**bloodwork In**need "expert" Advice On Restart Protocol/test Increase**

JoshNyce

JoshNyce

Awards
**Bloodwork In** Need "Expert" Advice On Restart Protocol/test Increase**

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet as I have my bloodwork to post. But basically, over a year ago I did a cycle that shut me down pretty bad. I unfortunately had a really bad case of food poisoning/stomach flu like symptoms for well over a week. This week fell on the week of starting pct. Well its been over a year and my test levels aren't the greatest, but they aren't the best either. I am turning 26 next month, getting married on top of that and my libido is in the gutter. I have read numerous blogs from "Leanguy" and "King" stating how they started a clomid regimine everday for roughly 4-6 weeks at roughly 25 mg per day. I was wondering if I should do the same and add some other ancillary products along with the clomid (diesel test/activate extreme, and AI??)

I went to my physician 2 months ago and she prescribed me androgel. The androgel worked to get my energy levels back to a decent but not awesome level, yet my libido has lagged considerably. I can go 3-6 days without even having the desire to have any sexual contact. I was wondering what I could do to restart and kick my pituatary back in working order. I have tried natural supplements for my libido and even did a nolvadex protocol this past december due to a board members suggestion. Both did helped a little temporarily to get everything in working order. I went to an Endocrinologist 2 weeks ago and he said that my test levels were "in range". Needless to say I beg the differ as it takes an act of congress to get it up and going. The "boys" are also not hanging low and I seem to be detached from them. Its almost like I'm having an out of body experience. Please help and let me know what type of protocol I need to start in order to get my stuff in working order again. I need to get everything back into normalcy before I take the plunge this november. Below are my test results. One love from NYC.

Total Test: 518 NG/DL Expected Range: 240-950
Free Test: 13.00 Expected Range: 9-30
Bioavailable Test: 130 Expected Range: 83-257

DHEA SULFATE : 231 Expected Range: 110-510 mcg/dL
T-4, Free : 1.0 Expected Range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
TSH, 3rd Generation: 2.03 Expected Range: .40-4.50 miU/L
PSA , Total :0.2 Expected Range: less then or = 4.0

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet as I have my bloodwork to post. But basically, over a year ago I did a cycle that shut me down pretty bad. I unfortunately had a really bad case of food poisoning/stomach flu like symptoms for well over a week. This week fell on the week of starting pct. Well its been over a year and my test levels aren't the greatest, but they aren't the best either. I am turning 26 next month, getting married on top of that and my libido is in the gutter. I have read numerous blogs from "Leanguy" and "King" stating how they started a clomid regimine everday for roughly 4-6 weeks at roughly 25 mg per day. I was wondering if I should do the same and add some other ancillary products along with the clomid (diesel test/activate extreme, and AI??)

I went to my physician 2 months ago and she prescribed me androgel. The androgel worked to get my energy levels back to a decent but not awesome level, yet my libido has lagged considerably. I can go 3-6 days without even having the desire to have any sexual contact. I was wondering what I could do to restart and kick my pituatary back in working order. I have tried natural supplements for my libido and even did a nolvadex protocol this past december due to a board members suggestion. Both did helped a little temporarily to get everything in working order. I went to an Endocrinologist 2 weeks ago and he said that my test levels were "in range". Needless to say I beg the differ as it takes an act of congress to get it up and going. The "boys" are also not hanging low and I seem to be detached from them. Its almost like I'm having an out of body experience. Please help and let me know what type of protocol I need to start in order to get my stuff in working order again. I need to get everything back into normalcy before I take the plunge this november. Below are my test results. One love from NYC.

NEED more testing to rule out other things.
ultra sensative estrodial
ft3
reverse t3
dht
free test is invalid reading
glucose
ha1c

T4 is low needs to be 1.3-1.5 range.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I would also test your LH & FSH to see the degree of shutdown. But like Matrix said, it sounds like you have more going on than testosterone... I am going thru the same thing... my T is decent, about 650 but don't "feel" it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would also test your LH & FSH to see the degree of shutdown. But like Matrix said, it sounds like you have more going on than testosterone... I am going thru the same thing... my T is decent, about 650 but don't "feel" it.
REceptors are being blocked most likely probably from estrogen or insulin, cortisol.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
REceptors are being blocked most likely probably from estrogen or insulin, cortisol.
I would say def insulin or cortisol, if it was estrogen you should be noticing it in a few ways, cortisol levels are probably high, stress over the way you feel probably is keeping them higher, and if your insulin levels are high, your growth hormone will be low, i read a study on how growth hormone levels being normal, tied in with a health libidoy, but i cant find the study now, il keep looking.
Cortisol can really block your receptors up, 11-oxo, and cissus drol are great for that, plus l-carnatine.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would say def insulin or cortisol, if it was estrogen you should be noticing it in a few ways, cortisol levels are probably high, stress over the way you feel probably is keeping them higher, and if your insulin levels are high, your growth hormone will be low, i read a study on how growth hormone levels being normal, tied in with a health libidoy, but i cant find the study now, il keep looking.
Cortisol can really block your receptors up, 11-oxo, and cissus drol are great for that, plus l-carnatine.
identify the imbalances if cortisol is high or low - rhiens urine test 24 hour gold standard. 2 hour glucose/insulin tolerance test challenge answers both questions

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Since you have already tried restart and it did not worked,
you should see dr John, Lansing MI.

The workaround that you will get here may not work as expected, besides you will be oscilating from one to another advice without any real plan to solve your problem.

If you still want to make your own guesses then do my list post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

also do NutrEval test at Genova Diagnostics:

NutrEval - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

===========
Yeah, you are in NY state.

Genova do not operate there.

Doctors in NY State have additional limits when dispensing Testosterone, they will not let you go as high as you may need. At least that was reported by RubyHulihan.
This limitation may not be super critical, but there is limitation.

Move to another state.

pete073

Awards
dont waste your time and continue taking medications and experimenting. Pay attention to your life style. Is it in good order? Make sure you are eating enough! If you are working out daily I wood suggest a minimum of 2800 better 3000 calories a day, and if your trying to get cut up never ever go below 2400 cal. If you make the mistake like most people do that work out and eat every thing lean / fat free etc... your probably consuming less aroun 1800 calories a day or less. My body burns about 2500 calories a day by just sitting down not moving . If you consume to few calories , what happens? Well you lose muscle (its hard to put on muscle) , you start feeling shitty weak , tired etc, you loose your sex drive ( your reproductive system shuts down to conserve energy), depression , anxiety , panic attacks, slow your metabolism, retain water and a host of other terrible side effects. I can a sure you this is the problem with 75% on people posting here the are eating to little there reproductive system is shutting down. I went for years eating between 1500-2000 calories and I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism by these so called DOCTORS. The only problem I had was eating to few calories that shut down my reproductive system. I soon as I started eating normal 2800-3500 calories my testicle fell down and started hurting from all the T production it worked better than hcg , sex drive went thru the roof and morning woods that were painful. I no longer suffer from what the DOCTORS thought I had secondary hypogonadism. I am normal now. There is no problem taking Testosterone your body will produce again after you stop , if your eating enough of course. There is studies using testosterone as a male contraceptive and guess after the stop taking the testosterone the reproductive system goes right back to functioning normal so can be fertile and have kids. do the research semistarvation diet and the reproductive system. you dont have to look like skin and bones , you may look perfectly normal and still be consuming low calories. Remember your metabolism slows so you dont ever get that thin unless you completely stop eating. Well hope this help. I dont think peoples hormonal axis are that screwed up here. There is a cause!

JoshNyce

JoshNyce

Awards
ft3
reverse t3
dht
glucose
ha1c

If I ask to get my blood redrawn again for the following tests, what products/medications would help for some of those deficiencies?

JoshNyce

JoshNyce

Awards
Alright, so I got the bloodwork done that everyone requested so that ya'll could get a better picture of how to assist me. Like I said before, everything appears to be fine but my libido. Its not completely shot, but it isn't where it should be or once was. The endo told me that my levels appear to be "ok" and that if I continue to have problems to go to a urologist. I appreciate everyone's input through this problem I have been dealing with for months. Now is the time to come up with a game plan/regimine to get it going again. I would like to hear your recommendations on what I should take/dosages etc. etc…. Here are my results along with the testosterone bloodwork from above.

FSH: 3.4 MIU/ML Expected Range: 1.5 - 14.0
LH: 4.6 MIU/ML Expected Range: 1.0 - 9.0
Prolactin: 9.5 NG/ML Expected Range: 3.0 - 30.0
Estradiol: 14.9 PG/ML Expected Range: 10 - 42
Estrone: 34.1 PG/ML Expected Range: 9 - 36
Total Estrogens: 49.0 PG/ML Expected Range: 19 - 69
IGF-1: 178 NG/ML Expected Range: 116 - 358
Aldosterone: 14.0 NG/DL Expected Range: 4.0 - 31.0

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so I got the bloodwork done that everyone requested so that ya'll could get a better picture of how to assist me. Like I said before, everything appears to be fine but my libido. Its not completely shot, but it isn't where it should be or once was. The endo told me that my levels appear to be "ok" and that if I continue to have problems to go to a urologist. I appreciate everyone's input through this problem I have been dealing with for months. Now is the time to come up with a game plan/regimine to get it going again. I would like to hear your recommendations on what I should take/dosages etc. etc…. Here are my results along with the testosterone bloodwork from above.

You are normal......

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

==================================================
HAN
ft3
reverse t3
dht
glucose
ha1c

HAN
HAN
identify the imbalances if cortisol is high or low - rhiens urine test 24 hour gold standard.
2 hour glucose/insulin tolerance test challenge answers both questions
New test today, 8/21/08
My action items for you,
(I am not a doctor, JanSz)

If you want to save money on testing, do it in this increasing sequence, best all at once:
--------
you are still missing DHT, Albumin and SHBG
--------
Your currenty available FreeT4 is low, you already know that there is defficiency there, test thyroid, at least once test it thouroghly, and cursory on Adrenals:
T3 Free
T4,Free
reverse T3 (rT3)
Ultrasensitive TSH
Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)
iodine
Selenium
Zinc
Copper
DHEA
Cortisol AM/PM
--------
3 hour glucose/insulin tolerance test challenge,
zero
30min
1hr
1:30hr
2hr
3hr

eat two heaping plates of pasta or pica pie each day for three days before this test.
12 hr fast before test
----------
rheins urine test 24 hour
or Genova
Estroessence Complete
============================================================

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

This shows me nothng LOL :toilet:
need more thyroid tests to rule out thise. Estrodial looks like it was for a women not a male.
Total estrogens are useless for a male.
all else looks normal low t4 is a factor out of all of this but need further thyroid testing. Your tsh is right on that boarderline of 2 ish which could indicate potential thyroid problems

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
FYI My doctors have ruled out thyroid problems.
Tell your doc that he is full of it,
and ask him for the list of test that I have given you.

Change doctor if this one gives you misinformation.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have not had any luck with doctors in NYC. I would do yourself a favor and if it's worth that much to you, take a visit out of state to see Dr. Crisler.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Tell your doc that he is fuul of it,
and ask him for the list of test that I have given you.

Change doctor if this one gives you misinformation.
What he said. There are good dr's around thats for sure. What area are you from?

JoshNyce

JoshNyce

Awards
Im from Dallas, Tx. It would be nice to get a better doctor who knows some things.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
if your in dallas make the trip to houston. lots of dr's down there that will glady do this for you

if you need some names... pm me

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One love from NYC.
sorry, that confused me a lil :think:
But yeah, definitely find a new Dr.

Check out Life Extension Foundation's website to locate a new one in your area, or the Dr finder in the sticky above.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
sorry, that confused me a lil :think:
But yeah, definitely find a new Dr.

Check out Life Extension Foundation's website to locate a new one in your area, or the Dr finder in the sticky above.
Probably his real name which is not a good idea :nono:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm just saying I thought he's from nyc ;) confused me + jansz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoshNyce Post Cycle Therapy 13