injecting problems

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I dont know if im the only 1 that has this problem but i have alot of trouble breaking the skin with insulin pins, im doing subcut abdominal injetions,and it just seems that I have to push to hard to break the skin and it does sting, years ago I pinned insulin the same way and I dont quite remember having this problem.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
so nobody has problems with insulin needles I must b the only 1

jamjoe

Awards
Do you have less fat on your abdominals than you did "years ago"? That could cause it to sting more.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Been doin a lot of GH? GH thickens the skin.
Otherwise, IDK.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
so nobody has problems with insulin needles I must b the only 1
This happens to me sometimes. I have trouble piercing the skin and it burns pretty badly. Other times, the pin slides in like butter, so idk.

I've been trying to figure it out for myself, have a few ideas:

*the needle is getting dulled while drawing from vial
*pinching the injection site too hard
*not letting the alcohol dry (this fuggin' burns)

The last one would be psychological. The extra pain makes the inject seem more difficult b/c you gotta focus to overcome your body's "ow, wtf " response.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I am considerably leaner than I was a while back especially in the mid section, have not taken gh but my skin does seem to be somewhat thick and elastic, idk but I do believe that the needle dulls way 2 much from the vial

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna go with the needle is getting dull. sometimes i have a problem breaking the skin when I'm using my HCG. Last night i was drawing from a glass beaker and the needle was scratching the glass, it was a pain in the ass to get that pin through the skin but finally it went through so maybe your needles are just dull.

DeltaNiner

Awards
Are you recycling pins? Using the same pins multiple times will dull the needle.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
no recycling pretty sure the needle gets dull from the rubber stopper

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I had this problem when using cheap Walgreens slin pins...since I switched to BD it's a lot better.

DeltaNiner

Awards
BD is a medical brand.

Yea the rubber stopper can have that effect.