Shoulder

Tfasulo

Tfasulo

Awards
Hi everyone I was wondering if maybe you guys had some good information for me. A while back not an exact date I did something to my right shoulder, the pain is coming right below the end of my trap. Right where the trap turns into your should. I can bench for like half my work then it starts killing, I cannot even do sips anymore, and I have completely stopped lifting shoulders for some time now. I know I should go to a doctor but I know they are going to say stop working out bla bla bla.. I really can't stop working out or I might hurt someone lol. Anybody have any ideas for me?

Tfasulo

Tfasulo

Awards
Half my workout**
Cannot even do dips anymore**

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem going on 3 years now and it sucks, especially when u have 2 drop the weights half way through. I get it dude except mine is on left. Now kratom helps me. I just had 2 face it that I have 2 use something 4 pain. But im not hooked on pain pills either. Its the better of both evils ya know.

clay

Tfasulo

Tfasulo

Awards
I think I am going to try a chiropractor and a pain doctor! But yes I feel you there brother

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just go to DR. Might need MRI and chiropractor can't do that. Longer you wait the worse it might get.

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
Shoulder is quite a complex structure. Sounds like it might be your AC joint, but equally you may have damaged your rotator cuff muscles. Definitely suggest seeing someone and getting a scan and/or ultrasound to pin down what's going on.

Tfasulo

Tfasulo

Awards
Shoulder is quite a complex structure. Sounds like it might be your AC joint, but equally you may have damaged your rotator cuff muscles. Definitely suggest seeing someone and getting a scan and/or ultrasound to pin down what's going on.
Yea I set up an appointment already before it gets worse thanks for the post brotha

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi everyone I was wondering if maybe you guys had some good information for me. A while back not an exact date I did something to my right shoulder, the pain is coming right below the end of my trap. Right where the trap turns into your should. I can bench for like half my work then it starts killing, I cannot even do sips anymore, and I have completely stopped lifting shoulders for some time now. I know I should go to a doctor but I know they are going to say stop working out bla bla bla.. I really can't stop working out or I might hurt someone lol. Anybody have any ideas for me?
do Physical therapy or if its bad enough get am MRI if you can

do what you can. legs, abs, whatever doesnt hurt. If it hurts obviously dont do it. I know its common sense, and we as lifters dont want to go backards from the hard work we put in, but if you dont rehab the injury and let it heal, itll never heal. Its much better to give it time to heal, do pyscial therapy, and dont do anything that can impede the healing process

domin8r

Awards
Sounds like it may be rotator cuff because it sounds like the pain I was having. make sure when you are doing exercises like bench, dips, and other press, that your shoulders rotate but don't move from anterior to posterior. form is a big thing. also make sure your shoulders are caving inward during these exercises