What kind of pets do you have?

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Great dogs gutter.......I'm a big fan of all the bully breeds.

Bulldogs are definately the dogs with the most character LOL...I'm a huge fanatic.

There's a huge dog show / pull event this weekend in CT open to all bull breeds, going to be a lot of fun

Hebron Harvest Fair

2. I tried to get my dog into weight pulling but hes too dumb. Strong as hell though.
    •   

3. yeah they don't all want to pull, they gotta have that drive for it. he's pretty cool though, he looks like my hybrid american bulldog I used to own and do schutzhund work with.

4. here's an old video of myself with my last american bulldog. prey test at a schutzhund club in canada

http://youtube.com/watch?v=21x2K18nVFg

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    yeah they don't all want to pull, they gotta have that drive for it. he's pretty cool though, he looks like my hybrid american bulldog I used to own and do schutzhund work with.
    Ya Ive thought about having him schutzund trained. Cool vid. He is pretty much a hybrid bulldog. An Arkansas giant is 1/2 APBT, 1/4 English Bulldog, 1/8 American Bulldog, and 1/8 Bullmastiff.
    •   

6. I have a 6 yr old short haired Akita, best dog i have ever had, quiet unless he is alerting to something, doesn't even give the moose who are always in our yard half a look unless we are outside, when my girls are out in the yard he is on constant alert and man I pity the fool who comes around late at night!.

7. Damn, I'm so jealous of all your pets. My cat that I had since birth died recently, she was about 15. I'm a cat person, but I love all animals. I'm thinking of getting a cat, dog, and a hamster pretty much all at once. Not sure what kind of dog to get and I might get flamed but I want a mini dachsund.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bering C View Post
    I have a 6 yr old short haired Akita, best dog i have ever had, quiet unless he is alerting to something, doesn't even give the moose who are always in our yard half a look unless we are outside, when my girls are out in the yard he is on constant alert and man I pity the fool who comes around late at night!.
    We had a male Akita who passed away recently at 15yrs--he was very protective of us! Our female has episodes where she looks like she's being a good guard dog, but I really don't know what to think b/c she's always so welcoming to strangers (at least when we're with her, which is a good thing). They're awesome dogs though.

9. I have 4 dogs right now. Dottie is my daughters, she takes care of her.

Here is our Male Stud Dog "Bossco" - from Razors Edge (Cairo/Trixie).

Here is Bobber, she is our show dog. She got her Champion Title at 8 months old and we are now working on her grand champion.

And last but not least Ebony, she is 4 months old. We started showing her yesterday and it will start going toward her champion status when she turns 6 months.

We are also getting into weight pulling with them. Bossco can pull 10X his body weight now problem, but the first time out the rails freaked him out.

We are going to be breeding bobber and this little guy in july.

10. Man I had a female pit who looked exactly like the male in that top pic. She died in august due to lymphoma but was a true friend that will never be forgotten. They are a wonderful breed with a rep they dont deserve. RIP Sage.

11. All beautiful dogs btw.

12. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    All beautiful dogs btw.
    Agreed. Your retarded lazy dog looks cool as hell.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Those who know him refer to him as the manatee with legs. He's a fine piece of livestock.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You have no idea. I've had the pleasure of babysitting him on a few occasions. Son of a b!tch ate my pizza one time, too.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You have no idea. I've had the pleasure of babysitting him on a few occasions. Son of a b!tch ate my pizza one time, too.
    haha, that's awesome. I request a vid of the dog doing stupid sh*t and then part 2 is you 2 sparring.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    haha, that's awesome. I request a vid of the dog doing stupid sh*t and then part 2 is you 2 sparring.
    He doesn't like guillotines.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He doesn't like guillotines.
    Or RNC's.

18. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Or RNC's.
    He can take a punch, though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. I'm in the market for a pup. Can't have anything pit, bull or rotty. thinking of going with a Shiloh Shepherd, Cane Corso, or Dogo Argentino... Doing more research but i'm leaning towards the Cane Corso.

20. I mean look at this bad boy!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I mean look at this bad boy!

Damn! How about a nice doberman brother. I hope to have a new doby pup in the next few months.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

22. I do like the Doberman but was wanting something a bit different! Prices aren't cheap from what i'm looking at though. Lordy!

23. I've met several Corso breeders and they have all had sweet dogs!! Very friendly and low key, awesome choice. The Dogo Argentina tends to be aggresive though, with people and other dogs.

24. Thanks for the input Crader. The more I read about them, the more they sound like the perfect pet for me.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm in the market for a pup. Can't have anything pit, bull or rotty. thinking of going with a Shiloh Shepherd, Cane Corso, or Dogo Argentino... Doing more research but i'm leaning towards the Cane Corso.

If I were going to go with something other than pits I would go with a argentino dogo.

26. Just stay away from these
    http://www.warsneyk9.com/PresaCanario.html

As they are pretty animal aggressive and you really want a dog you can take places.

27. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Just stay away from these
    http://www.warsneyk9.com/PresaCanario.html

As they are pretty animal aggressive and you really want a dog you can take places.

Nothing wrong with Presa's. You need to be a strong trainer and socialize them, but that's like saying all pits are evil.

A Presa will be my next dog.

“Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

28. Presas are awesome and Dogos are NOT people aggressive and are great with other dogs since they are pack hunters. They do have a high prey drive so they will go after pretty much any other animal though.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm in the market for a pup. Can't have anything pit, bull or rotty. thinking of going with a Shiloh Shepherd, Cane Corso, or Dogo Argentino... Doing more research but i'm leaning towards the Cane Corso.
    Just curious, If you cant have a pitbull or rottie, how can you have a Corso?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of PH is epi?
    By mark118 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Pets for college
    By TexasLifter89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  3. coolest pets post em
    By swanee609 in forum General Chat