dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As some of you may or may not know, I was involved in a pretty wicked barfight. In the course of trying to protect my wife from a dirtbag (who happened to be a cage fighter) I suffered some pretty extensive cosmetic facial damage along with a destroyed nose.

During my convalescence I lost a significant amount of muscle (probably 12-15 pounds) and put on around 6 pounds of fat.

I will be using, off the bat, the following:

Eviscerate
DCP (I have 3 bottles left and it's gone :( )
Alpha-Burn/homemade HEAT Stack
Protocol version 1 (version 2 will be out in around 3 weeks)
Slin-Sane
various multivitamins/minerals

and I may add in a bottle of Havoc here in a few weeks once I feel more comfortable. I'm currently 216 pounds, 5'9" at probably 17% bodyfat.

I was cleared by my surgeon to return to the gym on Tuesday. Tuesday night I hired my wife's trainer, Natalie Calland (www.natnatfitness.com) to bring me up slowly with a more aerobic/lighter weight rehab regimen for 2-3 weeks. Monday (probably legs) and Wednesday (chest) will be my own workouts, since I have particular goals that are not compatible with her training style.

Most notable is my usage of Eviscerate not only on the midsection, but preworkout on the muscle being worked. I have found significant effect doing this, in terms of blood flow enhancement, warmup, localized leaning out, and recovery enhancement (perhaps due to localized IGF-1 formation from the TRPV-1 activation).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you going to shave the fur off?
What're you kidding? Winter in Ohio is brutal...I take my fur coat everywhere I go.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What're you kidding? Winter in Ohio is brutal...I take my fur coat everywhere I go.
I had a feeling you'd say something along these lines.

Any update on the Genomyx HEAT stack?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a feeling you'd say something along these lines.

Any update on the Genomyx HEAT stack?
Looking at between 4-6 weeks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking at between 4-6 weeks.
Perfect. I have enough AlphaBurn to last until Halloween time to trim off this fat. I'm weird in that I like to cut in the winter and bulk in the summer.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NICE stack, Matt! And don't worry, you'll make rapid progress and be back where you want in no time at all! Besides, you have all of us behind you - we'll kick (gently, of course) if we need to :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in on this one too Matt. looking forward to see more of your innovations through Genomyx in the future

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
In for this one..

Glad to see recover is going well !

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Oh, and I see your still using Eviscerate pre-workout. I have one bottle left, and thinking of using it in this manner again.. I remember trying it with the first beta's that you released.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed.

Oh, and I see your still using Eviscerate pre-workout. I have one bottle left, and thinking of using it in this manner again.. I remember trying it with the first beta's that you released.
For me, the most dramatic effects are seen on arms, shoulders, and to a lesser extent chest (probably don't get a proper application through my hair). Effects are immediate and blood flow to the area is intense.

It's hilarious to watch my shoulder area cover with sweat while the rest of me is dry, and the looks that I get with the red blotches on me and massive vascularity is also worth it.

Yesterday's workout:

Strict dumbbell flyes:

45*10, 55*10, 65*10, 75*10, 85*10*2

Hammer Incline (weight counted by number of plates on each side) 2*12, 3*10, 3plus a quarter*10, 4 plates * 7 with a 1:00 negative on last rep

Low Crossovers: 40*10, 50*10, 60*10*2

Pec Dec Flyes - 100*10, 140*10, 170*7*2

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I remember my arms would look ridicules when I applied it for workouts. Beat red, but jacked up.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
back workout...miserable. Trainer forgot about my Army injury and tore into lower back exercises. Glad I have some Vikes left.

Machine rows - 120*15*4
superset hyperextensions bw*15*4

Cable Low Pull deadlift- 100*15*4
Superset pushups bw*10*4
Superset crunches*20*4

Cable one arm row 70*10*4
Superset underhand grip pulldowns 120*6*4

Dumbbell deadlift...made it 6 reps before by lower back nerves cut signal...switched to...
Dumbbell upper rows (bench supported) 25*15*4

Ended with some weird standing overhand lat pull into chest
100*10*3
110*8

Cannot walk and in a ton of pain tonight. Also seemed to play major havoc with my bp. Able to have a dude in the locker room grab a pic, though...

No, that is not axle grease...that is my hair.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this adventure should be fun. Good luck and great looking stack. I'm unfortantely in the boat of separted my shoulder in 3 spots so i have gained a bit of muscle and added fat at the moment. Only been able to run and thats about it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in for this adventure should be fun. Good luck and great looking stack. I'm unfortantely in the boat of separted my shoulder in 3 spots so i have gained a bit of muscle and added fat at the moment. Only been able to run and thats about it.
My left AC was also ripped up in th Army. While it was holding steady, once I knocked out a 405 bench it quickly knocked out of alignment. It's definitely taken a toll on my workouts. I'm hoping this change of workout style (lighter weights, varied arcs of motion) will rehab somewhat. So far feeling great, but I sympathize...a messed up shoulder almost makes it not worth even going to the gym.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how wide is your grip on the underhand grip pulldowns? is it with a straight bar?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how wide is your grip on the underhand grip pulldowns? is it with a straight bar?
Regular pulldown bar, but hands spaced around 18 inches apart. Trying to minimize bicep involvement.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Cable deadlift? Never thought about trying that.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
are you going to shave the fur off?
Why would he do something ridiculous like that?
Yay! The dsade banter is back!

BTW Matt, your back it looking pretty damn big for being down 12-15lb and furry. :fest06:

I have 1 bottle of DCP left myself...I want to use it...but I want to treasure it.

It's mine, my own...one DCP to rule them all.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in...good to see you throwing steel around again!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Overdid it WAY to quick. Friday I could barely move anything...decided to rest up Friday, Saturday and Sunday and focus on Neurorecovery.

Today i'll be doing Arms. My favorite workout, slathered with Eviscerate! I'll get a measurement after, but I'm pretty sure I've lost a good inch on my arms. Luckily, they come back quickly.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
in :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overdid it WAY to quick. Friday I could barely move anything...decided to rest up Friday, Saturday and Sunday and focus on Neurorecovery.

Today i'll be doing Arms. My favorite workout, slathered with Eviscerate! I'll get a measurement after, but I'm pretty sure I've lost a good inch on my arms. Luckily, they come back quickly.
Hope the session went well, Matt! :)

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

You will get that inch and more in no time bro! ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoulder's having a rough recovery. Working through it for sure. My mass loss was most apparent in today's pics.

rough workout - everything was so similar today (rotator cuff/AC recovery supersets), so accuracy of the log is unreliable....a blend of laterals, bent over laterals, high rope pulls, upright rows (LIGHT LIGHT weight), head tracers, shrugs (went heavier here with a final drop set) and dumbbell presses. Weights up slightly from last week and the pace was brutal.

Still hilarious to see my shoulder (Eviscerated) DRENCHED in sweat with little to no other area even comparable.

Next week I think I am transitioning back to my mass building workouts, but I think in the middle i will squeeze in some cardio level,15 rep, supersets.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WhTF did that pec fat come from?????

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder's having a rough recovery. Working through it for sure. My mass loss was most apparent in today's pics.

rough workout - everything was so similar today (rotator cuff/AC recovery supersets), so accuracy of the log is unreliable....a blend of laterals, bent over laterals, high rope pulls, upright rows (LIGHT LIGHT weight), head tracers, shrugs (went heavier here with a final drop set) and dumbbell presses. Weights up slightly from last week and the pace was brutal.

Still hilarious to see my shoulder (Eviscerated) DRENCHED in sweat with little to no other area even comparable.

Next week I think I am transitioning back to my mass building workouts, but I think in the middle i will squeeze in some cardio level,15 rep, supersets.

Arms looking big Matt!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep at it Matt, recoveries can be long but muscle memory is a great thing as im sure you know!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ran out of Protocol, but was able to grab one of the last in stock from DPS. My own workout tonight, focusing on upper chest re-development.

Paddle Pec Dec: 100*15, 120*10, 150*10, 180*10 (slow squeeze and return)
Incline BB bench: 135*12, 225*10, 275*10, 315*5 (slow negative) JUMP TO
Machine incline: 215*10, 245*10, 245 plus two added 10 pound plates * 10 (static hold)
Hammer bench 1 plate *10, 2 plates *10, 3 plates *6, then got a bad delt pinch.
Pec Dec (slow squeeze) 140*10, 170*10, 190*10

Weight holding steady at around 214. Really self-conscious about the mass loss, though my strength on inclines is back to about 75% of working level.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not bad Matt. Especially under the circumstances. 1-2 weeks tops and you will be back at it 100%

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
09/15/10

Not bad...up at 215 and a bit leaner. Today was a pretty miserable workout, and I didn't do too hot. Supposed to be lat centered, but my forearms and rear delts fatigued way too early. 15 rep sets are just not for me, I think.

Pullups (weight assist is the indication) 48 lb assist * 15, *13, *10, *9
SUPERSETTED WITH pushups 15*4
Dumbbell row at 50 lbs...*15*4. I did horrible on these, getting nothing but rear delt activation.
Two-handed cable rows (to chest) 120*15, 105*15*3
SUPERSETTING WITH underhand grip pulldowns 120*10*4 (forearms were burning)
Cable wide grip pulldowns - 80*15*4
Shrugs (hammer) 1 plate * 10*2, 2 plates * 10*4, 3 plates * 10 * 2

Total workout time 38 minutes...wicked.

Back looks thicker than last week, especially in the trap area. Still hairy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
09/17/10

Arms...a blinding array of high-rep mid-weight dumbbell and barbell movements. Probably 24 sets in all (12 each bi and tri). Last-minute damage was done by some forced rep barbell spider curls.

Arms at a solid 18.75 and some nice Eviscerate-induced cuts.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beast mode Matt, its comin back quick!

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dam Matt thick back and a small waist. Looking good dude.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wondered why my lower back has been feeling better...recovering quickly even after my GRUELING back workout.

Pain Med. 2010 Mar;11(3):356-68.
Safety and Efficacy of Dietary Agmatine Sulfate in Lumbar Disc-associated Radiculopathy. An Open-label, Dose-escalating Study Followed by a Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial.

Keynan O, Mirovsky Y, Dekel S, Gilad VH, Gilad GM.

Orthopedics Department B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
Abstract

Objective. Agmatine, decarboxylated arginine, was shown in preclinical studies to exert efficacious neuroprotection by interacting with multiple molecular targets. This study was designed to ascertain safety and efficacy of dietary agmatine sulfate in herniated lumbar disc-associated radiculopathy. Study Design. First, an open-label dose escalation study was performed to assess the safety and side-effects of agmatine sulfate. In the follow-up study, participants diagnosed with herniated lumbar disc-associated radiculopathy were randomly assigned to receive either placebo or agmatine sulfate in a double-blind fashion. Methods. Participants in the first study were recruited consecutively into four cohorts who took the following escalating regimens: 1.335 g/day agmatine sulfate for 10 days, 2.670 g/day for 10 days, 3.560 g/day for 10 days, and 3.560 g/day for 21 days. Participants in the follow-up study were assigned to receive either placebo or agmatine sulfate, 2.670 g/day for 14 days. Primary outcome measures were pain using the visual analog scale, the McGill pain questionnaire and the Oswestry disability index, sensorimotor deficits, and health-related quality of life using the 36-item short form (SF-36) questionnaire. Secondary outcomes included other treatment options, and safety and tolerability assessment. Results. Safety parameters were within normal values in all participants of the first study. Three participants in the highest dose cohort had mild-to-moderate diarrhea and mild nausea during treatment, which disappeared upon treatment cessation. No other events were observed. In the follow-up study, 51 participants were randomly enrolled in the agmatine group and 48 in the placebo. Continuous improvement of symptoms occurred in both groups, but was more pronounced in the agmatine (analyzed n = 31) as compared with the placebo group (n = 30). Expressed as percent of baseline values, significantly enhanced improvement in average pain measures and in quality of life scores occurred after treatment in the agmatine group (26.7% and 70.8%, respectively) as compared with placebo (6.0% [P </= 0.05] and 20.0% [P </= 0.05], respectively). No treatment-related adverse events were noted. Conclusions. Dietary agmatine sulfate is safe and efficacious treatment for alleviating pain and improving quality of life in lumbar disc-associated radiculopathy. Study Registration. ClinicalTrials.gov Protocol Registration System Identifier: NCT00405041.

PMID: 20447305 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
09/21/10

Natalie is splitting for the O tomorrow, so she's been doing two bodyparts per day. On Monday's I train with a powerlifter friend of mine looking to cut up...so yesterday we did a very minor arm workout (neither of us felt good).

So today I was surprised to see.....Back and Biceps, YAY!

I got basically nothing from the back portion, oddly....we did 4 sets of machine rows supersetted with 4 sets of dumbbell rows, some undergrip cable rows, and some cable front pullovers.

Wasn't sure how the unsupported dumbbell biceps would go, as my shoulder screamed in protest last Friday, but I held up very nicely. Anyway, since I didn't get much from the back portion I just hit a pic of my bicep. Bad angle, the vascularity is not apparent.

I have to figure out what to do with tomorrow, but Thursday I'll be doing a leg workout before my flight out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After discussing briefly with Patrick about a proposed product design based on the above study, he was discussing the opiod receptor senstivity enhancement mechanism of Agmatine Sulfate.

This is an excellent explanation of why the Protocol was assisting with my lower back soreness.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
very interesting-seems weve only beugun to really see the whole value of agmatine. You guys thnkn of doin a product together?