Slin Sane Question

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I ordered two bottles of Slin Sane during Black Friday and I have a question about the dose. Is it okay to dose it at more than one meal a day? Thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

I ordered two bottles of Slin Sane during Black Friday and I have a question about the dose. Is it okay to dose it at more than one meal a day? Thanks!
Absolutely. You can dose to up to before three meals a day, with 1-2 caps.

~Rosie~

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Gymnema only gets better with time and norvaline is dosed right so that you shouldn't fear overdoing it, same for Banaba(LS)

So yah what others said you good mang :D

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I gotta get more :/ I hate the carb bloat. I'm too carb tolerant

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I gotta get more :/ I hate the carb bloat. I'm too carb tolerant
There may be locations where you can still pick it up at 13$ a bottle :p

I'm about to restock on 6 or so bottles myself, my dad whose a diabetic is going to snipe some tho :sadpanda:

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
There may be locations where you can still pick it up at 13$ a bottle :p

I'm about to restock on 6 or so bottles myself, my dad whose a diabetic is going to snipe some tho :sadpanda:
Hopefully there are no pictures in this package :eek:

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Hopefully there are no pictures in this package :eek:
I appreciated the last one you sent me, I wanted to keep it on the fridge but my housemates weren't as appreciative

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is good to know.
I thought 2 was about the max during the day.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
This is good to know.
I thought 2 was about the max during the day.
Not at all, 2 should cover your very well on the average day. However sometimes when I refeed I way overdo it and have dosed many many SS in one day :p

Gymnem and Banaba will only get better with more use and norvaline is going to be hard to over do. Two caps per meal would be a limit I'd place tho, unless you're getting an ungodly amount of carbs at one meal(300g+) but otherwise two will do just fine for your biggest meal. You could use more if you wanted but two will work just fine per meal. Feel free to try out a variety of dosing schemes, SS is pretty versatile and shouldn't induce hypoglycemia itself in the average person, people with metabolic disorders(diabetics) should definitely be careful though when and how they use SS but thats simply because their BS levels are fickle to begin with

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question-

How would u compare 1 capsule of ss to one capsule of anabolic pump?

I currently dose 1 AP 3 times a day..

Due to $ issues I am considering switching to SS for a while.. I don't handle carbs well so I fear that only 2 caps a day won't be sufficient as compared to 3 AP... I would like one bottle of SS to last 30 days, hence 2 a day..

Lastly- could I dose this with neovar? Which also contains banaba and gymnema.. I'm assuming yes, and in that case 2 SS a day would be fine on top of the neovar.. Thanks!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not at all, 2 should cover your very well on the average day. However sometimes when I refeed I way overdo it and have dosed many many SS in one day :p

Gymnem and Banaba will only get better with more use and norvaline is going to be hard to over do. Two caps per meal would be a limit I'd place tho, unless you're getting an ungodly amount of carbs at one meal(300g+) but otherwise two will do just fine for your biggest meal. You could use more if you wanted but two will work just fine per meal. Feel free to try out a variety of dosing schemes, SS is pretty versatile and shouldn't induce hypoglycemia itself in the average person, people with metabolic disorders(diabetics) should definitely be careful though when and how they use SS but thats simply because their BS levels are fickle to begin with
Great info.
Yeah my only problem is I notice I eat in spurts sometimes too and I graze may eat a whole meal over the course of a few hours because I'm at work :p

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do u think misuse of products Like this can cause diabetes or other metabolic syndroms? Long term, no breaks like two years? Perhaps if bot taken w enough carbs?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question-

How would u compare 1 capsule of ss to one capsule of anabolic pump?

I currently dose 1 AP 3 times a day..

Due to $ issues I am considering switching to SS for a while.. I don't handle carbs well so I fear that only 2 caps a day won't be sufficient as compared to 3 AP... I would like one bottle of SS to last 30 days, hence 2 a day..

Lastly- could I dose this with neovar? Which also contains banaba and gymnema.. I'm assuming yes, and in that case 2 SS a day would be fine on top of the neovar.. Thanks!
I've never used Anabolic Pump, but Slin Sane works well. Every product is different and you need to dose whatever product you use specifically for YOU - some have guidelines which you should follow, but you also need to know what guidelines you can use to start and move from to modify it for YOU. If you're NOT having high carbohydrates, then no more than a cap of either product 2-3 times daily is right for you re dosage.

Yes, you can stack Slin Sane with NeoVar Recomped - I have done this myself several times. Just be aware that if using TWO products with nutrient repartitioning/insulin mimicking properties, one should be dosed LESS than recommended. Since you're using NeoVar Recomped and it's primarily a CREATINE product, dose that as recommended for your bodyweight (on the product label on the bottle), and then use Slin Sane only 1-2 times daily on top of that (once is probably enough, but you can experiment with 1-2 times and see what makes you feel and respond the best).

Do u think misuse of products Like this can cause diabetes or other metabolic syndroms? Long term, no breaks like two years? Perhaps if bot taken w enough carbs?
It's possible, but who's to say? It can definitely make you more sensitive to insulin - I know this, because I am, and if you misuse such products, as I experienced with SLIN, you can have insulin-like side effects (which are not very pleasant by the way) from having too MUCH insulin in your system.

~Rosie~

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never used Anabolic Pump, but Slin Sane works well. Every product is different and you need to dose whatever product you use specifically for YOU - some have guidelines which you should follow, but you also need to know what guidelines you can use to start and move from to modify it for YOU. If you're NOT having high carbohydrates, then no more than a cap of either product 2-3 times daily is right for you re dosage.

Yes, you can stack Slin Sane with NeoVar Recomped - I have done this myself several times. Just be aware that if using TWO products with nutrient repartitioning/insulin mimicking properties, one should be dosed LESS than recommended. Since you're using NeoVar Recomped and it's primarily a CREATINE product, dose that as recommended for your bodyweight (on the product label on the bottle), and then use Slin Sane only 1-2 times daily on top of that (once is probably enough, but you can experiment with 1-2 times and see what makes you feel and respond the best).

It's possible, but who's to say? It can definitely make you more sensitive to insulin - I know this, because I am, and if you misuse such products, as I experienced with SLIN, you can have insulin-like side effects (which are not very pleasant by the way) from having too MUCH insulin in your system.

~Rosie~
What would those be ?

So my dosing I decided should be

3 neovar plus 1 SS x2 day

One additional SS if needed one more time daily .. Looking forward to this n those carbs! It's been a while!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would those be ?

So my dosing I decided should be

3 neovar plus 1 SS x2 day

One additional SS if needed one more time daily .. Looking forward to this n those carbs! It's been a while!
Have a look around online. Or you can see my Review of SLIN - where I noted them (for any other product reviews, please see Rosie's Product Reviews).

NeoVar Recomped dosing/timing for you:
Dose 1 - 2-3 caps immediately post-training (and then eat your post-training meal 15-20 minutes later)
Dose 2 - 2-3 caps 15-20 minutes prior to a meal earlier or later in the day
Note that is using Slin Sane as well, you could get away with dosing NeoVar Recomped only once daily, or even better, dose ~60 min pre-training and then post-training (I did that when using another nutrient repartitioner).

Slin Sane dosing is fine - 1 cap 15-20 minutes prior to a meal 1-2 times daily.

You CAN eat carbohydrates - even if you ARE sensitive to them - withOUT using such products IF you time them right and eat the right ones for your body. Trust me, I know from experience!

~Rosie~

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have a look around online. Or you can see my Review of SLIN - where I noted them (for any other product reviews, please see Rosie's Product Reviews).

NeoVar Recomped dosing/timing for you:
Dose 1 - 2-3 caps immediately post-training (and then eat your post-training meal 15-20 minutes later)
Dose 2 - 2-3 caps 15-20 minutes prior to a meal earlier or later in the day
Note that is using Slin Sane as well, you could get away with dosing NeoVar Recomped only once daily, or even better, dose ~60 min pre-training and then post-training (I did that when using another nutrient repartitioner).

Slin Sane dosing is fine - 1 cap 15-20 minutes prior to a meal 1-2 times daily.

You CAN eat carbohydrates - even if you ARE sensitive to them - withOUT using such products IF you time them right and eat the right ones for your body. Trust me, I know from experience!

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie, as always with helpful and detailed responses!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, as always with helpful and detailed responses!
No worries, bud - that's what I'm here for :)

Hope you have a Blessed Christmas!

~Rosie~

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

If I'm taking in liquid carbs, mainly from maltodextrin (I know, I know) along with ice cream and a banana & some peanut butter it's over 125g of carbs easily.

I think maybe I get better results to take 1 cap either right as I start drinking my shake, or during the middle of my shake.
Taking it 20 minutes out doesn't seem like I'm getting the right effects (headaches)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Going to have to look into this as well, because it could have had something to do with me consuming AndroMass with it.

Read I write up and slin-sane says to avoid fish oils & alpha lipoic acid at the same time you are taking SS, I'm going to have read my AndroMass bottle....

May space it out or cease slin-sane with AndroMass.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
The headaches could be a few things but it sounds like you're laying into your blood sugar man with that shake, if I go over a 100 its definitely going to be mostly food based carbs. You could be experiencing hypoglycemia, get the cap in 10 minutes before the shake and see how it works? What are some of the other symptoms Aaron?

Also sorry for the delayed response guys, engineering owned me and took a few days off once I got home lol, just getting back to lifting after a week off :eek:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The headaches could be a few things but it sounds like you're laying into your blood sugar man with that shake, if I go over a 100 its definitely going to be mostly food based carbs. You could be experiencing hypoglycemia, get the cap in 10 minutes before the shake and see how it works? What are some of the other symptoms Aaron?

Also sorry for the delayed response guys, engineering owned me and took a few days off once I got home lol, just getting back to lifting after a week off :eek:
Just a head ache and light headed feeling sometimes...

I will experiment with taking the cap as soon as I start drinking the shake.

Whats the reasoning behind timing it closer to the shake or furthuer out from the shake?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Just a head ache and light headed feeling sometimes...

I will experiment with taking the cap as soon as I start drinking the shake.

Whats the reasoning behind timing it closer to the shake or furthuer out from the shake?
To far out and it could drop blood sugar too low causing hypoglycemia which isn't fun(headaches, nausea, dizziness) but also know that means its working quite well for you. Timing it closer to CHO intake would keep blood sugar levels from dropping too low, its good maintaining lower blood sugar levels but there is a limit on how low you want to go, everything in moderation :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
To far out and it could drop blood sugar too low causing hypoglycemia which isn't fun(headaches, nausea, dizziness) but also know that means its working quite well for you. Timing it closer to CHO intake would keep blood sugar levels from dropping too low, its good maintaining lower blood sugar levels but there is a limit on how low you want to go, everything in moderation :D
Thx man. That's kind of what I thought.
If I remember correctly that morning, I took the cap at 730 and started drinking my shake at 745 and didn't finish it until 830.... :/

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Thx man. That's kind of what I thought.
If I remember correctly that morning, I took the cap at 730 and started drinking my shake at 745 and didn't finish it until 830.... :/
Its cool man, when did the headache begin? Hypo is a rarity with SS but still a possibility, I myself like getting it in 10-15 minutes before and then I inhale my CHO like an animal and let the muscle swelling ensue :p

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Its cool man, when did the headache begin? Hypo is a rarity with SS but still a possibility, I myself like getting it in 10-15 minutes before and then I inhale my CHO like an animal and let the muscle swelling ensue :p
:)

Headache was around 830-845 or so...

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
:)

Headache was around 830-845 or so...
Yah long after dosing SS, my first guess would just be that blood sugar dropped too low. It doesn't happen often but its why me and Mike generally say you're good up to 150g of CHO, everyone is different but no sense in overdoing it if you don't have to. Any time I go over 100 I like 2 caps but everyone's different and you have to find what suits you best. I also IF so my meal over 100G CHO is well well over 100 lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yah long after dosing SS, my first guess would just be that blood sugar dropped too low. It doesn't happen often but its why me and Mike generally say you're good up to 150g of CHO, everyone is different but no sense in overdoing it if you don't have to. Any time I go over 100 I like 2 caps but everyone's different and you have to find what suits you best. I also IF so my meal over 100G CHO is well well over 100 lol
Yeah see I didn't think of taking two caps because it said 60-100g of carbs. Guess I may try 2 with my next shake and do it as I start drinking my shake.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Yeah see I didn't think of taking two caps because it said 60-100g of carbs. Guess I may try 2 with my next shake and do it as I start drinking my shake.
No, I think you misinterpreted what I said. Many people do try 2 caps and 2 caps is a lot, my point was its good you didn't do 2 caps lol. The issue was that your blood sugar got to low and SS will lower your blood sugar thats the idea. You took longer than expected to consume carbs after taking it so there was not enough being added to your blood to counter the effects the SS. You want SS to keep blood sugar low after consuming large quantities of CHO, taking 2 caps will only lower it much more lol. Take 1 shortly before getting your CHO in and see how it goes

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
No, I think you misinterpreted what I said. Many people do try 2 caps and 2 caps is a lot, my point was its good you didn't do 2 caps lol. The issue was that your blood sugar got to low and SS will lower your blood sugar thats the idea. You took longer than expected to consume carbs after taking it so there was not enough being added to your blood to counter the effects the SS. You want SS to keep blood sugar low after consuming large quantities of CHO, taking 2 caps will only lower it much more lol. Take 1 shortly before getting your CHO in and see how it goes
:) got cha makes sense.
Thank you.
I'll stick with one.
Guess it works good!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yup.
Have to keep the blood sugar stable :)
I'll be alright next time.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Exactly, too high or too low is no bueno. Everything in moderation :D
IMO GDAs should only be used with anything over 50g of carbs

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
IMO GDAs should only be used with anything over 50g of carbs
I agree with that but keep in mind they're varying levels of GDA effectiveness and it also varies based a lot on doses used and the individuals diet most importantly. I usually get Na-R-ALA in at the beginning of the day and use SS on bigger CHO meals.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I agree with that but keep in mind they're varying levels of GDA effectiveness and it also varies based a lot on doses used and the individuals diet most importantly. I usually get Na-R-ALA in at the beginning of the day and use SS on bigger CHO meals.
125g is a lot of carbs.
That's my morning shake, and that's not counting the banana carbs or ice cream.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Why so many carbs in the AM? :eek:
To be honest.... That's my breakfast meal, it's half a serving of Serious Mass... I do it because I'm never super hungry in the AM and I'm usually rushing for work and I don't myself the extra 30 minutes to cook....

So it's one of my meals and I mix in egg whites, banana and peanut butter.
Plus I want to burn off those carbs during the day.
I know there are better choices but.... Hey what can ya do :)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
To be honest.... That's my breakfast meal, it's half a serving of Serious Mass... I do it because I'm never super hungry in the AM and I'm usually rushing for work and I don't myself the extra 30 minutes to cook....

So it's one of my meals and I mix in egg whites, banana and peanut butter.
Plus I want to burn off those carbs during the day.
I know there are better choices but.... Hey what can ya do :)
I know what you mean about being short on time. That shake sounds good though.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I know what you mean about being short on time. That shake sounds good though.
It is man. I even add ice cream to it some days.
Hate I'm supplementing my breakfast, it's so quick and easy.
Think I may add oats in eventually.
Yeah it works for me right now, that's what I'd been doing as of late like last 2 weeks, & I like it so far... U can get about 1000 calories and 45g protein and 150g of carbs and 25g of fat in that one shake

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
It is man. I even add ice cream to it some days.
Hate I'm supplementing my breakfast, it's so quick and easy.
Think I may add oats in eventually.
Yeah it works for me right now, that's what I'd been doing as of late like last 2 weeks, & I like it so far... U can get about 1000 calories and 45g protein and 150g of carbs and 25g of fat in that one shake
Right I use oats, chocolate casein, olive oil, and 2% milk. Can get calories and macros how ever I want.

Grind the oats in a coffee grinder... Or wait for Basyx.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Right I use oats, chocolate casein, olive oil, and 2% milk. Can get calories and macros how ever I want.

Grind the oats in a coffee grinder... Or wait for Basyx.
What's basyx?

I'm going to have some chicken and fries :D chik Fil a in bit and put slin sane to the test.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
What's basyx?

I'm going to have some chicken and fries :D chik Fil a in bit and put slin sane to the test.
Sorry for the delay my friend. Let us know how your test goes!

Basyx is something I am very excited about. Also something you'll have to wait to find out more.. Not to much longer hopefully.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry for the delay my friend. Let us know how your test goes!

Basyx is something I am very excited about. Also something you'll have to wait to find out more.. Not to much longer hopefully.
The suspense builds