Would 250mg of Testosterone weekly increase DHT?

lovehack

Awards
Would 250mg of testosterone c/e increase DHT a consirable amount if injected twice weekly (125mg on monday and thursday)?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would 250mg of testosterone c/e increase DHT a consirable amount if injected twice weekly (125mg on monday and thursday)?
Yes it would without question. taking something like nettle root would help lessen the conversion. Stay far away from finasteride, that stuff is BAD news.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
From what I hear and observe on my own body:

testosterone injections usually do not raise DHT, but it often raise E2

testosterone transdermal, usually raise DHT, usually do not raise E2

Raise of E2, I think, have to do with frequency of injections.
The more frequent injections the less e2 raise.
I do my T injections EOD, currently I do not need Arimidex.
-------------------------------------

125mg twice weekly is a rather large dose.
On normal dose (up to about 200mg/week) I would not expect DHT raise, you are on dose higher than that.

Consider EOD injections and base dose on your BAT level.
BAT- BioAvailableTestosterone.
BAT can be had only using this test at Quest Diagnostics:
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

If you cant get tested at Quest, get
TotalT & SHBG
and use chart at my post #41 here
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

and get enough tetosterone so your
FreeT~300

This is what I do, it is high level but still natural.
It saves you bothering with AI's and finasterides.
/
/

lovehack

Awards
I appear to have symptoms of high progesterone (due to adrenal dysfunction). So increasing DHT is my main goal. I would like to improve muscule mass, libido/erections and so fourth.

I would also be using HCG at 500iu twice weekly before each injection also.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I appear to have symptoms of high progesterone (due to adrenal dysfunction). So increasing DHT is my main goal. I would like to improve muscule mass, libido/erections and so fourth.

Everything with in limits.

Dihydrotestosterone DHT(25-75)ng/dL

if you get up to about 90 it still should be ok but do not go over that.

T shots will, most likely not affect your DHT.
If you need to raise DHT, stay on T-shots, put tiny amount of Androgel on your balls, or just anywhere on skin.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everything with in limits.

Dihydrotestosterone DHT(25-75)ng/dL

if you get up to about 90 it still should be ok but do not go over that.

T shots will, most likely not affect your DHT.
If you need to raise DHT, stay on T-shots, put tiny amount of Androgel on your balls, or just anywhere on skin.
100 mgs of T cyp, with 500 IUs of hCG per week, tripled my DHT, from 30 to 90, in a matter of 3 weeks. I did not test after adding adex, but I would imagine it moved a little higher, as E2 dropped and FT increased.

Most definitely, his DHT will climb very significantly. Probably not as much as TD, but it's all relative. If I took the proposed dose, I am guessing my DHT would be over 150.

As Trip mentioned, nettle root should help. I take it. Check out Nutraplanet, for a highly concentrated extract.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
100 mgs of T cyp, with 500 IUs of hCG per week, tripled my DHT, from 30 to 90, in a matter of 3 weeks. I did not test after adding adex, but I would imagine it moved a little higher, as E2 dropped and FT increased.

Most definitely, his DHT will climb very significantly. Probably not as much as TD, but it's all relative. If I took the proposed dose, I am guessing my DHT would be over 150.

As Trip mentioned, nettle root should help. I take it. Check out Nutraplanet, for a highly concentrated extract.
90 is still good number for DHT.
There is no better way than test and adjust dose accordingly.

The range is DHT(25-75)ng/dL

Personally I prefer your 90 over 30.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I'm the same as you (high prog, likely adrenal disfunction no doubt) and I'm trying to raise my DHT but I don't think shots are raising it as much as I'd like. No doubt that high PROG is lowering my DHT since they oppose each other.

The only time I have felt my libido return to normal (ie: when I was 18-20) was while taking an androgenic compound (ie: hdrol - haven't tried anything else that is androgenic but I am very curious about adding proviron). Test shots even up to 250mg per week don't have much impact on my libido, well - not as much as I would have thought...only a very minimal amount.

I've been taking divanyl (nettle root extract), a potent amount of it, to free up test and hopefully to increase libido, etc. But if it's going to block DHT then I think I will stop taking it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm the same as you (high prog, likely adrenal disfunction no doubt) and I'm trying to raise my DHT but I don't think shots are raising it as much as I'd like. No doubt that high PROG is lowering my DHT since they oppose each other.

The only time I have felt my libido return to normal (ie: when I was 18-20) was while taking an androgenic compound (ie: hdrol - haven't tried anything else that is androgenic but I am very curious about adding proviron). Test shots even up to 250mg per week don't have much impact on my libido, well - not as much as I would have thought...only a very minimal amount.

I've been taking divanyl (nettle root extract), a potent amount of it, to free up test and hopefully to increase libido, etc. But if it's going to block DHT then I think I will stop taking it.

You're still not feeling any better, eh? hCG did not help your libido? have you tried maca? i'm thinking that the libido issue has to do with something other than your sex hormones. Hang in there, dude.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HCG, now that I am doing it more often, is definitely making my nuts feel better and making them hang lower. My volume shot up when I started TRT and then lowered, now it's back to a decent amount, not like when I first started though. I don't think it has a great effect on me libido wise though.

I'm not totally sure what's wrong, but I need to re-test DHT, e2, adrenals for sure, and have that sleep study as well as see the results about a possible CTD. I get them this week.

Androgenic hormones definitely have an effect on me, I would get extreme night time erections and have the hardest morning wood ever on them, ones that linger long after waking, and I would have to clean the pipes a couple times per day everyday while on them..but I am talking about androgenic steroid level doses. Myabe that was the only time my DHT/e2 was in a proper range (with DHT being high I'm sure e2 was not spiked at all - was probably in a great range).

I can tell my test is high right now though, confidence and aggression is up, body comp is happening, and I worry less about things (depression is less of a factor as it has been).

health4life24

Awards
I think I'm dealing with some of the same problems that some of the people in this thread are dealing with, that being high progesterone and low DHT. My progesterone is 50% above top of range, while DHT is below bottom of range. I have no libido or drive because of it.

I have spent many years trying to figure out what was going on with me and spent countless thousands of dollars on herbs that didn't cure me. I think I have narrowed it down to possibly adrenal exhaustion (inadequate cortisol maybe), this is why Progesterone may be very high in order to compensate. I'm thinking maybe I should try hydrocortisone to see what affect it has. Maybe that will alleviate adrenal symptoms and allow for progesterone to come down. I'm thinking I can also 'overun' the high progesterone with Testosterone, which will also raise DHT.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Progesterone can attatch to Cortisol receptors and block your own Cortisol from working.

health4life24

Awards
Progesterone can attatch to Cortisol receptors and block your own Cortisol from working.
Interesting...I have never heard that! I thought it was opposite where higher progesterone levels would be good for cortisol production.

Something is causing my very high progesterone level. I thought it was plausible that if adrenals were exhausted, this in turn could cause a high progesterone level. If this isn't the case, something is causing it and that's what I'm trying to figure out.

There are two ways to tackle this...

a. Replace a deficient hormone that may be causing high progesterone levels (cortisol?)...thus causing progesterone to come down in proper range.
-or
b. Treat with Testosterone in hopes that it will 'overun' negative effects of high progesterone levels.

If anyone has any insights, that would be great!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you taking PREG? I find it raises my PROG for some reason when taking it.

If you try going on TRT, try the gels first (androgel) it will have more effect on increasing DHT.

Is there anyway to directly block/lower progesterone? I haven't found one..

health4life24

Awards
Are you taking PREG? I find it raises my PROG for some reason when taking it.

If you try going on TRT, try the gels first (androgel) it will have more effect on increasing DHT.

Is there anyway to directly block/lower progesterone? I haven't found one..
Haven't done anything yet. Going to do a Rhein Urine test next week and will go from there. I'm having major inflammation problems and it's hard to work out. I'm wondering if my adrenals are toast and cortisol is minimal. I was thinking that this could be raising my progesterone levels.

superone

Awards
  • Established
If you are having inflammation problems then i gaurantee either low Cortisol, or the progesterone blocking the cortisol from working.