Does anyone believe you?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I went to see the family for Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago and was wondering........does anyone beleive you when you talk of these issues?

I do not want sympathy but my entire family rolls their eyes when I say I am not feeling well. It is as if I am whining or making it all up for sympathy.

The last thing my sisters husbands mother said to me was...I am glad you are so healthy...this is after I told her I was not.

I realize I have to just ignore it all....but the complete and total lack of support I receive makes it all that much more difficult.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
I went to see the family for Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago and was wondering........does anyone beleive you when you talk of these issues?

I do not want sympathy but my entire family rolls their eyes when I say I am not feeling well. It is as if I am whining or making it all up for sympathy.

The last thing my sisters husbands mother said to me was...I am glad you are so healthy...this is after I told her I was not.

I realize I have to just ignore it all....but the complete and total lack of support I receive makes it all that much more difficult.
i was talking a while back to my sister about hormones and what not and what i discovered and how interesting it is.. apparently i talked too much about it, because i was at my mom's house and she says yeah i am chatting to your sister

so i go up to her and the chat window and my mom says that my sister says she is tired of me talking about hormones and fatigue (didn't mention ED to anyone of my family of course) and that i was exxagerating

that really hurt me.. part of it is she had her thyroid removed and thyroid cancer and survived and she is fine now, but feels that her problem is more important

she of course doesn't know of my ED but did know of my fatigue issue

good thing is i went to a doc who got it all tested, i showed her the lab results later on, not to prove anything because i was done talking to her at that point about the issue.. and just in a matter of fact way showed her why my doc put me on hydrocortisone, later on she actually applauds that my doc knows much and can get this extensive testing done (she is a lab analyst who also studies blood samples and what not, which is even more difficult to aruge with her)

anyway i don't hold it against her but im glad i can now just show her my cortisol pills and that will shut her mouth..

i just never talk about it anymore with her.. actually hurt when i read her chat session

however she still remains my sister and i love her and would do anything for her, just sucks people aren't up to this that much

good luck in your personal battles

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hear how I am wasting my money on tests, doctors, supplements, etc. At least my wife understands.

monomer

Awards
There are people that feel terrible and never talk about it. There are others that go on for days if they had a cold. If you don't have an obvious, tangible medical problem many people will be skeptical.

I personally don't enjoy hearing people complain about their problems. I would rather keep things light (yes, I realize I'm not the most sensitive person). For that reason I don't talk about my issues with anyone other than my wife. If people ask, I tell them I am "fine" and change the subject. Most people really don't want to hear about others medical issues.

K1212

Awards
yea I think most people think the depression I am going through is related to mental problems, even the shrink I am seeing probably thinks my problems are mental