High estradiol w/ chronic fatigue

blastedlooger

Awards
Hey guys. I'm 19 and I have been very fatigued lately making me unable to lift weights, concentrate, memory and it started affecting my college so I went to the doctor. (I'm 5'11 180lbs) I've already been several times and gotten two blood tests. I think my doc is a general practitioner and he knows very little about what hormone levels should be and is reluctant to prescribe anything for me. I do lift weights but have never used steroids or any prohormone type supplements.

Blood Test #1: (Quest)

Total Testosterone- 487 ng/dL
Estradiol (E2)- 64 pg/mL
IGF-BP3- 5.84 ug/ml
IGF-1- 427 ng/ml
DHEA- 335 ug/dL
Cortisol- 23.1 ug/dL
TSH- 2.17 uIU/mL
SHBG- 24 nmol/L

Thyroid info
Free T3 3.59 pg/mL
Free T4 1.21 ng/dL
PSA .56 ng/mL
TBG 15.7 ug/mL
TSH 2.17 uIU/mL

also worth noting is that my Bilirubin was high, but doc said probably genetic
There was other stuff tested in this first test but all was in normal levels and doesn't deal with hormone levels.

Blood Test #2: more hormone specific (Quest)
Total Testosterone: 583 ng/dL
Estradiol: 53 pg/mL
FSH: 1.3 mIU/mL
LH- 3.5 mIU/mL
Iron- 199 mcg/dL

Doc was supposed to check for Free Test but they ended up missing it or something.

I'm pretty sure I have high estrogen problems but the doc was scared to give me arimidex so he gave me provigil (a stimulant) for the fatigue. Provigil hasn't helped.

I have been taking zinc, magnesium, vitamin b6, multi vitamin, vitamin c, vitamin b12 to try to combat the high estrogen.

Just wanted to know if you guys could help. Thanks!

Last edited:
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I'm 19 and I have been very fatigued lately making me unable to lift weights, concentrate, memory and it started affecting my college so I went to the doctor. (I'm 5'11 180lbs) I've already been several times and gotten two blood tests. I think my doc is a general practitioner and he knows very little about what hormone levels should be and is reluctant to prescribe anything for me. I do lift weights but have never used steroids or any prohormone type supplements.

Blood Test #1:

Total Testosterone- 487 ng/dL
Estradiol (E2)- 64 pg/mL
IGF-BP3- 5.84 ug/ml
IGF-1- 427 ng/ml
DHEA- 335 ug/dL
Cortisol- 23.1 ug/dL
TSH- 2.17 uIU/mL
SHBG- 24 nmol/L

also worth noting is that my Bilirubin was high, but doc said probably genetic
There was other stuff tested in this first test but all was in normal levels and doesn't deal with hormone levels.

Blood Test #2: more hormone specific
Total Testosterone: 583 ng/dL
Estradiol: 53 pg/mL
FSH: 1.3 mIU/mL
LH- 3.5 mIU/mL
Iron- 199 mcg/dL

Doc was supposed to check for Free Test but they ended up missing it or something.

I'm pretty sure I have high estrogen problems but the doc was scared to give me arimidex so he gave me provigil (a stimulant) for the fatigue. Provigil hasn't helped.

I have been taking zinc, magnesium, vitamin b6, multi vitamin, vitamin c, vitamin b12 to try to combat the high estrogen.

Just wanted to know if you guys could help. Thanks!
PM me I may have a solution for you ..

blastedlooger

Awards
I didn't realize I had to have 7 posts to send a PM. I thought I had sent you a PM but then I checked and it hadn't been sent. I'll send you one after I get 7 posts.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize I had to have 7 posts to send a PM. I thought I had sent you a PM but then I checked and it hadn't been sent. I'll send you one after I get 7 posts.
Have you been thru trauma, hit in the head, similar?

Your pituitary is a suspect.

blastedlooger

Awards
Well, I haven't had any major blows to my head that took me out or anything but as a guy I've had some fairly hard hits to my head at one point or another throughout my life. I might also note I have a varicocele on my left testicle. I got it checked when I was 15 or something but as far as I can tell my testicles are normal size.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well, I haven't had any major blows to my head that took me out or anything but as a guy I've had some fairly hard hits to my head at one point or another throughout my life. I might also note I have a varicocele on my left testicle. I got it checked when I was 15 or something but as far as I can tell my testicles are normal size.
Testosterone is good, but e2 is too high then you need to seek natural estrogen therapy to see if it brings levels down increasing free testosterone,
YOur cortisol is a little high, but also I would test free levels as well from the Rheins test to check all metabolites of cortisol.

To lower e2

Priority STRESS AND LIFESTYLE CHANGES !!
1. loose weight
2. Stop drinking alcohol
3. Cleanse the liver
4. Open up estrogen metabolism pathways - DIM, iodoral, myomin
5. Look for hypothyroidism and elevated rt3 due to possible high cortisol
6 wrong form of zinc- zinc picolate works better

blastedlooger

Awards
To lower e2

1. lose weight (i've been trying and i'm at a sticking point at 15% BF)
2. Stop drinking alcohol (don't drink)
3. Cleanse the liver (with what?)
4. Open up estrogen metabolism pathways - DIM, iodoral, myomin (OK, I'll buy some)
5. Look for hypothyroidism and elevated rt3 due to possible high cortisol (My thyroid levels looked good from what doc said, TSH at a good level, I'll look up rt3)
6. wrong form of zinc- zinc picolate works better (OK, I'll buy some)

blastedlooger

Awards
This is what I will be running. I'll let you know how I feel after I get the Myomin and DIM and run that for about 2 weeks. If I get another blood test after I will post the results.

Supplement Regimen to Lower Estrogen:
Mega Men Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C w/ bioflav
Zinc (just going to use what I have, is not picolate, from gnc)
Magnesium
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12 lozenge (couple times a week)
Myomin (on its way)
Nature's Way DIM (on its way)
Iodoral (on its way)
Vitamin E (no supp... eating 1 avocado and some almonds every day for it)
Nature's Way Milk Thistle (on its way)

Should I run Milk Thistle for liver function with this stack? :donut:
Is the type of zinc I have really important enough to spend money for more? I have GNC Zinc right now

I also bought 6 OXO Extreme but not sure If I want to use it. I looked at the results from Baylor and it didn't look very promising. I also saw a couple of threads on this forum speaking negatively of it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

blastedlooger

Awards
Ok, I have been using Iodoral, Myomin, and DIM for a little less than a week and have noticed some differences.

Dosing- Myomin 2 morning 2 afternoon 2 night
Iodoral- 2 a day
DIM- 2 or 3 a day

First off, to someone who might know, is this too much on the dosage?

How I have felt:
Day 3- I felt extreme energy. I did deadlifts and some other heavy lifts and played basketball later that night with wild energy. I felt great playing and lifting, not like usual. I did notice possibly more joint pain but it didn't last more than 2 days. My left knee was hurting a bit but I did deads and jump off that leg for basketball so I think it came from that.

Day 4- After the third day my energy was horrible on the fourth day. I felt bad getting out of bed and my body temp felt increased all day. I felt drained when I woke up, got 7 hours of sleep, which might not have been enough.

Day 5- Felt tired as I would on a normal day with bad sleep. I slept in a hotel but I didn't really have problems falling asleep. Only took 4 Myomin this day.

Day 6- Felt about average, maybe a little better than normal. I feel small pains in my head every once in a while but not very intense pain or anything. Lifted normal without a huge energy to really push it.

Libido- I didn't really have a horrible libido but I noticed a slight improvement and more frequent morning wood.

I think this stuff might be working but I'm not sure if my dosing might be too much. What dosing do you recommend? The bottle says 6 a day but I think that might be too strong. I'm also not sure how much of this is placebo. I usually don't give credit where credit is not due, and definitely felt like superman on day 3.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I have been using Iodoral, Myomin, and DIM for a little less than a week and have noticed some differences.

Dosing- Myomin 2 morning 2 afternoon 2 night
Iodoral- 2 a day
DIM- 2 or 3 a day

First off, to someone who might know, is this too much on the dosage?

How I have felt:
Day 3- I felt extreme energy. I did deadlifts and some other heavy lifts and played basketball later that night with wild energy. I felt great playing and lifting, not like usual. I did notice possibly more joint pain but it didn't last more than 2 days. My left knee was hurting a bit but I did deads and jump off that leg for basketball so I think it came from that.

Day 4- After the third day my energy was horrible on the fourth day. I felt bad getting out of bed and my body temp felt increased all day. I felt drained when I woke up, got 7 hours of sleep, which might not have been enough.

Day 5- Felt tired as I would on a normal day with bad sleep. I slept in a hotel but I didn't really have problems falling asleep. Only took 4 Myomin this day.

Day 6- Felt about average, maybe a little better than normal. I feel small pains in my head every once in a while but not very intense pain or anything. Lifted normal without a huge energy to really push it.

Libido- I didn't really have a horrible libido but I noticed a slight improvement and more frequent morning wood.

I think this stuff might be working but I'm not sure if my dosing might be too much. What dosing do you recommend? The bottle says 6 a day but I think that might be too strong. I'm also not sure how much of this is placebo. I usually don't give credit where credit is not due, and definitely felt like superman on day 3.
suggested dosages (when taking more then one dosages can be reduced by half)
Myomin may be 4 a day
Dim or iodoral - should not need both..I am just running iodoral and will test metabolites just on this. iodoral 25 mgs a day should be fine or 2-3 of dim no need for both.
zinc picolanate 30-50 mgs a night would be optimal (crap from GNC is not absorbed properly by the body.
b-6 P5P - 50 mgs am and before bed time.

dude if this works I will be a freaken genius
You also may be going through a cleansing process as well so it just might be your body rebalance it self and getting the junk out.

My goal was to conduct a study of this combination with people with high e2 of >50 and see if will bring it down to 25 on estrodial range.

blastedlooger

Awards
Why don't I need iodoral and DIM... they are completely different? I'll start just using 4 Myomin a day. 2 at morning, and 2 at night. Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Why don't I need iodoral and DIM... they are completely different? I'll start just using 4 Myomin a day. 2 at morning, and 2 at night. Thanks.
iodoral be more benefit over all ..The only way I know dosages is through muscle testing and I know it works because clinical test have to back it up.
I use a differnt method that is more scientific then the voodoo stuff other practioner use.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone is good, but e2 is too high then you need to seek natural estrogen therapy to see if it brings levels down increasing free testosterone,
YOur cortisol is a little high, but also I would test free levels as well from the Rheins test to check all metabolites of cortisol.

To lower e2

1. loose weight
2. Stop drinking alcohol
3. Cleanse the liver
4. Open up estrogen metabolism pathways - DIM, iodoral, myomin
5. Look for hypothyroidism and elevated rt3 due to possible high cortisol
6 wrong form of zinc- zinc picolate works better
So is high estradiol the cause of the lethargy? I had mine tested a while back and it came back at 67 pg/mL. However, my cortisol was really low. My pituitary, test levels, and my thyroid function was normal. The only side effect I had was sensitivity and a small, painful lump behind my right nipple. Other than that I felt fine. I wonder if I am just used to feeling tired all the time, I always assumed it was stress from work.

I am not overweight by any means, I rarely drink alcohol, etc. The endocronologist said my case was idiopathic and I may just naturally have high estradiol. I don't buy this, because I don't consider gynecomastia normal.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
A point to remember. Just because a test comes back "normal" doesnt mean you cannot get symptoms due to it being a bit high or a bit low. Doctors are too quick to say everything is normal, just because it fits inside the parameters (which also are very generalized).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So is high estradiol the cause of the lethargy? I had mine tested a while back and it came back at 67 pg/mL. However, my cortisol was really low. My pituitary, test levels, and my thyroid function was normal. The only side effect I had was sensitivity and a small, painful lump behind my right nipple. Other than that I felt fine. I wonder if I am just used to feeling tired all the time, I always assumed it was stress from work.

I am not overweight by any means, I rarely drink alcohol, etc. The endocronologist said my case was idiopathic and I may just naturally have high estradiol. I don't buy this, because I don't consider gynecomastia normal.
Excessive e2 can put strain on thyroid then pushes adrenals harder to work till eventually can not keep up.