Why not use IGF-1 Year round?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just curious. I am aware that receptors will burn out so to speak, however what if you dosed it say 20mcg/week all year? I wouldnt think this problem would occur with such infrequent doses. In my mind this is somewhat like the current craze with designers called "pulsing", but more of a method to avoid receptor burn out as opposed to steroid sides (hair loss, gyno, liver damage).

Perhaps the risk of GH gut is too high with this method?

I'm not sure. Tell me why this would/wouldnt work.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I think that 20mcg/week would be too low, not really doing more than supressing some of your own production.

20mcg/day* might avoid receptor downregulation... trying that now on top of my TRT. That should be equal to 4iu of GH per day which does not seem to have effect fade-out.

Doing that as 40mcg EOD to avoid becoming a human pin-cushion. Still open to changes and might go to infrequent higher doses. Just started on this.

coop

Awards
I think that 20mcg/week would be too low, not really doing more than supressing some of your own production.

20mcg/day* might avoid receptor downregulation... trying that now on top of my TRT. That should be equal to 4iu of GH per day which does not seem to have effect fade-out.

Doing that as 40mcg EOD to avoid becoming a human pin-cushion. Still open to changes and might go to infrequent higher doses. Just started on this.

KSman

just wondering how you came up with the relationship of 20mcg
equaling 4iu og hgh? would that mean that 40 mcg would equal
8ui of hgh?

what do you think about 40mcg of IGF 3 days a week, 1-IU of HGH ED and 170 mcg of Pegy MGF 3 days week 24 hrs before the workout?

staying on the 1 iu og hgh all year but cycling the others 8 weeks on...8 weeks off

Coop

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
KSman

just wondering how you came up with the relationship of 20mcg
equaling 4iu og hgh? would that mean that 40 mcg would equal
8ui of hgh?

what do you think about 40mcg of IGF 3 days a week, 1-IU of HGH ED and 170 mcg of Pegy MGF 3 days week 24 hrs before the workout?

staying on the 1 iu og hgh all year but cycling the others 8 weeks on...8 weeks off

Coop
Most of the well know effects of GH are from the release of IGF-1 that it causes. So the amount of IGF-1 that equals the [typical] release of a unit if GH is a basic piece of info that many have sought. I have found a few references to the 10mgc lr3 IGF-1 having the same action as 1iu of GH. And a few posts from guys who have used both IGF-1 and HG stating that they felt that that relation was valid. Many want to know that equivalence to eval the costs of GH VS IGF-1 as well. Yes 40mcgIGF-1 would seem to equal 8iuGH.

Variations in that rule will occur as some with elevated IGF-1 binding protein will respond very well to lr3 IGF-1 as that resists the binding protein and would then be relatively more bio available than for a person who has lower levels of the IGF binding protein. I know a 52 YO who has been on 2iu GH 5/7 who is trying 20mcg IGF-1 ED instead and finding the IGF-1 has a much greater effect than the HG. But that may not be true for all and is probably more likely for older persons who typically have higher levels of binding proteins.

1iu of GH is a low dose HRT that an older person would benefit from. If someone younger than 40 take that, then they might not get an increase in IGF-1, but only down reg their own GH production. So one should not blindly make such a recommendation.

40mcg IGF-1 3 days a week would be reasonable for a cycle. Inject IM bilaterally 20 minutes after lifting when the pulse rate has recovered. You do not want a higher level of blood circulation washing out the IM to become systemic any faster that possible.

I can't speak to MGF.

coop

Awards
KSman

Thanks for the reply..very interesting. I can't wait to start

Coop

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Grunt did a write up about this very subject. I think its in one of the stickies. Do a search and you'll find it. But, if you run IGF at 40mcg twice a week, you can run it almost indefinitely.

coop

Awards
'll check that out...wonder if there's a big difference between 2 days and 3? i wanted to pin a different worked muscle each workout