My take on IGF-1

Page 13 of 32 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

grunt I really appreciate the info you have provided here and it has really helped me in regards to my IGF usage.

I was wondering if you recomend dosing the IGF differently in regards to injury recouperation? I just seperated my clavical from the chest plate yesterday(snowboarding not training) and have some tendon tearing as a result. We got it back in place today and the doctor gives me 6 weeks to slowly work my way back into training. He says IGF would usefull in my recovery, injected into the nearby muscle tissue. He is an athlete as well and is aware of what it is i'm doing.

In this type of situation would it make sense to do a 3 week cycle of 25-25mcg 2xtimes daily? or something similiar, or just stick with 40-50mcg EOD?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.67%

Unhappy

Grunt must ask you ! are on igf-1 and peg-mgf now 50 mcg igf-1 receptor grade.
    Peg-mgf 300 mcg/week 2 times per week
    and my stomach is very bloated and can"t eat so much my apitite is all gone and must have much food in me now !
    Have you heard about somebodyells that had this problem? and what to do?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    grunt I really appreciate the info you have provided here and it has really helped me in regards to my IGF usage.

I was wondering if you recomend dosing the IGF differently in regards to injury recouperation? I just seperated my clavical from the chest plate yesterday(snowboarding not training) and have some tendon tearing as a result. We got it back in place today and the doctor gives me 6 weeks to slowly work my way back into training. He says IGF would usefull in my recovery, injected into the nearby muscle tissue. He is an athlete as well and is aware of what it is i'm doing.

In this type of situation would it make sense to do a 3 week cycle of 25-25mcg 2xtimes daily? or something similiar, or just stick with 40-50mcg EOD?
    I agree with your twice a day 3 x week idea. That would work very well IMO. And dude, I need to find a doc just like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Arutkaf View Post
    Grunt must ask you ! are on igf-1 and peg-mgf now 50 mcg igf-1 receptor grade.
    Peg-mgf 300 mcg/week 2 times per week
    and my stomach is very bloated and can"t eat so much my apitite is all gone and must have much food in me now !
    Have you heard about somebodyells that had this problem? and what to do?
    How much do you weigh? Are you using 300mcg a week of pMGF or 600? 150mcg twice a week, right?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.67%

iam around 110kg pretty lean! yes using 300 mcg per week
    heard of something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76 View Post

How much do you weigh? Are you using 300mcg a week of pMGF or 600? 150mcg twice a week, right?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.46%

Grunt I came across an article regarding IGF. The author discusses its benefits but then goes on to these thoughts by Mauro Di Pasquale, MD,

"There is a feedback mechanism between the human growth hormone in the pituitary gland and the IGF-1 in the liver. The human growth hormone stimulates the release of IGF-1, but when the levels of IGF-1 rise to a certain point in the circulation, it signals the shutdown of growth hormone."

1. In your opinion is this accurate?
    2.What can be done to minimize this?
    3. Can CJC at help kick start the HGH natural production?

Thanks
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Arutkaf View Post
    iam around 110kg pretty lean! yes using 300 mcg per week
    heard of something like that?
    That is a small amount. No, I have never heard of such happenstances.

Quote Originally Posted by mr athlete View Post
    Grunt I came across an article regarding IGF. The author discusses its benefits but then goes on to these thoughts by Mauro Di Pasquale, MD,

"There is a feedback mechanism between the human growth hormone in the pituitary gland and the IGF-1 in the liver. The human growth hormone stimulates the release of IGF-1, but when the levels of IGF-1 rise to a certain point in the circulation, it signals the shutdown of growth hormone."

1. In your opinion is this accurate?
    2.What can be done to minimize this?
    3. Can CJC at help kick start the HGH natural production?

Thanks
    1. Yes. I highly respect Dr. Mauro DiPasquale and his work.
    2. Stack GH with your IGF-1.
    3. Yes, and so can GHRP-6 and hexarelin.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.67%

yes but I respone extreme on igf-1 had done it before on 40 mcg media grade and extreme results! hoping it will get better

That is a small amount. No, I have never heard of such happenstances.

1. Yes. I highly respect Dr. Mauro DiPasquale and his work.
    3. Yes, and so can GHRP-6 and hexarelin.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you do this though, aren't you reintroducing the "GH gut" problem that you're trying to avoid with your IGF protocol in the first place? (Not to mention spending lots of $$$.)
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also, do you think the recomp/fatloss properties of GH are primarily due to its effects on IGF and MGF? In this case, should IGF+MGF be expected to have similar fatloss properties? Or is this GH effect caused through some other mechanism?
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage View Post
    If you do this though, aren't you reintroducing the "GH gut" problem that you're trying to avoid with your IGF protocol in the first place? (Not to mention spending lots of $$$.)
    No, the GH gut problem only happens at high doses of GH stacked with insulin. Dosing IGF-1 ensures that insulin stays low.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage View Post
    Also, do you think the recomp/fatloss properties of GH are primarily due to its effects on IGF and MGF? In this case, should IGF+MGF be expected to have similar fatloss properties? Or is this GH effect caused through some other mechanism?
    GH has its own mechanism quite separate from IGF/MGF. One particularly important piece of evidence of this is the controversial "GH Fragment" which can elicit fatloss on its own, and in fairly dramatic amounts in some people.

I attribute IGF-1's fatloss prowess to a few things:

1. Low insulin. IGF-1 replaces insulin for a few hours but only shuttles nutrients to non-fat cells. This allows for lipolisys to continue even when lots of high GI carbs are ingested, a condition in which normally insulin rises and puts a stop to lipolysis.

2. Shuttling nutrients to only lean cells. That is obvious but it is a point on its own.

3. Hyperplasia consumes LOTS of energy! Proliferation of myoblasts also. This is slower energy consumption is suited to fat metabolism.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As far the anti-aging properties of GH goes, is it the IGF-1 that helps with this or another property of GH that does??

I'm asking because my wife is 38 and the little wrinkles are starting to bug her. We've talked about GH before, but if we could go straight to the IGF, that would be mch easier.

Also Grunt...would a woman's dosage be about 1/2 of a guys? She does lift pretty hard and eats cleaner than I do. She'd like a little more muscle, but other than that, she's pretty happy with her body.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    As far the anti-aging properties of GH goes, is it the IGF-1 that helps with this or another property of GH that does??

I'm asking because my wife is 38 and the little wrinkles are starting to bug her. We've talked about GH before, but if we could go straight to the IGF, that would be mch easier.

Also Grunt...would a woman's dosage be about 1/2 of a guys? She does lift pretty hard and eats cleaner than I do. She'd like a little more muscle, but other than that, she's pretty happy with her body.
    I believe that SOME of the anti-aging properties of GH are mediated through IGF-1 but, really, for anti-aging, nothing beats GH. Dosage should be equal to a male, but proportional to bodyweight. IOW a 150lb female would use as much GH as a 150lb male. Start low and work your way up, but for pure anti-aging, 2 x 1.5iu ED would be plenty.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I believe that SOME of the anti-aging properties of GH are mediated through IGF-1 but, really, for anti-aging, nothing beats GH. Dosage should be equal to a male, but proportional to bodyweight. IOW a 150lb female would use as much GH as a 150lb male. Start low and work your way up, but for pure anti-aging, 2 x 1.5iu ED would be plenty.
    Got it, thanks Grunt!
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.8%

Grunt,

I have a buddy of mine who won't touch igf because of the fear of the "gut effect" What type of dosage would you need in order for that to happen with igf??
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jonesboy View Post
    Grunt,

I have a buddy of mine who won't touch igf because of the fear of the "gut effect" What type of dosage would you need in order for that to happen with igf??
    That's been discussed quite a bit in this thread. Keep it under 40 mcg every three days and he should be fine.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Grunt,

100mcg ED is a good start. If that doesn't work, then 200mcg ED should help.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.8%

cool man can't wait to get it.... just kidding
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.5%

posted in new thread, ill keep my ops outta here then!
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by stvn View Post
    actually, screw it id be wasting my time
    Dammit. I had hoped that would be the last of your interventions in my thread.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks grunt, props to you for being helpful for so long on here

cheers:hot:
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

grunt, pardon me if this is on here somewhere and i missed it, but how long do you run the igf during your 2XED cutting cycles?

and just for an update how long are you currently running the 3X weekly bulking cycles ?
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by neverstop View Post
    grunt, pardon me if this is on here somewhere and i missed it, but how long do you run the igf during your 2XED cutting cycles?

and just for an update how long are you currently running the 3X weekly bulking cycles ?
    Yes, there are so many variations out there. Basically you can run either continuously. Note that I recommended 3x week for mass and never mentioned the cutting aspect, but yes you can run the twice a day continuously for months. Don't expect much mass, but hey you are cutting. As a nutrient partitioning agent, it is second to none. I mean you can literally have 100g of high GI carbs, shoot your IGF-1, never trigger insulin and thus never stop lipolysis. How cool is that?
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

that is great news, man i think igf if the best thing since bottled 40oz beers, (almost anyway)

i've got 6 more days of my 20mcg ED schedule and then
    i'm running the 3X weekly then until i run out
  25. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.8%

is it just me or does igf really make you crave sweets. I'm pretty good at staying away from them. but man has it been tough lately. The sweets have been winning a little lately. But the good thing is the igf seems to be keeping it off of my belly..
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

is it just me or does igf really make you crave sweets. I'm pretty good at staying away from them. but man has it been tough lately. The sweets have been winning a little lately. But the good thing is the igf seems to be keeping it off of my belly..
    I definitely crave carbs on this stuff.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Yeah after all it is INSULINLIKE. If you crave sweets, it's because you are going hypo. Eat more. The IGF-1 will put it away at the right places no matter what you eat...
  28. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.18%

Yea youre not alone brother. IGF-1 makes my appetite huge. I cant stop eating. Somehow, I still lean up around the waist though, which is great.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.46%

Is it just me or does anyone else get a sense of well being while on IGF. I cant describe it but man.... I am always in a great mood and my energy level is out of this world. Its kind of addictive.

Im in sales and I just kill it when Im on IGF.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%

I heard from a reputable source that Grunt smells like a ham sandwich that was left out in the sun.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Quote Originally Posted by mr athlete View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else get a sense of well being while on IGF. I cant describe it but man.... I am always in a great mood and my energy level is out of this world. Its kind of addictive.

Im in sales and I just kill it when Im on IGF.
    Yeh man that shiz feels like heaven. Especially postworkout when you have your endorphins kicking in...

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I heard from a reputable source that Grunt smells like a ham sandwich that was left out in the sun.
    OMFG the secret is out!!!
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80%

igf1lr3, peg-MGF, MGF, rHGH,MT-II

I source posted now I'm banned.
    Last edited by yeahright; 03-16-2007 at 02:41 AM.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Ewwww
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oh and Mary Zhou...it was nice to see you, too bad you won't be here long.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm having trouble with the quad tendon just above where attaches to me knee and am going to see a PT on Monday.

Grunt: Can IGF-1 be injected into or near that tendon for some healing help, if so, what dose??

I've been running IGF for about a month now at 40mcgs 3x's/wk. Shooting biceps, chest, lats, and shoulders, but rotating those.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

I'm having trouble with the quad tendon just above where attaches to me knee and am going to see a PT on Monday.

Grunt: Can IGF-1 be injected into or near that tendon for some healing help, if so, what dose??

I've been running IGF for about a month now at 40mcgs 3x's/wk. Shooting biceps, chest, lats, and shoulders, but rotating those.
    Yes you can inject into a tendon for near-immediate regeneration.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say! Thank you Grunt.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Did that shot a couple minutes ago. I wanted to wait a couple days after my last shot. That one hurt too! We'll see how it's feeling in a couple days.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%

Did that shot a couple minutes ago. I wanted to wait a couple days after my last shot. That one hurt too! We'll see how it's feeling in a couple days.
    Did it help any?
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Did it help any?
    No, but with reason. My PT thinks it's a patella tracking problem. He taped me up yesterday and showed me how to do it myself. The tape did help the pain I was having. In other words, no tendon problems. The IGF was worth a shot (no pun) though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. my take on usplabs jacked
    By lou38 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
  2. My take on PGCL
    By Wonderman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
  3. My take on MMA and the direction it's going
    By FreakNasty22 in forum MMA
    Replies: 19