DEA looking to add four new steroids to Schedule III

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. DEA looking to add four new steroids to Schedule III

The Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014 gave the United States Attorney General the power to temporarily (and permanently) add new anabolic steroids to Schedule III, thereby making them controlled substances. This power hasn’t been used, ever, since it was codified into law. In fact, as near as I can tell, it’s never even been discussed at the Attorney General level.

But last month, on August 2nd and 3rd, the Department of Defense held a conference on nutrition and dietary supplements, where the DEA revealed that they were currently in the process of modifying regs, first by initiating temporary scheduling, then by initiating the process to formally control.

The products mentioned by the DEA for scheduling are:

Alpha One
    (17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-ene-3β 17β-diol)

Dymethazine
    (17β-hydroxy 2,17α-dimethyl 5α-androstan 3-one azine)

Methylstenbolone
    (2,17α-dimethyl-5α-androsta-1-en-17β-ol-3-one)

4-DHEA/4-ANDRO
    (androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol)

Source: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/d...i-1bd819b2e8eb
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IRONMAG LABS
    15% Off Coupon Code: Robert15
    www.ironmaglabs.com

2. Smh!
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
    •   

3. Who voted these idiots in office? America.. home of the free...indeed.

4. There goes all our nice things
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com
    •   

5. Nothing to stop them from doing it, Jared makes a lot of money from 4-dhea though so I assume he'll try and get an injunction over that one since there is plenty of legal argument for it being a derivative or metabolite of dhea which is explicitly exempted from DASCA and is a legal ingredient.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

6. Should make for some good 4-andro sales in the very near future though...lol

7. ****. Subbed for updates.

8. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Who voted these idiots in office? America.. home of the free...indeed.
    Uggh...absolutely disgusting. Not to mention a waste of resources..

9. Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post

The Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014 gave the United States Attorney General the power to temporarily (and permanently) add new anabolic steroids to Schedule III, thereby making them controlled substances. This power hasn’t been used, ever, since it was codified into law. In fact, as near as I can tell, it’s never even been discussed at the Attorney General level.

But last month, on August 2nd and 3rd, the Department of Defense held a conference on nutrition and dietary supplements, where the DEA revealed that they were currently in the process of modifying regs, first by initiating temporary scheduling, then by initiating the process to formally control.

The products mentioned by the DEA for scheduling are:

Alpha One
    (17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-ene-3β 17β-diol)

Dymethazine
    (17β-hydroxy 2,17α-dimethyl 5α-androstan 3-one azine)

Methylstenbolone
    (2,17α-dimethyl-5α-androsta-1-en-17β-ol-3-one)

4-DHEA/4-ANDRO
    (androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol)

Source: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/d...i-1bd819b2e8eb
    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Nothing to stop them from doing it, Jared makes a lot of money from 4-dhea though so I assume he'll try and get an injunction over that one since there is plenty of legal argument for it being a derivative or metabolite of dhea which is explicitly exempted from DASCA and is a legal ingredient.
    They're looking to ban the compound: androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol

That is 4-androstenediol

4-ANDRO is 4-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one

Effectively, they want to ban the 4-AD from back in the day, not 4-ANDRO (which we use today)

It's early and I've only had one cup of coffee, but I'm pretty sure I have my nomenclatures correct on this
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

10. Whats the Department of Defense have to do with Supplements...?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire

11. Quote Originally Posted by vujade View Post
    Whats the Department of Defense have to do with Supplements...?
    It's early my man. Have a cup of covfefe (_)p

12. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

That is 4-androstenediol

Effectively, they want to ban the 4-AD from back in the day, not 4-ANDRO (which we use today)

It's early and I've only had one cup of coffee, but I'm pretty sure I have my nomenclatures correct on this
    Oh cool, I didn't really even look at the compound nomenclature, just the title 4-DHEA/4-ANDRO.

Crisis averted boys, back to gains.

13. Quote Originally Posted by vujade View Post
    Whats the Department of Defense have to do with Supplements...?
    There's a lot of supplements sold in military consignment stores, and your unit potentially failing drug tests or going to jail is bad for readiness.

14. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

That is 4-androstenediol

I am pretty sure that 4-AD was banned years ago just like its sister 1-AD was.
    IRONMAG LABS
    www.ironmaglabs.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

That is 4-androstenediol

Ehh, wasn't 4-ad already banned back in 2004?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Sdog77 View Post
    They've actually banned multiple nomenclatures of the same compounds on several occasions, because they apparently don't actually have anybody at the DEA that understands science.

17. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    They've actually banned multiple nomenclatures of the same compounds on several occasions, because they apparently don't actually have anybody at the DEA that understands science.
    And that right there is the scariest part. lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I am pretty sure that 4-AD was banned years ago just like its sister 1-AD was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdog77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdog77 View Post
    And that right there is the scariest part. lol

I don't think it was ever specifically added to the CIII list of banned ingredients, but I could be wrong.

All I know is the provided nomenclature in the OP is not 4-ANDRO that is sold today.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

19. So consensus is 4-ad already banned, but it would be sad to lose DMZ and alpha1 those are both potentially on the chopping block, right?
    Original AM log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/264178-first-am-log.html

20. They test for AAS in the military? What about substances banned by USADA? I honestly have no clue. It'd take a TON of time and money and I don't think the army would care if their guys were hitting the sost.

21. Well buggered if I can find anything about this on fda or dea websites.

22. Any updates on this? Maybe they got busy with the “opioid crisis” and forgot about scheduling more prohormones?
    Original AM log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/264178-first-am-log.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by sinewave3 View Post
    Any updates on this? Maybe they got busy with the “opioid crisis” and forgot about scheduling more prohormones?
    that and now they are after CBD oil, cause you know Big Pharma can't have any natural alternatives legally available to compete against their poison.
    IRONMAG LABS
    www.ironmaglabs.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by sinewave3 View Post
    Any updates on this? Maybe they got busy with the “opioid crisis” and forgot about scheduling more prohormones?
    that and now they are after CBD oil, cause you know Big Pharma can't have any natural alternatives legally available to compete against their poison.
    IRONMAG LABS
    www.ironmaglabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 10:03 PM
  2. Looking to add 15-20 lbs to stage weight
    By jlsoz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 06:04 PM
  3. when to add in new Activate during a pct...
    By Max32 in forum Driven Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
  4. How to Add Cardio and Diet to Your Powerlifting Regimen
    By Future in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 02:56 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 09:54 AM