My take on IGF-1

Page 13 of 42 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardgain
    This is the funniest response ever !

    Grrrrrunt, now that it has been several weeks since your fingers have been doing the walking and you had all of that quality time into your quads, how has this new pegMGF/IGF1-R3 panned out for you ? Are you in the mood to share with us some of your results during this recovery/reconditioning time ?

    :bb:
    Actually I only got to start IGF-1 very late into my healing process, contrarily to what my supplier had implied when I placed my order only a day or two before breaking my bones. So I did not see much out of it in terms of direct healing but the pain from the broken bones vanished quickly upon starting the IGF-1. That's all I got. Oh, yes, I have something more: pMGF did not seem to help at all with the bone pain.

  2. Registered User
    Sub7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    218

    question: as far as I see people are using insulin pins for injecting IGF and MGF. Do insulin pins only come in half-inch? Those are the only ones I could see around. Is half an inch deep enough? Do you ever need to use longer pins to get deeper into the muscle? For quads, for example, I think half an inch wouldn't be enough but this is just a wild quess...

    Thanks
  3. Registered User
    Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    UbiLand
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1847

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub7
    question: as far as I see people are using insulin pins for injecting IGF and MGF. Do insulin pins only come in half-inch? Those are the only ones I could see around. Is half an inch deep enough? Do you ever need to use longer pins to get deeper into the muscle? For quads, for example, I think half an inch wouldn't be enough but this is just a wild quess...

    Thanks
    half an inch is sufficient for most sites, unless you're a fat ass like Grunt and his crew.

    How much fat do you carry on your quads? I would hope not much.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    half an inch is sufficient for most sites, unless you're a fat ass like Grunt and his crew.

    How much fat do you carry on your quads? I would hope not much.
    I may be fat, but I still get plenty of snuggling. Plus, the " are quite long enough to hit my quads...
  5. Registered User
    Sub7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    218

    Actually quads are my leanest bodypart and I am under 12% bf. I was commenting on 1/2 inch pins because I thought that ideally you would want to inject right into the middle of the muscle (equal distance from the bone and skin) and half an inch wouldn't do this. But, if the experienced guys say 1/2 inch is good enough that is sufficient for me
  6. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub7
    Actually quads are my leanest bodypart and I am under 12% bf. I was commenting on 1/2 inch pins because I thought that ideally you would want to inject right into the middle of the muscle (equal distance from the bone and skin) and half an inch wouldn't do this. But, if the experienced guys say 1/2 inch is good enough that is sufficient for me
    There may be a point to using 1" needles in the quads, just so as to hit different fibers on the "first pass"...
  7. Registered User
    Sub7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    218

    Do They Even Sell 1 Inch Slin Pins? I Didn't See Any...
  8. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub7
    Do They Even Sell 1 Inch Slin Pins? I Didn't See Any...
    I think the smallest 1" are the 25 GA.... There may be 27ga but I don't think I have seen any...
  9. Registered User
    Arutkaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    105

    hey grunt iam going to compete this year and my shoulders is really my weak side.
    Where and how you you think i will lay it up. Iam going on the igf-1 on 3 weeks maybe mgf with it to
    what you think of this
    the day a training shoulders a pin the igf-1 in some place in the shoulders
    then the day a training arms (arms is my best muscle group dont need more arms at all) I do side lateras for the shoulder pretty hard 20 minutes of he end of the workout after the arms then pin igf-1 into the side of the shoulders .
    do you think its a smart way then i vill priotat my shoulders ? or how had you done ?
  10. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Arutkaf
    hey grunt iam going to compete this year and my shoulders is really my weak side.
    Where and how you you think i will lay it up. Iam going on the igf-1 on 3 weeks maybe mgf with it to
    what you think of this
    the day a training shoulders a pin the igf-1 in some place in the shoulders
    then the day a training arms (arms is my best muscle group dont need more arms at all) I do side lateras for the shoulder pretty hard 20 minutes of he end of the workout after the arms then pin igf-1 into the side of the shoulders .
    do you think its a smart way then i vill priotat my shoulders ? or how had you done ?
    Yes that is a good way to prioritize your shoulders. You could also train your rear delts with back and pin your rear delts with IGF-1 at the end of the workout. I actually do that sometimes. It is one of the more difficult spots to reach but it is doable.

    If you do MGF go with the Pegylated. Use it as I have described above and use the IGF as described here. That will have your shoulders catching up nicely. Update in a couple months allright?
  11. Registered User
    Arutkaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    105

    thanks bro very much! has not realy understood how iam going to do with the peg- mgf. I cant take that on the same days then a take igf-1? but I most take it on training days and injecting in my shoulders after training shoulders for best results?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    Yes that is a good way to prioritize your shoulders. You could also train your rear delts with back and pin your rear delts with IGF-1 at the end of the workout. I actually do that sometimes. It is one of the more difficult spots to reach but it is doable.

    If you do MGF go with the Pegylated. Use it as I have described above and use the IGF as described here. That will have your shoulders catching up nicely. Update in a couple months allright?
  12. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Arutkaf
    thanks bro very much! has not realy understood how iam going to do with the peg- mgf. I cant take that on the same days then a take igf-1? but I most take it on training days and injecting in my shoulders after training shoulders for best results?
    Pegylated MGF must be taken at least 12hours apart from any IGF-1. It does not matter if it is injected after the workout, before, or on a rest day. Just make sure that you use IGF-1 postworkout 12-30 hours after pinning the pMGF for best results.
  13. Registered User
    Sub7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    218

    OK Gentlemen,

    I have a few questions on how to prepare the solutions. They may sound excessively cautious, but this stuff costs $$$ and I think we should all make sure we get the most out of it.

    When you get the IGf powder and the Acetic Acid solution, you are not supposed to squirt the AA on the IGF powder, right? Since IGF is a fragile molecule, the AA must be dripped on it gently, or so I hear. After you do that, chances are you will not have obtained a uniform/homogenous solution. Is it ok to either shake the bottle or to mix the solution with the tip of a sterile needle? I believe you have to do this and do this a bit hard or the solution you obtain will just not be uniform. I may be exxagerating but unless there is some vigorous mixing going on, I believe you will end up injecting 100 mcg one day and 10 mcg the next even when using the same volume...

    Once the solution is mixed, is it OK to draw up everything in syringes, which means the last syringes will have their turn come up in 6-8 weeks. Ie. is the final IGF solution as stable in a plastic syringe as it would be in a glass bottle?

    Also, how about MGF? I believe MGF is not as fragile a solution as IGF but nevertheless, does one have to take care of the same issues with MGF?

    Finally, I know it has been discussed and I am sorry to ask again but which has to be refrigrated after reconstitution? IGF, MGF or neither? (It was said that IGF+AA is stable at 98 degrees for a year but I wanted to make sure)

    Thanks
  14. Registered User
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ct
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    559

    can IGFLR3 and PGF2A be used together at the same time[in the same injection?]
  15. Registered User
    jonesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    420

    i have a question regarding pre and post pinning. Lets say you pin your legs right before you work them. Would you not still get the benefits of site injections doing it that way the same as doing it post workout if you were able to hit the muscle group within say 5 mins??
  16. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    1386

    Quote Originally Posted by skull
    can IGFLR3 and PGF2A be used together at the same time[in the same injection?]
    Taking the dive and inj. Dinoprost or is it Lutalyse? Dinoprost needs sterile solution, LR3-IGF-1 needs AA so I don't think you can use the two in the same injection.

    I've got my own opinion but what is it you're planning?
  17. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub7
    OK Gentlemen,

    I have a few questions on how to prepare the solutions. They may sound excessively cautious, but this stuff costs $$$ and I think we should all make sure we get the most out of it.

    When you get the IGf powder and the Acetic Acid solution, you are not supposed to squirt the AA on the IGF powder, right? Since IGF is a fragile molecule, the AA must be dripped on it gently, or so I hear. After you do that, chances are you will not have obtained a uniform/homogenous solution. Is it ok to either shake the bottle or to mix the solution with the tip of a sterile needle? I believe you have to do this and do this a bit hard or the solution you obtain will just not be uniform. I may be exxagerating but unless there is some vigorous mixing going on, I believe you will end up injecting 100 mcg one day and 10 mcg the next even when using the same volume...

    Once the solution is mixed, is it OK to draw up everything in syringes, which means the last syringes will have their turn come up in 6-8 weeks. Ie. is the final IGF solution as stable in a plastic syringe as it would be in a glass bottle?

    Also, how about MGF? I believe MGF is not as fragile a solution as IGF but nevertheless, does one have to take care of the same issues with MGF?

    Finally, I know it has been discussed and I am sorry to ask again but which has to be refrigrated after reconstitution? IGF, MGF or neither? (It was said that IGF+AA is stable at 98 degrees for a year but I wanted to make sure)

    Thanks
    Don't shake the bottle of IGF-1. If it is clear, it is homogeneous, no worries. If it isn't after gently running 1cc of 100mM (0.6% AA) down the side of the vial to the powder, let it sit 5-10 minutes. Then it will turn clear. And it will be fully homogeneous. No needle, no shaking. GENTLY swirling it around in the vial in circular motion with the vial held upright is the most you CAN do without degrading it and the most you should ever need to do.

    Leave the solution in the vials. Air pressure and temperature changes can discharge syringes. True.

    Treat MGF the same as IGF-1 and you will be fine. Just reconstitute with BW not AA. Both should be refrigerated for best results.
  18. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboy
    i have a question regarding pre and post pinning. Lets say you pin your legs right before you work them. Would you not still get the benefits of site injections doing it that way the same as doing it post workout if you were able to hit the muscle group within say 5 mins??
    Maybe, maybe not. But the surest thing is that you will likely go hypoglycemic during your workout and be unable to train. Otherwise you need to pin it before your pre-workout meal, which is really not close to your workout time. Moreover, many report painful pumps by doing this, pumps that prevent fully working the muscle.
  19. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    Taking the dive and inj. Dinoprost or is it Lutalyse? Dinoprost needs sterile solution, LR3-IGF-1 needs AA so I don't think you can use the two in the same injection.

    I've got my own opinion but what is it you're planning?
    Dinoprost Tromethamine == Lutalyse

    Since they are both water based you could mix them in one syringe, yes.
  20. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    1386

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    Dinoprost Tromethamine == Lutalyse

    Since they are both water based you could mix them in one syringe, yes.
    I was wondering if he had the salt or the branded Lutalyse. I know they're the same. Thanks for correcting me.
  21. Registered User
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ct
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote View Post
    I was wondering if he had the salt or the branded Lutalyse. I know they're the same. Thanks for correcting me.
    Yes the vet brand LUTALYSE--Ive read you start your way up from 1mg[is this correct]? Any how theres 5mg in 1ml so in a 0.3 slin pin how many clicks =1ml?
  22. Registered User
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ct
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    559

    so a full 0.3 slin pin [30 ui] is 1/3 of a ml--so in my case =1.7 mgs a full 0.3 slin pin?
  23. Registered User
    Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But the surest thing is that you will likely go hypoglycemic during your workout and be unable to train. Otherwise you need to pin it before your pre-workout meal, which is really not close to your workout time. Moreover, many report painful pumps by doing this, pumps that prevent fully working the muscle.
    I pinned pre workout 40mcgs and went hypo and had to stop training and drink my trusty gotorade.
  24. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by skull View Post
    Yes the vet brand LUTALYSE--Ive read you start your way up from 1mg[is this correct]? Any how theres 5mg in 1ml so in a 0.3 slin pin how many clicks =1ml?
    Uh, what I've heard is start from 0.25mg. That would be 5iu on a slin pin. Probably you can do 10iu split bilateral.
  25. Registered User
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ct
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76 View Post
    Uh, what I've heard is start from 0.25mg. That would be 5iu on a slin pin. Probably you can do 10iu split bilateral.
    so thats 10 clicks on a 0.3 slin-split bilateral--thanx bro
  26. Registered User
    sikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    142

    I have read the whole thread, great info Grunt.

    I have a question for you Grunt, or anyone else who may be able to answer it.

    If the AA causes muscle necrosis, would this facilitate new muscle growth with the administration of a growth factor such as IGF-1?

    I have been on IGF-1 for a week now, i have been shooting with straight AA usually, sometimes with AA and bac water, all i can say is it burns with both, just less with bac water, anyway my AA is 9% bac water i think.

    I must say i love IGF-1, amazing stuff.
  27. Registered User
    Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by sikboy View Post
    I have read the whole thread, great info Grunt.

    I have a question for you Grunt, or anyone else who may be able to answer it.

    If the AA causes muscle necrosis, would this facilitate new muscle growth with the administration of a growth factor such as IGF-1?

    I have been on IGF-1 for a week now, i have been shooting with straight AA usually, sometimes with AA and bac water, all i can say is it burns with both, just less with bac water, anyway my AA is 9% bac water i think.

    I must say i love IGF-1, amazing stuff.

    Burns less the slower you shoot it in Sikboy

    <3 AcctGuy
  28. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by sikboy View Post
    I have read the whole thread, great info Grunt.

    I have a question for you Grunt, or anyone else who may be able to answer it.

    If the AA causes muscle necrosis, would this facilitate new muscle growth with the administration of a growth factor such as IGF-1?

    I have been on IGF-1 for a week now, i have been shooting with straight AA usually, sometimes with AA and bac water, all i can say is it burns with both, just less with bac water, anyway my AA is 9% bac water i think.

    I must say i love IGF-1, amazing stuff.
    There is nothing at all positive about muscle tissue necrosis even with whatever amount of IGF-1 you inject.
  29. Registered User
    sikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    142

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Burns less the slower you shoot it in Sikboy

    <3 AcctGuy
    Ya, i found that out the first time i shot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76 View Post
    There is nothing at all positive about muscle tissue necrosis even with whatever amount of IGF-1 you inject.
    Would you say muscle necrosis is a strong possibility with injecting AA?
  30. Registered User
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    1783

    Quote Originally Posted by sikboy View Post
    Ya, i found that out the first time i shot it.

    Would you say muscle necrosis is a strong possibility with injecting AA?
    That is utterly unknown.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. my take on usplabs jacked
    By lou38 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM
  2. My take on PGCL
    By Wonderman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
  3. My take on MMA and the direction it's going
    By FreakNasty22 in forum MMA
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 08:13 PM
  4. Here's my take on LR3 and t-3
    By JohnnyB in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 09:47 PM
  5. my take on m4ohn...
    By julius kelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in