Prayer Request Thread

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not a faith debate thread. This is not a God debate thread.

Insensitivity, mockery and disrespect will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you got 'em, post them. You don't believe in God or a god or prayer give it to someone who does and let them do so on your behalf.

The world if full of hurting, lost, confused, broken, helpless and hopeless, fearful and lonely men, woman, boys, girls, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers.

At this very moment in our very own midst there are those who suffer from and struggle with addiction and alcoholism, physical and psychological handicaps, disease, guilt, shame, victims (and perpetrators) of sexual, physical, emotional and psychological abuse, divorce, abandonment, rejection and the pain of lost friends and loved ones who are desperate for hope, trust, understanding, forgiveness, peace and comfort.

I am one. How about you?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am also one and a survivor! BUT there are still areas where I need more trust/faith and less fix it/fear so Im always game for an outpouring of love so that I can have more to give out!

Plus my job situation right now is in strange place so prayer that my finances would remain steady so that i can provide for my family is greatly appreciated!

BTW EXCELLENT THREAD IMHO! :D

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BTW Ive been through EVERYTHING and yes I mean EVERYTHING except for actually murdering someone and being physically challenged so I will surely pray for any and every request thats put here!There is hope if were willing to ask for it and accept it.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting this thread B. Great idea.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a lifelong struggle with many issues which stem from all of the above.

My prayer is that I be a good steward with the grace and mercy I have been shown and be faithful and obedient in doing the same to and for my fellow man.

My position, reputation and respect on this board and at work provide me exposure and opportunity to present and represent the character and integrity of a Godly man. It is my prayer that I practice and display the peace, patience and humility worthy of such.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I am one.

May I sincerely say,

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
B-- Awesome thread idea! I hope this one impacts many peoples lives for the better. As for anyone who posts here, you will cetainly be in my thoughts and prayers. As for myself I ask God every day to help me to be the husband and father my wife and two sons deserve.

Again, awesome thread.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
I'd appreciate prayers for the soul of my grandfather, who passed away about 2 weeks ago. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to pray.

Great thread, brother.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't pray, nor do I subscribe to deities, but I do believe we all have a humanistic duty to critically engage with who are - and moreover, do our very best everyday to reconcile who we are with who we wish to be.

I don't necessarily meditate either, I just attempt to be introspective. At times I am successful, at times I am not.

I do applaud all of you in this thread for attempting to be a better person; trust, respect, courage, love, intelligence, knowledge, inner complexity, these things are non-denominational, so to speak, and we should all aspire to become them.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
brilliant thread idea! i'll def keep an eye on this one :cool:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
JohnnyB - you will be in my thoughts, esp. as I approach my first Father's Day without my Dad.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Johnny I also lost my father. I was 28 so my condolences.Ill be praying.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be my mother's first mother's day without her mother. My mother is a first child. I am a first child of hers and a first grandchild. My daughter is a first grandchild and a first great grandchild.

My grandmother had a way of making me believe I truely was her very favorite. I am very saddened by the thought of not being able to speak with her this time...at least over the phone.

But it is my mother that I am most interested in at this time as...well I cannot imagine really. Unfortunately they did not have the ralationship of parent and child (especially a daughter/duaghter) that my mother and I have. I imagine that only further confuses feelings and emotions at this time for her.

Prayer changes the one praying because in prayer, you are in the presence of God - James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."

Let us not forget that it is a two way communication. He has something to say to you as well. Listen!

It usually floors me. Encounters with the Holy Spirit tend to do that to a person.

Keep something else in mind when you consider prayer. When our prayers are answered or are not answered remember this: If we knew what the Lord knew, we wouldn't change a thing.

Lord, may your peace be with us during this time of rememberance of our lost mothers and fathers and grandmothers and grandfathers. I claim it in advance for my brothers and sisters.

I love you grandma! :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very very good thread B! I will definately do my part to help out!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sorry to hear about your loss, B. I'm sure she is in a better place now. Your children don't know how lucky they are to have been able to meet their great grandparents.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I am a recovering alcoholic also. Just celebrated 4 years of sobriety last month.

My friend Bill just lost his son to drug addiction. You guys don't know Bill, but if you could maybe say a prayer for him and his family. He is suffering a lot right now. Thank you.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
In with clasped hands and a bowed head.

"There but for the grace of God, go I."

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
The Lord withholds no good thing from those who walk in sincerity.
Be of sound heart, sound mind, and sound body.
These two thoughts have gotten me through many a trying time. Well wishes to all of you.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am a recovering alcoholic also. Just celebrated 4 years of sobriety last month.

My friend Bill just lost his son to drug addiction. You guys don't know Bill, but if you could maybe say a prayer for him and his family. He is suffering a lot right now. Thank you.

Will keep the family in prayer and congrats on your sobriety.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established

Congrats on 4 years...certainly will say one for Bill.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards

Sorry to hear about your friend's son. I'll say a prayer for him and his family.

Drug addiction/alcoholism is a horrible disease. It's good that you've been blessed with the opportunity to get sober. Good job, man.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning :)

I am off to the gym. I get really distracted. I struggle with lust...a lot! Why? A lot of it has to do with the fact that I entertain it. I need deliverance frequently.

Muscledad

Awards
Hello everyone,

I don't have alot of posts on this forum, mainly because I am not as knowledgable as most here and most of my questions are answered in searches.

That being said, I will keep everyone in my prayers and I ask that I am kept in everyones prayers. Even when life seems perfect, prayer is still needed to give glory to God for all that he has given to us. I pray everyone finds the peace through Jesus when they need it most and those who are lost see the light. God Bless you all.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Working in medicine i often see good and bad outcomes almost daily. To this day, it's still somewhat hard for me to see a family memeber lose a loved one. Often where i work, it's due to a tragic incident....which makes it even worse.

We're taught to almost function in a robotic fashion to do our job efficiently and effectively, however the human factor often still remains very evident....how could it not.

Through the years i've witnessed situations in which it appeared all that modern medicine could do was exhausted and the outcome was grim.....only to have an unexplained improvement in the situation. Sometimes good things we can't explain happen, and i can honestly say that i often attribute that to prayer/unity/belief myself. At times i offer up a prayer for people that struggle with disease and within themselves. To me, every little bit can help.

My prayers go out to all those that face a daily struggle within yourselves and all that may be in your life. With every successful day that is passed, it empowers you and makes you even stronger. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Good morning :)

I am off to the gym. I get really distracted. I struggle with lust...a lot! Why? A lot of it has to do with the fact that I entertain it. I need deliverance frequently.
I'll pray for us both.

That seed is embedded deep with me and I'd say 60% of why I started working out... insecurities grow roots.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Working in medicine i often see good and bad outcomes almost daily. To this day, it's still somewhat hard for me to see a family memeber lose a loved one. Often where i work, it's due to a tragic incident....which makes it even worse.

We're taught to almost function in a robotic fashion to do our job efficiently and effectively, however the human factor often still remains very evident....how could it not.

Through the years i've witnessed situations in which it appeared all that modern medicine could do was exhausted and the outcome was grim.....only to have an unexplained improvement in the situation. Sometimes good things we can't explain happen, and i can honestly say that i often attribute that to prayer/unity/belief myself. At times i offer up a prayer for people that struggle with disease and within themselves. To me, every little bit can help.

My prayers go out to all those that face a daily struggle within yourselves and all that may be in your life. With every successful day that is passed, it empowers you and makes you even stronger. :)
:goodpost:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The economy slams us all. Often times we forget that the supplement industry can be cut throat with very little margin for profit...if at all.

I was watching CNN this morning on the treadmill and saw FedEx is having some issues with their business due to fuel cost. It made me also consider how much it must cost to get materials and products to inventory. It also made me remember the NutraPlanet site discount codes that are FREE to everyone to use at a certain dollar amount spent. It made me recall the FREE shipping you get when you purchase $200 or more at NutraPlanet.

Let's also consider for a moment that the Gold Member discount codes that are FREE month after months even after your initial membership is paid.

Sam aka: stryder is a friend and a man of great character and integrity. He provides his employees job opportunities and has a family to support as well. As this economy slams everyone lets remember to keep Sam in our prayers. I promise you he would do the same for you.

I also want to personally thank him for the opportunity to include me, in the very small part I play, as part of the NutraPlanet team.

As well Bobo (aka: Jerry, Kramer, Bob Sacamono, Yukon Cornelious...did I miss anyone ;) ) for providing FREE discount codes month after month to his Gold Members long after your initial membership has been paid and spent on keeping this board and your Gold Member functions functional. Most have no idea what it costs in time and effort to keep this site the best there is on the net.

Not to mention the trust he has instilled upon me by allowing me free reign as an administrator on HIS board.

So remember Sam and Bobo and their families as well as all our sponsors and their families.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The economy slams us all. Often times we forget that the supplement industry can be cut throat with very little margin for profit...if at all.

I was watching CNN this morning on the treadmill and saw FedEx is having some issues with their business due to fuel cost. It made me also consider how much it must cost to get materials and products to inventory. It also made me remember the NutraPlanet site discount codes that are FREE to everyone to use at a certain dollar amount spent. It made me recall the FREE shipping you get when you purchase $200 or more at NutraPlanet.

Let's also consider for a moment that the Gold Member discount codes that are FREE month after months even after your initial membership is paid.

Sam aka: stryder is a friend and a man of great character and integrity. He provides his employees job opportunities and has a family to support as well. As this economy slams everyone lets remember to keep Sam in our prayers. I promise you he would do the same for you.

I also want to personally thank him for the opportunity to include me, in the very small part I play, as part of the NutraPlanet team.

As well Bobo (aka: Jerry, Kramer, Bob Sacamono, Yukon Cornelious...did I miss anyone ;) ) for providing FREE discount codes month after month to his Gold Members long after your initial membership has been paid and spent on keeping this board and your Gold Member functions functional. Most have no idea what it costs in time and effort to keep this site the best there is on the net.

Not to mention the trust he has instilled upon me by allowing me free reign as an administrator on HIS board.

So remember Sam and Bobo and their families as well as all our sponsors and their families.
Awesome post! Reminds us of a lot of things we may, otherwise, tend to take for granted! :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well said. I didn't realize you were a Nutraplanet rep now B, congrats brother! :)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am very grateful for this board,the staff,Nutra Planet and its staff (Lord of the Rings rocks! :head::thumbsup::D ) and last but not least the community. Thank you all for all youve done for me!

All prayer requests have been duely noted! :box:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a lifelong struggle with many issues which stem from all of the above.

My prayer is that I be a good steward with the grace and mercy I have been shown and be faithful and obedient in doing the same to and for my fellow man.

My position, reputation and respect on this board and at work provide me exposure and opportunity to present and represent the character and integrity of a Godly man. It is my prayer that I practice and display the peace, patience and humility worthy of such.

This is something I definitely pray and strive for every day - not easy, huh B?
It's an unexpected blessing to find some other Godly Brothers on here. Will be praying for all you!

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I'm glad I found this thread. Great idea. I have one I would like to have your prayers on. My mom passed away last May 20th after a 16 year battle with breast cancer. Yesterday was the Walk for the Cure and Mother's Day, so it was tough. Next tuesday will be the one year anniversary, and my dad is struggling. So if you could say a quick prayer for him, I'd appreciate it. One good thing is that he retired near us and so we are just a few miles away. He keeps busy with the grandkids sports and such and they are a big help. Take care and thanks!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad I found this thread. Great idea. I have one I would like to have your prayers on. My mom passed away last May 20th after a 16 year battle with breast cancer. Yesterday was the Walk for the Cure and Mother's Day, so it was tough. Next tuesday will be the one year anniversary, and my dad is struggling. So if you could say a quick prayer for him, I'd appreciate it. One good thing is that he retired near us and so we are just a few miles away. He keeps busy with the grandkids sports and such and they are a big help. Take care and thanks!
Consider it done my friend. Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, I guess this is probably the best place to put this out here so I will........

I have been going through a very long string of bad events since Sept '07. It sorta started with my car that I posted about last year, however, it has increased to many, many more things since then which have been completely out of my control and not even a result of anything I did.

I have been struggling seeing the end of this and hopefully things starting to turn around. I was thinking to myself this past weekend on literally how much more I can take as I feel like I am just about to lose my sanity and hope all together.

Despite being Catholic, the last several months have been undoubtly the worse in my life ever and have been a test for me personally on many different aspects.

I pray for everyone who needs God's healing grace in their lives and ask for your prayers that my own circumstances can begin to get better (or atleast stop getting worse).

-RX

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
Despite being Catholic, the last several months have been undoubtly the worse in my life ever and have been a test for me personally on many different aspects.
-RX
Sorry to hear about the rough spell you've been having. I'm catholic also. My parents have always been very devout. For some time, I rebelled against Catholicism and made a lot of decisions that were not in my best interest. Since then, I have started going to mass weekly and am trying to live the faith, although my feelings toward the faith remain ambivalent at times.

There are always people on the outside who can find all kinds of stuff wrong with Catholicism. Certainly, the abuse pandemic is a cause for great concern. However, that is being addressed, and there are numerous good things happening in the Catholic church. For me, it's been about accepting my identity as a Catholic. This acceptance did not happen all at once and continues to occur daily.

That being said- I believe that anyone, regardless of their professed religion, is on the right track when they acknowledge the existence of a power greater than themselves. You don't have to be a Catholic or a Baptist or whatever. It's good to be introspective and to use life experiences to become a better person.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There have been many times that I've felt almost alone in my faith in God. So many people do not accept God's word as the truth; as the standard of right and wrong. Faith in God seems to be frequently replaced by moral relativism.

And, there have also been times when I've also felt alone; meaning that I felt that I was not in the presence of God. Did God go anywhere? Nope. Did I? Yes, and usually out of hurt or anger.

Many times I believe we expect God to be our airbag; we expect God will get us out of jams or ensure that we are not harmed by others when they exercise their own free will. To the extent we can instead use God as our steering wheel, we will find out that we are far better off. God gave us a gift, but it is up to us to seek the gift and learn enough about the gift to experience it.

This past year has had many of the worst moments of my life. I find out that my wife, who was in pastoral music ministry, was having another affair. We are in the midst of a divorce, and I believe that breaks God's heart - even though adultery is one of but two Biblical reasons which may be used to substantiate divorce. Further, my so-called wife has poisoned my daughter against me, while my two adult sons want nothing to do with their "mother". Oh, and the church covered up the entire thing, so I obviously had to find a new church )a healthy one). All in all, it is a very bad situation. Really, very bad.

But God can redeem all of this, and He will use it all for His glory - if I seek to be obedient to Him.

So, I've gleaned a few things:

• God is there for us, if we look for Him. And listen for Him. And make the decision to learn God;s word and make it the basis for our life.
  • We only control what we say, what we think and what we do.
  • We do not control the words, acts or deeds of others.
  • We don't have all the answers. We may not even understand all of the questions.
  • Doing what feels right is usually a really bad idea; even though it seems to make sense at the time.
  • Choosing to do things to glorify God, even if it seems wrong at the time, is one heck of a lot better than "being true to thine own self".
  • Just because my so-called wife chose to be a creep, doesn't give me the right to lower myself to her level.
God bless you.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I pray for all I can, and ask for forgiveness for my own sins against God, my fellow man, myself. I also wish to give thanks for all that I have. I pray that I can be strong when I need to be, and help my fellow man when he needs it. Before I found God I was truly a lost soul. Excellent thread B, and all those participating.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Reaper--cetainly will be praying that your situation works itself out.

Here's a thought I had....instead of just having a prayer request thread...why not organize some method of giving to those in need. I know many of us give to churches/charities, etc., but there are many companies as well as individuals represented here. I believe there is a great opportunity for this whole community to do some good. Anyway...just a thought.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beau - Infidelity is a crushing blow to a man, I know too well. Just keep praying and fellowshipping with other Christians. I actually first started lifting seriously after going through an episode very similar to yours.
Make training worship - it's great for venting frustration and praying simultaneously!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But God can redeem all of this, and He will use it all for His glory - if I seek to be obedient to Him.

So, I've gleaned a few things:

• God is there for us, if we look for Him. And listen for Him. And make the decision to learn God;s word and make it the basis for our life.
  • We only control what we say, what we think and what we do.
  • We do not control the words, acts or deeds of others.
  • We don't have all the answers. We may not even understand all of the questions.
  • Doing what feels right is usually a really bad idea; even though it seems to make sense at the time.
  • Choosing to do things to glorify God, even if it seems wrong at the time, is one heck of a lot better than "being true to thine own self".
  • Just because my so-called wife chose to be a creep, doesn't give me the right to lower myself to her level.
God bless you.
God bless you too. I was rockin to Maiden this morning and I thought of you and prayed for us both.

Secular but non the less appropriate:

Rainmaker

When I was wandering in the desert
And was searching for the truth
I heard a choir of angels calling out my name
I had the feeling that my life would never be the same again
I turned my face towards the barren sun

And I know of the pain that you feel the same as me

And I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves
And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
They are sealed and are now washed away

You tell me we can start the rain
You tell me that we all can change
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears.....

And the cracks in the ground like the cracks are in our lives
They are sealed and now far away

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
I just ran across this thread by accident, and boy am I glad I did! Its encouraging to see/hear people on regular websites talking about these types of things.

I will be the 1st to admit, my prayer times have been few and far between each other for about the past year, but now that Im almost done with college and hopefully going to land a new, better job soon I can get back into the presence of the Lord...where I need to be!

I am glad to be part of this thread and look foreward to posting on here again and again.

My prayers go out to those who've recently lost loved ones as well as those who are involved in the everyday struggle to keep their heads up, because I too have been one of those people. And trust me, I would NOT be here if God did not have something else planned for me.

So keep praying, and miracles will keep happening. You only need faith as small as a mustard seed.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
God bless you too. I was rockin to Maiden this morning and I thought of you and prayed for us both.

Secular but non the less appropriate:

Rainmaker

When I was wandering in the desert
And was searching for the truth
I heard a choir of angels calling out my name
I had the feeling that my life would never be the same again
I turned my face towards the barren sun

And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
They are sealed and are now washed away

You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears.....

And the cracks in the ground like the cracks are in our lives
They are sealed and now far away
Thank you, really.

Its funny, I listen to A LOT of Christian rock; most of it pretty hard (although now almost 49, my music tastes never matured, they remain fairly infantile [for example I take my sons to see groups like Social Distortion]). Many of the harder Christian rock lyrics (e.g., from groups such as Kutless, Red and Seventh Day Slumber) deal with the types of hurt we have been referring to here. But, I also hear some of the same messages in songs by mainstream groups like
the Foo Fighters, for example. I gather many of us share the same feelings and hurts; even if we don't always acknowledge them to others.

Resolve - thanks for your comments. I gave it the best shot I could in the aftermath of her first (???) affair; this affair leaves me no other choice.

And just to bring this back to lyrical content - I offer the lyrics from "Wasting Time" by Red; a sort of tribute to my so-called estranged wife:

You found me here, waiting for your chance
You would reach inside and take all of me
You watch your lies smother me again
But now you can't!

Don't even try your wasting time
Jump back I'll beat you down and turn around
I'm fighting my way through you
Push you away, I'll never break
Come back ill beat you down
It's over now
I'm turning my back on you

I turn around, there you are
A blink and a flash back to you again
You push me down tried to steal it all
This time I’m pushing back!

Don't even try your wasting time
Jump back I'll beat you down, turn around
I'm fighting my way through you
Come back I'll beat you down
It's over now
I'm turning my back on you

ohh on you

Go ahead and try to stop me
Go ahead and try!
Go ahead and try!

Don't even try, you're wasting time
Jump back I'll beat you down and turn around
I'm fighting my way through you!
Come back I'll beat you down
It's over now
I'm turning my back on you!

Blessing to you all.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you, really.

Its funny, I listen to A LOT of Christian rock; most of it pretty hard (although now almost 49, my music tastes never matured, they remain fairly infantile [for example I take my sons to see groups like Social Distortion]). Many of the harder Christian rock lyrics (e.g., from groups such as Kutless, Red and Seventh Day Slumber) deal with the types of hurt we have been referring to here. But, I also hear some of the same messages in songs by mainstream groups like
the Foo Fighters, for example. I gather many of us share the same feelings and hurts; even if we don't always acknowledge them to others.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/94145-christian-rock-metal.html#post1351689

A favorite of mine.

No Way Back - Foo Fighters

Lately
I've been
Living in my head
The rest of me is dead
I'm dying for truth
Make me
Believe
No more left and right
Come on take my side
I'm fighting for you
I'm fighting for you

Pleased to meet you, take my hand
There is no way back from here
Pleased to meet you, say your prayers
But I don't care
No way back from here

Wake me
I'm ready
Something don't seem right
I was dreaming I was talking to you
Memory
Mend me
You know I've seen my share
Of things I can't repair
I'll break it to you

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I hope it is ok to continue with the Christian lyrics since I think it can help with the requests made here. This is from The 77's and deals with infidelity, or perhaps any wounds caused by others (or us), and how God can help.
That said, still hard to put in practice sometimes, just the reality of it. I'm praying as well!

I Can't Get Over It

You say you're sorry
I can't get over it
I said I forgive you
I can't get over it
You say you'll learn from this mistake
I can't get over it
I should be giving you a break
But I can't...

We've put it behind us now
I can't get over it
Nothing left to remind us now
I can't get over it
They say that time heals every wound
I can't get over it
You thought the worst was over soon
I can't get over it

You need somebody
Who can get over it
You need somebody
Who can get over it

We know you're wiser now
I can't get over it
I don't want to despise you now
I can't get over it
I try and force myself to forget
But it's hanging right over my head

I've done so much worse so many times myself
I can't get over it
I've got no right to indict somebody else
I can't get over it
You hurt us both, I'm hurting us more
Not getting over it
Could I say I ever really loved you
If I don't get over it

We need somebody
Who can get over it
We need somebody
Who can get over it
We need somebody
to take the pain of it
We need somebody
Who has bought and paid for you
And it!
And it!
End it!
End it!

Who's gonna help me
Who's gonna help me
Get past this thing
Get past this thing
To a real place
To a real place
Give you some space
Give you some space
Where I can face it
Where I can face it
We can erase it
We can erase it
Oh erase it!
Oh erase it!
Erase!
Erase!
Erase!

Erase!
Erase!
Erase!
Erase!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Blue Savannah song
Oh blue Savannah song
Somewhere 'cross the desert
Sometime in the early hours
In a restless world
On the open highway
My home is where the heart is
Sweet to surrender to you only
I send my love to you
Blue Savannah song
Oh blue Savannah song
Racing 'cross the desert
At a hundred miles an hour
To the orange side
Through the clouds and thunder
I send my love to you
I'm on my way back and your love will bring me home (Say that your loving will bring me home)
I'm travelling fast and your love will bring me home (Say that your loving will bring me home)
Will I discover that your love will bring me home? (Dream away, darling)
That your love will bring me home? (Yeah)
Somewhere 'cross the desert
Sometime in the early hours
To the orange side
Through the clouds and thunder
I send my love to you
Home is where the heart is
I send my love to you
Savannah song
I send my love to you
Savannah song
To you only
To you only

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope it is ok to continue with the Christian lyrics since I think it can help with the requests made here.
Your contribution is very welcomed. Lets try to keep this particular thread on topic. Admittedly I myself may have run it O/T. So I created the http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/94145-christian-rock-metal.html#post1351689 so that we could share our inspirational song and lyric.

Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Burke

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your contribution is very welcomed. Lets try to keep this particular thread on topic. Admittedly I myself may have run it O/T. So I created the http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/94145-christian-rock-metal.html#post1351689 so that we could share our inspiration song and lyric.

Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Burke
I think I share at least an equal responsibility for transforming this thread into becoming more lyric centric than it should have been.