabetic. I put the brakes on bread, rice, ice cream, potatoes, etc...

I just ordered 2oz liquid potassium iodide today to help support thyroid. I'll take 150mcg 3x day for about 8 weeks and retest.

Already ordered the adrenal glandular. Will try it for a month to see if makes any difference.

My potassium usually runs 4.2-4.4, so the 3.9 number worries me a little even though it is still in range. I'll fix that with some high potassium fruit in moderation - gotta watch the sugar content though.

I eat mostly unprocessed food, my wife does a lot of boiling and steaming, rarely frying (stir fry in wok with olive or soybean oil sometimes). She's from SE Asia and is a great cook! :)

If new measures don't work, I may need to see a doc to get some armor thyroid.

I welcome anymore comments, and will post an update later with how I feel when taking the new supplements, and any new blood test results.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Just got tested for Total T3: 93 (85-205). When added to the results below seems to confirm hypothyroid.

TSH 4.25 (.450-4.5)
T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12)

However, both TPO and Thyroglobulin anti-bodies are negative. I thought that with hypothyroidism, usually there would be one or the other, but both negative is puzzling.
If there is no autoimmune issue with my thyroid, could low iodine level be the cause? I know I'm not getting too much iodine in my diet. I'm not taking any vitamin or mineral supplement with it, and only occasionally take a little iodized salt. I plan to start supplementing with liquid potassium iodide 150mcg twice per day to see if that makes a difference.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Phil

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just got tested for Total T3: 93 (85-205). When added to the results below seems to confirm hypothyroid.

TSH 4.25 (.450-4.5)
T4 Total 6.3 (4.5-12)

However, both TPO and Thyroglobulin anti-bodies are negative. I thought that with hypothyroidism, usually there would be one or the other, but both negative is puzzling.
If there is no autoimmune issue with my thyroid, could low iodine level be the cause? I know I'm not getting too much iodine in my diet. I'm not taking any vitamin or mineral supplement with it, and only occasionally take a little iodized salt. I plan to start supplementing with liquid potassium iodide 150mcg twice per day to see if that makes a difference.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Phil
Did not take a brainac to figure out your hypothyroid.
Now the question is "Is your thyroid due to adrenal insufficency?"
Treating adrenals may reduce the TSH
If you need help you know where to find me.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Total T3: 93 (85-205)

(205-85)*(2/3)+85=165

Your TT3 should be 165 or higher
most likely you have high RT3

Look for stress in your body.
Look for inflamation indicators.
Make an effort to get them down

-------------------------------
I do not know how to deal with potassium iodide.
For myself I use Lugol's solution.
Dropperfull once a week.
You may want to do couple months on 3x/week.

You wife being Asian can put Bitter Melon into wegetables, helps glucose.
Or bitter melon tea.
Adrenal glandular, questionable.

Make sure
selenium
zinc, magnesium
B12
C, D, E
iron