GHRP-6 plan for chronic tendonitis

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I've been suffering from chronic tendonitis in my distal brachialis tendon (i.e. at the elbow) for nearly 8 months. This limits me from engaging in two of my favorite activities playing bass and lifting weights. I've tried the traditional approaches of rest, self-myofascial release, ART, cissus, nsaids, diclofinac gel (voltaren), and have been sporting an othotic for the past month. Since it is still not healed, I'm thinking of giving GHRP-6 a try.

My plan is to take it once a few hours before been then once in the middle of the night. I have been CKDing since May so hopefully I'll sleep through any hypo issues.

I use 100-150mcg each dose and will be running p-5-p, 1-carboxy, and a anti-cort supp. to keep prolactin and cortisol at bay.

I have two questions though: is my suggested protocol ok for joint tendon repair and will I see results in only a 4 week cycle? Ideally, I'd like to run it for 6 weeks along side a low dose of igf-1 lr3 but I'm strapped for cash atm. :(

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
I have had bicep tendonitis for 6 months so i feel your pain. I also have tried nsaids, voltaren (which is worthless) anti-inflamatory supps like Flameout.

I also got some GHRP-6 but i can't use it for 2 weeks cuz im going on a trip and dont want to take it with me.

Let me know how it works for you.

Awards
GH will help tendons produce more collagen,but might not alter the type1:type3 ratio. And from what i've read in chronic tendosis the tendon cells make to many type3. And that is why there is a contenuing problem, the less favorable ratio makes the tendon weaker and more prone to damage--->infammation. So alot of stuff like hgh and androgens will make you produce more collagen and heal faster. But does it heal strong? Thats more complecated and depends on the genes in the damaged cells. But one thing i'm going to try is CLA. In rat tendons ppar-gamma antagonists selectivly increase type1.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
GH will help tendons produce more collagen,but might not alter the type1:type3 ratio. And from what i've read in chronic tendosis the tendon cells make to many type3. And that is why there is a contenuing problem, the less favorable ratio makes the tendon weaker and more prone to damage--->infammation. So alot of stuff like hgh and androgens will make you produce more collagen and heal faster. But does it heal strong? Thats more complecated and depends on the genes in the damaged cells. But one thing i'm going to try is CLA. In rat tendons ppar-gamma antagonists selectivly increase type1.
Thanks for the info. :cheers:

popo

Awards
well I have partially biceps tendon tear -distal - and have read any possible infos on healing ect-
what i found is that Igf-1 among other growth factors increase collagen type I over type III, and that it induce paralel alingment of fibers ( proper ) in remodeling phase of healing.- I have this injury probably from overuse ( doctors blame AAS-last cycle was 6 year ago :18::18::18: ) of course they send me home- there is nothing to operate.

so probably overuse of tendon. I am planing Igf-1lr3 for healing properties near the injured site.

the main problem is that everywhere is explaned that tendon doesnt reach its biomehanical properties after healing in contrast to before injured.
- it is because of collagen type III take place instead of type I- but with IGF-1 it seams that collagen type 1 take place quickly- at leas I found that it is used and reached in animals ( horse tendon ) .

I hope tendon after this will reach its biomechanical properties at least 90 % if not more in contrast to before injury- I realy hope

Awards
popo, What type of injuries responded well to igf-1? Chronic over use, acute ruptures or both?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
well I have partially biceps tendon tear -distal - and have read any possible infos on healing ect-
what i found is that Igf-1 among other growth factors increase collagen type I over type III, and that it induce paralel alingment of fibers ( proper ) in remodeling phase of healing.- I have this injury probably from overuse ( doctors blame AAS-last cycle was 6 year ago :18::18::18: ) of course they send me home- there is nothing to operate.

so probably overuse of tendon. I am planing Igf-1lr3 for healing properties near the injured site.

the main problem is that everywhere is explaned that tendon doesnt reach its biomehanical properties after healing in contrast to before injured.
- it is because of collagen type III take place instead of type I- but with IGF-1 it seams that collagen type 1 take place quickly- at leas I found that it is used and reached in animals ( horse tendon ) .

I hope tendon after this will reach its biomechanical properties at least 90 % if not more in contrast to before injury- I realy hope
Thanks bro. Overuse injuries are quite the pain; hope that sh*t heals up for ya.

I started high dose colostrum (20g daily) which is supposed to increase igf-1 levels. Hopefully, this will suffice until I can save enough bucks up for the lr3. Have CLA on the way as well (props 314)

popo

Awards
popo, What type of injuries responded well to igf-1? Chronic over use, acute ruptures or both?
Please read this carefuly -very interesting - I am on Lr3 right now and will make ultrasound in a few weeks to see what is going on with it.

in the below text you can see that Igf-1 have large effects on tendons and ligament healing but HGH does not -please read all-I arased some of it to fit.

BMC Physiol. 2007; 7: 2.
Published online 2007 March 26. doi: 10.1186/1472-6793-7-2. PMCID: PMC1851714

Copyright © 2007 Provenzano et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
Systemic administration of IGF-I enhances healing in collagenous extracellular matrices:
Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a crucial role in wound healing and tissue repair. We tested the hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I, or growth hormone (GH), or both (GH+IGF-I) would improve healing in collagenous connective tissue, such as ligament. These hypotheses were examined in rats that were allowed unrestricted activity after injury and in animals that were subjected to hindlimb disuse. Male rats were assigned to three groups: ambulatory sham-control, ambulatory-healing, and hindlimb unloaded-healing. Ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals underwent surgical disruption of their knee medial collateral ligaments (MCLs), while sham surgeries were performed on control animals. Healing animals subcutaneously received systemic doses of either saline, GH, IGF-I, or GH+IGF-I. After 3 weeks, mechanical properties, cell and matrix morphology, and biochemical composition were examined in control and healing ligaments.
Results
Tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline had significantly greater strength than tissue from saline receiving hindlimb unloaded animals. Addition of IGF-I significantly improved maximum force and ultimate stress in tissues from both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals with significant increases in matrix organization and type-I collagen expression. Addition of GH alone did not have a significant effect on either group, while addition of GH+IGF-I significantly improved force, stress, and modulus values in MCLs from hindlimb unloaded animals. Force, stress, and modulus values in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals receiving IGF-I or GH+IGF-I exceeded (or were equivalent to) values in tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline with greatly improved structural organization and significantly increased type-I collagen expression. Furthermore, levels of IGF-receptor were significantly increased in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I.
Conclusion
These results support two of our hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I improve healing in collagenous tissue. Systemic administration of IGF-I improves healing in collagenous extracellular matrices from loaded and unloaded tissues. Growth hormone alone did not result in any significant improvement contrary to our hypothesis, while GH + IGF-I produced remarkable improvement in hindlimb unloaded animals.

References BackgroundInsulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a crucial role in muscle regeneration, can reduce age-related loss of muscle function, and cause muscle hypertrophy when over-expressed [1-5]. These effects appear to be largely mediated by promoting proliferation and differentiation of satellite cells [3] as well as promoting recruitment of proliferating bone marrow stem cells to regions of muscle tissue damage [6]. Furthermore IGF-I and growth hormone (GH) are involved in a large variety of physiologic functions and are reported to promote healing and repair in bone [7,8], cartilage [9-11], gastric ulcers [12], muscle [13,14], skin [15-17], and tendon [18,19]. This action is largely mediated by the fact that GH and IGF-I directly affect cells involved in the healing response [20-30], with IGF-I having endocrine action, as well as local expression, resulting in autocrine and/or paracrine signaling that plays a role in proliferation, apoptosis, cellular differentiation, and cell migration [31-36]. Insulin-like growth factor-I also stimulates fibroblast synthesis of extracellular matrix (ECM) molecules such as proteoglycans and type I collagen [18,30,37,38], and IGF-I mRNA and protein levels are increased in healing ligaments [39] and tendons [40], respectively. As such, IGF-I is of particular interest in tissue regeneration due to its influence on cell behavior and role in type I collagen expression.
Fibrous connective tissues, such as ligament and tendon, are composed primarily of type I collagen with type III collagen levels increased during healing [41]. During development, collagen molecules organize into immature collagen fibrils that fuse to form longer fibrils [42-45]. In mature tendon and ligament these fibrils appear to be continuous and transfer force directly through the matrix [46]. In ligament, groups of fibrils form fibers and it is these fiber bundles that form fascicles; the primary structural component of the tissue. Previous studies in healing ligament have shown that disruption of the medial collateral ligament (MCL) results in substantial reduction in mechanical properties which does not return to normal after long periods of healing [47]. Such tissue behavior is likely associated with matrix flaws, reduced microstructural organization, and small diameter collagen fibrils in the scar region of the ECM [48-50]. Additionally, during normal ligament healing collagen fibrils from residual tissue fuse with collagen fibrils formed in the scar region [51]. However, in tissues which are exposed to a reduced stress environment such as joint immobilization [52] or hindlimb unloading [48] collagen fibers contain discontinuities and voids [48] which likely account for the substantial decrease in tissue strength when compared to ligaments experiencing physiologic stress during healing. Since soft tissue injuries are common and do not heal properly in a stress-reduced environment [48,52], such as is present during prolonged bed rest or spaceflight, methods to further understand tissue healing and promote tissue healing require study.
The purpose of this study is to test the hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I, GH, or GH+IGF-I will improve healing in a collagenous ECM. Furthermore, since the addition of GH has been shown to up-regulate IGF-I receptor [53], levels of IGF-I receptor in healing tissues were examined in order to begin to elucidate the molecular mechanism by which GH and/or IGF-I may be acting to locally to stimulate tissue repair. Since IGF-I and GH are feasible for clinical use, identifying benefits from short-term systemic administration, such as improved connective tissue healing, have great potential to improve the human condition. The hypotheses are examined in animals that are allowed normal ambulation after injury and in animals that are subjected to disuse through hindlimb unloading. The MCL was chosen as a model system since this ligament, unlike tendons, has no muscular attachment and therefore possible alterations in muscle strength after IGF-I and/or GH treatment do not impose substantial differential loads on the ligament during hindlimb unloading. Furthermore, since MCLs have two attachments/insertions into bone, and hindlimb unloading/disuse is known to reduce the mechanical properties of bone [48,54], failure location was recorded for all mechanical testing. Results indicate improved mechanical properties and collagen organization and composition of the collagenous extracellular matrix following treatment with IGF-I in both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals or IGF-I+GH in hindlimb unloaded animals.

Elastic modulus values at 3 weeks (mean ± S.E.M.). The additional of IGF-I significantly improved elastic modulus levels in tissues from ambulatory healing animals when compared to tissues from ambulatory healing animals which received saline (more ...)

In accordance with data showing increased matrix deposition and organization (Figs. 4 and 5), expression of type-I collagen was increased in tissues from IGF-I treated ambulatory (p = 0.0018) and unloaded (p = 0.0006) animals and GH+IGF-I treated unloaded tissue (p = 0.0005; Figs. 6A and 6B). Densitometry analysis further confirmed an increase in type-I collagen since the ratio of type-I to type-III collagen was significantly increased in tissues from ambulatory animals treated with IGF-I (p = 0.0129) and in unloaded tissues from GH+IGF-I treated animals (p = 0.0131), with a trend of increased levels in ambulatory GH+IGF and HU + IGF tissues (Fig. 7). Since normal ligaments are primarily composed of type I collagen and the scar region of normal healing ligaments contain an increase in type III collagen [41] that is remodeled to transition to more type I collagen rich region over the healing period, changes in the type I to III ratio are a measure of healing and may indicate part of the structural mechanism resulting in the observed differences in mechanical properties following treatment.
Figure 5
Multiphoton Laser Scanning Microscopy (MPLSM) was performed on hematoxylin and eosin sections in order to evaluate the organization and structure of the collagen matrix in more detail then allowed by conventional brightfield light microscopy. The longitudinal (more ...)

Figure 6
Significantly increased expression of type-I collagen in tissues from animals treated with IGF-I. (A: Left) Immunohistochemistry shows increased staining for type I collagen in ambulatory tissues when compared to Sham, while hindlimb unloaded tissues (more ...)

Figure 7
Densitometry analysis of type I and III collagen expression. Quantification of Western blots for type I and III collagen indicated that the ratio of type I to type III collagen was significantly increased in tissues from ambulatory animals treated with (more ...)

Lastly, GH has been reported to increase levels of IGF receptors [53]. Herein, ambulatory IGF-I and GH+IGF-I treated animals showed a strong trend of increased IGF-I receptor expression, although this trend was not significant (Fig. 8). However, in hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, IGF-I receptor expression was significantly increased (Fig. 8). Hence, increased levels of IGF-I receptor in healing tissues may be part of the molecular mechanism by which systemic administration of IGF-I and GH+IHG-I act to locally to stimulate tissue repair.
Figure 8
Densitometry analysis of IGF-I receptor expression. Ambulatory IGF-I and GH+IGF-I treated animals showed a strong trend of increased IGF-I receptor expression, however, this trend was not significant. In hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or (more ...)

References DiscussionPrevious work in our laboratory has shown that mechanical properties and matrix organization of MCLs are substantially reduced after injury and that this impairment is significantly compounded by stress reduction through hindlimb unloading [48]. This result is confirmed by examination of the mechanical properties in MCLs from the saline receiving control groups in this study (Sham, Amb + Sal, HU + Sal) which are not significantly different from values obtained in our previous work in tissues from sham, ambulatory healing, and hindlimb unloaded animals after three weeks of healing [48]. Furthermore, structural analysis of the matrix with MPLSM confirmed previous morphological information obtained with electron microscopy [48], elucidating changes in the structure-function relationship, such as collagen fiber misalignment and matrix voids, that help explain the reduced mechanical properties associated with tissue unloading (i.e. disuse).
Results of this study demonstrate a substantial increase in healing with the systemic application of IGF-I in ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals and with GH + IGF-I in hindlimb unloaded animals. Since the strong majority of tissues failed in the ligament and not by avulsion, it is clear that the mechanical properties of the ligament are being evaluated and that systemic treatment with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I improves the integrity of the collagenous matrix. This finding is in contrast with results from healing tendons following local injections of IGF-I that showed no significant improvement in the mechanical properties of treated tendons [18], indicating that local and systemic administration of IGF-I may act through different mechanisms. Furthermore, it is interesting that IGF-I alone positively influenced healing in tissues from both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals, while combined GH and IGF-I only had a positive affect on tissues from HU animals. Since IGF-I increased tissue strength measures by ~60% in both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals, it appears that IGF-I improves healing regardless of mechanical loading and that the affects of mechanical loading and IGF-I may be additive. Interestingly, addition of GH alone showed a trend of decreasing the mechanical properties of healing ligaments and hematomas in the healing site, further supporting the concept of a negative role for GH in ligament healing, even though combined supplementation of GH+IGF-I has been reported to increase serum IGF-I levels more than adding IGF-I alone [61,62]. Hence, the behavior reported herein is a complex phenomena superimposing the influence of mechanotransduction during tissue loading, local growth factor signaling, and endocrine hormone levels, yet implies a positive role for IGF-I and a negative role for GH in connective tissue healing through mechanisms that are, to date, not well understood.
Connective tissue atrophy and diminished levels of healing after disuse (e.g. spaceflight, hindlimb unloading, immobilization, etc.) is associated with reduced physical stimuli, however local growth factor signaling, and endocrine factors also play an important role. For instance, it is well established that microgravity or simulated microgravity disrupts pituitary GH function [58-60] and alters IGF-I expression and plasma concentration [60,63]. Interestingly, in this study the addition of GH alone, which can bind to cells via specific surface receptors activating numerous signaling pathways that direct changes in gene expression [64-67], did not offer any significant increase in mechanical properties. In contrast, the addition of IGF-I significantly improved the mechanical properties of tissues in treated animals, likely through structural improvements in the extracellular matrix as seen in Figures 4 and 5. In ambulatory animals treated with IGF-I and unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, MCL matrix organization was greatly improved. This may be due to increased type-I collagen expression resulting in increased the matrix density, and altered cell behavior resulting in a more organized collagen matrix. Given the clear increases in matrix alignment, it appears probable that either collagen organization is initially improved during post-fibrillogenesis deposition or better organized during continued matrix remodeling, or both. Since collagen alignment is achieved before substantial tissue loading during fetal development [46,68], which is not reproduced during tissue repair in unloaded mature tissue [48], and it appears that matrix repair in adult tissue may be an imperfect reversion to processes seen in fetal development [46], addition of IGF-I may be stimulating signaling pathways similar to those seen during development. Moreover, one possible link in the molecular mechanism playing a role in increased matrix organization and collagen expression may be signals associated with IGF-I receptor signaling as indicated by increased IGFR levels in treated animals. However, IGFR activation was not examined in this study and multiple pathways associated with IGFR and matrix adhesion signaling (i.e. integrin signaling) are likely acting in concert to produce the profound improvements seen after IGF-I treatment. Hence, it is clear from these data that further work studying the systemic effects IGF-I need to be performed in order to better understand the mechanism of IGF-I administration on local tissue behavior.
It is known that soft tissue injuries do not fully recover even after long periods of healing [47] and stress reduction has a negative effect on healing in collagenous tissue, [48,52] which does not return to normal after re-establishing physiologic stress (i.e. remobilization) [69]. This pattern of healing is problematic since the injured joint often need immobilization, the growing aged population often experiences decreased activity levels or prolonged bed rest, and since prolonged space flight is becoming more feasible. Therefore, methods to improve tissue healing and counteract this negative decline during injury and/or disuse are increasing in need. The reported application of IGF-I clearly has a positive effect on tissue repair from a mechanical (functional) viewpoint, and therefore shows promise to improving normal tissue healing and to improving healing under normal or disuse conditions. Of particular note is the increase in force, stress, and elastic modulus in tissues from unloaded animals with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, which become comparable to or surpass levels in ambulatory (Amb + Sal) animals. This improvement in tissue properties compares well with other methods to improve tissue repair, but may be more clinically feasible. For instance, application of PDGF-BB has also shown promising improvements in fibrous connective tissue healing. In two studies allowing unrestricted cage movement, Batten and co-workers [70] reported increases in maximal force up to 90% of controls, and Hildebrand and co-workers [71] reported increases in force of ~50% after PDGF-BB was administered locally immediately following injury. However, administering PDGF-BB 48 hrs post-injury resulted in decreased force values [70], while administering IGF-I post-injury herein improved tissue healing. Therefore, the results presented in this paper showing an increase in maximal force of ~60% in ambulatory animals after 3 weeks of systemic IGF-I compares favorably to the levels of improvement previously reported in the literature but treatment can begin post-injury. Yet, although short term systemic application of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I provide compelling evidence for improved healing in a collagenous matrix, potential side effects of altering GH and IGF-I levels for long periods of time have not yet been fully explored in conjunction with these data and therefore further study is required before long term use is warranted in humans.

References ConclusionIn conclusion, results support our hypothesis that systemic administration of IGF-I improves healing in collagenous extracellular matrices. Growth hormone alone did not result in any significant improvement contrary to our hypothesis, while GH + IGF-I produced remarkable improvement in hindlimb unloaded animals. Interestingly, addition of IGF-I or GH + IGF-I in HU animals resulted in recovery of strength measures to a level equal to ambulatory controls, indicating that in fact IGF-I may be a plausible therapy for overcoming reduced tissue healing due to disuse from bed rest, immobilization, or microgravity. Additionally, although supplementation with IGF-I in ambulatory animals did not result in full recovery of the mechanical properties at 3 weeks, treatment resulted in an ~60% increase in tissue strength demonstrating the potential for IGF-I to improve tissue healing. These changes in tissue healing with tissue loading or IGF-I supplementation raise important questions regarding the essential role of mechanical stress for collagen matrix organization in connective tissues and the mechanisms by which systemic IGF-I or GH+IGF-I lead to improved tissue healing.

popo

Awards
Thanks bro. Overuse injuries are quite the pain; hope that sh*t heals up for ya.

I started high dose colostrum (20g daily) which is supposed to increase igf-1 levels. Hopefully, this will suffice until I can save enough bucks up for the lr3. Have CLA on the way as well (props 314)
COlostrum wont help at all - dont waste your money.
take omega-3 or curcumin - they inhibit Cox ( innflamatory ) and act as antiinflamatory to reduce build up of collagen type III fibers, in that way in first ( from day one to maybe 7-15. day ) inflamatory phase there will be less build up of collagen type III in contract of type I, and will be more chance to type I to take place in the first place. In inflamatory reaction there are many growth factors include among crucial are TGF b1, FGF, IGf-1.
It seems that TGF b1 is responsible at some percent to build up of type III collagen in that first inflamatory phase to rather form good bond in between broken fibers and scaring tissue now taking place after that.
with IGF-1 it seems that this can be avoided because Igf-1 induce collagen buid up in favor of collagen type I so there is less scar tissue in the first place. After that ther is recuperation phase where inflamatory reaction is over and tissue and new forming tissue start to take place.

Later in remodeling phase when type III fibers become type I is more profound with IGF-1 than without it and there is less type III in the first place if IGF-1 was administered in the some part of inflamatory phase trough recuperation phase to remodeling phase.

With IGF-1 there is less scaring, more type I collagen instead of weak type III, tendons recuperate much faster, there is less type III in remodeling phase left to remodeling to type I if IGF-1 was administered.

strength and biomechanical properties of tendon and ligaments increase by 60 % in two weeks.

hope this info help a little- If I spelled wrong -sorry I am not english or american.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice y'all. It's too late for the megadose colostrum; been taking the it for several days now. The only thing I've noticed so far is an increase in hunger and a nice burst of energy after I take it. My body also looks a lot dryer too since I started it and muscle fullness is up despite being on low carbs. Based on these observations, I am expecting a slight recomp effect. Only time will tell if it has a positive effect on my tendon. I do have homebrewed liquid var on hand but I'd rather save it for when I can workout.

Pinned my first dose of 100mg d-Lys(3) grhp-6 last night. Slept like a baby and woke up very refreshed. My appetite was suppresed upon waking; it was extremely difficult to eat breakfast. It would be fun to run it at 100mg 3 times a day. Based on the studies posted though, I think igf-1 lr3 would be my best bet. I'll see how much $$$ I can scrounge up on my spring break. If I'm lucky, I can get the igf-1 and maybe more grhp-6 but if that falls through I might resort to a low dose of var (probably 20mg a day).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from what i've been looking at, the ghrp-6/cjc-1295 might work out well too. it still will raise GH levels, but your liver should create more igf-1 with the high gh level.

Gaijiin

Awards
Yes, there is a Santa Claus

Rhyno I would strongly encourage you to take the time and expense to use localized low dose injs of LR3. Although we all agree that reguardless of inj site LR3's effects are systemic. What can't be denied though are numerous accounts of specific injury sites being "repaired" from use. I myself rehabilitated a shoulder injury with just 2 mg's back to back use. I also concurr that indirectly,:burnout::burnout: a longer therapy of CJC/GHRP would be beneficial, I would pre-empt that stack with a run of LR3 stacked with yes fellas a progestin based AAS. So there are your reparative cycles. Good luck dude.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice Gaijin. Any recommendations on dosing the igf-1 lr3? I am not quite sure of what is recommended for injury recovery.

Gaijiin

Awards
Let the games begin!!

:burnout:LR3 is potent stuff, especially if you have never used it before. Read the basic threads to get an idea of its general mechanism, and treat it with the same respect as you would actual insulin. Use it daily post workout, make sure you have your whey isolate,BCAA,NAG,creatine,waxy maize or dextrose mixture on hand to consume immediately. For your purposes 25-35 mcg is plenty.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Rhyno I would strongly encourage you to take the time and expense to use localized low dose injs of LR3. Although we all agree that reguardless of inj site LR3's effects are systemic. What can't be denied though are numerous accounts of specific injury sites being "repaired" from use. I myself rehabilitated a shoulder injury with just 2 mg's back to back use. I also concurr that indirectly,:burnout::burnout: a longer therapy of CJC/GHRP would be beneficial, I would pre-empt that stack with a run of LR3 stacked with yes fellas a progestin based AAS. So there are your reparative cycles. Good luck dude.
Can you advise why a progestin AAS should be stacked with the IGF? Im excited about possibly utillizing something like this for my shoulder/bicep tears.

Gaijiin

Awards
Progestin's as a group, are markedly anabolic versus androgenic. If you run several searches and review logs and threads associated with the compounds, you'll notice a general trend of benefiting connective tissue. This is especially true of anything "Deca" in characteristics. I loved the old Nor-Diol compounds as well for this specific purpose. Now That I've said this I will cite the one exception, anything "SUPERDROL" or its clone. Most users experienced joint dryness after any length on this stuff, avoid it. Believe it or not, my fav was cyclo-nordiol:laugh:!!

Gaijiin

Awards
Cont'd

Why the LR3? We want the increased satellite cells which inititiate actual connective tissue regeneration,.. and even though we all agree LR3 is systemic, we want to maximize the chances of a higher concentration at the troubled site. All of this being accomplished in a markedly anabolic environment thanks to our companion AAS/Ph of choice.....Worked for me.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Rhyno any updates? I have taken 100mcg of GHRP-6 a day for 3 days to treat my shoulder tendonitis. Nothing to report just yet.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Rhyno any updates? I have taken 100mcg of GHRP-6 a day for 3 days to treat my shoulder tendonitis. Nothing to report just yet.
It's been almost two weeks and nothing to report except a nice change in body comp. In a couple weeks or so, I should have enough cash to drop on the lr3. I'll run it for a month followed by a month of 100 mg d-lys(3) ghrp-6 three times a day. Might add 100mg of cjc-1295 to my night-time dose if funds permit it. I'll keep y'all updated on the results.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
I'm going to ask my sports doc if he will write me a 'scrip for Oxandrin (aka Anavar). I would think it would work well with the GHRP.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Progestin's as a group, are markedly anabolic versus androgenic. If you run several searches and review logs and threads associated with the compounds, you'll notice a general trend of benefiting connective tissue. This is especially true of anything "Deca" in characteristics. I loved the old Nor-Diol compounds as well for this specific purpose. Now That I've said this I will cite the one exception, anything "SUPERDROL" or its clone. Most users experienced joint dryness after any length on this stuff, avoid it. Believe it or not, my fav was cyclo-nordiol:laugh:!!
Sounds like a winner to me. Ive got phera-plex and ergo-max to choose from. Im thinking Phera 30mgs weeks 1-4 and IGF-1 LR3 for about 6 weeks, pinning IM locally post workout at about 20-30 mcgs bi-laterally only on workout days. Hopefully the IGF would keep me from getting supressed, help me lean out a bit, and help with some injury repair. The phera would ofcoure be followed by a quality PCT. That sound pretty solid Gaijiin?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I was finally able to order my Igf-1 lr3 and recon supplies :banana: I'm going to run it for a month at 40 mcg twice a week. I will split the dosage 20 mics into my brachialis and 20 mics into my front delt (glenhumeral lig tear). I will follow this protocol with a month long run of D-lys-GHRP-6 and hopefully a little cjc-1295 (if funds permit it).

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Rhyno, have you tried a cortisone shot for your tendonitis? I'm getting one next week.

Also, did the liquid 'var help any?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I got a cortizone shot from a sports-med doc a few months, just seemed to make the area more sore. I talked to a few othorpods about it later. The general consenus was there is too much mobility in the area for cortizone to be effective. It's worth a try tho. You can bring up this issue to your doc, see what he says. Idk, maybe keep the arm in a sling for a week afterwards.

As for the var, I'm saving it for a last resort b/c I can't workout atm. I've been slowly cutting for the last 9 months which isn't great for healing. I upped my cals closer to maintenace for the time being. One plus of using the var is that I could still moderately reduce calories and still have my body an anabolic state. I'm hoping the igf-1 works :fingersx: My next step will be igf-1 and the var (after a month of ghrp-6 and cjc-1295).

Gaijiin

Awards
Response

z28man,..was deployed for a week. Didn't mean not to respond. Phera and Ergo are "Androgenic", not "Anabolic" in nature. I would steer you towards Decabol by AMR or even Epistane, they are primarily "Anabolic" in nature and are suited to set the environment for joint and connective tissue better than the "Androgenic" models.

Gaijiin

Awards
For your information

Rhyno, didn't know if you were already aware of the mechanism of cortisone. But for the benefit of our other readers. Cortisone belongs to the "Female hormone" family, it is a weak estrogen in terms of effects, but what it is good at is site localized water retention. This extra "water" is what provides the relief in site specific joint injection. It is also a mild anti-inflammatory, a characteristic shared by all friendly estrogens.It has a temporary effect that lasts only as long as its half life before your own body's homostasis efforts metabolize it away, generally 10 days to 2 weeks.(Then the pain comes back). Interestingly similar relief is obtained by Androgenic compounds that are extremely "Wet" in nature.(Hence their perpenstiy to convert into any number of estrogenic compounds!!).:18:

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Rhyno, didn't know if you were already aware of the mechanism of cortisone. But for the benefit of our other readers. Cortisone belongs to the "Female hormone" family, it is a weak estrogen in terms of effects, but what it is good at is site localized water retention. This extra "water" is what provides the relief in site specific joint injection. It is also a mild anti-inflammatory, a characteristic shared by all friendly estrogens.It has a temporary effect that lasts only as long as its half life before your own body's homostasis efforts metabolize it away, generally 10 days to 2 weeks.(Then the pain comes back). Interestingly similar relief is obtained by Androgenic compounds that are extremely "Wet" in nature.(Hence their perpenstiy to convert into any number of estrogenic compounds!!).:18:
Thanks Gaijiin. Your posts are always information.

Well, my IGF-1 lr3 came in today. I will do my first inject tomorrow morning. I will report back periodically with my cycle results.

There is one caveat to this experiment. I forgot to add a venting needle to the IGF-1 vial so the aa solution was inadvertently added rather forcefully (yes, I am a dumbass). I'm hoping the peptide is not completely denatured. :ugh1: I guess I'll find out soon enough, though.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Rhyno, I stopped taking the GHRP-6 2 days ago because it was making my tendons hurt worse and making my joints hurt. This was with only one 100mcg dose a day.

I got a script for the Anavar but he only gave me 5mg a day for 4 weeks so even if I run it at 10mg for 2 weeks, I'm not sure if it's enough to do anything.

Gaijiin, I searched and couldn't find any info on Epistane for tendons. Does it increase collagen sythesis?

Gaijiin

Awards
Epistane is one of many classified as anabolic. The idea is the environment created by their use enables/increases theconnective tissue repaired/created, when used in conjunction with any pro-natty GH secretagogue or IGF/LR3. Its not that the compound is joint specific, but their use provides a synergy with the latter. Anything anabolic.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Epistane is one of many classified as anabolic. The idea is the environment created by their use enables/increases theconnective tissue repaired/created, when used in conjunction with any pro-natty GH secretagogue or IGF/LR3. Its not that the compound is joint specific, but their use provides a synergy with the latter. Anything anabolic.
Sounds good to me, thanks a ton for your advice bro. I was actually planning on an epistane run next anyway. Got some gyno and the last time I used havoc my gyno reduction was tremendous. Looking forward to everything IGF has to offer, especially the joint healing properties. Im def going to do a LOT more research before going through with this but I think Ive learned enough to plan my cycle compenents and start once I feel more comfortable with the knowledge I've aquired. s

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
I don't know about that. I sure as hell would not use Winstrol with anything (GH included) with the tendon problems im having.

Rhyno are you still there buddy?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I'm two weeks into the igf-1 therapy and my arm seems to be doing a lot better. For a day or two after the injection, the cite gets sore. I'm thinking it might be a combination of the reaction to the AA and the tissue getting pissed that I'm injecting a foreign substance (hence the inflammation response). This could be benificial to the healing process, creating inflammation to take the tissue out of the "chronic injury loop" while providing the necessary growth factors to allow healing. Sort of like how prolotherapists inject an irritant along with protien-rich plasma. Of course this theory is pure speculation on my part and I still want to wait until my igf-1 therapy is over before giving my final verdict.

For my other rehab protocols, I've been massaging my injury sites for ten minutes everyday. I've also been applying a crap-load of voltaren gel and glucosamine/msm cream and at night, I started taking osteosport. My ART guy taught me how to apply active release to my brachialis and I've been doing it one to two times a day. My only qualm about this protocol is that it makes the proximal end of the muscle (i.e. closer to shoulder) rather sore.

I'll probably give an update after I complete therapy as well as a follow-up two weeks after.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
^ Good post. I picked up a topical capsaicin at wal-mart and it works decent. Also, there are some decent physical thereapy videos on You Tube for tendon injuries.

weltweite

weltweite

Awards
Please read this carefuly -very interesting - I am on Lr3 right now and will make ultrasound in a few weeks to see what is going on with it.

in the below text you can see that Igf-1 have large effects on tendons and ligament healing but HGH does not -please read all-I arased some of it to fit.

BMC Physiol. 2007; 7: 2.
Published online 2007 March 26. doi: 10.1186/1472-6793-7-2. PMCID: PMC1851714

Copyright © 2007 Provenzano et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
Systemic administration of IGF-I enhances healing in collagenous extracellular matrices:
Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a crucial role in wound healing and tissue repair. We tested the hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I, or growth hormone (GH), or both (GH+IGF-I) would improve healing in collagenous connective tissue, such as ligament. These hypotheses were examined in rats that were allowed unrestricted activity after injury and in animals that were subjected to hindlimb disuse. Male rats were assigned to three groups: ambulatory sham-control, ambulatory-healing, and hindlimb unloaded-healing. Ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals underwent surgical disruption of their knee medial collateral ligaments (MCLs), while sham surgeries were performed on control animals. Healing animals subcutaneously received systemic doses of either saline, GH, IGF-I, or GH+IGF-I. After 3 weeks, mechanical properties, cell and matrix morphology, and biochemical composition were examined in control and healing ligaments.
Results
Tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline had significantly greater strength than tissue from saline receiving hindlimb unloaded animals. Addition of IGF-I significantly improved maximum force and ultimate stress in tissues from both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals with significant increases in matrix organization and type-I collagen expression. Addition of GH alone did not have a significant effect on either group, while addition of GH+IGF-I significantly improved force, stress, and modulus values in MCLs from hindlimb unloaded animals. Force, stress, and modulus values in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals receiving IGF-I or GH+IGF-I exceeded (or were equivalent to) values in tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline with greatly improved structural organization and significantly increased type-I collagen expression. Furthermore, levels of IGF-receptor were significantly increased in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I.
Conclusion
These results support two of our hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I improve healing in collagenous tissue. Systemic administration of IGF-I improves healing in collagenous extracellular matrices from loaded and unloaded tissues. Growth hormone alone did not result in any significant improvement contrary to our hypothesis, while GH + IGF-I produced remarkable improvement in hindlimb unloaded animals.

References BackgroundInsulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a crucial role in muscle regeneration, can reduce age-related loss of muscle function, and cause muscle hypertrophy when over-expressed [1-5]. These effects appear to be largely mediated by promoting proliferation and differentiation of satellite cells [3] as well as promoting recruitment of proliferating bone marrow stem cells to regions of muscle tissue damage [6]. Furthermore IGF-I and growth hormone (GH) are involved in a large variety of physiologic functions and are reported to promote healing and repair in bone [7,8], cartilage [9-11], gastric ulcers [12], muscle [13,14], skin [15-17], and tendon [18,19]. This action is largely mediated by the fact that GH and IGF-I directly affect cells involved in the healing response [20-30], with IGF-I having endocrine action, as well as local expression, resulting in autocrine and/or paracrine signaling that plays a role in proliferation, apoptosis, cellular differentiation, and cell migration [31-36]. Insulin-like growth factor-I also stimulates fibroblast synthesis of extracellular matrix (ECM) molecules such as proteoglycans and type I collagen [18,30,37,38], and IGF-I mRNA and protein levels are increased in healing ligaments [39] and tendons [40], respectively. As such, IGF-I is of particular interest in tissue regeneration due to its influence on cell behavior and role in type I collagen expression.
Fibrous connective tissues, such as ligament and tendon, are composed primarily of type I collagen with type III collagen levels increased during healing [41]. During development, collagen molecules organize into immature collagen fibrils that fuse to form longer fibrils [42-45]. In mature tendon and ligament these fibrils appear to be continuous and transfer force directly through the matrix [46]. In ligament, groups of fibrils form fibers and it is these fiber bundles that form fascicles; the primary structural component of the tissue. Previous studies in healing ligament have shown that disruption of the medial collateral ligament (MCL) results in substantial reduction in mechanical properties which does not return to normal after long periods of healing [47]. Such tissue behavior is likely associated with matrix flaws, reduced microstructural organization, and small diameter collagen fibrils in the scar region of the ECM [48-50]. Additionally, during normal ligament healing collagen fibrils from residual tissue fuse with collagen fibrils formed in the scar region [51]. However, in tissues which are exposed to a reduced stress environment such as joint immobilization [52] or hindlimb unloading [48] collagen fibers contain discontinuities and voids [48] which likely account for the substantial decrease in tissue strength when compared to ligaments experiencing physiologic stress during healing. Since soft tissue injuries are common and do not heal properly in a stress-reduced environment [48,52], such as is present during prolonged bed rest or spaceflight, methods to further understand tissue healing and promote tissue healing require study.
The purpose of this study is to test the hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I, GH, or GH+IGF-I will improve healing in a collagenous ECM. Furthermore, since the addition of GH has been shown to up-regulate IGF-I receptor [53], levels of IGF-I receptor in healing tissues were examined in order to begin to elucidate the molecular mechanism by which GH and/or IGF-I may be acting to locally to stimulate tissue repair. Since IGF-I and GH are feasible for clinical use, identifying benefits from short-term systemic administration, such as improved connective tissue healing, have great potential to improve the human condition. The hypotheses are examined in animals that are allowed normal ambulation after injury and in animals that are subjected to disuse through hindlimb unloading. The MCL was chosen as a model system since this ligament, unlike tendons, has no muscular attachment and therefore possible alterations in muscle strength after IGF-I and/or GH treatment do not impose substantial differential loads on the ligament during hindlimb unloading. Furthermore, since MCLs have two attachments/insertions into bone, and hindlimb unloading/disuse is known to reduce the mechanical properties of bone [48,54], failure location was recorded for all mechanical testing. Results indicate improved mechanical properties and collagen organization and composition of the collagenous extracellular matrix following treatment with IGF-I in both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals or IGF-I+GH in hindlimb unloaded animals.

Elastic modulus values at 3 weeks (mean ± S.E.M.). The additional of IGF-I significantly improved elastic modulus levels in tissues from ambulatory healing animals when compared to tissues from ambulatory healing animals which received saline (more ...)

In accordance with data showing increased matrix deposition and organization (Figs. 4 and 5), expression of type-I collagen was increased in tissues from IGF-I treated ambulatory (p = 0.0018) and unloaded (p = 0.0006) animals and GH+IGF-I treated unloaded tissue (p = 0.0005; Figs. 6A and 6B). Densitometry analysis further confirmed an increase in type-I collagen since the ratio of type-I to type-III collagen was significantly increased in tissues from ambulatory animals treated with IGF-I (p = 0.0129) and in unloaded tissues from GH+IGF-I treated animals (p = 0.0131), with a trend of increased levels in ambulatory GH+IGF and HU + IGF tissues (Fig. 7). Since normal ligaments are primarily composed of type I collagen and the scar region of normal healing ligaments contain an increase in type III collagen [41] that is remodeled to transition to more type I collagen rich region over the healing period, changes in the type I to III ratio are a measure of healing and may indicate part of the structural mechanism resulting in the observed differences in mechanical properties following treatment.
Figure 5
Multiphoton Laser Scanning Microscopy (MPLSM) was performed on hematoxylin and eosin sections in order to evaluate the organization and structure of the collagen matrix in more detail then allowed by conventional brightfield light microscopy. The longitudinal (more ...)

Figure 6
Significantly increased expression of type-I collagen in tissues from animals treated with IGF-I. (A: Left) Immunohistochemistry shows increased staining for type I collagen in ambulatory tissues when compared to Sham, while hindlimb unloaded tissues (more ...)

Figure 7
Densitometry analysis of type I and III collagen expression. Quantification of Western blots for type I and III collagen indicated that the ratio of type I to type III collagen was significantly increased in tissues from ambulatory animals treated with (more ...)

Lastly, GH has been reported to increase levels of IGF receptors [53]. Herein, ambulatory IGF-I and GH+IGF-I treated animals showed a strong trend of increased IGF-I receptor expression, although this trend was not significant (Fig. 8). However, in hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, IGF-I receptor expression was significantly increased (Fig. 8). Hence, increased levels of IGF-I receptor in healing tissues may be part of the molecular mechanism by which systemic administration of IGF-I and GH+IHG-I act to locally to stimulate tissue repair.
Figure 8
Densitometry analysis of IGF-I receptor expression. Ambulatory IGF-I and GH+IGF-I treated animals showed a strong trend of increased IGF-I receptor expression, however, this trend was not significant. In hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or (more ...)

References DiscussionPrevious work in our laboratory has shown that mechanical properties and matrix organization of MCLs are substantially reduced after injury and that this impairment is significantly compounded by stress reduction through hindlimb unloading [48]. This result is confirmed by examination of the mechanical properties in MCLs from the saline receiving control groups in this study (Sham, Amb + Sal, HU + Sal) which are not significantly different from values obtained in our previous work in tissues from sham, ambulatory healing, and hindlimb unloaded animals after three weeks of healing [48]. Furthermore, structural analysis of the matrix with MPLSM confirmed previous morphological information obtained with electron microscopy [48], elucidating changes in the structure-function relationship, such as collagen fiber misalignment and matrix voids, that help explain the reduced mechanical properties associated with tissue unloading (i.e. disuse).
Results of this study demonstrate a substantial increase in healing with the systemic application of IGF-I in ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals and with GH + IGF-I in hindlimb unloaded animals. Since the strong majority of tissues failed in the ligament and not by avulsion, it is clear that the mechanical properties of the ligament are being evaluated and that systemic treatment with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I improves the integrity of the collagenous matrix. This finding is in contrast with results from healing tendons following local injections of IGF-I that showed no significant improvement in the mechanical properties of treated tendons [18], indicating that local and systemic administration of IGF-I may act through different mechanisms. Furthermore, it is interesting that IGF-I alone positively influenced healing in tissues from both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals, while combined GH and IGF-I only had a positive affect on tissues from HU animals. Since IGF-I increased tissue strength measures by ~60% in both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals, it appears that IGF-I improves healing regardless of mechanical loading and that the affects of mechanical loading and IGF-I may be additive. Interestingly, addition of GH alone showed a trend of decreasing the mechanical properties of healing ligaments and hematomas in the healing site, further supporting the concept of a negative role for GH in ligament healing, even though combined supplementation of GH+IGF-I has been reported to increase serum IGF-I levels more than adding IGF-I alone [61,62]. Hence, the behavior reported herein is a complex phenomena superimposing the influence of mechanotransduction during tissue loading, local growth factor signaling, and endocrine hormone levels, yet implies a positive role for IGF-I and a negative role for GH in connective tissue healing through mechanisms that are, to date, not well understood.
Connective tissue atrophy and diminished levels of healing after disuse (e.g. spaceflight, hindlimb unloading, immobilization, etc.) is associated with reduced physical stimuli, however local growth factor signaling, and endocrine factors also play an important role. For instance, it is well established that microgravity or simulated microgravity disrupts pituitary GH function [58-60] and alters IGF-I expression and plasma concentration [60,63]. Interestingly, in this study the addition of GH alone, which can bind to cells via specific surface receptors activating numerous signaling pathways that direct changes in gene expression [64-67], did not offer any significant increase in mechanical properties. In contrast, the addition of IGF-I significantly improved the mechanical properties of tissues in treated animals, likely through structural improvements in the extracellular matrix as seen in Figures 4 and 5. In ambulatory animals treated with IGF-I and unloaded animals treated with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, MCL matrix organization was greatly improved. This may be due to increased type-I collagen expression resulting in increased the matrix density, and altered cell behavior resulting in a more organized collagen matrix. Given the clear increases in matrix alignment, it appears probable that either collagen organization is initially improved during post-fibrillogenesis deposition or better organized during continued matrix remodeling, or both. Since collagen alignment is achieved before substantial tissue loading during fetal development [46,68], which is not reproduced during tissue repair in unloaded mature tissue [48], and it appears that matrix repair in adult tissue may be an imperfect reversion to processes seen in fetal development [46], addition of IGF-I may be stimulating signaling pathways similar to those seen during development. Moreover, one possible link in the molecular mechanism playing a role in increased matrix organization and collagen expression may be signals associated with IGF-I receptor signaling as indicated by increased IGFR levels in treated animals. However, IGFR activation was not examined in this study and multiple pathways associated with IGFR and matrix adhesion signaling (i.e. integrin signaling) are likely acting in concert to produce the profound improvements seen after IGF-I treatment. Hence, it is clear from these data that further work studying the systemic effects IGF-I need to be performed in order to better understand the mechanism of IGF-I administration on local tissue behavior.
It is known that soft tissue injuries do not fully recover even after long periods of healing [47] and stress reduction has a negative effect on healing in collagenous tissue, [48,52] which does not return to normal after re-establishing physiologic stress (i.e. remobilization) [69]. This pattern of healing is problematic since the injured joint often need immobilization, the growing aged population often experiences decreased activity levels or prolonged bed rest, and since prolonged space flight is becoming more feasible. Therefore, methods to improve tissue healing and counteract this negative decline during injury and/or disuse are increasing in need. The reported application of IGF-I clearly has a positive effect on tissue repair from a mechanical (functional) viewpoint, and therefore shows promise to improving normal tissue healing and to improving healing under normal or disuse conditions. Of particular note is the increase in force, stress, and elastic modulus in tissues from unloaded animals with IGF-I or GH+IGF-I, which become comparable to or surpass levels in ambulatory (Amb + Sal) animals. This improvement in tissue properties compares well with other methods to improve tissue repair, but may be more clinically feasible. For instance, application of PDGF-BB has also shown promising improvements in fibrous connective tissue healing. In two studies allowing unrestricted cage movement, Batten and co-workers [70] reported increases in maximal force up to 90% of controls, and Hildebrand and co-workers [71] reported increases in force of ~50% after PDGF-BB was administered locally immediately following injury. However, administering PDGF-BB 48 hrs post-injury resulted in decreased force values [70], while administering IGF-I post-injury herein improved tissue healing. Therefore, the results presented in this paper showing an increase in maximal force of ~60% in ambulatory animals after 3 weeks of systemic IGF-I compares favorably to the levels of improvement previously reported in the literature but treatment can begin post-injury. Yet, although short term systemic application of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I provide compelling evidence for improved healing in a collagenous matrix, potential side effects of altering GH and IGF-I levels for long periods of time have not yet been fully explored in conjunction with these data and therefore further study is required before long term use is warranted in humans.

References ConclusionIn conclusion, results support our hypothesis that systemic administration of IGF-I improves healing in collagenous extracellular matrices. Growth hormone alone did not result in any significant improvement contrary to our hypothesis, while GH + IGF-I produced remarkable improvement in hindlimb unloaded animals. Interestingly, addition of IGF-I or GH + IGF-I in HU animals resulted in recovery of strength measures to a level equal to ambulatory controls, indicating that in fact IGF-I may be a plausible therapy for overcoming reduced tissue healing due to disuse from bed rest, immobilization, or microgravity. Additionally, although supplementation with IGF-I in ambulatory animals did not result in full recovery of the mechanical properties at 3 weeks, treatment resulted in an ~60% increase in tissue strength demonstrating the potential for IGF-I to improve tissue healing. These changes in tissue healing with tissue loading or IGF-I supplementation raise important questions regarding the essential role of mechanical stress for collagen matrix organization in connective tissues and the mechanisms by which systemic IGF-I or GH+IGF-I lead to improved tissue healing.
I subscribed, and will be patiently waiting your ultrasound results! I have a partial bicep distal tendon tear, so i'm very curious

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Rhyno how are things going? Ever try the liquid var?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I finished the Igf-1 therapy about a week ago and at the time, my arm seemed a lot better. I then switched to cjc-1295/grhp-6 (100mg of each) once before bed. At first, this made my injuries hurt a lot worse but as the week progressed, this side effect subsided. Atm, I'd say my arm is like 75-80% healed based on how it feels when I flex it. This assesment is entirely subjective as I have not yet put it under significant tension or stress and will not do so until I finish my course of peptide treatment. I have about 10 days left of the cjc-1295/ghrp-6 so I'll try to report back when I am finished. If I can scrouge enough cash for more cjc, I'd like to extend my cycle another 20 days. I have enough left-over ghrp-6 to run it concurrently.

If at the end of my peptide regimen my arm is still f*cked up, I will run the var at 20mg a day for 6 weeks. Two weeks in, I'll start another igf-1 regimen.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Did the IGF-1 do anything as far as body comp? Any side-effects?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Did the IGF-1 do anything as far as body comp? Any side-effects?
Had a slight recomp effect but it's hard to judge because my diet wasn't the healthiest. The pumps were pretty cool and vascularity was nice. I didn't notice much in terms of sides. I had to eat every two hours or else I'd go hypoglycemic. Normally, I can push it to 3 hrs before it gets bad, so the IGF-1 did have an impact on my blood sugar. No passing out or anything drastic though. I wouldn't mind giving this a run recreationally. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun if I was actually working out (instead of just rehab).

brett3xx

Awards
please keep us updated on if you feel the IGF did indeed help your tendonitis. Im suffering from a similiar problem in my elbow(tennis elbow) that has caused me to stop lifting for the last year and it hasnt healed yet. Ive tried cortizone, surgery, therapy,ect. so this may be my next thing I try. Thanks

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
^ Just don't get GHRP-6. That crap screwed me up even worse.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
joint swelling and pain need cortisol not gh nor anti catabolic aas

GH will increase your metabolism,,,,your cortisol will get metabolised faster leaveing you drier and more inflammatory.

cortisol is anti inflammatory,,,,i think people think about catabolism of muscle mass when they hear cortisol but it's not your enemy when balanced.

for some reason deca works well (not all cases) to lubricate joints, either through estrogen upregulation or maybe metabolites are actually anti inflammatory and have cortisol like effects? progestins are tricky.