High T High SHBG

snake33

Awards
44 year old male ED Recent blood tests Serum testosterone 27.0 nmol/L (9.9 - 27.8)
Serum SHBG OR 103 nmol/L (15 - 70)
TSH 1.49 mu/L (0.40 - 5.00)
Free T4 Level 16.3 pmol/L (11.0 -23.0)
Would value some insight as to the best way forward UK based so testing is mega ££

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
ARe you on thyroid meds, I do not see estrogen levels or igf-1 levels checked here either..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
44 year old male ED Recent blood tests Serum testosterone 27.0 nmol/L (9.9 - 27.8)
Serum SHBG OR 103 nmol/L (15 - 70)
TSH 1.49 mu/L (0.40 - 5.00)
Free T4 Level 16.3 pmol/L (11.0 -23.0)
Would value some insight as to the best way forward UK based so testing is mega ££
I think this is an record

SHBG=103

requires primary attention
---------------------------------------
Read thru all four pages of my thread:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

snake33

Awards
I have not been on any meds for the last 20 Years ! I eat very clean 98% Paleo since Xmas,Plus some intermitant fasting
and short workouts 2 to 3 times a week, I am stressed but can't understand why my SHBG is sky high. The DR said there was nothing to worry about!
Will try to push for more tests, was thinking to try nettle root aand More zinc before Arimdex

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have not been on any meds for the last 20 Years ! I eat very clean 98% Paleo since Xmas,Plus some intermitant fasting
and short workouts 2 to 3 times a week, I am stressed but can't understand why my SHBG is sky high. The DR said there was nothing to worry about!
Will try to push for more tests, was thinking to try nettle root aand More zinc before Arimdex
This is not a SHBG level that would budge when you use nettle.

If you are up to, you may want to contact HAN.
Discuss your diet with him, you may be hurting your self with your diet if you have got something out of kilter.

More or same importance would be getting wery thorough "normal" blood and urine testing, that is testing at Quest Diagnostics, (per list on post #44 on my thread)
also you should do nutritional testing at Genova Diagnostics.
For starters these tests:

NutrEval
Hair Analysis
EstroEssence Complete 24hr
CDSA 2.0

This is fishing expedition.
After you get above done, you will be in position to be more specific.
==========================================
You may want to argue and do little testing and lots of guessing, your choice.

There is medicine (forgot its name) that reduces SHBG,
I would make sure to not use it, well possibly 3 years from now, if you tried everything else and failed.
./

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
This is not a SHBG level that would budge when you use nettle.

If you are up to, you may want to contact HAN.
Discuss your diet with him, you may be hurting your self with your diet if you have got something out of kilter.

More or same importance would be getting wery thorough "normal" blood and urine testing, that is testing at Quest Diagnostics, (per list on post #44 on my thread)
also you should do nutritional testing at Genova Diagnostics.
For starters these tests:

NutrEval
Hair Analysis
EstroEssence Complete 24hr
CDSA 2.0

This is fishing expedition.
After you get above done, you will be in position to be more specific.
==========================================
You may want to argue and do little testing and lots of guessing, your choice.

There is medicine (forgot its name) that reduces SHBG,
I would make sure to not use it, well possibly 3 years from now, if you tried everything else and failed.
./
If through further examination one could fine that it would be nutrient imbalanced related. I have came across this several times in the past. People goto dr to dr looking for some medical explaination when it is right there under your nose all the time, but they do not take time to look at the simpliest solution. Instead they respond with that you are a hypochondriac or give you some antidpressant. I have been down that road before myself so I understand peoples frustration. Now when a person comes to me I get right down to the chase and look for possible root causes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pro Bodybuilding 41
35 and Older 7
General Chat 0
Supplements 1
Supplements 0