What kind of pets do you have? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

What kind of pets do you have?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Awww what a beautiful blue pit!!

Jay: She is a pretty girl. Could be a great fit, however I'm partial to blue and those baby pups were sooooo cute. Pick me up one while you are there!!!!

2. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I have a 3 year old pure bred blue doberman, he's about 95 lbs and tall but he has a pretty blocky head for a dobie. He (edit)has gone after smaller dogs and he killed 1 cat and numerous opossums, raccoons, birds, etc etc. He is extremely protective of my wife (thats why I got him). Very cautious around people, I dont let anyone in the house - Instead I bring out the dog to meet them outside of "his turf." Very friendly with people once he gets to know them. He is pretty neurotic (i've never had a dobie that wasnt, or seen one that wasnt) and goofy. He is overly affectionate which pisses me off but my wife loves it. He likes to hug, its really bizarre.. he'll come up and put his arms around you and lay his head on you for as long as you'll let him. He's been difficult to train - I adopted him at a 1.5 yr old and he was a guard dog and was abused pretty bad. I dont recommend anyone get a dobie unless they understand animal behavior and have experience training dominant/aggressive dogs. He has major abandonment issues as he was adopted and brought back many times due to training difficulties. He whines a lot because of it which is annoying but its not something Ive been able to break

I also have a red doberman/terrier mix. She is 50 lbs and she is a beautiful dog. She was also adopted, they fixed her unfortunately b/c i'd love to breed her. She is brilliant and has the best temperment of any dog i've ever seen.

PS - I hate pits from personal experiences. I've had to shoot 2 of them - one on my property and one of them attacked my little dog while I had her on a walk. Too many irresponsible idiots buy them b/c they think they are 'cool.' Same goes for presas et al.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

A gunslinger/dog walker? j/k I won't judge you since I wasn't there but I would only shoot an animal as a last resort. I hope there was more to the story than just 'on my property' for you to kill the dog.
    •   

4. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    A gunslinger/dog walker? j/k I won't judge you since I wasn't there but I would only shoot an animal as a last resort. I hope there was more to the story than just 'on my property' for you to kill the dog.
    I carry a pistol nearly every minute of every day. I also have a permit to do so.

If a large, off-leash aggressive animal viciously attacked your leashed animal and you could not separate them using the standard means (punching, kicking, hitting with objects) would you just let your animal die? No, you wouldn't - you'd use whatever means possible. If the owner came out I might have had to shoot them too. Why? Because I live in the GHETTO. A-Holes here constantly ignore the laws and let their animals run wild. Many are large, aggressive pit bulls with no training that need to be put down, not let roam free... especially considering the amount of children in the neighborhood.

My dogs, which are always on leash (even on my property) have been attacked numerous times by pits. I do carry an Asp which will normally deter if not knock unconscious most of them. However, if that does not work then I do what I have to do. These attacks normally result in expensive vet bills ($300 or more) for ME.

My dogs ARE my CHILDREN and there is no way on earth I'd let one of them die without doing everything in my power in their defense.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    I carry a pistol nearly every minute of every day. I also have a permit to do so.

If a large, off-leash aggressive animal viciously attacked your leashed animal and you could not separate them using the standard means (punching, kicking, hitting with objects) would you just let your animal die? No, you wouldn't - you'd use whatever means possible. If the owner came out I might have had to shoot them too. Why? Because I live in the GHETTO. A-Holes here constantly ignore the laws and let their animals run wild. Many are large, aggressive pit bulls with no training that need to be put down, not let roam free... especially considering the amount of children in the neighborhood.

My dogs, which are always on leash (even on my property) have been attacked numerous times by pits. I do carry an Asp which will normally deter if not knock unconscious most of them. However, if that does not work then I do what I have to do. These attacks normally result in expensive vet bills ($300 or more) for ME.

My dogs ARE my CHILDREN and there is no way on earth I'd let one of them die without doing everything in my power in their defense.
    But its ok for you to brag about your doberman killing small dogs? You didnt have to tell us you lived in the ghetto we could tell by your avatar. I guess living in a ****hole justifies your need to carry both and asp and a pistol, either that or you're just afraid. Why dont you do us all a favor and go away now.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Found a breeder in my area. Did about a 2 hour phone interview and they checked my references including the vet I used. I have an appt on Tuesday to go look at some current pups including a 5 month female they have.

I was a little worried about getting one a little older but she has all shots and has been trained as well as house/crate ready too. They are knocking 500 off of her price and selling her for the cost of pet quality; she is possible show quality.

Available

She's the top picture shown. Anyone that has time to check it out or offer some advice beore I head over, would be appreciated.
    She looks real good man. Plus her ears are already done so that will save you some expense, and at 5 mos, she should be housebroken as well (if shes been living inside).
  7. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    But its ok for you to brag about your doberman killing small dogs? You didnt have to tell us you lived in the ghetto we could tell by your avatar. I guess living in a ****hole justifies your need to carry both and asp and a pistol, either that or you're just afraid. Why dont you do us all a favor and go away now.
    Dude I didnt even write it right. I just checked my post and edited. He's never killed another dog, only attacked them. I dont let him near other male dogs or small dogs just in case . He is good with all females (of course). He got 1 stray cat and a whole bunch of opossums and raccoons.

You construed that as bragging? Brilliant. Maybe if you read again (you can read... right?) - I'd hoped my original post would serve more as a warning to those considering dobermans and other aggressive breed dogs that are known to have high prey drives that are difficult to break.

Now I'm also bad for being a libertarian and defending our rights as set forth in the constitution.. you got all that from my avatar? I am impressed... Does my avatar offend you that much? If so you are living in the wrong country my boy.

I carry a pistol because it's my right. I carry an asp because I'm sick of walking my dogs and having ignorant a-holes with untrained aggressive dogs running out and attacking my dogs which are leashed and not doing any harm. Have you tried to pull a 70+ lb pit off another dog? Probably not.

Did I offend you for saying something negative about pit bulls? I am so sorry.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Well if you have this happen often you should maybe buy a break stick. You put it behind the pits back teeth and turn it and it unlocks the dogs jaws. All the pits I've ever had were gentle and good with other dogs.
    Pit Bull Rescue Central
  9. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Well if you have this happen often you should maybe buy a break stick. You put it behind the pits back teeth and turn it and it unlocks the dogs jaws. All the pits I've ever had were gentle and good with other dogs.
    Pit Bull Rescue Central
    Crader

It's often enough for me to have bought an asp lol. I appreciate the link, I will look into the breaksticks.

The problem really lies with the people around here.. they get these dogs as status symbol and usually tie them out in their yard with speaker wire or something. The poor dogs are deprived of food half the time and they never receive any training (which pits love). They also lack socialization with other dogs which is a shame. I've got friends who have great pits, very friendly and social dogs FWIW
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I can't say i'm for shooting dogs. It's a shame that there are so many irresponsible people that own pit bulls. When I was 12 some guy shot my boxer right between his eye and snout. My dog was in my neighbors yard, across from where the guy lives and he shot him through the fence.

He said that my dog was "ramming" the fence in a vicious manner, but I know damn well that my boxer is the biggest puss on the face of the planet.

My pitbull I have now is 6 months old, so his behavior can change as he ages. However, he's very calm with kids and other animals. MY 4 year old nephew smacks him (not something I encourage, but he's a kid) and all my dog does is lick him.

My pug gets annoyed and chases my pit. I was walking him and a curious mastiff came to see what the big fuss was and all they did was smell each other, my dog just wanted to play.

I understand there's a lot of aggressive dogs, but it's all in how you raise them, some are stubborn and it's just in their blood. I'm sure there are other alternative to shooting a dog. They don't have the understanding that you do.
  11. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Oooops double
    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I can't say i'm for shooting dogs. It's a shame that there are so many irresponsible people that own pit bulls. When I was 12 some guy shot my boxer right between his eye and snout. My dog was in my neighbors yard, across from where the guy lives and he shot him through the fence.

He said that my dog was "ramming" the fence in a vicious manner, but I know damn well that my boxer is the biggest puss on the face of the planet.

My pitbull I have now is 6 months old, so his behavior can change as he ages. However, he's very calm with kids and other animals. MY 4 year old nephew smacks him (not something I encourage, but he's a kid) and all my dog does is lick him.

My pug gets annoyed and chases my pit. I was walking him and a curious mastiff came to see what the big fuss was and all they did was smell each other, my dog just wanted to play.

I understand there's a lot of aggressive dogs, but it's all in how you raise them, some are stubborn and it's just in their blood. I'm sure there are other alternative to shooting a dog. They don't have the understanding that you do.
    Understand its a last resort. I love animals... and I hate to have had to do it. But I have more hate for the people that get these dogs and dont train them or turn them aggressive. The only one who gets punished in the end is the dog, not the idiot owner.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Keep it nice folks. Let us not turn a thread into something good as it was intended into a pissing match.
  13. Elite Member

I have a 3 year old pure bred blue doberman, he's about 95 lbs and tall but he has a pretty blocky head for a dobie. He (edit)has gone after smaller dogs and he killed 1 cat and numerous opossums, raccoons, birds, etc etc. He is extremely protective of my wife (thats why I got him). Very cautious around people, I dont let anyone in the house - Instead I bring out the dog to meet them outside of "his turf." Very friendly with people once he gets to know them. He is pretty neurotic (i've never had a dobie that wasnt, or seen one that wasnt) and goofy. He is overly affectionate which pisses me off but my wife loves it. He likes to hug, its really bizarre.. he'll come up and put his arms around you and lay his head on you for as long as you'll let him. He's been difficult to train - I adopted him at a 1.5 yr old and he was a guard dog and was abused pretty bad. I dont recommend anyone get a dobie unless they understand animal behavior and have experience training dominant/aggressive dogs. He has major abandonment issues as he was adopted and brought back many times due to training difficulties. He whines a lot because of it which is annoying but its not something Ive been able to break

I also have a red doberman/terrier mix. She is 50 lbs and she is a beautiful dog. She was also adopted, they fixed her unfortunately b/c i'd love to breed her. She is brilliant and has the best temperment of any dog i've ever seen.

PS - I hate pits from personal experiences. I've had to shoot 2 of them - one on my property and one of them attacked my little dog while I had her on a walk. Too many irresponsible idiots buy them b/c they think they are 'cool.' Same goes for presas et al.
    Based on your standards you should have killed your Doberman on a few occasions. Why do you let it live? Because it's yours? That's selfish, IMO. I understand where you're coming from, but why let your dog get away with it? Not trying to start sh*t man, I'd just like an explanation as to why it's ok for your dog to kill, but if someone elses dog attacks you kill it.

Doberman's are some crazy dogs. My friend had one and I knew it well, then one night I was sleeping and it latched on to my arm. I managed to get it off of me, but it was basically in attack mode, so I slowly crept out of the house. Saw the thing a week later and it acted like it was my best friend. Not saying all Doberman's are crazy, just the ones I've encountered.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Robdog your cat looks so much like a cat I had growing up, Kadder. I swear she was a genius cat, if you pissed her off expect urine on your laundry. Miss that cat.
  15. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Based on your standards you should have killed your Doberman on a few occasions. Why do you let it live? Because it's yours? That's selfish, IMO. I understand where you're coming from, but why let your dog get away with it? Not trying to start sh*t man, I'd just like an explanation as to why it's ok for your dog to kill, but if someone elses dog attacks you kill it.

Doberman's are some crazy dogs. My friend had one and I knew it well, then one night I was sleeping and it latched on to my arm. I managed to get it off of me, but it was basically in attack mode, so I slowly crept out of the house. Saw the thing a week later and it acted like it was my best friend. Not saying all Doberman's are crazy, just the ones I've encountered.
    My dog's never hurt/injured another dog. Why? Because he's leashed and restrained.

Dobies are very very neurotic!! lol you are lucky it didnt get your neck or anything
  16. Elite Member

My dog's never hurt/injured another dog. Why? Because he's leashed and restrained.

Dobies are very very neurotic!! lol you are lucky it didnt get your neck or anything
    Yeah, it would've been a pisser had it got my jugular.

I'm glad that you leash your dog, but it seems to be a danger. I imagine all the killings happened on your property? Please keep a close eye on your dog, it clearly wants to do damage. It would suck if it hurt someone/something and you ended up having to put him/her to sleep.
  17. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Yeah, it would've been a pisser had it got my jugular.

I'm glad that you leash your dog, but it seems to be a danger. I imagine all the killings happened on your property? Please keep a close eye on your dog, it clearly wants to do damage. It would suck if it hurt someone/something and you ended up having to put him/her to sleep.
    I take him out when I walk the neighborhood, otherwise he stays inside or in the fenced yard. He is a definite risk but the poor thing has been in and out of fosters half his life so I give him a good home and lots of love. Its normally my little one that gets attacked, not sure why b/c shes a female and its usually males attacking her but she tends to be dominant with other dogs so thats probably it. I am not sure what we'll do when we decide to have kids. We'll move out of the neighborhood and probably make him an outside dog at that point.

Dobies dont live long so when he kicks the bucket I want to get an american bulldog or a german sheppard.
  18. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Robdog your cat looks so much like a cat I had growing up, Kadder. I swear she was a genius cat, if you pissed her off expect urine on your laundry. Miss that cat.
    Haha... I don't get cat people.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Dude I didnt even write it right. I just checked my post and edited. He's never killed another dog, only attacked them. I dont let him near other male dogs or small dogs just in case . He is good with all females (of course). He got 1 stray cat and a whole bunch of opossums and raccoons.

You construed that as bragging? Brilliant. Maybe if you read again (you can read... right?) - I'd hoped my original post would serve more as a warning to those considering dobermans and other aggressive breed dogs that are known to have high prey drives that are difficult to break.

Now I'm also bad for being a libertarian and defending our rights as set forth in the constitution.. you got all that from my avatar? I am impressed... Does my avatar offend you that much? If so you are living in the wrong country my boy.

I carry a pistol because it's my right. I carry an asp because I'm sick of walking my dogs and having ignorant a-holes with untrained aggressive dogs running out and attacking my dogs which are leashed and not doing any harm. Have you tried to pull a 70+ lb pit off another dog? Probably not.

Did I offend you for saying something negative about pit bulls? I am so sorry.
    Haha you try to insult my intelligence right after you admit to writing your original post wrong, which is what caused the confusion. Listen tard, I made a thread for people to talk about their pets and you come in rambling on about "hating pits" and "knocking dogs unconscious" and "shooting them". Thats ****ing ridiculous. Do you think anyone wants to read that stupid ****? As far as breaking up dog fights, Ive done it PLENTY. My dog happens to be dog aggressive (hes been that way since he was 5 months old), therefore he is ALWAYS leashed, and I dont take him places where I know other dogs will be. Every time he has gotten into it with some other dog, it's because they run over to him while he is leashed. I admit, it can he hard as hell to separate two big strong dogs but it can be done if youre not an idiot. There's NO reason to ever have to shoot either of the dogs. Two months ago, a Doberman ran over to me and my dog while I was walking him and he snatched it. Should I have just shot the Doberman?
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Argument made. we know where yall stand
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

So anyway, when do you pick up your puppy Jay!
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

U gotta post pics when u get her. A Corso is something to be proud of. There's a shelter by my house that had a whole litter of Presas dropped off there in december. I wanted one so bad.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Tuesday is the appt to meet the pups. Not sure if I'll get one of these or put a deposit on one for their scheduled July litter
  24. Elite Member

Haha... I don't get cat people.
    Damn, you don't like cats? Cats are great, they don't listen, but they're very smart loving animals, plus they don't smell bad. I love all animals though. I knew this redneck guy that had a pet groundhog, probably the coolest pet I've ever encountered.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Tuesday is the appt to meet the pups. Not sure if I'll get one of these or put a deposit on one for their scheduled July litter
    I was looking through some pics of the stud. Looks like quite the character, very good looking dog. I have a feeling that once you see the litter you're going to be won over and leave with a pup soon after.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Damn, you don't like cats? Cats are great, they don't listen, but they're very smart loving animals, plus they don't smell bad. I love all animals though. I knew this redneck guy that had a pet groundhog, probably the coolest pet I've ever encountered.
    Lol, was it a groundhog or a prairie dog?
  27. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I take him out when I walk the neighborhood, otherwise he stays inside or in the fenced yard. He is a definite risk but the poor thing has been in and out of fosters half his life so I give him a good home and lots of love. Its normally my little one that gets attacked, not sure why b/c shes a female and its usually males attacking her but she tends to be dominant with other dogs so thats probably it. I am not sure what we'll do when we decide to have kids. We'll move out of the neighborhood and probably make him an outside dog at that point.

Dobies dont live long so when he kicks the bucket I want to get an american bulldog or a german sheppard.
    I'm not entirely sure you understand canine psychology. It seems you have a victim mentality, whereas your dog is part of the issue - either that, or you are the most unfortunate person on the face of planet.

Obviously, if these attacks are often enough you have bought an ATP, your dog is involved. Now, do not construe this as your dog directly attacking another, but giving/feeding off negative energy, assuming dominance positions (that you did not recognize), and so on. I have never heard of one dog, or one individual, attacked so many times without provocation.

If your dog was a guard dog, he will more than likely assume aggressive positions/stances when out with you in public. The fact you did not, or cannot, recognize this and somebody else's pet was killed because of your ignorance is somewhat unfathomable. Provocation is obviously occurring, and you are not recognizing it - this is your fault.

Moral of the story:

Realize your dog does not fare well with other canines, and stop walking it where you may encounter them; hopefully, with this approach, we might avoid your Dirty Harry attitude and less dogs will be needlessly shot.

Cases like this make me glad purchasing a gun is harder than walking into Wal-Mart in Canada.
  28. Elite Member

Lol, was it a groundhog or a prairie dog?
    It was a groundhog. I live in D.C., they're very common here. The thing was bada$$, it had the coolest personality.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

It was a groundhog. I live in D.C., they're very common here. The thing was bada$$, it had the coolest personality.
    That would be sweet. Personally, ive always wanted a wombat.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I wanted a puma
  31. Elite Member

Yes, wombat's are awesome. This groundhog was kind of like a mini-wombat, he would occasionally bumrush you with his head down. He always had a look on his face like "**** off", but he was really nice and would sit on your lap as much as possible.
  32. Elite Member

I wanted a puma
    A puma would be great, but I hope you've got a good "mata leon", just in case.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Have a good what?
  35. Elite Member

Have a good what?
    That is a beautiful animal, damn. Mata leon means lion kill, the brazilians use it referring to a rear naked choke, which is used to kill big cats in the jungle.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I can picture you with that along with some sort of mini-livestock like a pig or a horse.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Has anybody owned, or known anybody who owned, those Bengal house cat breeds? They are pretty amazing.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Has anybody owned, or known anybody who owned, those Bengal house cat breeds? They are pretty amazing.
    My friend had one. Theyre pretty cool. They act more like a dog and they like water. There was a guy who had a pet bobcat and walked it on a leash who lived by the lakehouse I used to frequent. Just saw it from a distance though.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I can picture you with that along with some sort of mini-livestock like a pig or a horse.
    I'm pretty sure Twinkle qualifies as mini-livestock.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm pretty sure Twinkle qualifies as mini-livestock.
    True. I miss babysitting Twinkie and Sagie. I miss those 2 tards. Awesome pets bro.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of PH is epi?
    By mark118 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Pets for college
    By TexasLifter89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  3. coolest pets post em
    By swanee609 in forum General Chat