Men's Issues - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Men's Issues

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    haha, sorry you see it that way. my wife stuck with me through some lean times when we didn't have much, now that things have improved i like to spoil her. it's a choice I make.
    Good for you, bro - and good for her, sticking with you!
    I'm not questioning your choices at all.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Good for you, bro - and good for her, sticking with you!
    I'm not questioning your choices at all.
    thank you, my friend. after hearing these horror stories i feel truly blessed.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    divorce and alimony court is ridiculously unfair to males; the prostate research example you brought up is very fair and real; why is that women's privacy is, at times, more important than male privacy, and so on.
    Very good points. My father got essentially legally raped by my mother in court when they divorced. I only found out some of the details later when I got older - and it literally scared the sh1t out of me to ever get married. Doesn't help that a few co-workers of mine go the shaft in their divorce too. All of them said "she wasn't that vindictive when I married her."

Interestingly enough, my sister moved in with my Dad, and my co-workers daughter moved in with him - yet BOTH males still had to pay child support for them to their mothers.

(On a side note - my mother was sleeping with her lawyer and told my Dad she'd drag everything out in court until he bled dry because she didn't have to pay a cent).

I also hate that child support is directly connected to how much you earn - not how much is "needed" for a kid. This price only goes up if you get a raise, but does not lower if you take a lower paying job.

However, I will say this - this is the court's problem, not necessarily females. My ex gf is a great example of that. She showed me that not all ex gf's go psycho after.

Women's privacy being more important than a guy's bugs me too. The women had their own individual shower stalls in rez while guys were more open. They're entirely open at the gym I go to, while girls get a divider. Why do ppl think I'm ok with showing off my package? And to top it off - why aren't they protecting ME from these old gay perverts who take hour long showers? Sadly - I somewhat know what girls feel like when oggled like that - it's not fun. (Also went to a gay bar once - wow - some guys are friggen aggresive.)

Ironically my workplace is most likely very different than other places. It's an IT company. I'd say about 95% of the actual "workers" are male. Yet I'd say that 60% of the bosses and leads are female. Why? Well - it's wrong to say so, but it's because most of those girls cannot do the job, but the company is afraid to fire them, so they get promoted into supervisor roles. It's extremely degrading when your supervisors control your job, yet cannot do your job.

As for breakups - yes, much harder on the males. Why? Well - the blame is on the males! Women have superior emotional and social support to lean on. Their female friends are there for them. And because they're like wolves smelling fresh *****, a lot of guys side with the girls too after a breakup.

Guys need to look in the mirror when it comes to this and learn from females. I *think* that was somewhat the idea of this forum - to allow males to feel safe to talk about issues that they would get ridiculed outside of the forum for.
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

approaching 50, you begin to realize your mortality. so much attention/research/money has been dedicated to making breast cancer non-lethal. survival rate of women with breast cancer has improved dramatically in the last decade. whereas it would appear much less resources have been dedicated to prostate cancer. i would be willing to bet that there has been a dramatic increase in men with prostate cancer in last decade, with a high mortality rate. when was the last time you saw a march to wipe out prostate cancer? rarely does it even get mentioned. it would appear that equality is in the eye of the beholder.
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    I would argue that even if Western/Judeo-Christian society is patriarchal it is also the society that spawned the woman's rights movement. I don't think that we will see a woman's right movement getting any traction in the Middle East (outside of Israel) anytime soon. Conversely I predict that post-Christian Europe will see a uptick in the oppression of women as it becomes further inundated with Muslim migrants.
    First off, great points. Well thought and presented.

However, you would be surprised at the women's equity movements currently being carried out in a 'grass roots' fashion in the Middle East. Particularly in respects to art and culture.

Also, Western 'Society' spawned the suffrage and gender equality movements more as a general consequence of our attitudes towards individual freedoms and liberties, rather than as some engendered response. Such a movement occurred here because it was both possible and socially relevant.

As far as the sexual abuse of women, again I don't think we can look to other parts of the globe. Perhaps you take the position that all cultures are equal, and then your position makes some sense. But the idea that all cultures are equal is debatable, and I happen to believe that Western Civilization as a whole is head and shoulders above the rest of the worlds cultures.
    I wouldn't necessarily say culturally we are head and shoulders above the rest, as that implies cultures are quantitatively measured somehow. Technologically, legally, all of that good stuff, most definitely. In terms of qualitative culture (art, music, community) we have very much lost our way. Western Culture is actually somewhat of an oxymoron.

Anyway, with that being said, those statistics were not meant to be comparative, but rather generally indicative of the status of the woman in general, not merely the North American woman. As I said earlier, I do not believe you can, or should, separate rights based solely on Geography. As I saw it, this thread was about Women's Rights, not North American Women's Rights.

That being said we have to look at the root causes of the sexual abuse of women in the West. Offhand I would suggest that they are: criminal rape, incest, and general lewd behavior (if I leave any out forgive me, I am posting en haste). I would suggest that rape, incest, and lewd behavior are the result of behavioral disorders, most of which are the result of the perpetrator being a victim of sexual abuse at some time in his life. So if the perpetrators of sexual abuse against women are men who were sexually abused as children, it would appear that the root cause lies in the victimization of male children.
    I would disagree. Much of the hyper-sexualized attitudes surrounding females are 'encultured' and taught as part of being male, rather than individual personality disorders. In certain respects, via media, education, peers, and so on, young men become entangled with the notion that conceptualizing females in this kind of degradative fashion is 'okay'. I feel that, as a culture-wide aspect, and not merely compounded individual behavior, is a far greater root cause.

A great case-in-point would be the extremely high non-response percentage in man-to-woman domestic abuse cases in the Southern United States (this was a famous case study). These actions were not the result of male-to-male sexual misconduct, but as consequences of a culture of misogyny, hegemonic masculinity, and abuse. When such behavior becomes prevalent, individual psychoses cannot be turned to as a viable explanation - the answer must be cultural, and not individual.

While that experience was relegated to a few States, the non-response statistics from former victims speak to the ubiquitousness of that particular phenomenon across the country. Obviously, the situation is much worse from a global perspective, which I feel we must take into account. Remember: women are women across the globe, not merely in North America.

As far as the judicial system, women fair far better in divorce cases than men.
    No disagreement there!

Concerning the media objectification of women, well lets just look at one of the biggest movies in the country right now: "Sex in the City". No man could possibly portray the modern woman any worse than she is portrayed in that show/movie. I am not saying that the objectification of women is a good thing, but I am making a point that our culture is just all around at a low point.
    I thought our culture was head-and-shoulders above the rest? (just kidding).

I agree that such movies are a response to very unfortunate demand, as well as capitalizing on a very lucrative opportunity. While the individual actors themselves should very well take responsibility for putting out such garbage, female corporate control of media at the highest levels is still negligible. If you want to take umbrage with the general direction of contemporary media decisions, women are not the appropriate avenue of complaint!

As far as women making up a high percentage of low wage earners I would suggest that this is the case because of teenage pregnancy and out of wedlock births. The best way in the world to ensure that you will be poor is to have a child without a father who will stick around and help raise the thing. Again this is has more to do with the decay of our culture way more than it has to do with men "running sh!t".
    Well, it has much more to do (I am assuming you mean in a global perspective, as I did) with women being relegated to secondary economies in developing nations; assuming illegitimate (prostitution, human trade, drug trafficking) economic roles as a response to widespread patriarchy, tradition, and misogynistic attitudes towards women's role in the workplace.

It is also due in large part to the lack of education, and women's traditional role in tribal-styled communities in the developing world. As global capital continues to expand, the traditional role of women in these countries (vanguards of the environment and home, community care, child-rearing) become low-value assets in a capitalistic economies. With little training and education - or opportunities to obtain it due to the reasons mentioned above - women are relegated to poverty.

I feel this is indicative of the general position of women from a global perspective - one of devalued contributions, and the assumptions that only masculine (i.e., profitable) contributions are high-value. A similar attitude, to a lesser degree, is still prevalent in the West. If it was not, the women who still perform almost double the housework of their mates, even in comparable payed work situations, would be payed for their domestic labor!
  6. New Member

regarding research on prostate cancer and other issues dealing with male health, why isn't there a push for more funding for such conditions from the male side?
  7. New Member

"I would disagree. Much of the hyper-sexualized attitudes surrounding females are 'encultured' and taught as part of being male, rather than individual personality disorders. In certain respects, via media, education, peers, and so on, young men become entangled with the notion that conceptualizing females in this kind of degradative fashion is 'okay'. I feel that, as a culture-wide aspect, and not merely compounded individual behavior, is a far greater root cause"

I disagree. This is more of an individual behaviour and to blame it on culture and say its culture's fault is a stretch. Sure the culture can at times teach you that- just like it can teach you to view other races from a negative stance- but whether you choose to endorse and conceptualize that way is in the end entirely up to you. You can hyper-sexualize females or you can look at them in a different manner.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Ladies, ladies, ladies! Please...can't we just agree that we're all equal but some are more equal than others?

Women have more power because we allow them to, if push came to shove you could take measures to ensure that an ex or some pushy women wouldn't screw you around e.g. stop communication, take yourself out of the picture, focus on something you can get to work.

If we're talking about what women and men deserve in terms of power over money, responsibility or wages then I'd say that in my experience in a working class environment that men work harder to meet or exceed a goal whereas women seem more content if they can just get the job done by their deadline whilst chit-chatting to people.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    "I would disagree. Much of the hyper-sexualized attitudes surrounding females are 'encultured' and taught as part of being male, rather than individual personality disorders. In certain respects, via media, education, peers, and so on, young men become entangled with the notion that conceptualizing females in this kind of degradative fashion is 'okay'. I feel that, as a culture-wide aspect, and not merely compounded individual behavior, is a far greater root cause"

I disagree. This is more of an individual behaviour and to blame it on culture and say its culture's fault is a stretch. Sure the culture can at times teach you that- just like it can teach you to view other races from a negative stance- but whether you choose to endorse and conceptualize that way is in the end entirely up to you. You can hyper-sexualize females or you can look at them in a different manner.
    Well, the issue with individualizing this type of behavior is it misinterprets the learned and inherited nature of sexuality. Our predisposition towards sexual behavior is a biological trait, and the attitudes and actions which are predicated upon those predispositions are learned behaviors - that is, an evolutionary-hormonal milieu decides for us at birth who we will love, and our intimate connections (primarily) and 'society at large' (secondarily) help teach us how we will love them.

For example, did you teach yourself how to speak? Or moreover, what your voice would sound like, or how well you would interpret language as a child? Language in itself is very much the same type of behavior as sexuality - partly biological, partly social. While the transmission of sexuality from generation-to-generation is not as direct as say language, it carries all the ubiquitousness and importance.

This isn't to say that 'blips' in the sexual status-quo don't occur, as we all know they do; simply trying to point out that much of what we assume are individual decisions are actually complex interplays between psychological, social, and evolutionary-biological forces!
  10. New Member

Well, the issue with individualizing this type of behavior is it misinterprets the learned and inherited nature of sexuality. Our predisposition towards sexual behavior is a biological trait, and the attitudes and actions which are predicated upon those predispositions are learned behaviors - that is, an evolutionary-hormonal milieu decides for us at birth who we will love, and our intimate connections (primarily) and 'society at large' (secondarily) help teach us how we will love them.

For example, did you teach yourself how to speak? Or moreover, what your voice would sound like, or how well you would interpret language as a child? Language in itself is very much the same type of behavior as sexuality - partly biological, partly social. While the transmission of sexuality from generation-to-generation is not as direct as say language, it carries all the ubiquitousness and importance.

This isn't to say that 'blips' in the sexual status-quo don't occur, as we all know they do; simply trying to point out that much of what we assume are individual decisions are actually complex interplays between psychological, social, and evolutionary-biological forces!
    we can always challenge predispostions and status quos. Biological traits and evolutionary forces are not set in stone. I do believe in the power of individual decisions. Thats not to say that these forces can't help shape the way we perceive and understand things, but these forces don't control us or control our minds. Ultimately it is up to the individual.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

we can always challenge predispostions and status quos. Biological traits and evolutionary forces are not set in stone. I do believe in the power of individual decisions. Thats not to say that these forces can't help shape the way we perceive and understand things, but these forces don't control us or control our minds. Ultimately it is up to the individual.
    Ah, the Myth of the Individual! I know that well!

I suppose you and I will simply disagree on this issue based on our philosophical differences.
  12. Diamond Member

regarding research on prostate cancer and other issues dealing with male health, why isn't there a push for more funding for such conditions from the male side?
    because all the fame and glory, not to mention MONEY is all found on the side of female problems. look at all the stars they have doing osteo commercials on tv. i think every week the local news channels are endorsing one charity or another regarding female concerns. every hospital i know of has a ward dedicated to breast cancer. if men were to push for equality, it would be seen as a threat and considered sexist.
  13. Diamond Member

[QUOTE=Dadof2;1388452]I would argue that even if Western/Judeo-Christian society is patriarchal it is also the society that spawned the woman's rights movement. I don't think that we will see a woman's right movement getting any traction in the Middle East (outside of Israel) anytime soon. Conversely I predict that post-Christian Europe will see a uptick in the oppression of women as it becomes further inundated with Muslim migrants.

this reminds me me of what i consider one of the biggest political blunders in modern history. bill clinton nominating madeline albright as secretary of state, and sending her to negotiate peace in the middle east. that had to be a huge slap in to face to muslim leaders, and as a result moderate leaders, who might have been open to peace overtures instead became more anti-american than ever before. i guess clinton forgot the old maxim 'when in rome, do as the romans'. i am sure there were a number of state department middle eastern specialists who advised against this, but i am sure ole bill put his political aspirations above the good of the country.
  14. New Member

Ah, the Myth of the Individual! I know that well!

I suppose you and I will simply disagree on this issue based on our philosophical differences.
    it is a myth to a certain extent and so is will power but no problem.
  15. New Member

because all the fame and glory, not to mention MONEY is all found on the side of female problems. look at all the stars they have doing osteo commercials on tv. i think every week the local news channels are endorsing one charity or another regarding female concerns. every hospital i know of has a ward dedicated to breast cancer. if men were to push for equality, it would be seen as a threat and considered sexist.
    this has and needs to change. what are the men doing or planning to do about? why are the men not speaking about it more openly for example?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

First off, great points. Well thought and presented.

However, you would be surprised at the women's equity movements currently being carried out in a 'grass roots' fashion in the Middle East. Particularly in respects to art and culture.

Also, Western 'Society' spawned the suffrage and gender equality movements more as a general consequence of our attitudes towards individual freedoms and liberties, rather than as some engendered response. Such a movement occurred here because it was both possible and socially relevant.

I wouldn't necessarily say culturally we are head and shoulders above the rest, as that implies cultures are quantitatively measured somehow. Technologically, legally, all of that good stuff, most definitely. In terms of qualitative culture (art, music, community) we have very much lost our way. Western Culture is actually somewhat of an oxymoron.

Anyway, with that being said, those statistics were not meant to be comparative, but rather generally indicative of the status of the woman in general, not merely the North American woman. As I said earlier, I do not believe you can, or should, separate rights based solely on Geography. As I saw it, this thread was about Women's Rights, not North American Women's Rights.

I would disagree. Much of the hyper-sexualized attitudes surrounding females are 'encultured' and taught as part of being male, rather than individual personality disorders. In certain respects, via media, education, peers, and so on, young men become entangled with the notion that conceptualizing females in this kind of degradative fashion is 'okay'. I feel that, as a culture-wide aspect, and not merely compounded individual behavior, is a far greater root cause.

A great case-in-point would be the extremely high non-response percentage in man-to-woman domestic abuse cases in the Southern United States (this was a famous case study). These actions were not the result of male-to-male sexual misconduct, but as consequences of a culture of misogyny, hegemonic masculinity, and abuse. When such behavior becomes prevalent, individual psychoses cannot be turned to as a viable explanation - the answer must be cultural, and not individual.

While that experience was relegated to a few States, the non-response statistics from former victims speak to the ubiquitousness of that particular phenomenon across the country. Obviously, the situation is much worse from a global perspective, which I feel we must take into account. Remember: women are women across the globe, not merely in North America.

No disagreement there!

I thought our culture was head-and-shoulders above the rest? (just kidding).

I agree that such movies are a response to very unfortunate demand, as well as capitalizing on a very lucrative opportunity. While the individual actors themselves should very well take responsibility for putting out such garbage, female corporate control of media at the highest levels is still negligible. If you want to take umbrage with the general direction of contemporary media decisions, women are not the appropriate avenue of complaint!

Well, it has much more to do (I am assuming you mean in a global perspective, as I did) with women being relegated to secondary economies in developing nations; assuming illegitimate (prostitution, human trade, drug trafficking) economic roles as a response to widespread patriarchy, tradition, and misogynistic attitudes towards women's role in the workplace.

It is also due in large part to the lack of education, and women's traditional role in tribal-styled communities in the developing world. As global capital continues to expand, the traditional role of women in these countries (vanguards of the environment and home, community care, child-rearing) become low-value assets in a capitalistic economies. With little training and education - or opportunities to obtain it due to the reasons mentioned above - women are relegated to poverty.

I feel this is indicative of the general position of women from a global perspective - one of devalued contributions, and the assumptions that only masculine (i.e., profitable) contributions are high-value. A similar attitude, to a lesser degree, is still prevalent in the West. If it was not, the women who still perform almost double the housework of their mates, even in comparable payed work situations, would be payed for their domestic labor!
    Good post.

I am refraining from doing a point by post response as we obviously view the world through different lenses, and when looking at the world through your lense I agree with much of what you say. If we were to discuss the problems women face globally then we would be on the same side of this discussion.

I first look to conditions within the United States, and look no further than Western Civilization. As you pointed out culturally in terms of our art and entertainment we are in terrible shape, but I still look at Western Civilization as the best man has done up until this point in history. When I look at the problems facing my country, and Europe I see the problem as a drifting away from the things that made the West great.

Women are doing good in our culture. In America there are more women graduating from high school and college. Women are making more money, and in some cases making more money for doing the same work. The old tired argument about women making less for doing the same work is generally a numbers game that doesn't take into account the amount of overtime worked, and part time vs full time employment.

All that said I think the OP's heart is in the right place, and I do agree with his idea. Everything today seems to be accomplished by special interest groups and activist. The average guy really has no special interest group to speak of.

Sure we can look at how women are portrayed in the media, but have you noticed lately how men are portrayed? I didn't notice it for the longest time, because I am not overly sensitive and looking for something to be pissed about. Almost every advertisement on tv shows the man in an unflattering light, whether it be as a buffoon, someone in hysterics, or at the very least a guy who is not as smart as his wife.

Maybe we need something to balance out feminism, perhaps a "masculinism" movement is necessary.
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Maybe we need something to balance out feminism, perhaps a "masculinism" movement is necessary.
    Considering the history of hegemonic masculinity, an out-and-out masculinism would be no doubt an affront to the progress made in civil/gender/racial rights movements everywhere (let us remember that the white male is conflated with a great number of unfortunate events - some warranted, some not so much).

I agree a reclamation, if there can be such a thing, of the masculine form is necessary; a redefinition of masculinity as reciprocal, powerful, providing, but not oppressive. A 'give', without 'taking away'.
  18. Diamond Member

i have worked in a factory most of my life. i can remember about 30 years ago when women started leaving the home for careers. they thought it was such a good thing, if you were to poll the females that work at my place of business 100% whould vote for being able to stay home and take care of house/kids. equal rights was a scam created by big business to keep salaries down, the day of a one wage earner per family is dead. if women would not have bought into this scam men would be making a minimum of $30 an hour and women would be staying home. if women had half a brain gloria steinam would be hanged in effigy.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpain View Post
    That's the truth!
    Speaking from experience, I was with my ex for 14 years before she divorced me. She chewed on me like a piece of gum. When my flavor was all gone she spit me out in the gutter. I was always true to her and gave her my best. One day she just decided she was done with me and wanted a divorce. Long story short, even though she has a great job making decent money, I'm the one who gets totally screwed on child support and spousal support. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I have no problem paying child support but the judge totally ruled in her favor. She takes half of my income plus she keeps her income. I don't understand it. With the money I have left, it's tough to make ends meet and even harder to have any kind of social life. But what can I do, just move on right?

It's hard reading stuff like this. Hang in there.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

i have worked in a factory most of my life. i can remember about 30 years ago when women started leaving the home for careers. they thought it was such a good thing, if you were to poll the females that work at my place of business 100% whould vote for being able to stay home and take care of house/kids. equal rights was a scam created by big business to keep salaries down, the day of a one wage earner per family is dead. if women would not have bought into this scam men would be making a minimum of $30 an hour and women would be staying home. if women had half a brain gloria steinam would be hanged in effigy.
    Good point. As soon as two income families went online, the wages were lowered, and the prices of everything went up. Now it is rare to meet a family that has one person who can stay at home.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Considering the history of hegemonic masculinity, an out-and-out masculinism would be no doubt an affront to the progress made in civil/gender/racial rights movements everywhere (let us remember that the white male is conflated with a great number of unfortunate events - some warranted, some not so much).

I agree a reclamation, if there can be such a thing, of the masculine form is necessary; a redefinition of masculinity as reciprocal, powerful, providing, but not oppressive. A 'give', without 'taking away'.
    I would hope that the white male could get a break eventually. Something has to give.
  22. Diamond Member

I would hope that the white male could get a break eventually. Something has to give.
    your point about middle eastern immigrants was very valid. this country seems to value diversity so much, that as more and more middle easterners migrate to the U.S, it seems that social and moral conduct will have to change to accommodate them. funny how the liberals who are pushing so hard to accept middle eastern values, might just be the one's who suffer. you can bet that gay and womens rights groups will be the first target of a muslimized america. vote obama!
  23. New Member

If its all biological,then shouldnt we blame mother nature
  24. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkprice View Post
    If its all biological,then shouldnt we blame mother nature
    we are talking attitudes, legal and ethical issues.
  25. New Member

so you're syaing they would have survived better if it was one wager?. How did the big businesses bring the salaries down ?
  26. Diamond Member

so you're syaing they would have survived better if it was one wager?. How did the big businesses bring the salaries down ?
    30 years ago when a woman got married she stayed home and took care of the house and kids, haven't you ever seen leave it to beaver. company's had to pay a man a living wage enough to support his family on just his income. by putting women to work, now you had two incomes to support the family. with two incomes coming in company's no longer had to pay a man enough to support his family so wages have stayed stagnant while prices continue to soar. if women would have stayed home wages for men would be much higher. do you see where i am coming from? seriously when i was a boy 90% of mom's stayed home.
  27. Banned
    Stats
    5'6"  218 lbs.

I'm not even gonna bother getting involved in this discussion because I'm involved with a woman's rights group, in the Violence Intervention Program, on probation, go to anger management, etc. Long, long story, but I discuss with this professionals every week, twice per week.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Divorce stories like that really scare me. Furthermore, I once had a temp job working for the department of child support collections. This place was the definition of misandry. I'll never forget the happiness is one woman's voice as she described the law that makes the husband the legal father of any child born into the marriage. Paternity fraud is legal and studies show it happens 10-20% of the time (Biologically, when a female is cuckolded, she is more likely to get pregnant by the other man).

The male desire for sex is seen in our society as wrong. Women often get to manipulate men by rewarding and witholding sex.

Men should have the right to "paper abortions". A man can have a woman sign an agreement that says that she is on birth control and would get an abortion in the case of an accident. Even, if she pinholes his condom, breaks the agreement and has a baby; the guy has no case in court.

Women should have the same rights as men, but they should not be entitled to profit off relationships. Feminists were right to decry marriage. The man begs for the woman, he gives the ring, he takes part in an expensive party that is all about her. He then enters a contract where he has a 50% chance of losing half or more of his assets. Add to that the fact that most women prefer a man who makes more than they do. Pre-nups are finally becoming more acceptable, but they cost money to draft and have many limits on the conditions to be placed. In divorce, guys are often forced to pay their wife's legal fees, give up the house, pay alimony and often excessive child support. 2/3s of divorces are initiated by women. Most of for the reason of "general discontent".

In the area of relationships, guys have a huge legal disadvantage. Even if he enters into an agreement with a woman, the government can change the rules at any time to his detriment.
  29. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

Yes, and this is a valid issue. No one is taking away from the fact that women have struggles, however is it right to be extreme by saying that men have "all of the advantages" which is the bull**** I was appalled with in my first post. There are many advantages to being a female in the US and there are liabilities. However, many womens groups will continuously highlight the disadvantages to a fault.

Was your Significant Other sent to sensitivity training? Why are all of the books written on verbal abuse written by women and have an anti-male bend to them? No offense some of the moms I grew up with were WAY more abusive than the dads were to their children and verbal abuse is WAY more damaging to a child than physical abuse IMHO.

I felt good, I came across a prostate cancer "awareness" and donation program at my local grocery store. According to some people though, it is wrong to even start such a fund since men have all of the advantages...

Do you remember registering for the selective service? Were you scared like I was? I registered around the time of the first Gulf War and I for one was kind of scared and felt like I was a sort of slave. First major war since Vietnam with the worlds 4th largest army (or whatever it was). Did I know as a 19 year old that we would win overwhelmingly? Nope... Did women have to go through that? Nope...

Yes, men have all of the advantages...right? We control society...that's why we don't get ALL of the advantages do we? Don't you think being forced to serve in the military and die for something that we don't believe in to be kind of a big disadvantage? Our national security wasn't being threatened. If someone invaded the US, then fine, but Iraq to free Kuwait?
  30. Diamond Member

womens groups are now protesting unfair treatment of female veterans by the veterans administration. haha-why are they singling out females instead of protesting unfair treatment of all vets? the why is because all vets are getting the shaft by the va, women want preferential treatment. hell i bet a great number of homeless guys you see on the street are vietnam vets. women are very late getting to this party.
  31. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    We will start to cover a lot of men's issues at the LG Sciences forum. I am a very strong male right advocate and I think men have been getting the raw deal in our society for quite a long time and enough is enough.

To start, I would like everyone to look at a book called "The Myth Of Male Power" which details the BULL**** that women's groups push in the media about how women are treated unfairly.

Unfair?

Do you realize that women have over 80% of the spending power in a family? Even though men supposedly make more than women...

Men coming out of relationships are much more likely to commit suicide then women...

30% of Women will take back a cheating spouse where 70% of men will...

In the first Gulf War, there was a 3-1 ratio of men to women yet the men die at a 9-1 ratio...the media reports that women share the same "duties" as the men and the same risk...how do you explain a 9-1 death rate then?

I will follow with even more cool stats that will provide food for thought.
    This is good...not to mention affirmative action. So basically, if your a white, heterosexual, law-abiding, normal male, you're screwed. This is what our society has become. Society needs do be diveeersive, unless of course you're white, then you can pound salt.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Good posting. I do believe woman have more of an adavantage over men in every aspect of life.
    I will say this, if a man does not want children he better get a vasectomy and use condoms.
    My cousin was married for about 3 years. He got married at 20. (he is now 28).
    He tried to get the vasectomy when he got married but the docs turned him away.
    He said he used protection up until the point his wife said that she would get the shot because they were married and she wanted it to be natural.
    Now he was pretty dumb for giving in, but he did.
    She got pregnant. He begged her to have an abortion but she refused.
    She then divorced him.
    She had triplets. He now works like 14 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week because the support takes 50% of his income.
    Just to say to be on your p's and q's because after cnception he had no say.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

30 years ago when a woman got married she stayed home and took care of the house and kids, haven't you ever seen leave it to beaver. company's had to pay a man a living wage enough to support his family on just his income. by putting women to work, now you had two incomes to support the family. with two incomes coming in company's no longer had to pay a man enough to support his family so wages have stayed stagnant while prices continue to soar. if women would have stayed home wages for men would be much higher. do you see where i am coming from? seriously when i was a boy 90% of mom's stayed home.
    that's just the fault of big business seeing another way to get over on the workers.
    hmmm.. two income families... two people working... we'll just split the pay in half and there you go.
    even if women didnt enter the workforce, they would have thought of something.
    like a lot of 6 figure folks got severance packages at my company so they could promote other people and pay them a third yo a half of what the original people got paid.

say 120,000 down to 40-60 grand with more responsibilities
  34. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I really, really, really, really hate Sex and the City. All that show portrays is the world is a woman's oyster for sex and men's money.
    Isn't that what ALL television shows are about these days? That and how all men are stupid with very intelligent wives.
  35. Registered User

LegalGear. I almost gave up on this thread because you couldn't simply use the ignore feature. What a bunch of wasted reading. If you need help with the ignore feature, send me a PM and I'll help you out.

In any event, my wife retired two weeks after we got married. I noticed she wasn't going to work anymore - and I asked her about it. That was it. She says she's crazy. She can't work. Blah, blah, blah. Whatever. I can afford to support the both of us. And I can't physically force her to work. Can I?

Basically she spends everything I make. She can't save money. I have everything I need, so I deal with it. And we have a good relationship otherwise. But I'm sure if I took away her ability to spend my money, I'd be divorced. Being that I own several businesses, I'd surely be basically out of all of them by the end of divorce court.

ANYWAY. I thought it would be cool to marry a younger woman. She's about 8 years younger I am. Now she's thinking about having kids. So, I'll be financially responsible for these kids until the day I retire or longer. Wonderful.

I've been working my ass off to retire early for a long time now. I could have retired in my early 30s - but I got married instead. Now I'm going to have to be a big earner until the day I die... And if I don't follow the procedure, I'll lose everything.

It's fun to be a man.

Oh and that male feminist that you should be ignoring is probably just off a heavy cycle and without ANY testosterone flowing through his veins. Ask him anything about Sex And The City - he knows it all.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Zero, thats too tough for words.
    And people wonder why i am avoiding marriage like the plague.
    Not prejudging all women, but if I do become financially successful instead of just financially stable, I might get taken for all i am worth.
    Might sound chauvanist but the only adult woman I am supporting is going to be my mom in her old age.

-----

p.s. Zero you might want to take a trip to get yourself snipped. that is if you dont want kids.
    or make sure you keep your condoms in a safe place.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Yes, and this is a valid issue. No one is taking away from the fact that women have struggles, however is it right to be extreme by saying that men have "all of the advantages" which is the bull**** I was appalled with in my first post. There are many advantages to being a female in the US and there are liabilities. However, many womens groups will continuously highlight the disadvantages to a fault.

Was your Significant Other sent to sensitivity training? Why are all of the books written on verbal abuse written by women and have an anti-male bend to them? No offense some of the moms I grew up with were WAY more abusive than the dads were to their children and verbal abuse is WAY more damaging to a child than physical abuse IMHO.

I felt good, I came across a prostate cancer "awareness" and donation program at my local grocery store. According to some people though, it is wrong to even start such a fund since men have all of the advantages...

Do you remember registering for the selective service? Were you scared like I was? I registered around the time of the first Gulf War and I for one was kind of scared and felt like I was a sort of slave. First major war since Vietnam with the worlds 4th largest army (or whatever it was). Did I know as a 19 year old that we would win overwhelmingly? Nope... Did women have to go through that? Nope...

Yes, men have all of the advantages...right? We control society...that's why we don't get ALL of the advantages do we? Don't you think being forced to serve in the military and die for something that we don't believe in to be kind of a big disadvantage? Our national security wasn't being threatened. If someone invaded the US, then fine, but Iraq to free Kuwait?
    wasnt old enough to register during the first gulf war.
    but I seriously thought and still think they are going to reopen the draft.
    dont mind serving my country... but I have friends who lived through iraq and told me about it.

I am not a coward but walking into a death trap... no way.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

I, if you read the thread on marriage, am stridently against it. There is no benefit in getting married vs. having a girlfriend, only a huge financial risk. The legal contract gave her the go ahead to not work. As far as marriage goes, Judeo-Christian theology requires that in order for a marriage to be valid the couple must have an "openness toward children".

Still, guys need to take responsibility. What about asking for a pre-nup (no community property, no alimony)? She always intended to quit work, you ask for a pre-nup and you at least have some protection and it gives a window to her motivations (Is she getting married for love or are there parts of the legal contract that she really wants). If she doesn't work now, do you think she's going to put in the extra work that having kids will take (even as a stay-at-home mom)?

As far as the guy being turned down for a vasectomy, he should have gone to another doctor. Planned Parenthood could refer you to a doctor that believes in the "my body, my choice" philosophy. However, most guys don't realize that the majority of women want babies as badly as we want sex. More women than you would think would be willing to go outside their marriage to get pregnant. There's nothing that you can do in that scenario except pay, its yours by law regardless of DNA. Even getting a vasectomy isn't enough protection if you are married, the law doesn't consider paternity fraud because it is still stuck in the age where an adulterous wife would receive brutal punishment. Besides, a vasectomy (if you haven't had a child already), violates the marriage requirement of "openness toward children"

I think guys know what the risks are, they just subscribe to the "it won't happen to me" line of thinking. I have heard of the term marriage strike, maybe there needs to be a baby strike until the law changes.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

If I wanted a child (which I don't), I would find an egg donor of the same race as myself and then hire a surrogate mother (either in America or a developing country like India). No custody battles, no confusion. This is the equivalent to all the single women that use sperm donors. Honestly, with the out of wedlock birthrate skyrocketing, why don't women just go to the sperm bank more often? The woman would spend less time trying to conceive and would have no need to lie about birth control or convince the guy to not use protection. The downside is the relinquishment of child support.
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    LegalGear

Oh and that male feminist that you should be ignoring is probably just off a heavy cycle and without ANY testosterone flowing through his veins. Ask him anything about Sex And The City - he knows it all.
    You're right: being able to properly interpret data and events, and trying to form fair and balanced gender opinions must mean I'm a feminist.

Simply because I'm not following the crowd and jumping in on the, "women suck!" sentiment, does not mean I'm ignoring the very real issues LG brought up; merely trying to interject some balance into the discussion.

And because you made a horrible decision in whom you'd mate with, and are consequently butthurt about it, does not mean 'the woman' is keeping you down. Do men get unfairly and unrequitedly screwed in family (divorce) court, and paternity related manners? Yes, they sure do; I recognized that a few times. As I said though Zero, you have to; a) separate the ability to insist on decisions in certain legal situations from culture wide power; and b) stop looking at gender issues so ethnocentrically - because women's lot in life has improved very significantly in the West, does not mean we are that far from the mid 1800's in other parts of the world.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone had any issues with
    By TheMouth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
  2. Sit up issues, err i can sit up too much lol
    By ultra2extreme in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
  3. New here & having some issues.
    By James Howlett in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine