Got test tesults from blood work- kind of alarmed

intenceman

Awards
Hi all. I just got my results back. Before I give them, a bit of background. Im 48, 6'2" 240 lbs. I Was on HRT for several years, since 2001 but last year my clinic was closed down and I had to kind of go underground to get test- only 100 mg a week after being on 200 mg a week for 10 weeks. Ok present day. Test came back at only 168, very low, my lowest yet. Even more alarming, my IGF is only 55. He said those readings are some of the lowest he's had. He wants to give me 400 mg of test ethanate a week and 4 ius of GH, though he said I can go ok on 2 iUs. He feels my levels aren't just too low for bodybuilding, they are low enough to present potential health risks.I because it is expensive. Im game for this, but is awfully pricey. Question for the experts- do I need the GH? If I just with test, what will that amount do for me? If I can come up with the money for GH, what is the cost/benefit ratio? I am a competitive bodybuilder, did the Masters Nationals and the USA ths year, but didn't place high- with such low hormone levels, Im surprised I was able to do what I did. (I train really hard- heavy, kind of Mentzer style) any help, feedback is welcome.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi all. I just got my results back. Before I give them, a bit of background. Im 48, 6'2" 240 lbs. I Was on HRT for several years, since 2001 but last year my clinic was closed down and I had to kind of go underground to get test- only 100 mg a week after being on 200 mg a week for 10 weeks. Ok present day. Test came back at only 168, very low, my lowest yet. Even more alarming, my IGF is only 55. He said those readings are some of the lowest he's had. He wants to give me 400 mg of test ethanate a week and 4 ius of GH, though he said I can go ok on 2 iUs. He feels my levels aren't just too low for bodybuilding, they are low enough to present potential health risks.I because it is expensive. Im game for this, but is awfully pricey. Question for the experts- do I need the GH? If I just with test, what will that amount do for me? If I can come up with the money for GH, what is the cost/benefit ratio? I am a competitive bodybuilder, did the Masters Nationals and the USA ths year, but didn't place high- with such low hormone levels, Im surprised I was able to do what I did. (I train really hard- heavy, kind of Mentzer style) any help, feedback is welcome.
You have to have everything else in line before you use HGH.
Using testosterone injections 100mg/week getting readings TT=168 means that you are on wrong schedule.
400mg/week is too much.

Without your blood tests it is hard to say what is the right dose for you.

Best would be if you did good blood test and posted results here.
List for testing is on my post #44
between blue lines.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html
--------------------------------------
If you are not going to do that test for a while try this:

Use this needles:
Miva Merchant: Fatal Error
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

Use Depo-testosterone 200mg/mL

Use EOD schedule, every other day.
day #1 T shot 28units=56mg
day #2 500iu HCG shot

You average weekly testosterone dose will be
56*7/2=196mg

Draw blood 48 hrs after T-shot

If you have your SHBG and Albumin I could give you better suggestion.

The goals that you want from use of testosterone is

BAT~575(if you do testing at Quest Diagnostics using the right test)
FreeT~300 (using chart)(if you can't go to Quest)
DHT- in upper range or slightly over
E2=estradiol-ultrasensitive=(15-30) fine tuned by nightly rection
-----------------------------------------------------
After you come with results of you blood test there may be adjustments to test dose and many other suggestions.

After you adress those issues you may be ready for small amounts of HGH, I mean amounts of HGH that will bring your IGF readings to upper part on range.
IGF-1 (75-228) ng/mL
=====================================
Read this
T-Nation.com | Question of Strength

and eat

Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets

I eat 4-6 tablets with meals 2-3 times/day
You needs may wary, depending on your gastric acids.
When warm in stomach, back out one pill.