Bad BCAAs

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
I recently took advantage of the $11.99 sale on LG's BCAA+EAA. When I opened the container yesterday they smell just like any other grape supplement I have had and I was excited to try them. Upon mixing they were a gray color to match the gray color they were in the container. Upon taking my first sip I was really surprised, very little grape and a bad chemical taste/after taste. Is this how they are supposed to be as it is my first time with this brand? It is one thing for something to taste bad if you're taking it quick but I don't know if I can sip this stuff intra workout repeatedly. I bought a few because LG is a great company but I may eat the cost if this is the case. Anyone else have this experience or did I just catch a bad batch?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Did you order all grape? I am in love with the other two flavors... They are the cat's meow. Kiwi Watermelon is the best tasting BCAA product ive ever had. Also where did you order it from?

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
Yea I got it from NP, yea all they had was grape and I didn't want to miss out on the great deal.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, Our BC+EAA's should not have a chemical taste..hopefully this isn't the case.. how many scoops are you using?

Also the color isn't a perfect grape color, this depends on how many scoops are using I.E Coloring factor...

Let me know..

do you still have your Nutra Receipt?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you order all grape? I am in love with the other two flavors... They are the cat's meow. Kiwi Watermelon is the best tasting BCAA product ive ever had. Also where did you order it from?
He wasnt asking what the best BCAA product was;), but we all know what is:D

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Grape is damn good. I scoop it straight into my mouth n chase it with anadraulic pump! Yum!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recently took advantage of the $11.99 sale on LG's BCAA+EAA. When I opened the container yesterday they smell just like any other grape supplement I have had and I was excited to try them. Upon mixing they were a gray color to match the gray color they were in the container. Upon taking my first sip I was really surprised, very little grape and a bad chemical taste/after taste. Is this how they are supposed to be as it is my first time with this brand? It is one thing for something to taste bad if you're taking it quick but I don't know if I can sip this stuff intra workout repeatedly. I bought a few because LG is a great company but I may eat the cost if this is the case. Anyone else have this experience or did I just catch a bad batch?
Grape is my favourite BC+EAA flavour, but the colour of the powder and taste of the product HAS changed since it was reformulated - I assumed that this had something to do with the change in taste, because I will admit that I do not find it as pleasant as before (I use it regardless, though, since it is a much loved STAPLE of mine).

onlyone

Awards
I can´t stand the taste either. Is the other ones better? I only tried Grape so far.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
Well, Our BC+EAA's should not have a chemical taste..hopefully this isn't the case.. how many scoops are you using?

Also the color isn't a perfect grape color, this depends on how many scoops are using I.E Coloring factor...

Let me know..

do you still have your Nutra Receipt?
I used 3 scoops as per the directions. It was my first time using this product so I dosed accordingly. The mixture was gray in color and did not taste like grape.

I have used it again since then but in conjunction with my protein (go nutrapro!!) post workout and it was much more palatable. Maybe it was a fluke thing I'll report back tonight after my workout.

I don't have the packing slip just the thing in my account on NP.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
with the grape I go at least 6-8 scoops. Taste a lot like gatorade at that dosing, and better for the intra lifting blast as well. I like all 3 flavors myself, I would just recommend playing with the dose in order to better find what taste and especially EFFECT works best for you.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
i also bought 2 of theses grape tubs, and the flavor is not palatable, nothing like grape, much more like sulphur and dirt. I thought sumthin wuz wrong when i tasted it, found it to be better tasting if i added it to the watermelon xtends. I really dont want to throw theses away, seeing as i paid good money for them. would like to return for a different batch of grape or a different flavor altogether.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i also bought 2 of theses grape tubs, and the flavor is not palatable, nothing like grape, much more like sulphur and dirt. I thought sumthin wuz wrong when i tasted it, found it to be better tasting if i added it to the watermelon xtends. I really dont want to throw theses away, seeing as i paid good money for them. would like to return for a different batch of grape or a different flavor altogether.
So I am not the only one...its a grayish color when I mix it up...will try to get picks up tonight.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
So I am not the only one...its a grayish color when I mix it up...will try to get picks up tonight.
yeah, grayish in color and smells really bad after i shake it up.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, grayish in color and smells really bad after i shake it up.
Maybe something wrong with your water?:)

It is a new lighter color..regardless, that doesn't matter... where did you buy it from?

The more servings the more of the grape taste you'll have.. some folks don't like to be overly blasted with the flavor, some do.. bottom line is these bc+eaa's have been a huge hit..

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
agree 100000% LG33!!!! I wonder if there were some expired jugs out there a few sites tried dumping when the new flavors came out???

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
agree 100000% LG33!!!! I wonder if there were some expired jugs out there a few sites tried dumping when the new flavors came out???

Grape hasn't been out all that long in reality.. there stamped well over a year.., but theres no telling what they do..no one has QC like we do;)

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Maybe something wrong with your water?:)

It is a new lighter color..regardless, that doesn't matter... where did you buy it from?

The more servings the more of the grape taste you'll have.. some folks don't like to be overly blasted with the flavor, some do.. bottom line is these bc+eaa's have been a huge hit..
im using 8 scoops to 16 oz distilled water, i got it from nutraplanet, and i love grape flavor but im not partial to sipping farts and that is what it smells like, and the taste is bad real bad, even if i mix it in to a vitawater to cover the flavor. Even tried throwin sum grape Muscle marimande in there too that stuff has great flavor.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im using 8 scoops to 16 oz distilled water, i got it from nutraplanet, and i love grape flavor but im not partial to sipping farts and that is what it smells like, and the taste is bad real bad, even if i mix it in to a vitawater to cover the flavor. Even tried throwin sum grape Muscle marimande in there too that stuff has great flavor.
Well I'll be the first to say, it doesn't taste like that.. Have you contacted Nutra about maybe doing a replacement?

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Well I'll be the first to say, it doesn't taste like that.. Have you contacted Nutra about maybe doing a replacement?
i wuz just suffering thru them, thought thats how they tasted, but then i saw this thread. Im guessing it a pain in the ass to return ****, so ill just keep throwing the watermelon xtend in there

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
aha so more and more are coming forward I have one that I have been trying to suffer through and another unopened. Is there anything that can be done about this I would gladly mail them back for either another batch or a new flavor.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Having used all three flavors, I can not only say that this is the best tasting branch chain amino acid supplement on the market (as well as the best essential amino acid supp). Not only that, but the grape is my personal favorite. Even edging out the always popular watermelon kiwi.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
aha so more and more are coming forward I have one that I have been trying to suffer through and another unopened. Is there anything that can be done about this I would gladly mail them back for either another batch or a new flavor.
let me know how the return is met, i would like to also get rid of this unopened tub i has.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I got 2 of the watermelon kiwi and don't like it at all :( not gray though

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
ummm.... I will take them

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
ill get a pic up tonight so you guys can seem them

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will say, there has to be something wrong..either your product or your taste buds;)..

But I'm going to do you one better!..send me proof of purchase, I'm sure Nutra can pull something if you ordered it through them, (History)..

and send it to me.. this way I can make things right!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man you guys rock with the customer service!!!! Second to non LG33!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lyfespan, I recieved your email!..Clear your PM's my man!

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
I will say, there has to be something wrong..either your product or your taste buds;)..

But I'm going to do you one better!..send me proof of purchase, I'm sure Nutra can pull something if you ordered it through them, (History)..

and send it to me.. this way I can make things right!
Thank you sir,

I gave my home computer to my brother at college so I have no way to upload those pics from home. I will send you my NP order and try to email you a picture from my phone.

Great service!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
LGs customer service is second to non!!! You guys rock 33!!!!

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
I would like to thank liftergym33 for his attention to this matter and can easily say LGs customer service was excellent

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to thank liftergym33 for his attention to this matter and can easily say LGs customer service was excellent
Thanks ticco; I always put you guys first!..., with that being said you should be satisfied with whats coming your way;)

please don't hesitate to PM if anything comes up..

~LG33~

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
second to none my friend!!!

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
got a nice little package yesterday with some goodies in it top notch LG.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Im glad I was able to put a smile on your face:).. Its how I roll my friend:D
crap, i hope you didnt ship ups to me, seems that i have a kid swipping **** off my porch and ups never asks for a signature. Im already ****ed outta my chance to log that new MaximizeV2, bcuz it wuz dropped with no signature.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
crap, i hope you didnt ship ups to me, seems that i have a kid swipping **** off my porch and ups never asks for a signature. Im already ****ed outta my chance to log that new MaximizeV2, bcuz it wuz dropped with no signature.

you may want to notify UPS then!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and then hide in the bush when that kid shows up;)

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
WOW, That wuz weird I had just posted that other post when i heard sum thin out front, went to go check it out and see the big Brown turning the corner and there wuz my package. Would like to say a big thanx to
LifterGuy33 for the great hook up, on the replacement of the 2 grapes with blue razz, and watemelon kiwi, both of which taste absouletly nothing like the grapes I had.

I would have been happy with just that, but I also recieved a very nice t shirt and a jug of LG's Postal:bigeyes: ,which wuz way above and beyond.

Thanx again Lifterguy33, and reps to ya

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
LG is by far the best customer service group out there