Should LG Sciences release more "Basic" supplements?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Should LG Sciences release more "Basic" supplements?

If you're on our Facebook page, you have probably seen this question posed; however, if you're not, would you like to see us release more "Basic" supplements such as dessicated liver tabs, multi-vitamins, and joint complexes?

Any and all suggestions or comments are appreciated!

2. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

It would depend entirely on the product honestly. I prefer to just eat liver than take the tabs, so I'd pass on that, but a multi-vitamin? Well, I've been wanting a Powdered Multi, one I could add to a pre-workout shake, and noone seems to make one. There's Essentials, but I get all the creatine I need from AS right now, so that's out.

I could go for a good superfood powder too - I realized everything I've come across is pretty underdosed once I actually sat down and did the math.

Finally, how 'bout a good hydrolysate protein blend to stack with BC+EAA for intra-workout?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

I dont know man . . . the thing is, everyone is doing it or has done it. You will still need to find the edge over the competition.

In saying that, your flavoured BCAAs/EAAs blend is the bomb.

I like Resolve's idea of a superfood powder - that would stack nicely with existing products.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Okay, so we've got superfoods/extracts. I like that idea.

Any reason you are against the dessicated liver? Have you guys used any of the "good" products out there (there's only one company I know of who makes top quality dessicated liver). In a natural sense, I've never felt so dense and solid as I do on that stuff. I'm actually ashamed I haven't forked over the cash to buy it, but have pumped it into other things that I don't necessarily "need."

How about a multi-vitamin/joint complex/nutrient partitioner. Something that you take 3x/day in 2-3 capsule doses. How does that sound?

Any other ideas, throw them our way! Thanks for the suggestions Resolve and JKP!
  5. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Honestly, I haven't used desiccated liver - it's just one of those things that seems...unnecessary. When you only have so much cash to spend every month on supps, other things take precedence. But having not tried them, I could drastically be missing out for all I know.

The multi/joint/partitioner is a great idea. Originality like that is what would have to set these "Basics" apart from the competition. As Jakellpet said, EVERYONE makes a multi, so if you want more than a tiny sliver of the available market, you need something that gives you an edge.

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    How about a multi-vitamin/joint complex/nutrient partitioner. Something that you take 3x/day in 2-3 capsule doses. How does that sound?!
    Sounds like you're talking about a 'Super-Slin' . . . nice. That'll give you 'The Edge'

(Not to be confused with the guitarist from the popular Irish band U2)

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

A multi-vitamin with joint support and a "SLIN Blend/Complex" sounds like an awesome idea. It would be less support than SLIN itself, but helpful nevertheless. ALA+Cinnamon or something?

I really like the superfood idea, too. Spirulina and some other goodies, perhaps?
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'd be down for some good quality liver at the right price; I've had some iron problems from the high amounts of cardio done (Hemolytic Anemia) plus the occassional caffeine use.

As for Green Superfoods, I just stocked up. Got a few lbs of Chlorella, Spirullina, Wheatgrass, Barley Grass.... ugh do they ever taste bad but I'm sure it's worth it lol.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I could do without the grasses in a superfood. Spirulina and Chlorella are cool, some good berry extracts and herbs would make it killer. I've actually been working on formulating my own blend...

***NOW @ NP***
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

A multi-vitamin with joint support and a "SLIN Blend/Complex" sounds like an awesome idea. It would be less support than SLIN itself, but helpful nevertheless. ALA+Cinnamon or something?

I really like the superfood idea, too. Spirulina and some other goodies, perhaps?
    Hey now we're talking IC - Spirulina is highly under-rated IMO. The superfood idea could run solo, or even as an additive . . . ?

I'm generally a generic-brand consumer of these types of products, however something like this could definately swing my vote.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

id be down for any of that stuff all sounds good.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

maybe LG omegas fishoil.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

These are all great ideas. Keep them coming.

Now that the Anabolic Diet is so popular, I think the superfoods would be a great idea. It's hard to get some of that stuff in, especially the fruits.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Superfood sounds great. LG ever thought of developing there own cycle support supps?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfour View Post
    Superfood sounds great. LG ever thought of developing there own cycle support supps?
    I like the sound of this!
    Some excellent ideas here!
  16. Registered User

I would like to see a multi-vit or some sort of greens food or berry mixture type of item <powder form>.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfour View Post
    x2
  17. Registered User

Im a huge fan of green tea... having a tub of that would be mint!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Im a huge fan of green tea... having a tub of that would be mint!
    A coleus + green tea weightloss capsule sounds supreme! I've never seen those two put together in one cap, but people are always stacking them for recomposition effects and weightloss.

So far, we've got...

Coleus + Green Tea
    Superfoods
    Cycle support products
    Multi-vitamin/joint support/nutrient uptake
    Hydrolysate protein blend
    Dessicated liver
    Fish oil (there would have to be some distinguishing characteristic to this - Maybe EPA/DHA/CLA)

Now that tea has been mentioned, I also think an LG-specific line of actual tea would be something cool to look into. I know how many tea-fiends are out there. It's just a thought...Maybe different teas geared towards metabolism-boosting and antioxidant effects. "Bodybuilding-specific tea" if you will.
  19. Registered User

A coleus + green tea weightloss capsule sounds supreme! I've never seen those two put together in one cap, but people are always stacking them for recomposition effects and weightloss.

So far, we've got...

Coleus + Green Tea
    Superfoods
    Cycle support products
    Multi-vitamin/joint support/nutrient uptake
    Hydrolysate protein blend
    Dessicated liver
    Fish oil (there would have to be some distinguishing characteristic to this - Maybe EPA/DHA/CLA)

Now that tea has been mentioned, I also think an LG-specific line of actual tea would be something cool to look into. I know how many tea-fiends are out there. It's just a thought...Maybe different teas geared towards metabolism-boosting and antioxidant effects. "Bodybuilding-specific tea" if you will.

the tea idea is great...
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

A "good" liver product that is well priced and doesnt destroy my stomach would be quite welcomed
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

I've always liked LG for their hormonal products. There are so many people producing "basic" stuff, it would be a tough sell. But, the superfoods thing doesn't sound bad. Maybe a powder that had all those cool phytonutrients with some dextrose and ALA (or other insulin "potentiators" or "mimickers".
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    I've always liked LG for their hormonal products. There are so many people producing "basic" stuff, it would be a tough sell. But, the superfoods thing doesn't sound bad. Maybe a powder that had all those cool phytonutrients with some dextrose and ALA (or other insulin "potentiators" or "mimickers".
    Hormonal products are great, but let's not forget that you have to have everything else in order first, and that means going "back to the basics." - Basics should be the foundation for every bodybuilder.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Hormonal products are great, but let's not forget that you have to have everything else in order first, and that means going "back to the basics." - Basics should be the foundation for every bodybuilder.
    I'm not arguing that point. Initial question was what I would like LG to produce... and the basics aren't what I would like to see from LG.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I'm not arguing that point. Initial question was what I would like LG to produce... and the basics aren't what I would like to see from LG.
    We'll definitely still be pumping out hormonals. - Some exciting new stuff lined up in that realm.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

We'll definitely still be pumping out hormonals. - Some exciting new stuff lined up in that realm.
    That's what I like to hear!
  26. Registered User

basic hormone products, especially the mmv2 compound by itself, no support complex, no sublingual, just the hormone, old school delivery. The rest of the stuff surrounding this hormone in the current product and the sublingual delivery are the only things stopping me from purchasing the mmv2. Would love to dose that at about 700-1000 mgs per day for 6-8 weeks, think it would be a great base with another compound, eg, epi or hdrol.
  27. Registered User

A multi and a fish oil product. I would buy for life if the price is right and considering all stuff from LG sciences, i know it will be top notch.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

This is the trend - especially with the uncertainty of hormonal products in the US, companies are covering their bases by branching out into other areas.

It's smart business
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by isoc View Post
    basic hormone products, especially the mmv2 compound by itself, no support complex, no sublingual, just the hormone, old school delivery. The rest of the stuff surrounding this hormone in the current product and the sublingual delivery are the only things stopping me from purchasing the mmv2. Would love to dose that at about 700-1000 mgs per day for 6-8 weeks, think it would be a great base with another compound, eg, epi or hdrol.
    ^^^^THIS
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

also i would love to see a good LG joint complex.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Funny you should mention that, we are working on one as we speak!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

quick question.. sorry i am doing this on here i jsut cant figure it out.. but how do i post a new thread?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Funny you should mention that, we are working on one as we speak!
    Do go on...
  34. Registered User

lord knows I need a good joint support supplement..
  35. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I would love to see more basic supps out of LG, especially as the gov is becoming stricter on hormonals. it is nice to see innovative supps like pSARM and T-911 (especially if it didnt have any Y). But I think the trend with the protein and bcaa could keep going into multis, joint support, etc.

I wouldnt want to see liver tabs though, as the liver is meant to filter out toxins and with everything they put into cows these days...

Just seems like with liver tabs you may be consuming many unwanted chemicals as well as prions.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.

I would love to see a couple of things. One company makes a supp that is geared to male consumers. The product claims to 'Reduces excess body fat-especially in the abdominal region. Increases the body's natural production of testosterone. Preserves and builds lean muscle tissue. Enhances the body's cellular repair mechanisms. Facilitates the conversion of a powerful-cancer-promoting- estrogen, to the safer beneficial 2-hydroxy and 2-methoxy estrogens. Maintains prostate health. Fights excess free radicals. Helps the body deal with excess stress. Reduces excess inflammation'
    This to me would be something I would take every day and I would consider a basic supp. All natural ingredients also make it very appealing and easy to market. The other product I'd like to see would be a super powder supp that would include daily intake of veggies/greens. One that has hawthorn b for heart, milk thistle for liver, taurine for heart/clarity/energy.
  37. Registered User

whatever happened to the PB lipotropic protein? Any chance of bringing that back on your site at least?

For basics, I would say price is number 1 factor for me
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    whatever happened to the PB lipotropic protein? Any chance of bringing that back on your site at least?

For basics, I would say price is number 1 factor for me
    You know our products are very high quality, and I find it hard to beat our prices as well. We take care of you guys.
  39. Registered User

You know our products are very high quality, and I find it hard to beat our prices as well. We take care of you guys.
    yeah, i definitely didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just meant that pricing is probably my number one factor for basics personally. i really like the green tea and forskolin combo idea too. now what about the PB lipotropic protein!!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    yeah, i definitely didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just meant that pricing is probably my number one factor for basics personally. i really like the green tea and forskolin combo idea too. now what about the PB lipotropic protein!!
    From what I understand, all of the previous flavors will be upheld in our protein, but it may be a while from now that they are all offered, but I may be wrong. Craig or Eric could help answer this more clearly.

I am currently using the new chocolate and like it very well, but I agree that the peanut butter was DELICIOUS!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 02:42 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 12:26 AM
  3. IDS Rapid release "Lean Up" Tabs
    By Ace5high in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM