Men's Issues

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We will start to cover a lot of men's issues at the LG Sciences forum. I am a very strong male right advocate and I think men have been getting the raw deal in our society for quite a long time and enough is enough.

To start, I would like everyone to look at a book called "The Myth Of Male Power" which details the BULLSHIT that women's groups push in the media about how women are treated unfairly.

Unfair?

Do you realize that women have over 80% of the spending power in a family? Even though men supposedly make more than women...

Men coming out of relationships are much more likely to commit suicide then women...

30% of Women will take back a cheating spouse where 70% of men will...

In the first Gulf War, there was a 3-1 ratio of men to women yet the men die at a 9-1 ratio...the media reports that women share the same "duties" as the men and the same risk...how do you explain a 9-1 death rate then?

I will follow with even more cool stats that will provide food for thought.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Good posting. I do believe woman have more of an adavantage over men in every aspect of life.
I fully agree. Sadly, I'm used to this.. I'm sure we all are :(

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I took a class on Sociology of Gender , aka man hatin' 101, and it is ridiculous some of the stuff they were trying to teach us. Did you know most feminist consider it oppressive to hold a door open for a women because it implies that they are to weak to do it themselves. Needless to say I have not held a door for a woman from that class since. Would have loved some info like this during that class.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good posting. I do believe woman have more of an adavantage over men in every aspect of life.
Really? We operate in a capital system based on patriarchy. Property rights were primarily male, and not much has changed; Judeo-Christian society as a whole is patriarchal, period.

I'm sure men are subject to sexual assault to a greater degree than women....oh wait. :(

Well, women must control a greater share of the world's largest TNC/NGOs/Fortune 500.....oops. :(

Well, the top 5% of wage-earners must be primarily female....nope, not that either. :(

Hmm...the judicial system? No, try again...:(

Political representation in either Canada or the US's parliament houses.....:(

Men are subject to objectification in media en masse...fvck, I am striking out here...:(

A greater proportion of the bottom 5% of wage earners are male?...Nope, opposite again. :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Umm...men are exposed to environmental harm to a more veracious degree due to critical encounters between harmful climatic elements and patriarchal structures of capital?...Man! What the fvck? Give me something! :(

Men in developing countries face a tangible reality of poverty, or prostitution?...:(

I respect, though do not agree, with the sentiment being expressed here, but it is horribly misinformed. If you feel we have reached gender equity at this point, you are not paying attention. Some of the more stringent feminists bother me completely, I agree there - however, to say women are advantaged daily is ridiculous.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe 1/4 males has been sexually assaulted by a close friend or family member...no?....really?...kay hold on... :(

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess it depends where in the U.S. that you live. In northern New England its full of feminist/Carpet Munchers/Lilly lickers. However if you live in the South, it is a different story.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait! I have it! Men worker longer hours, especially in developing nations?...No, dammit..:(

Well, men consistently perform unpaid domestic labour constituting the aptly named, 'second shift', right?...No? That is women too? Wtf?! :(

Wait, wait. The AIDS epidemic is very equally distributed upon engendered lines, right?..No, dammit. :(

Okay, okay, what about violence? Men are subjected to way more female-to-male violence, especially in a domestic respect, right? Wrong again?! :(

Alright, well sexual mutilation, there we go, that is an inherently female-to-male phenomena in tribal communities, right? No? Faack! :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess it depends where in the U.S. that you live. In northern New England its full of feminist/Carpet Munchers/Lilly lickers. However if you live in the South, it is a different story.
This is not a geographical issue, but a human one. If you feel males and females populate the United States exclusively, you are also not paying attention.

Over-zealous feminists bother the hell out of me. There is a point of political correctness - that they often cross - that one should adhere to. Overrepresenting that level of 'PC' can be obnoxious. However, we are not approaching gender equity anytime soon.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, I am still in shock I am listening to presumably white, middle-class males complain about their socio-economic status. You have to be fvcking kidding me!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I do have to agree with Mullet here gender equality has not been reached but it is nice to see both sides of the story.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Equity means economic, social, cultural and political equality between genders, not either gender holding an upper hand. Feminist groups can seem obnoxious in their demands, but they are not operating on a level playing field.

Anyway, I saw this thread and was flabbergasted. I really have nothing else to contribute because it is not even up for debate. Before I do leave, a question: I know about 5 females, relatively close to me, who have been raped by someone whom was close to them. How many of you have been personally raped, or know another male who was?

Pfft, female bias, give me a fvcking break.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Mullet. As a divorced woman I can tell you we don't automatically have the advantage. In the job market I don't get paid more or get special advantages.

I also don't get protected in the court sysytem any easier. You know I had an ex that was violent and I tried to get a restraining order. I had a multitude of police runs where he corned me and chased me...did I get the order..nope! They told me he had to hit me first. So basically I had to have what the order is supposed to prevent in order to actually get the help.

I also have no problem with a guy opening a door for me. I find it very sweet. However I will do the same..its respect not feminism.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, well sexual mutilation, there we go, that is an inherently female-to-male phenomena in tribal communities, right? No? Faack! :(
Are you counting Circumcision in that?

I think you misspoke. :)

(other than that, got it nailed so far.)

EDIT: Ok, technically this country is NOT a tribal community in a direct manner, though the argument can be made that it still applies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you counting Circumcision in that?

I think you misspoke. :)

(other than that, got it nailed so far.)
Truth. However, I was alluding to clitoral removal in African (and some SouthEast Asian) tribal communities upon puberty.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Look, you can certainly point out many things that are done to women and it is true that they have additional issues, but the foreign issues you bring up do not impact us as a society (also, please try not to speak in rhetorical statements, since it really makes it tough to read, not criticizing as much as saying it is tough to read). I am not saying that they are not important, just that they are not something we can effect in general. What I personally want is equal rights. It is so funny that if a man has issues that are unfair and unequal, instead of focusing on those issues, it is presumed that they are not important because women also have issues to contend with in life.

You have good points, but they are certainly debatable. For example:

Your economic statistics are biased by the fact that men are forced into higher pressure roles, while women overwhelmingly choose positions and professions that give them a greater quality of life vs. earning potential. So, the bias is one that is possibly due to these choices and there is good data to support this argument. Also, why is EARNING placed above all other things in this society? Is it possible that earning isn't really as important if your life is 10 years shorter?

What I am for is equal treatment for all people and that mens issues have just as much importance in the world than women's issues. We don't at all focus on men's issues, which is what spurred this on. So, as usual, just because women have issues, men's issues which are germane to me, are minimized and I think that is wrong.

If society can focus on men's issues, perhaps we can help eliminate these issues for all people.

As for violence, that is really a very ugly situation, since I would wager that emotional abuse (which is largely uncounted) has just as big an impact on society as physical abuse.

The point stands that men have a very tough time in society and are subject to unfair treatment under the law in so many cases. Not to minimized women's issues, but there are already groups that push that agenda.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really? We operate in a capital system based on patriarchy. Property rights were primarily male, and not much has changed; Judeo-Christian society as a whole is patriarchal, period.

I'm sure men are subject to sexual assault to a greater degree than women....oh wait. :(
Can't argue that.

Well, women must control a greater share of the world's largest TNC/NGOs/Fortune 500.....oops. :(
Men do it

Well, the top 5% of wage-earners must be primarily female....nope, not that either. :(

Hmm...the judicial system? No, try again...:(

Political representation in either Canada or the US's parliament houses.....:(

Men are subject to objectification in media en masse...fvck, I am striking out here...:(

A greater proportion of the bottom 5% of wage earners are male?...Nope, opposite again. :(
Women get into night clubs for free before 10pm. Boom, you've been refuted :hammer: Just kidding.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look, you can certainly point out many things that are done to women and it is true that they have additional issues, but the foreign issues you bring up do not impact us as a society (also, please try not to speak in rhetorical statements, since it really makes it tough to read, not criticizing as much as saying it is tough to read). I am not saying that they are not important, just that they are not something we can effect in general.
Incorrect. Cultures of sexuality are general by nature - reciprocally enforced and agreed upon by all members of coherent 'society', as you put it. Our current economy of sexual power lays squarely in male hands, and via that inequity sexual assaults are readily committed upon females. Of course you can affect it, you choose not to.

What I personally want is equal rights. It is so funny that if a man has issues that are unfair and unequal, instead of focusing on those issues, it is presumed that they are not important because women also have issues to contend with in life.
I never said your issues were unimportant, merely you are uninformed. See the following:

You have good points, but they are certainly debatable. For example:

Your economic statistics are biased by the fact that men are forced into higher pressure roles, while women overwhelmingly choose positions and professions that give them a greater quality of life vs. earning potential. So, the bias is one that is possibly due to these choices and there is good data to support this argument. Also, why is EARNING placed above all other things in this society? Is it possible that earning isn't really as important if your life is 10 years shorter?
Incorrect. Women are most often relegated to their occupation, as hiring-bias still exists in a larger portion of the world. Affirmative action has unfortunately convoluted the issue, but to say women CHOOSE unpaid domestic labor and prostitution is beyond ridiculous. Your point is not well made here, as neither are men forced into higher paying, 'higher pressure' situation.

What I am for is equal treatment for all people and that mens issues have just as much importance in the world than women's issues. We don't at all focus on men's issues, which is what spurred this on. So, as usual, just because women have issues, men's issues which are germane to me, are minimized and I think that is wrong.
That is my point, if it is yours, you are making it very poorly.

As for violence, that is really a very ugly situation, since I would wager that emotional abuse (which is largely uncounted) has just as big an impact on society as physical abuse.
Your point here?

The point stands that men have a very tough time in society and are subject to unfair treatment under the law in so many cases. Not to minimized women's issues, but there are already groups that push that agenda.
Shared custody cases, that is about it.

I made approximately twenty points, which I can call up the data if need be. You argued two of them, very poorly, so I feel you have made my case for me.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To answer your question, I know many men who have been "date raped" even though it is not called that since men are not subject to "rape". My own brother woke up from being drunk to find a woman in his dorm on top of him. Is that rape? I have been pressured in 90% of my relationships to have sex quite honestly. Not that I am opposed to sex, but the pressure was quite heavy in so many cases. I tried to refrain because I didn't want the "now that we slept together you are not dating anyone else" speech.

Have you ever been pressured into having sex? I certainly have on more occasions that I care to recognize. As I got older I didn't rush into sex because I didn't want the aggravation of someone thinking she "sacrificed" something. Last I checked sex is pleasurable for both parties...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To answer your question, I know many men who have been "date raped" even though it is not called that since men are not subject to "rape". My own brother woke up from being drunk to find a woman in his dorm on top of him. Is that rape? I have been pressured in 90% of my relationships to have sex quite honestly. Not that I am opposed to sex, but the pressure was quite heavy in so many cases. I tried to refrain because I didn't want the "now that we slept together you are not dating anyone else" speech.

Have you ever been pressured into having sex? I certainly have on more occasions that I care to recognize. As I got older I didn't rush into sex because I didn't want the aggravation of someone thinking she "sacrificed" something. Last I checked sex is pleasurable for both parties...
Please for the love of all holy fvcking unicorns please tell me you are not trying to argue that men are subject to the same levels of sexual assault as females..please...just say it ain't so. My head literally may spontaneously explode off of my body.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not in defense or prosecution of either case, just sharing this story because of the post above me. My friend got drunk, passed out and woke up with a girl flossing her teeth with his little buddy, but he pretended to still be asleep and let it go on.

Edit: Okay, Mullet got there too soon, the one above Mullet.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Of course not...women, being usually physically weaker are subject to far higher rates of sexual assault. Does that make the cases where it does happen less valid?

Why is it that it isn't ok to provide a counter point without the men's issue being minimized? This is the whole problem in my eyes. We are not discussing women's issues here, we are discussing men's issues. No offense, but you can find a nice feminist forum if you want. If ONE man has been sexually assaulted by a woman, I would like to provide a place where we can discuss it without being overshadowed by "your issue is nothing compared to women"...minimizing. This is the issue and I think this is EXACTLY how men are being screwed. We can never get to the true men's issues because people like you cry FOUL when men's issues are brought up.

Men have been shut down for so many years in society because we have "5% of the top wage earners"...Yeah, tell that to the guy whose wife ****ed his best friend and yet he still owes alimony. I doubt that it provides much comfort knowing that men as a whole are better off according to the biased statistics.

Men are individuals and should be allowed to have a place to discuss their own issues without being minimized by your feminist propaganda. This, being a 99% male dominated forum is a very good place for that discussion to be facilitated.

Your story and the one of my brother are just the problem...your friend pretended to be asleep because society taught him to not cry "rape". I am sure it happens more often than we care to know. I am sure he didn't think of himself as being raped because of the brain washing that occurs which teaches "women and children first". Why? Why is my life worth less than a woman? Why "women and children first?" Why not just "children first"?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course not...women, being usually physically weaker are subject to far higher rates of sexual assault. Does that make the cases where it does happen less valid?

Why is it that it isn't ok to provide a counter point without the men's issue being minimized? This is the whole problem in my eyes. We are not discussing women's issues here, we are discussing men's issues. No offense, but you can find a nice feminist forum if you want. If ONE man has been sexually assaulted by a woman, I would like to provide a place where we can discuss it without being overshadowed by "your issue is nothing compared to women"...minimizing. This is the issue and I think this is EXACTLY how men are being screwed. We can never get to the true men's issues because people like you cry FOUL when men's issues are brought up.

Men have been shut down for so many years in society because we have "5% of the top wage earners"...Yeah, tell that to the guy whose wife ****ed his best friend and yet he still owes alimony. I doubt that it provides much comfort knowing that men as a whole are better off according to the biased statistics.

Men are individuals and should be allowed to have a place to discuss their own issues without being minimized by your feminist propaganda. This, being a 99% male dominated forum is a very good place for that discussion to be facilitated.

Your story and the one of my brother are just the problem...your friend pretended to be asleep because society taught him to not cry "rape". I am sure it happens more often than we care to know. I am sure he didn't think of himself as being raped because of the brain washing that occurs which teaches "women and children first". Why? Why is my life worth less than a woman? Why "women and children first?" Why not just "children first"?
After all this rhetoric, you still have not refuted a single one of my points objectively. Also, why is that when I disprove your poorly made arguments you relegate me to, 'a female only forum'. What is incredibly ironic about that statement is it reveals one of the most patriarchal aspects of any collective - its language use. Because I do not agree with your short-sighted and misogynistic views, I must be a feminist, and you are equating feminist with 'bad', in this specific respect.

The statistics I have brought up are not bias, in any sense. Most of the stats I brought up are most likely understated due to census error (non-response, inability to collect), or fear-induced non-response (especially in respects to sexual assault).

I am not 'crying foul', I just know you are wrong; while, on the other hand, your tantrum, which has gone from argument to blabber, does make it seem as if you are crying. I am not minimizing anything. If it seems as such, maybe you are reconciling your poorly constructed logic with reality?

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
After all this rhetoric, you still have not refuted a single one of my points objectively. Also, why is that when I disprove your poorly made arguments you relegate me to, 'a female only forum'. What is incredibly ironic about that statement is it reveals one of the most patriarchal aspects of any collective - its language use. Because I do not agree with your short-sighted and misogynistic views, I must be a feminist, and you are equating feminist with 'bad', in this specific respect.

The statistics I have brought up are not bias, in any sense. Most of the stats I brought up are most likely understated due to census error (non-response, inability to collect), or fear-induced non-response (especially in respects to sexual assault).

I am not 'crying foul', I just know you are wrong; while, on the other hand, your tantrum, which has gone from argument to blabber, does make it seem as if you are crying. I am not minimizing anything. If it seems as such, maybe you are reconciling your poorly constructed logic with reality?

I have much respect for you contributions Mullet, but you didn't refute any of LG's points, just interjected your own to show that women in general are disadvantaged in certain ways. We are not here to refute your points; refuting your points isn't what this discussion is about. What's wrong with aknowledging that women can and do have advantages in certain areas and situations? One MUST acknowledge such advantages as are seen in custody cases and divorces/alimony arrangements as well as disadvantages women face in order to be fair. Heck, they get to be an instrument in the creation of new life, something men will never experience, but that's because we are different. Being "Different" from one another INHERENTLY means there will be advantages and disadvantages between men and women. Just because women have disadvantages doesn't mean they don't have any advantages.

I also think you are using a global perspective on these things whereas LG seems to be using a more North American perspective. North America is far more accomodating to women with regard to rights than much of the rest of the world. I think this is where the majority of this aparent disagreement comes from.

I, however would like to have a discussion along the lines proposed by LG instead of having others come in and say: "Wait! We can't have such sentiments or discuss such things because 'this' happened or 'that' has happened." We acknowledge such things, but we wish to MOVE ON, and speak to the original topic.

Thank you

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
My issue, as an intelligent middle class engineer, is that where I work female engineers are given an advantage in the company performance appraisals.

It's akin to me hitting off the men's tees while they hit off the kid's tees.

I'm all for female scientists and engineers - but if we expect solutions to the huge issues facing this world, we really shouldn't be applauding some detail rather ability to perform the task (in my case be a competent engineer).

Other than that - dunno.

I know females that have gotten roommates because they were afraid of whatever. I know some that won't walk or go places late at night on their own.
I went to Wal-mart the other night at 10pm. (Some girls I know wouldn't go to the one that I went to after dark.)

I get what Mullet is saying. Rape and physical abuse is a much bigger issue with women.
Not to say some of us males didn't grow up under a household of physical abuse ourselves.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I work in an office where 2 out of 3 supervisors are female and the manager is female. In my previous job at a home improvement store females got the majority of the "sales specialist" positions where as the majority of the men had "stocking/physical" positions. Though I sold just as much if not more specialist products than my female co-workers, was certified and trained in more equipment, and had more time with the company, they got the sales specialist positions when they came up with the more accomadating scheduals that didn't run crazy hours until 12:00am sometimes. Guess they figured I would do the company more good by lifting heavy things than selling $5,000+ orders more than just in my spare time working there. Our trainer, our HR manager, and our department manager were all female; seemed it was just too much of a girls club to move upward. I moved on to much better things.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have much respect for you contributions Mullet, but you didn't refute any of LG's points, just interjected your own to show that women in general are disadvantaged in certain ways. We are not here to refute your points; refuting your points isn't what this discussion is about.
Incorrect. LG's thesis, self-stated, was the following:

I think men have been getting the raw deal in our society for quite a long time and enough is enough.

To start, I would like everyone to look at a book called "The Myth Of Male Power" which details the BULLSHIT that women's groups push in the media about how women are treated unfairly.

Unfair?
His tone, or his following rhetoric, was not specific, but rather disputing gender inequity as a whole. Maybe he and you are arguing differing points?

What's wrong with aknowledging that women can and do have advantages in certain areas and situations? One MUST acknowledge such advantages as are seen in custody cases and divorces/alimony arrangements as well as disadvantages women face in order to be fair. Heck, they get to be an instrument in the creation of new life, something men will never experience, but that's because we are different. Being "Different" from one another INHERENTLY means there will be advantages and disadvantages between men and women. Just because women have disadvantages doesn't mean they don't have any advantages.
I did, here:

Shared custody cases, that is about
As well as acknowledging the uselessness and unfair nature of affirmative action.

I also think you are using a global perspective on these things whereas LG seems to be using a more North American perspective. North America is far more accomodating to women with regard to rights than much of the rest of the world. I think this is where the majority of this aparent disagreement comes from.
The vast majority of my stats were from a North American perspective. As well, if your Nikes were made in a sweatshop which perpetuates such gender inequities, that is a North American phenomenon. Civil rights, and property or capital rights are different beings; in the latter respect, women are still not equal in North America.

I, however would like to have a discussion along the lines proposed by LG instead of having others come in and say: "Wait! We can't have such sentiments or discuss such things because 'this' happened or 'that' has happened." We acknowledge such things, but we wish to MOVE ON, and speak to the original topic.

Thank you
Despite your wish to separate the two - it will not happen. Why? Because the sentiment, in general, is horribly misinformed. One needs to separate the ability to insist on rights in specific agreements (i.e., divorce court) from general inequity (the overwhelmingly negative experience of everyday life).

Thank you.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Incorrect. LG's thesis, self-stated, was the following:

His tone, or his following rhetoric, was not specific, but rather disputing gender inequity as a whole. Maybe he and you are arguing differing points?

I did, here:

As well as acknowledging the uselessness and unfair nature of affirmative action.

The vast majority of my stats were from a North American perspective. As well, if your Nikes were made in a sweatshop which perpetuates such gender inequities, that is a North American phenomenon. Civil rights, and property or capital rights are different beings; in the latter respect, women are still not equal in North America.

Despite your wish to separate the two - it will not happen. Why? Because the sentiment, in general, is horribly misinformed. One needs to separate the ability to insist on rights in specific agreements (i.e., divorce court) from general inequity (the overwhelmingly negative experience of everyday life).

Thank you.
Points well taken. Perhaps he and I do have different perspectives as well. I guess I have the post reguarding inequalities in cancer treatment in the supp forum that said further discussion would be taking place here framing my desire to hear more about such inequalities I had not heard of before.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
OMG. Just as I sent this I saw a cool comercial on FX for the Prostate Cancer Association. Never seen anything like that before. Unncanny.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Women are no more disadvantage then men. Rape stats are not an indication of Social Status, there crimes Stats.

Who gets rape and why has nothing to do with socials norms sense rape is not condoned as a social norm. If men get shot more, what does that makes us?

Also, social norms also allow for the majority of women to choose there mate.

Men in general date by default, you ask a few girls out and when one says yes, you finally get a chance at being in love, only after she says yes.

Dont kid yourself with this victim mentality that so many women have brainwashed there boys with. Stop being a shamed of being a Man, stop playing the codependant role for the womens movement.

Women should be respected and treat well but not made to be victims, which by the way makes them second class by default.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The point of this topic was to spur on discussion. I think more than anything, my tone was meant to incite some passion and wake more people up to mens issues, which are every bit as important as the women's issues that get pounded down our throats. I couldn't imagine a more eloquent way to phrase it than saludable did. The bullshit is that MEN have all of the advantages and don't need to have their issues recognized or represented.

I believe that we do get a ton of mis-information rammed down our throats and yes, I did spend some time refuting some of your data which is the economic data from mainly north america, which is where we live.

On the topic of civil rights, property and capital rights, I would content that women are every bit on par with men and have some advantages that are uniquely theirs. Try looking at history from a different perspective and you may see something.

Men, are FORCED to provide for the family and women have a "choice" to provide. This simple fact alone can challenge the stats that you provide, since men traditionally have never had a choice whether they should work full time, work over time etc...

94% of the deaths on the job are men. Do women make less? Yep. Wouldn't you expect a workforce that has a 94% to 6% chance of dieing on the job to make more money?

On dates men pay for women about ten times more frequently than women pay for men.

Take the simple unconstitutional nature of selective service. Do you all remember being FORCED to register? 58,000 men died in Vietnam (many against their will) while their female counterparts sat at home. Where is the equality in that my friend? I believe that ALL PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW...not ALL MEN, ALL PEOPLE. Women being people should have to register and serve in a similar capacity.

Prison times:

Number of months sentenced Males vs Females for the same offense:

Rape
Female 117 Months
Male 159 Months

Aggravated Assault
Female 49 Months
Male 83 Months

Buglary
Females 46 Months
Males 66 Monts

Larceny
Females 36 Months
Males 48 Months

Yes, men hold a larger portion of the judicial positions like you say, but overwhelmingly there is a need to "protect" women on the bench and treat them more gently then their male counterparts. Is this power?

Men's prisons? Hell holes... Women's prisons? Usually converted schools. Power here?

What my original point was intended to promote was to get people just like you to understand that ALL people have rights issues, not just women. Women's issues are all we hear about and all that the world seems to care about, but in fact men are too suffering and not the "advantaged" that you consistantly try to prove. Why because we make more money...that's just it isn' t it? All comes down to money.

During the Great Depression men were 650 times more likely to commit suicide than women. So, all along men didn't have a choice and took that forced responsibility very seriously.

Sure, men made more money because we have no choice...we are expected to make money, it is our only life mission and how we are judged.

My favorite commercial...the Trojan ad where all of the men in the bar are pigs until one of them gets a condom. Is it any wonder that society views

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I specifically would agree with women exceeding men in an advantageous way (all aspects), but relationship-wise, female infidelity seems to be climbing. I don't have any data to support this, only my own perspective.

Unfortunately, it is 'ok' since men are animals by default apparently.

Break ups are much, much harder for men. In my own experience and in other's I've seen.

The problem is only mitigated when the women cheats on him. Then suicide is introduced.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now we get to the crux of the issue:

Mullet, I don't blame you since you are taught to just look at a statistic and "nuff said" right? is it Nuff said?

"Hmm...the judicial system? No, try again..."

Yes, the judicial system. Great one. So, by your beliefs and statistics, the greater number of men as judges would then give men the advantage. You cite this as the belief that more male judges give more males power...in the form of preferential treatment under the law.

Isn't that so? Having more men as judges would give men the advantage right? So, in fact a man that goes before a judge has a much greater chance of being in front of a male judge and this then equates into preferential treatment? Right? "try again" Right, isn't that what you said "try again"?

So, if there are more men on the bench and men have more power and thus preferential treatment, then why are men sentenced more harshly?

Rape
Female 117 Months
Male 159 Months

Aggravated Assault
Female 49 Months
Male 83 Months

Buglary
Females 46 Months
Males 66 Monts

Larceny
Females 36 Months
Males 48 Months

This is the myth my friends and why it is USELESS to spout off a bunch of statistics without looking further into them. Isn't the point of POWER to give oneself preferential treatment? Shouldn't more male judges translate into men have the advantage in court and the lesser prison sentences? This is the BULLSHIT I am talking about. The fleecing of our ability to have compassion for ourselves as men.

The point is that men do indeed have more control but that control is largely (in my arguement) used to benefit WOMEN and further eroding of men and the portrayal of men as "animals" and "power mongers" that benefit men only is wrong and destructive to ALL people...men and women.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Really, so for the above points you really think that a male judge should give another male a lesser sentance due to the fact that he is male. Never mind the fact that the crime was a decision that he chose to carry out with no morals or regard for the law.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
what is the sentencing differences for murder men vs women ?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I specifically would agree with women exceeding men in an advantageous way (all aspects), but relationship-wise, female infidelity seems to be climbing. I don't have any data to support this, only my own perspective.

Unfortunately, it is 'ok' since men are animals by default apparently.

Break ups are much, much harder for men. In my own experience and in other's I've seen.

The problem is only mitigated when the women cheats on him. Then suicide is introduced.
This i certainly do agree with! Women cause a helluva lot more emotional pain then most men do. This is something i see everyday. Not easy to back this up with numbers as this kind of trauma doesn'r really get reported but lets face it, its not all about physical abuse. I'd take a snap kick to the head instead of the sh1t my ex put me through any day of the week.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Crader, I am really confused on why you would draw that conclusion due to my points? I detailed how men are penalized more heavily. You then associate that with me thinking that men should serve a lesser penalty?

Wouldn't the logical thing to conclude be that men obviously have no judicial power (except for the judges themselves) and lumping "men" into one group is ignorant. You somehow didn't conclude that, so I must not be communicating properly.

It's logic

The presumption

"men have judicial power and use it to benefit men"

Yet, the data shows that
"men have the judicial power and use it to benefit women"

Shouldn't all people have roughly the same sentencing for the same crime?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This i certainly do agree with! Women cause a helluva lot more emotional pain then most men do. This is something i see everyday. Not easy to back this up with numbers as this kind of trauma doesn'r really get reported but lets face it, its not all about physical abuse. I'd take a snap kick to the head instead of the sh1t my ex put me through any day of the week.
It's not easy to back up with numbers because the media is so busy telling you and me and everyone how "horrible" men are and how women are the disadvantaged ones in this society.

I just demonstrated how a statistic that is improperly used to suggest males have more judicial power is in fact really just the opposite, men are treated more harshly by "society".

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is the myth my friends and why it is USELESS to spout off a bunch of statistics without looking further into them. Isn't the point of POWER to give oneself preferential treatment? Shouldn't more male judges translate into men have the advantage in court and the lesser prison sentences? This is the BULLSHIT I am talking about. The fleecing of our ability to have compassion for ourselves as men.

That is where I drew my conclusion from. I agree that all sentances should be the same.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As far as the relationship issue goes I honestly believe that the hurt is just as bad for both people. I've been hurt to the point of wanting to end it all as well. The thing is its hard to see it from the other sexes views if its happening to you. I know guys who have been hurt and women equally. Emotional pain is not a gender thing.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That is where I drew my conclusion from. I agree that all sentances should be the same.
What I was saying is that if you trust the logic and statistics from Mullet Soldier, then men should have the lesser sentence since men hold the power and the use of that power should equate into lesser sentences. However it is the opposite: men hold the power, but it equates into HIGHER prison sentences. I think all prison sentences should be the same yet somehow for all of this power "men" have we are penalized at a much higher rate.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I agree with crader that it isn't 'easy' for either gender. However if you look at the differences between support systems, the process seems to be a more challenging one to recover from vs. a female. All things equal.

Meaning the male has 5 good friends and the female has 5 good friends.

After my break up awhile back, all my friends did the whole 'let's go out and meet new girls, etc, etc'.

I was already fully aware that this wasnt going to make things better and they were doing the best that they could, however it just wasn't enough.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
One of the TV shows that I'm not sure if it is one, but I really hate, well 2 of them.

1. The Real OC (Orange County) Housewives
2. Sex and the City.

I really, really, really, really hate Sex and the City. All that show portrays is the world is a woman's oyster for sex and men's money. Concidently my ex used to love that show and she was like that. Go figure.

I should have seen that one coming.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I agree with crader that it isn't 'easy' for either gender. However if you look at the differences between support systems, the process seems to be a more challenging one to recover from vs. a female. All things equal.

Meaning the male has 5 good friends and the female has 5 good friends.

After my break up awhile back, all my friends did the whole 'let's go out and meet new girls, etc, etc'.

I was already fully aware that this wasnt going to make things better and they were doing the best that they could, however it just wasn't enough.
Yes of course, guys just don't want to know most of the time.....until it happens to them.

We can be pricks no doubt, i've seen my friends do some dumbs things that hurt their gf's etc but on a whole once the relationship has ended it seems to be the girls that will go out of their way to be spiteful or hurtful to the guy rather then just "getting over it". Ohwell.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
One of the TV shows that I'm not sure if it is one, but I really hate, well 2 of them.

1. The Real OC (Orange County) Housewives
2. Sex and the City.

I really, really, really, really hate Sex and the City. All that show portrays is the world is a woman's oyster for sex and men's money. Concidently my ex used to love that show and she was like that. Go figure.

I should have seen that one coming.
lol good point, every women under the age of 30 loves that show and no doubt would love to have the same lifestyle that those characters have.........just like i want to live like the guys on Entourage!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't like either. I don't like or support the idea that people are just a means to an end or for fun. It demeans people as human beings.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I find that show disgusting too, yet even more disgusting is "Mad About You" where Paul Riser is treated like a complete idiot and always apologizing.

The issue I had with your statements Mullet is not that they are not good fodder for discussion, but that men need a place to discuss their issues without the propaganda being thrown in their faces in such a vicious way. Taking stats like you do without looking at the full ramifications are EXACTLY what the feminists do. The statistic "Men have more judicial power" Look deeper and you will see it isn't at all the case. Men are on the receiving end of hard criminal penalties that women do not have to endure.

Men in my eyes are like the traditional "battered wife syndrome"...so quick to assume the blame and that they are "bad" when in reality men are not "bad" most men don't rape or abuse women and in reality I would say that minus the physical differences, more women hit men than men hit women. I personally have been struck by a woman and it went unreported since the damage wasn't severe (obviously).

The book details that women even admit that they are more likely to strike a man then be struck. I understand the damage differences but the reality is that physical violence is pretty common for both sexes.

Also, an interesting poll showed that 94% of men feel that they have been pressured into sex. The reasons for not wanting sex are clearly different (men usually don't want the commitment aspects) and 97% of women have been pressured for sex. Only a 3% difference. Still, this can be further broken down...I have been with quite a lot of women and most of them ASK me to spank them. Also, many of my female friends in college told me of dumping guys because they are not "men"...one girl went so far as to dump a guy because he asked her if he can kiss her. She said "I don't want to be asked to be kissed, I want him to have the balls to do it.

The book details that at one point the most popular female purchased book was a tale where a man raped a woman and then she went to the prison and fell in love with him... Weird best seller isn't it? Over half of the TV mini-series depict women as the victims of violent struggles... (You know the classic Woman's Husband Abuses Her and She Lights Him On Fire...stories). Men in these stories are depicted as 100% at fault and near animals...the women depicted as completely innocent victims.