Right arm rear delt maybe

smitty262

Awards
Ok guys long story short I took almost a year off from lifting due to work and my right shoulder being really painful been back into the gym for 5 months and pain is back and hurts pretty bad I think my rear felt but not sure it only hurts when I do bench press about 1/4 the way down it starts hurting as I get heavier it hurts more incline press bar bell is worse and dumbell incline press is by far the worse due to isolation of my right arm. It's like right at the top of my tricep but just above on the back side of my shoulder if that makes any sense but does not hurt on arm day or doing any tricep move. Sometimes on chest day I can do a lot of light warm up sets stretch a lot and then I can ease into my workout and no pain. Any ideas if this is a muscle or tendon ??? Thanks for any help.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
hazard12

This guy could prob give you some advice OP...

smitty262

Awards
Thanks really wanna get this pain gone.
Also if this helps if i try to throw anything baseball football the pain is unbearable. I can't throw hard at all just making the movement with hardly any force hurts really bad

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Any issues with pulling via rows or pull downs?

smitty262

Awards
No military press is a little painful but not as bad.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope ya didnt hurt your Teres Minor. Look up the manual muscle tests and go through it with a friend. What exactly did you do to it?

smitty262

Awards
It just started hurting really bad a year ago

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I GOT YOU BRAHHHH. Look up coracobrachialis stretches! Its a muscle that runs from the coracoid process (on your chest/shoulder right below the ac joint) to the middle/outside of your humerus. It is used to pull your arm towards your torso and to stabilize your shoulder joint and it is especially active when you do incline shoulder/chest workouts (it adds to the pushing strength). It is also at its max strain when you are coming down from a chest press (probably starts at around 1/4th of the way down). One of the most stressful things for this muscle is when it contracts as it lengthens (as in exactly what u were describing with the chest press).

One of the simplest stretches for it is to stand up straight, good posture and raise your arm to the back and side diagonally about 45 degrees. You should feel a stretch on your chest/inner arm and possible a stretch or release on the tricep (by the way, its pain referral pattern is exatly what u described, rear delt/upper tricep).

You can look up all of what I just said online to confirm. Do the stretch I mentioned and hold it for about 5 secs as you feel the stretch. Repeat the stretch about 15 reps for each arm (YES BOTH). And check how you feel. I bet its a ton better.

Depending on how strained it is, you might need to rest/stretch it for a little (days to a couple of weeks) while and DEFINITELY start with really low weight exercises that use that muscle.

ONLY AND ONLY when you can do chest presses with minimal weight, full range of motion without any pain, you may raise the weight by a little at a time. If you dont have patience and let it work itself out, you will never leave this state. Check your ego and youll be gtg in no time.

For the mean time, focus on other body parts (heavy leg workouts and such help your entire body to heal and grow through hormones) and especially the antagonists of this muscle (think dumbbell tricep kickback) with low weight as well to help it release and balance you out.

Approach this with care, thoughtfulness and dedication and youll be pumping iron in no time.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Work on more stretching but also doing internal and external rotation exercises with a light band. This will help strengthen your ligaments and tendons.

smitty262

Awards
So do you guys think this issue can be resolved by doing this if so I'm all for it I want to be big and sting but health comes first thanks for all the input and yes if I got light weight for probably 5-8 sets not increasing weight and stretch it a lot I can go heavy and doesn't bother me at all I will definitely give this a shot and give you guys and update in a few weeks and do you think bpc-157 would aid in healing
Thanks for all the advise and help

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
So do you guys think this issue can be resolved by doing this if so I'm all for it I want to be big and sting but health comes first thanks for all the input and yes if I got light weight for probably 5-8 sets not increasing weight and stretch it a lot I can go heavy and doesn't bother me at all I will definitely give this a shot and give you guys and update in a few weeks and do you think bpc-157 would aid in healing
Thanks for all the advise and help
If what you have is what I am thinking, then the only thing that will get you moving forward is what I said. Once that muscle gets shortened/hardened/tight, its gonna take some dedication to get it going. Neglecting it and trying to cut corners will only set you back further. Bpc-157 will probably speed up the process but it wont heal you. Only your hardwork and mindfulness will do that.

smitty262

Awards
Ok thanks I did some stretching earlier and was able to do some throwing and I have any pain. Just some stretching and light weight for a while and get my back and legs much stronger thanks for all the help. And any idea as to what may have been the cause?

smitty262

Awards
The pain I'm having is in the rear of my arm just at the very top of my tricep

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
its called referred pain. look it up. Often times the source of pain isnt where u feel it.