What to say to my endo?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I have low test and some symptoms that go along with it. I was taking bromocriptine, but I stopped. I didn't like it and my prolactin wasn't that high. I have been exercising, dieting and taking vitamins. I feel better now, but I know my test is still low. I want to try clomid and see if it can raise my natural production. What should I tell my endo about it if he disagrees? I also want to ask him for a complete blood test for reference later in life. Could someone suggest a complete list. I want to check as much as possible. I see him in a week.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I have low test and some symptoms that go along with it. I was taking bromocriptine, but I stopped. I didn't like it and my prolactin wasn't that high. I have been exercising, dieting and taking vitamins. I feel better now, but I know my test is still low. I want to try clomid and see if it can raise my natural production. What should I tell my endo about it if he disagrees? I also want to ask him for a complete blood test for reference later in life. Could someone suggest a complete list. I want to check as much as possible. I see him in a week.
Most of the Endos are not good if you want to have clomid to increase Test. They wont agree to give you Clomid.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
If an over 50 guy went to an endo and presented that he just wanted to get back to 27 year old hormonol levels across the board, how would that Doctor likely respond? Any one with experience regarding that?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Most of the Endos are not good if you want to have clomid to increase Test. They wont agree to give you Clomid.
Might have better luck telling them you want it for fertility. That's usually what mainstream endos prescribe it for.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Might have better luck telling them you want it for fertility. That's usually what mainstream endos prescribe it for.
I told the same thing to my endo, he refered me to reproductive endo. They asked me to go for sperm analysis (even though I had low LH). If they are not normal then they will proceed with next step

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
How do you know you have low test? Have you gotten a blood test?
Three consecutive tests within about five months. I was in range in all of the test just at the bottom of the range. My free test was okay though.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I am just gonna ask for a complete blood work panel for reference later in life can someone please help me with a good list. I know most of the hormones to test, but what about blood cell counts, vitamins, minerals, prostate. I want to be thorough with it.

I mean I feel much better now I just worry about the cause of the low test and the effects on my health later on in life. I also worry about fertility. I mean I still have some of the symptoms, but in general I feel a little better. I think I am also gonna ask for a referral to a Urologist I think I should start getting other opinnions. I hope though that since my endo gave me bromo with only a slightly elevated prolactin level, maybe he will be open to the clomid thing if not then next.

Thanks Guys

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you had 3 blood tests with low testosterone, you should be getting TRT. If your endo isn't giving it to you, you need to switch doctors.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I am just gonna ask for a complete blood work panel for reference later in life can someone please help me with a good list. I know most of the hormones to test, but what about blood cell counts, vitamins, minerals, prostate. I want to be thorough with it.
I mean I feel much better now I just worry about the cause of the low test and the effects on my health later on in life. I also worry about fertility. I mean I still have some of the symptoms, but in general I feel a little better. I think I am also gonna ask for a referral to a Urologist I think I should start getting other opinnions. I hope though that since my endo gave me bromo with only a slightly elevated prolactin level, maybe he will be open to the clomid thing if not then next.

Thanks Guys
You may want to pick and choose from my list on post #44,
between blue lines.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

The whole list cost about $3500
With proper ICD-9 codes (mine are on the bottom) and insurance, my out of pocket cost is $6.

That is under the old president, new prospective president is bend on "helping" me. I am afraid.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
You may want to pick and choose from my list on post #44,
between blue lines.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

The whole list cost about $3500
With proper ICD-9 codes (mine are on the bottom) and insurance, my out of pocket cost is $6.

That is under the old president, new prospective president is bend on "helping" me. I am afraid.
I want to test all of that, but is the fact I have low test enough? I want
to have a base for later in life, but my endo keeps telling me nothing
is wrong. I know he is lying, because he keeps ordering retests as if
my levels are going to magically improve. This next visit may be my last one.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes they are normal according to medical standards for your age group. Docs are reluctant to jump on a test script, especially if they think you want it for bodybuilding. There is also the liability factor they keep in mind. The most he will probably prescribe is a test patch. There are other Docs that will prescribe other meds, you have to search them out and insurance is generally not accepted. Fortunately you have blood work that can be used if you see another Doc quickly. Insurance wont pay for you to blow up.

shyguava

Awards
Last thing on my mind my friend. Do I run high risk for things like osteoperosis, heart disease....? I want to have a few babies before.
You need to change your forum pic. I cant look at your posts without seeing that pic and associating it with you and thinking you look smug and happy despite your situation. :aargh:

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
You need to change your forum pic. I cant look at your posts without seeing that pic and associating it with you and thinking you look smug and happy despite your situation. :aargh:
I don't need to do anything. I'm not here for sympathy. I am here to gain knowledge and hopefully improve my situation. Sounds to me like you feel threatened. :aargh:

texastea

Awards
I don't need to do anything. I'm not here for sympathy. I am here to gain knowledge and hopefully improve my situation. Sounds to me like you feel threatened. :aargh:
Isn't that a frame from American Psycho? That character was hardly happy. Great movie, though.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Isn't that a frame from American Psycho? That character was hardly happy. Great movie, though.
Yeah it is. I like the movie. It is almost a modern day "taxi driver". The human experience is interesting from different aspects and sometimes conformity fails.

shyguava

Awards
I sense depression behind that reply. Have you thought of using a picture of Sarah Palin (or whatever McCains losing VP partner was called). That might boost your self esteem more than the pic you are using.:icon_lol:

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I sense depression behind that reply. Have you thought of using a picture of Sarah Palin (or whatever McCains losing VP partner was called). That might boost your self esteem more than the pic you are using.:icon_lol:
I sense the conversation between me and you is going no where and has nothing to do with this thread. I have self esteem maybe I am just a little shy. :lol: My avatar doesn't boost my self esteem it comforts me in my desire to not conform. Nice political plug you threw in there too you must be real intelligent.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I want to test all of that, but is the fact I have low test enough? I want
to have a base for later in life, but my endo keeps telling me nothing
is wrong. I know he is lying, because he keeps ordering retests as if
my levels are going to magically improve. This next visit may be my last one.
Any doctor can give you script.
If you have insurance or are able to pay out of pocket,
one way may be to just ask doc for that particular script (my list). Do not try to argue that you want it because of your low test.
That throws doctor's mind into a loop.
Tell him that you just want overall good test for your records.

Take a second look at my list.
Recently I was able to shorten it, it should still give you the same output info, just the script looks less threatening to a doctor.

If you are able to pay $$, there are outfits that are arranging for blood tests without scripts.

IIRC, I list link to it on the post with a list.

LEF.org is good, but their E2 test sucks.
Well, that is only a one number, the rest should be ok.

So you may have more choices than you thought that you have.
-------------------
One more, new rules were published sep-8/2008
see if that may help you.

Attachments

shyguava

Awards
I sense the conversation between me and you is going no where and has nothing to do with this thread. I have self esteem maybe I am just a little shy. :lol: My avatar doesn't boost my self esteem it comforts me in my desire to not conform. Nice political plug you threw in there too you must be real intelligent.
Im the full package dude. Intelligent, successfull and with a sense of humor. Best of luck with your quest.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Go to the AAS site a look up docs in your area. Call and ask whether the doc prescribes Clomid. If you are willing to travel, go see one of the docs frequently recommended on this site.

Generally, endos will NOT prescribe clomid, hCG or arimidex to men to increase test. The standard of care is test gel or injections, primarily the former, thanks to big Pharma, though the new longer acting esters are being promoted now, as they are brand-name only, and thus more expensive. That's the system you are dealt. But there are ways around it -- treat yourself, which I don't recommend; or find a progressive doctor (i.e., antiaging or a osteopath).

As for the source of your problem, I don't think you will get a clear answer to that one without trying a restart. You can do a 24 hr urine catch for LH, and a pituitary MRI, but you still may not have the answers. Most MRIs come back negative. Mine did. But something was still broken, and the hCG experiment confirmed that.

You are on the borderline of being hypogonadal (the reference range for which is not age specific, according to the general guidelines: TT below 250; FT below 45. And I believe many on this board would consider you hypogonadal for your age. If you saw 10 typical endos, a few would consider you hypogonadal for your age, the others would tell you that you are suboptimal, and you just have to live with it. My endo would probably prescribe you Test gel; my GP (who specializes in exotic illness and has an antiaging valance to his practice) would recommend a clomid restart or hCG.

Hope that helps. And I would recommend ignoring people picking fights with you. Truth is, I was a little confused by your avatar initially, thinking that you looked pretty damn fit for someone with TT of 350. But then I noticed your weight. FWIW, you don't sound depressed to me; you just sound determined to correct your problem. It's nice to know that we've been graced with a forum member that can diagnosis psychiatric illness (i.e., the guy that called you depressed).

Hang in there, bro. You'll get there. And you have friends on the board that will try and help you.

J

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Go to the AAS site a look up docs in your area. Call and ask whether the doc prescribes Clomid. If you are willing to travel, go see one of the docs frequently recommended on this site.

Generally, endos will NOT prescribe clomid, hCG or arimidex to men to increase test. The standard of care is test gel or injections, primarily the former, thanks to big Pharma, though the new longer acting esters are being promoted now, as they are brand-name only, and thus more expensive. That's the system you are dealt. But there are ways around it -- treat yourself, which I don't recommend; or find a progressive doctor (i.e., antiaging or a osteopath).

As for the source of your problem, I don't think you will get a clear answer to that one without trying a restart. You can do a 24 hr urine catch for LH, and a pituitary MRI, but you still may not have the answers. Most MRIs come back negative. Mine did. But something was still broken, and the hCG experiment confirmed that.

You are on the borderline of being hypogonadal (the reference range for which is not age specific, according to the general guidelines: TT below 250; FT below 45. And I believe many on this board would consider you hypogonadal for your age. If you saw 10 typical endos, a few would consider you hypogonadal for your age, the others would tell you that you are suboptimal, and you just have to live with it. My endo would probably prescribe you Test gel; my GP (who specializes in exotic illness and has an antiaging valance to his practice) would recommend a clomid restart or hCG.

Hope that helps. And I would recommend ignoring people picking fights with you. Truth is, I was a little confused by your avatar initially, thinking that you looked pretty damn fit for someone with TT of 350. But then I noticed your weight. FWIW, you don't sound depressed to me; you just sound determined to correct your problem. It's nice to know that we've been graced with a forum member that can diagnosis psychiatric illness (i.e., the guy that called you depressed).

Hang in there, bro. You'll get there. And you have friends on the board that will try and help you.

J
Thanks bro really want to get to the bottom of this and people like you and others on this board make it easier. Give me a little time and i will find out what is wrong or at least treat it. I see my endo tomorrow oh yeah fun. I am going to go with a similar list as to what JanSz suggests. Next step might be to get treatment else where which is going to mean traveling maybe.