MK-677 and Insulin

  1. MK-677 and Insulin


    Since many ppl that take GH also take insulin, I was wondering if anyone finds it beneficial to take very small dose of insulin while taking MK? I personally get hit hard from insulin crashes while on MK.

    I have taken GH in the past but without insulin. I didn't seem to have the same insulin crashes. when I took gh it was 2iu AM/ 2iu after WO/ and 1iu PM. I'm not talking about the drowsiness after a pulse, I'm talking about a true insulin crash when all your BG droppes to almost 0.

    I've looked into taking long release dextrose tabs but it doesn't seem like a good fix. Just wondering about experience and opinions


  2. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    Since many ppl that take GH also take insulin, I was wondering if anyone finds it beneficial to take very small dose of insulin while taking MK? I personally get hit hard from insulin crashes while on MK.

    I have taken GH in the past but without insulin. I didn't seem to have the same insulin crashes. when I took gh it was 2iu AM/ 2iu after WO/ and 1iu PM. I'm not talking about the drowsiness after a pulse, I'm talking about a true insulin crash when all your BG droppes to almost 0.

    I've looked into taking long release dextrose tabs but it doesn't seem like a good fix. Just wondering about experience and opinions
    Confused by your post... are you saying you are crashing on mk with or without insulin?

    Obviously if your glucose was dropping significantly then you would not want to add insulin, as that would compound the issue, and force BG lower.

    Just trying to understand what you are asking
    M.S. Exercise Physiology
    ACSM: Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist
    •   
       


  3. MK has been shown to raise Blood glucose levels
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Movin_weight View Post
    Confused by your post... are you saying you are crashing on mk with or without insulin?

    Obviously if your glucose was dropping significantly then you would not want to add insulin, as that would compound the issue, and force BG lower.

    Just trying to understand what you are asking
    I'm really just exploring the idea in general. I have heard that MK raises BG and I know ppl on GH usually pin slin. I was wondering if anyone uses minute amounts of slin for high BG and possibly dextrose tabs in between.

    The few guys who I know that tried slin was 70/30 so I would think unless your carb heavy [I'm trying to cut 20lbs] than you'll have fluxuations.

    Really I'm just exploring the idea since I can't find any info out there on MK and slin and I'm trying to avoid any massive crashes. SO far it seems I crash after meals, but also random times. I'm not hypoglycemic or diabetic so I'm just seeing if anyone has tried this.

  5. Yeah sounds like you are already having hyper insulin response from the increased gh.... prob causing mild insulin resistance. On low carb you would just be asking for complications adding slin.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology
    ACSM: Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Movin_weight View Post
    Yeah sounds like you are already having hyper insulin response from the increased gh.... prob causing mild insulin resistance. On low carb you would just be asking for complications adding slin.
    In this catagory I'm a novice. So you think increased GH is causing my body to produce more insulin and with low carb this is causing a low BG lvl? I was only told that after about 6 months on GH you can get insulin resistance [ I took 5mcg of GH for 1.5 years ] but that was as much info as I could find at the time. Please give extra info since you know this topic way better than me

  7. This doesn't work. MK677 causes 24 hour pulses whereas exogenous growth causes a release of glucose when injecting 8+ iu placing you in a hyperglycemic state 15-30 minutes post injection where insulin is required to push you back into a healthy glucose range. MK677 does not create such a drastic spike in blood sugar putting your vessels in a dangerous state.

    Insulin paired with higher doses of growth hormone is actually a protective safety measure, otherwise you are placing yourself in an untreated diabetic state.

    Metformin would be a better option imo.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
  8. MK-677 and Insulin


    Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    In this catagory I'm a novice. So you think increased GH is causing my body to produce more insulin and with low carb this is causing a low BG lvl? I was only told that after about 6 months on GH you can get insulin resistance [ I took 5mcg of GH for 1.5 years ] but that was as much info as I could find at the time. Please give extra info since you know this topic way better than me
    It's more of a guess based on your symptoms, but yes when there is an increase in gh it can cause more glucose to enter the blood stream following meals. The body counters with an aggressive insulin release... which is what causes the "crash" symptoms. It's not necessarily insulin resistance, but the response is common with the onset of insulin resistance. It's more common with meals consisting of simple carbs, or when you eat on an empty stomach.

    What is mentioned in the post above is an extreme measure where the body cannot compensate for the increase in blood glucose, and therefore the extra insulin is used to drive it back down. Same situation here if too much insulin is added, the person can experience a crash or even worse.

    With mk77 you may get hypo symptoms from the extra insulin your body produces to combat blood sugar, but it should be able to regulate relatively well. Worse I get is a little dizzy/shakes for a minute or two.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology
    ACSM: Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Movin_weight View Post
    It's more of a guess based on your symptoms, but yes when there is an increase in gh it can cause more glucose to enter the blood stream following meals. The body counters with an aggressive insulin release... which is what causes the "crash" symptoms. It's not necessarily insulin resistance, but the response is common with the onset of insulin resistance. It's more common with meals consisting of simple carbs, or when you eat on an empty stomach.

    What is mentioned in the post above is an extreme measure where the body cannot compensate for the increase in blood glucose, and therefore the extra insulin is used to drive it back down. Same situation here if too much insulin is added, the person can experience a crash or even worse.

    With mk77 you may get hypo symptoms from the extra insulin your body produces to combat blood sugar, but it should be able to regulate relatively well. Worse I get is a little dizzy/shakes for a minute or two.
    I still havn't gotten a BG meter just been busy. This sounds very close to what I deal with except I only eat complez carbs except a meal or 2 a week. I really can't throw in another snack or 3 becuause I'm on a 400 cal deficit to lose 20lbs so I really dont know what to do.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    I still havn't gotten a BG meter just been busy. This sounds very close to what I deal with except I only eat complez carbs except a meal or 2 a week. I really can't throw in another snack or 3 becuause I'm on a 400 cal deficit to lose 20lbs so I really dont know what to do.
    A good GDA should help the body lower the blood glukos level and therefore the aggressive insulin response that could occur.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MK-677 and CARDARINE
    By adamg75 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 01:09 PM
  2. MK-677 and Blood Pressure
    By GreenMachineX in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 02:17 AM
  3. MK 677 and LGD Sides?
    By dhickey in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 11:48 AM
  4. Mk-677 and Dmz
    By BigWiggs92 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 05:38 PM
  5. Ibutamoren/MK-677 and or STR3NGTH PCT?
    By Zariph in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Log in
Log in