Adrenal Crisis

health4life24

Awards
Recently had a Rhein's 24 hour hormonal urinalysis done and need some help interpreting the results. I saved it as a pdf file, couldn't get it to copy in the text box here...sorry!

I feel that I'm in a severe adrenal burnout or crisis and I think this is clearly shown from the results from the test. I'm having some debilitating symptoms and I really need to get this figured out before it gets really bad. Some of my symptoms are:

-Brain Fog
-Ringing in Ears
-Light Sensitivity
-Feeling hot in face
-Heart Palpitations at times
-Confusion
-Impaired mental processes
-Feeling really wired
-Things look 'cartoonish' when symptoms are bad
Tingling in hands and feet at times (usually at night)
-Feeling faint and sluggish
-Pressure in head
-Headaches and allergies when symptoms are bad
-Salt and Sugar Cravings at times
-Low libido
-Exercise Intolerance

I feel my adrenals are in overdrive pumping out an excess amount of hormones. My DHEA is double the range along with about 7 other hormones on the panel. Something is very very wrong here. My body is in some kind of extreme flight or fight response. It could be anything from adrenal burnout to some kind of bacteria, virus, or autoimmune disease. I really feel like I'm in big trouble here. I have not been able to work the last month because these symptoms are so severe and it feels like it's progressing quickly. Any insights would be appreciated.

I went to my regular MD today and he wasn't sure what to do. He said he was going to refer me to an endocrinologist. I have already been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I've been taking a half grain of Armour the last week. It has helped with energy a little, but not with the above symptoms.

I started taking HC recently, I felt normal for a few days and then it stopped working. I'm currently taking various over the counter adrenal supplements to help with the symptoms along with vitamins to nourish the adrenals. I'm also taking pregelenone which also has helped somewhat. The HC with all the supplements make me feel about 60-70% better, but only for a few hours and the symptoms start to get really bad again. This is all so frustrating.

Attachments

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't look just like adrenal problems. To me personally it looks like hyperpituitarism caused by a pituitary adenoma. You need to do MRI of your pituitary ASAP.

Symptoms caused by hormone excess and associated mass effects include:

Headache
Visual field loss or Double vision
Excessive sweating
Hoarseness
Milk secretion from breast
Sleep apnea
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Joint pain and limitation of motion
Muscle weakness
Numbness or tingling of skin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperpituitarism

You could just ask your GP to do a MRI on your pituitary RIGHT NOW! then when the results are done he can send you to a endo right away. Theirs no time to be ****ing around. You gotta be persistant and dont take no for an answer.

Your cortisol is normal thats a good thing.

Other things that could explain other symptoms include: Autoimmune diseases, possible heavy metal overload (mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic)

What is your occupation?

health4life24

Awards
Worked in a restaurant the last few years and some very crazy hours to say the least. The above sounds very scary. I don't have insurance, so I'm going to have to figure something out right away. I looked up treatments for hyperpituitarism. It says that cabergoline could help, which I happen to have some on me. In the short term, could anyone give any other advice?

Some of the hormones that are really high on my results appear to have to do something with bolstering the body's immune defense. I can literally feel something surging in my body as the day advances. It's so bad that it's hard to go to bed and I'm experiencing bad insomnia. I started taking theanine, gaba, valerian root, and melatonin to try to minimize the extremely wired feeling that I'm experiencing. This has helped somewhat.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I have been a bartender for the last four years. Worked some very crazy hours to say the least. The above sounds very scary. I don't have insurance, so I'm going to have to figure something out right away. I looked up treatments for hyperpituitarism. It says that cabergoline could help, which I happen to have some on me. In the short term, could anyone give any other advice?

Some of the hormones that are really high on my results appear to have to do something with bolstering the body's immune defense. I can literally feel something surging in my body as the day advances. It's so bad that it's hard to go to bed and I'm experiencing bad insomnia. I started taking theanine, gaba, valerian root, and melatonin to try to minimize the extremely wired feeling that I'm experiencing. This has helped somewhat.

Im not saying its 100% hyperpitutiarism but its surely a possibility.

I wouldnt use caber or anything until i get a diagnosis. I know you just want to feel normal right away, i do too dude i have some pretty ****ed up problems but you have to take it step by step and day by day.

Genovadiagnostics.com

This is also a helpful website for testing, probably the worlds best. But i think with your symptoms it might be something more serious so get that checked out first. And make sure your GP is really into helping you if he isnt **** him and find a new one. Thats what i did. If hes just casually listening to you and your describing to him some messed up symptoms scratch him.

First thing would be a pituitary MRI IMO.

" Visual field loss or Double vision " - thats definitly a red flag for a pituitary adenoma

" Milk secretion from the breast " - Thats 100% that your prolactin is high as hell, looks to me like a prolactin secreting adeoma. And yes cabergoline would be the treatment for that 0.5mg twice a week. But i would still get it diagnosed first before using caber.

What is your ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) level if you know it at the moment?

health4life24

Awards
I don't know my ACTH level. I'm getting more testing done next week. I do have some visual disturbances such as minor floaters in my visual path. I have had prolactin tested before, always right at top of range.

It's weird, even though my pregnenolone is about double the range on the Rheins, my body responds to it the most in alleviating these symptoms. For some reason, I need much more which doesn't make sense. I've been taking aprox. 150 mg preg. the last three days and starting to feel a little better. I have also experimented with sublingual natural progesterone that I got from a nurse practitioner that also is into alternative holistic medicine. Even though my progesterone is double the top of the range on previous test, this also seems to alleviate some of my symptoms. These both have really helped take the brain fog and intense wired feeling away.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I don't know my ACTH level. I'm getting more testing done next week. I do have some visual disturbances such as minor floaters in my visual path. I have had prolactin tested before, always right at top of range.

It's weird, even though my pregnenolone is about double the range on the Rheins, my body responds to it the most in alleviating these symptoms. For some reason, I need much more which doesn't make sense. I've been taking aprox. 150 mg preg. the last three days and starting to feel a little better. I have also experimented with sublingual natural progesterone that I got from a nurse practitioner that also is into alternative holistic medicine. Even though my progesterone is double the top of the range on previous test, this also seems to alleviate some of my symptoms. These both have really helped take the brain fog and intense wired feeling away.
You need to get with a good HRT dr if you are interested then Pm me for references in your area.