Lr3 igf-1 carbohydrate amount

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i am going to start my first cycle of igf-1 pretty soon and had a question about how many carbs i will need to ingest daily to counteract the potential hypo effects.I know with Slin the basic rule is 10 grams of carbs per i.u.,but i have yet to find a concrete number for igf-1.I am currently on less than 20 grams of carbs per day and have been for several months,so how much would i have to increase my carbs to,to gain the maximum benefits from it?Thanks for the help.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
I have not come across any guidlines of that sort...However, why don't you run a log with your IGF, see if you can vary carb amounts each week...maybe you could be the guy to figure it out...:stick:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i am going to start my first cycle of igf-1 pretty soon and had a question about how many carbs i will need to ingest daily to counteract the potential hypo effects.I know with Slin the basic rule is 10 grams of carbs per i.u.,but i have yet to find a concrete number for igf-1.I am currently on less than 20 grams of carbs per day and have been for several months,so how much would i have to increase my carbs to,to gain the maximum benefits from it?Thanks for the help.
I dont think there is a set number of carbs you must consume in order to not go hypo. I do know that 20g is not enough when igf, but im sure you knew that. Like myfathersboy said, maybe you can be the first to figure it out. :D

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im not a rocket scientist or the like but from what Ive read, doing research and my freinds logs, 20 carbs is not gonna cut it at all. You should really have to up your carbs after a workout if you want your muscles to fill up which is the purpose of the product you are going to use, without that you will not get results, gotta feed the muscle no matter what you are doing. IMO I would think if you drank a carb shake with 80 carbs over 2 hours that would keep you from going into hypoglycemic stages, this is however after a workout though. Are you doing a Keto diet or Atkins like diet? I do not know your size however, this may need to be adjusted. I would recommend getting some keto stix and testing your urine after each delivery about 1 hour later to see if you are burning ketones, if you are than your not getting enough carbs after the delivery, This may take you a few days to master. I do alot of research by nature Im a book worm sorta say, I do not use said product but do have common sense :)

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Im not a rocket scientist or the like but from what Ive read, doing research and my freinds logs, 20 carbs is not gonna cut it at all. You should really have to up your carbs after a workout if you want your muscles to fill up which is the purpose of the product you are going to use, without that you will not get results, gotta feed the muscle no matter what you are doing. IMO I would think if you drank a carb shake with 80 carbs over 2 hours that would keep you from going into hypoglycemic stages, this is however after a workout though. Are you doing a Keto diet or Atkins like diet? I do not know your size however, this may need to be adjusted. I would recommend getting some keto stix and testing your urine after each delivery about 1 hour later to see if you are burning ketones, if you are than your not getting enough carbs after the delivery, This may take you a few days to master. I do alot of research by nature Im a book worm sorta say, I do not use said product but do have common sense :)
Hmmmm....

This sounds like it would work, Good call FNF.....

This will definately vary greatly from person to person but it would be nice to have a basic starting point.....

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am on a CKD,i am 5'7' 223 about 13-15%bf,so if 80 grams of carbs over two hours would suffice ,would that be all i would need to take in for the day or do i need to increase this as well?thanks for the input.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I am on a CKD,i am 5'7' 223 about 13-15%bf,so if 80 grams of carbs over two hours would suffice ,would that be all i would need to take in for the day or do i need to increase this as well?thanks for the input.
You would in all likelihood need to increase this. Its not so much as getting a ton of carbs right after injection, but a steady flow of carbs throughout the day. This is necessary in order to combat from going hypo.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Im thinking you still need a few during the day to avoid complete depletion, you could prolly stay on the amount you are already doing, and then after delivery take in the 80 grams of carbs over 2 hours, but do use a keto stick and test the first few days each half hour for the two hours and see, as long as you are not reading to high of ketones, I would shoot for the low end , if it shows more than a trace on the stick I would keep administering carbs, each person is so different though, the stix will help alot!

sikboy

sikboy

Awards
I do not know how many carbs exactly one would need to consume to help counter act the hypo effects.

When you feel hypo just drink some coke, eat fruit or consume other simple carbs until the feeling goes away.

Also the severity of the hypo can differ significantly, i have felt slightly hypo on a number of occasions and drunk around 250 ml of coke and felt good again, on other occasions i have been very hypo, sweating, feeling sick, dizzy, couldn't think straight ect and i had to drink just under a litre of coke and eat 2 apples, before i felt o.k.

Most of the time on LR3 IGF-1 i don't get hypo, i only seem to get very hypo if i have not eaten for just over 3 hours.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
The hypo effects are very much overblown with IGF. Its not even really an issue.

You want to consume a LOT of carbs with IGF, because it needs a lot of fuel to create all those new cells you are trying to get, not because you are going to go hypo if you don't. Give those new prospective cells fuel!!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
What if you're on the anabolic diet? I can nail one of those igf days with my refeed day, way more than enough carbs there, but the other igf day, I'm only going to get a max of 20 carbs pwo, adn 30 carbs total for the day.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, carbs aren't just needed on days you use IGF. Growth takes place for a couple of days afterwards. To me, it seems like a waste to use it on a carb restricted diet. (Unless you are just using it to lean out, in which case I still think its being wasted as there are better/cheaper alternatives)

Just my .02 :)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, carbs aren't just needed on days you use IGF. Growth takes place for a couple of days afterwards. To me, it seems like a waste to use it on a carb restricted diet. (Unless you are just using it to lean out, in which case I still think its being wasted as there are better/cheaper alternatives)

Just my .02 :)
I'm using it for PCT.

What do you think is a better/cheaper alternative?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
PCT is a good use for IGF. For leaning out there are many alternatives, most involve stims of some sort.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
post cycle therapy is a good use for IGF. For leaning out there are many alternatives, most involve stims of some sort.
That's mainly why I'm using it. But I'm also using in conjuction with the AD diet because of the hormonal advantages associated with the diet during PCT. Eggs, eggs, eggs, and no fat gain.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
while on igf i was eating almost 1000g carbs per day, my body was simply destroying them all and i ended up losing 3% bodyfat and gaining 4 lbs in 6 weeks sooo i would say carb up. and another efect i noticed was the more carbs i ate the more pumped i became, by the end of the day i would be almost inflated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0