High Testosterone?!?!?!

thenxtgrt1

Awards
These results are based on only using HCG - 250 ius / EOD.

TOTAL TEST (250-1100) 1264

FREE TEST (46.0-224.0) 207.2

BIOAVAILABLE (110.0-575.0) 444.1

SHBG (8-48) 34

ESTRADIOL (13-54) 47

ALBUMIN,SERUM (3.6-5.1) 4.7

DHEA (110-370) 196

DHT (25-75) 56

FSH (1.6-8.0) 0.7

LH (1.5-9.3) 0.2

I was very shocked to see such high levels. These results reflect being on HCG for about a month. I'm currently on nothing. And will re-test on a few items in a couple of weeks.

I definitely never felt benefits of these high levels. My already lowered sex drive went down some more while on this protocol. And I do understand that having supraphysiological levels can have same effect as having low levels. But you would think at some point, I would have reached a "sweet spot".

To make this even more confusing...I have a good feeling that if would have taken urine test around the same time, it would have shown T as low. A couple of months ago after taking Rhein and undergoing a similar HCG protocol, it showed T as extremely low(didn't take blood test at this time).

The only positive I can find is that my balls work effectively. But what will it take to get my libido and erection strength back? With Free T and Bioavailable numbers, shouldn't sex drive be through the roof? Maybe I'm pissing all of it out? Do these numbers show anything I'm not seeing?

TIA

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Maybe your estradiol is high a bit. You should try and get in mid range. Maybe I am wrong. This is a bit disappointing. I want to try hcg and those levels look nice to me, but without libido and all the good things that come with it? Please continue to post on this.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Maybe your estradiol is high a bit. You should try and get in mid range. Maybe I am wrong. This is a bit disappointing. I want to try hcg and those levels look nice to me, but without libido and all the good things that come with it? Please continue to post on this.
I will definitely continue to post. Don't let this disappoint you, I'm just weird Lol. My lab results always bring back something strange. I'm going to research hyperexcreter possibility.

b4554

Awards
Almost the same for me

These results are based on only using HCG - 250 ius / EOD.

TOTAL TEST (250-1100) 1264

FREE TEST (46.0-224.0) 207.2

BIOAVAILABLE (110.0-575.0) 444.1

SHBG (8-48) 34

ESTRADIOL (13-54) 47

ALBUMIN,SERUM (3.6-5.1) 4.7

DHEA (110-370) 196

DHT (25-75) 56

FSH (1.6-8.0) 0.7

LH (1.5-9.3) 0.2

I was very shocked to see such high levels. These results reflect being on HCG for about a month. I'm currently on nothing. And will re-test on a few items in a couple of weeks.

I definitely never felt benefits of these high levels. My already lowered sex drive went down some more while on this protocol. And I do understand that having supraphysiological levels can have same effect as having low levels. But you would think at some point, I would have reached a "sweet spot".

To make this even more confusing...I have a good feeling that if would have taken urine test around the same time, it would have shown T as low. A couple of months ago after taking Rhein and undergoing a similar HCG protocol, it showed T as extremely low(didn't take blood test at this time).

The only positive I can find is that my balls work effectively. But what will it take to get my libido and erection strength back? With Free T and Bioavailable numbers, shouldn't sex drive be through the roof? Maybe I'm pissing all of it out? Do these numbers show anything I'm not seeing?

TIA

TRT has become an expensive nuisance that I wish I had never started on. I never found a libido "sweet spot" either.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Don't be disappointed. Most people experience a substantial increase in libido. It did a lot more for me than testosterone cream. I don't understand why these numbers don't work for this poster - most likely something I don't understand. His DHT should be higher with testosterone numbers in that range. Maybe he is taking something for DHT. Even Saw Palmetto kills my sex drive.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TRT has become an expensive nuisance that I wish I had never started on. I never found a libido "sweet spot" either.

You have to be dedicated and persistant to get it to work for you. It's sad to hear that your health is a nuisance.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Don't be disappointed. Most people experience a substantial increase in libido. It did a lot more for me than testosterone cream. I don't understand why these numbers don't work for this poster - most likely something I don't understand. His DHT should be higher with testosterone numbers in that range. Maybe he is taking something for DHT. Even Saw Palmetto kills my sex drive.

I'm not taking anything for DHT. I guess it could stand to be somewhat higher.

I've had several thoughts roaming through my mind about this situation. During my next appt, I will discuss with my Dr. about doing a mini-trial of Test. Maybe like 2 injections, just to see how I feel.

Another option is to stay on HCG for longer to give it time to "kick in". And balance other hormones as well.

My main concern is libido, therefore I want to focus my method of treatment in that direction.

brentf13

Awards
This is an easy one and I went through this too. Guys forget that the libido boost from T is due to T increasing dopamine levels not T itself. Check prolactin and see where it's at too. I fixed my broken libido with Stablon 3 a day, Dostinex .5mg a week, and Wellbutrin 150mg a day.

When you raise T doapmine raises considerably and then levels off. Sometimes it levels off at a higher level than baseline and sometimes it returns to baseline. For example every time I stop treatment and restart it after a few weeks I have a strong libido and sexual function for about a week and then it goes away. I chased around T levels and E2 levels for a year before I discovered it's all about dopamine levels. Now I'm WAY BETTER.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I've been told that low luteinizing hormone and low follicle stimulating hormone can result in a low libido..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is an easy one and I went through this too. Guys forget that the libido boost from T is due to T increasing dopamine levels not T itself. Check prolactin and see where it's at too. I fixed my broken libido with Stablon 3 a day, Dostinex .5mg a week, and Wellbutrin 150mg a day.

When you raise T doapmine raises considerably and then levels off. Sometimes it levels off at a higher level than baseline and sometimes it returns to baseline. For example every time I stop treatment and restart it after a few weeks I have a strong libido and sexual function for about a week and then it goes away. I chased around T levels and E2 levels for a year before I discovered it's all about dopamine levels. Now I'm WAY BETTER.

That protocol looks pretty good, too bad I don't respond to 3pd for stablon, I have to take 4-6, but yes - I love it too. I may add some dostinex too and drop my deprenyl, it isn't doing too much for me except for a bit of fun alongside PEA. :lol:

I would have to beg to differ with you about T only causing raised libido via increasing dopamine though....DHT is the main factor at increasing libido as well as that whole sense of 'being a man'. Maybe prolactin was the main culprit for you.

brentf13

Awards
My prolactin was midrange. I wish it was just that. Yes DHT will raise libido if your brain is communicating well. If not it doesn't matter how much of it hits receptors if it can't transfer a signal along. Look up some of Dr. M's posts. He's got it nailed down.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't know what it is, but even on a high dose of deprenyl and taking over 1-3 grams of l-dopa everyday, my libido hasn't increased as it should. It's the same as it was just being on test. I still have an appetite for sex and need to take care of that pretty much daily, but I thought (and was told) that it would REALLY ramp up the libido, but nope. I will do some research into Dr. M's posts though and see what he says. Maybe it is mostly a neuro thing for me I don't know.

thenxtgrt1

Awards

You bring up an interesting point. A few weeks prior to testing, I had been taking cabergoline sporadically. The week before the test, I had taken a dose of 0.5 mg on two separate days. Prolactin reading on test measured:

1.0 (2.0-18.0)

Extremely low prolactin level. The stuff really worked. I've never taken more than two tabs per wk. I can only imagine what it would have been, if I had taken more than that.

brentf13...you say you've "chased around T levels and E2 levels for a year". And now you've figured out it's all about dopamine. Are you on TRT? Or were you on it? What are you currently doing that has made you feel better? Is it only Stablon and Wellbutrin?

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Yeah, I don't know what it is, but even on a high dose of deprenyl and taking over 1-3 grams of l-dopa everyday, my libido hasn't increased as it should. It's the same as it was just being on test. I still have an appetite for sex and need to take care of that pretty much daily, but I thought (and was told) that it would REALLY ramp up the libido, but nope. I will do some research into Dr. M's posts though and see what he says. Maybe it is mostly a neuro thing for me I don't know.
I've dabbled with Deprenyl. The results were decent. I'd like to try it again with a more focused approach. And mix it in with some PEA.

I may try some l-dopa. I've been curious about it for a while. And it seems to get positive reviews.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The focus I get from PEA + deprenyl is amazing. Even when I high dose the PEA (which will get you feeling almost like you are on ex) - you feel very focused, aware and just nice afterwards. But the dopamine effects...I don't know if I really felt them. Maybe I should try mixing some wellbutrin with the deprenyl and l-dopa for a synergistic approach.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The focus I get from PEA + deprenyl is amazing. Even when I high dose the PEA (which will get you feeling almost like you are on ex) - you feel very focused, aware and just nice afterwards. But the dopamine effects...I don't know if I really felt them. Maybe I should try mixing some wellbutrin with the deprenyl and l-dopa for a synergistic approach.
try myomin 2 pills 3 times a day for 4 weeks then retest e2 be surprised to see what happens..I am looking to this as an alternative to armdex..It holds up well lowering e2 by 50% in women, the same mechanism by which adex works.

Your numbers do not look bad e2 could be lower about about 30 and you be feeling fine. Before jumping playing mad scientist and making more of a mess. Do one thing at a time to see what works. Try what I suggested and then go from there. Natural supplements are self regulating and will not take you below your bodys natural levels.

You can also have quest diagnostics do 24 hour testosterone urine as well and not pay 220 for all the rheins test if there are no other abnormalities.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
try myomin 2 pills 3 times a day for 4 weeks then retest e2 be surprised to see what happens..I am looking to this as an alternative to armdex..It holds up well lowering e2 by 50% in women, the same mechanism by which adex works..

Yeah, the use of deprenyl was when my e2 was a-ok. I was shocked that my libido didn't skyrocket. I don't use it often now, maybe once a week.

I will give myomin a shot and try it out. Should I stop all other AI's? Even my EOD aromasin?

Also, I assume the comment about levels was to the OP, as I haven't posted my levels in here. I'm due for bloodwork.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the use of deprenyl was when my e2 was a-ok. I was shocked that my libido didn't skyrocket. I don't use it often now, maybe once a week.I will give myomin a shot and try it out. Should I stop all other AI's? Even my EOD aromasin?Also, I assume the comment about levels was to the OP, as I haven't posted my levels in here. I'm due for bloodwork.
DO not stop it completely ease ofto give your self a cushion so you do not crash..Make sense. REmember every one body is different so there are no gurantees. This way after 4 weeks if if e2 dropped or held that is a good sign that something is working. Slow and steady transitions

thenxtgrt1

Awards
try myomin 2 pills 3 times a day for 4 weeks then retest e2 be surprised to see what happens..I am looking to this as an alternative to armdex..It holds up well lowering e2 by 50% in women, the same mechanism by which adex works.

Your numbers do not look bad e2 could be lower about about 30 and you be feeling fine. Before jumping playing mad scientist and making more of a mess. Do one thing at a time to see what works. Try what I suggested and then go from there. Natural supplements are self regulating and will not take you below your bodys natural levels.

You can also have quest diagnostics do 24 hour testosterone urine as well and not pay 220 for all the rheins test if there are no other abnormalities.
I am interested in giving this a shot. As I do believe my E2 is naturally high now-a-days. I have no familiarity with this. Am I correct in stating this is an OTC supplement? Can this be found in any health food store?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in giving this a shot. As I do believe my E2 is naturally high now-a-days. I have no familiarity with this. Am I correct in stating this is an OTC supplement? Can this be found in any health food store?
Its a combination of chinese herbs which have been used for thousands of years and has pretty strong clincal evidence in medical setting.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not taking anything for DHT. I guess it could stand to be somewhat higher.

I've had several thoughts roaming through my mind about this situation. During my next appt, I will discuss with my Dr. about doing a mini-trial of Test. Maybe like 2 injections, just to see how I feel.

Another option is to stay on HCG for longer to give it time to "kick in". And balance other hormones as well.

My main concern is libido, therefore I want to focus my method of treatment in that direction.
Dude, those numbers are PHAT Albert. Drop he E2 a little, the DHT will increase, and the libido should follow. I'd say .2 mgs of Adex EOD should get it done. Definitely stick with the hCG for now. You've responded like no one I've ever hear of. I thought I was a strong responder, and my dose is twice yours. Respect.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Yeah, the use of deprenyl was when my e2 was a-ok. I was shocked that my libido didn't skyrocket. I don't use it often now, maybe once a week.

I will give myomin a shot and try it out. Should I stop all other AI's? Even my EOD aromasin?

Also, I assume the comment about levels was to the OP, as I haven't posted my levels in here. I'm due for bloodwork.
gutterpump...what does aromasin do to your E2 levels? Have you been tested? I've always been curious about it..

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Dude, those numbers are PHAT Albert. Drop he E2 a little, the DHT will increase, and the libido should follow. I'd say .2 mgs of Adex EOD should get it done. Definitely stick with the hCG for now. You've responded like no one I've ever hear of. I thought I was a strong responder, and my dose is twice yours. Respect.
Hey I appreciate it bro. But I'm frustrated as hell with the way my libido is right now. I'd rather have T level of 300 w/ high libido than no libido w/ over 1000 Lol. You recommend ".2mgs of Adex EOD". Are you on Liquidex? Or do you take it in pill form?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
gutterpump...what does aromasin do to your E2 levels? Have you been tested? I've always been curious about it..

Aromasin is a steroidal AI and very strong - I think it is capable of lowering e2 by over 85%. I don't recommend using it for TRT because it has a direct effect on the AR. Best to stick with non-steroidal AI's. I had it on hand though so I am using a little of it for a bit. The good thing about it is that it upregulates IGF-1 and is better on the lipid profile...but yeah, not meant for long term use.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey I appreciate it bro. But I'm frustrated as hell with the way my libido is right now. I'd rather have T level of 300 w/ high libido than no libido w/ over 1000 Lol. You recommend ".2mgs of Adex EOD". Are you on Liquidex? Or do you take it in pill form?
I take a compounded pill -- .2 every 2 days. At your levels, I woul d not mess with Aromasin -- it will take your E2 down to 10 or lower, and then you'll really have some libido issues, along with an uncooperative member.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How's your sleep? That will kill it. Ask my hot ex, who was always begging for it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I take a compounded pill -- .2 every 2 days. At your levels, I woul d not mess with Aromasin -- it will take your E2 down to 10 or lower, and then you'll really have some libido issues, along with an uncooperative member.

I'm using the liquid type, it's easy to measure out the right dose. It won't go too low if you limit it's use. I use 10mg eod or on day of shot. A typical dose on a 'cycle' or in pct is 10-24mg ed. I might be overdoing it a little now but I'm due for bloodwork. When I first started TRT I had to do 24mg eod for a week and then drop down because I could tell my e2 shot up fast and high. I would wake up in the middle of the night with an itchy nipple if I had forgot my dose. It was my mistake though to start on 250mg test plus 1400iu of hcg every week. Was too much. Now I've lowered my HCG dose down and take it more often instead of twice pw like when I started. I take it maybe 3 times pw now.