Prayer Request Thread

Page 41 of 88 First ... 3940414243 ... Last

1. What a great thread, Recently I have come to know god and for that I welcome you all as my brothers and sisters. May God stay within our hearts and the devil beneath our feet.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSanderso View Post
    What a great thread, Recently I have come to know god and for that I welcome you all as my brothers and sisters. May God stay within our hearts and the devil beneath our feet.
    Praise God, read Luke 15:10, that is wonderful, the devil will try to discourage, but rebuke him in the name of Jesus. You are victorious in God, just know that he is God and that nothing is impossible for him. This post made my day, God bless you and pettitions are always welcomed.
    doing my own thang!
    •   

3. keeper

On it, Jim. Keep us posted.

And welcome Chris!

4. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey man you sound like a negative nancy over her. I am seeking god and I will trust in him to help me through this. That doesn't mean i can't keep my head high. so don't try and bring me down. Just cause you got lowered doesn't mean i will . I know there will be ups and downs , but i like to think that I will try my best to look at this as a learning experience. i know this was gods hand and he has been talking to me for a while to straighten up. I am just kinda hard headed at times.
    I don't think he meant it negatively. You're right though, you can't dwell on failure. Success requires that you look ahead and move on.

Yesterday = NOTHING

5. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I don't think he meant it negatively. You're right though, you can't dwell on failure. Success requires that you look ahead and move on.

Yesterday = NOTHING
    Thanks D! your a man of many wise words!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey man you sound like a negative nancy over her. I am seeking god and I will trust in him to help me through this. That doesn't mean i can't keep my head high. so don't try and bring me down. Just cause you got lowered doesn't mean i will . I know there will be ups and downs , but i like to think that I will try my best to look at this as a learning experience. i know this was gods hand and he has been talking to me for a while to straighten up. I am just kinda hard headed at times.
    If I was lowered in any way, it was only so GOD could lift me higher. I am just about the furthest thing from a negative nancy, I can spot trouble early though. Your second dui at 23? My brother had his second at 22, and he was hopefull as well. He now has four. Im just saying be careful, im not saying hide in a corner, but be aware that you might have a problem.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    If I was lowered in any way, it was only so GOD could lift me higher. I am just about the furthest thing from a negative nancy, I can spot trouble early though. Your second dui at 23? My brother had his second at 22, and he was hopefull as well. He now has four. Im just saying be careful, im not saying hide in a corner, but be aware that you might have a problem.
    Oh I am sure i have a problem thats why I just have to stay away from the booze all together. It's has to be a complete reevaluation of my life, change my habits, friends, and where I hang out.
  8. jim623

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Oh I am sure i have a problem thats why I just have to stay away from the booze all together. It's has to be a complete reevaluation of my life, change my habits, friends, and where I hang out.
    If you feel the urge to go to these places, with these friends, which are not true freinds if they let you drive under the influence, call a cab and leave the car home.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    If you feel the urge to go to these places, with these friends, which are not true freinds if they let you drive under the influence, call a cab and leave the car home.
    i am just to stubborn and have to many bad drinking qualities I am the type that can drink anyone under the table and i don't stop. My father was the same way and he had to quit it altogether. I have to do the same . i know it in my heart that it is true and god has bee trying to tell me this. i am so stupid sometimes its disgusting. I just hope that I can do that and not give back into my bad ways. i am going to have to reevaluate my whole life and what i do in my free time. I used to be so good at trusting the lord and letting him chose my path but every since around 8 Th grade I started to drift away from him. It progressively got worse and it never came back fully. I need to bring it back to him and just trust him completely to straighten my life out. I am just having such a hard time doing that because it has been so long and i wish I had not ever strayed.
  10. jim623

i am just to stubborn and have to many bad drinking qualities I am the type that can drink anyone under the table and i don't stop. My father was the same way and he had to quit it altogether. I have to do the same . i know it in my heart that it is true and god has bee trying to tell me this. i am so stupid sometimes its disgusting. I just hope that I can do that and not give back into my bad ways. i am going to have to reevaluate my whole life and what i do in my free time. I used to be so good at trusting the lord and letting him chose my path but every since around 8 Th grade I started to drift away from him. It progressively got worse and it never came back fully. I need to bring it back to him and just trust him completely to straighten my life out. I am just having such a hard time doing that because it has been so long and i wish I had not ever strayed.
    All that matters now is that you went back to him. I know far too well, the problems that alcohol can instow on a person. Both of my parents,1 sister and my brother are still heavy drinkers. I myself went crazy for a few years, especially when I was in the Air Force. Pick up the pieces of a broken life, grab the most powerful glue available, our Lord Jesus Christ, and start rebuilding it one piece at a time.

I'll do what I can to help!

11. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    At least you can admit your faults and can recognize that it must stop, this is the first step. I recommend you fast for this habbit that you have. Fasting always helps me break through faults.
    doing my own thang!

12. Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    At least you can admit your faults and can recognize that it must stop, this is the first step. I recommend you fast for this habbit that you have. Fasting always helps me break through faults.
    Like literal food fasting?

13. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Like literal food fasting?
    yeah but the purpose is to PRAY, if you want to only skip one meal that is fine, this type of segragation represents sacrifice and humbility unto the presence of God, let God know how much you want to be liberated from these habits.
    doing my own thang!

14. Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    yeah but the purpose is to PRAY, if you want to only skip one meal that is fine, this type of segragation represents sacrifice and humbility unto the presence of God, let God know how much you want to be liberated from these habits.
    Andrew you are a good man, and thank you for this help. When i get all thru with this I am gonna drive to winter haven and buy you some dinner. lol I also appreciate all the help from everyone else on here.You guys really help me go on with my days and look to the sky for my help!

15. Hello everybody, its been a while but I hope you are all doing well. I am asking my brothers in the lord to keep me up in prayer as I begin my personal ministry. I have been asking the lord for years now to use me and direct my path. Well the lord has been dealing with me for about the last month and a half about doing street ministry. He has given me visions of me out witnessing to young adults (21-35 age) at local night clubs in my area. I had put it off for a while but last night he called me by name and spoke to me around 3am.

It may sound strange to some but I know most will understand. Anyhow, the lord said Travis I said to go out into the world and preach the gospel, not to wait on them to come to you. To be fishers of men you must go and let out your line, you cant catch fish if you dont go to the sea. The spirit realy began to show me outside of clubs late at night witnessing to people. The lord continued to tell me that to many churches are content with preaching to the same people every sunday. He said that its fine to stop an speak to people while your out doing your daily thing and might happen to speak to some one, but I need you to make a effort and set apart a time to go out on my behalf and do my work.

The last thing He asked was , Travis all those years you were going to all those clubs did anyone ever stop you and tell you about me? I realy layed there and thought about it and relized that no one had. As many churches that are in my city not one time had any one witnessed to me outside of a place where many sinners are going every weekend. I said wow! I spoke back and told the lord that I will go. About 15 min later I woke my wife and told here what had just happend. we layed ther and spoke about.

I plan on making a small documentary while doing this and hopefully I can find 2-3 brothers that feel lead to do this with me, I will be making flyers with random questions pertaining to life and death and what the word of God say about both. I will hand them out and ask if I can get about 5 min of there time and take it from there.

So as you can see its going to be a challenge but exciting at the same time, this is well needed. I belive that my generation is so braiwashed and deceived at the hour and we need more young man and women of god to stand up with boldness and get out fromt the walls of the church and start putting in some kingdom buisness.

Jesus was not in the synagogue the majority of the time, he was in those streets going to where our now modern day gangsters, thugs, homosexuals, phornicators, theivs and etc. where hanging at.

So once agin I just ask that you guys keep me up on prayer and remember when we take care of gods buisness he will take care of ours. Amen and God bless.

16. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    Hello everybody, its been a while but I hope you are all doing well. I am asking my brothers in the lord to keep me up in prayer as I begin my personal ministry. I have been asking the lord for years now to use me and direct my path. Well the lord has been dealing with me for about the last month and a half about doing street ministry. He has given me visions of me out witnessing to young adults (21-35 age) at local night clubs in my area. I had put it off for a while but last night he called me by name and spoke to me around 3am.

It may sound strange to some but I know most will understand. Anyhow, the lord said Travis I said to go out into the world and preach the gospel, not to wait on them to come to you. To be fishers of men you must go and let out your line, you cant catch fish if you dont go to the sea. The spirit realy began to show me outside of clubs late at night witnessing to people. The lord continued to tell me that to many churches are content with preaching to the same people every sunday. He said that its fine to stop an speak to people while your out doing your daily thing and might happen to speak to some one, but I need you to make a effort and set apart a time to go out on my behalf and do my work.

The last thing I was asked was , Travis all those years you were going to all those clubs did anyone ever stop you and tell you about me? I realy layed there and thought about it and relized that no one had. As many churches that are in my city not one time had any one witnessed to me outside of a place where many sinners are going every weekend. I said wow! I spoke back and told the lord that I will go. About 15 min later I woke my wife and told here what had just happend. we layed ther and spoke about.

I plan on making a small documentary while doing this and hopefully I can find 2-3 brothers that feel lead to do this with me, I will be making flyers with random questions pertaining to life and death and what the word of God say about both. I will hand them out and ask if I can get about 5 min of there time and take it from there.

So as you can see its going to be a challenge but exciting at the same time, this is well needed. I belive that my generation is so braiwashed and deceived at the hour and we need more young man and women of god to stand up with boldness and get out fromt the walls of the church and start putting in some kingdom buisness.

Jesus was not in the synagogue the majority of the time, he was in those streets going to where our now modern day gangsters, thugs, homosexuals, phornicators, theivs and etc. where hanging at.

So once agin I just ask that you guys keep me up on prayer and remember when we take care of gods buisness he will take care of ours. Amen and God bless.
    that....is....awesome! Courage and strength to you Natty T. God is with you so who can be against you? I am somewhat lacking in my relationship with God right now but this inspired me and I will say a prayer for you tonight.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

17. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    Hello everybody, its been a while but I hope you are all doing well. I am asking my brothers in the lord to keep me up in prayer as I begin my personal ministry. I have been asking the lord for years now to use me and direct my path. Well the lord has been dealing with me for about the last month and a half about doing street ministry. He has given me visions of me out witnessing to young adults (21-35 age) at local night clubs in my area. I had put it off for a while but last night he called me by name and spoke to me around 3am.

The last thing I was asked was , Travis all those years you were going to all those clubs did anyone ever stop you and tell you about me? I realy layed there and thought about it and relized that no one had. As many churches that are in my city not one time had any one witnessed to me outside of a place where many sinners are going every weekend. I said wow! I spoke back and told the lord that I will go. About 15 min later I woke my wife and told here what had just happend. we layed ther and spoke about.

Glory to God, that is an awesome encounter that you had with God. God must really want you to perform this task. You said it on the dot, just as the Jews, Christians are contempt to preach to those at the congregation rather than those who are out there in the world. Yes, not everybody in the church is right with God, but we still need to make a better effort of preaching God's word to those in need of it.
    doing my own thang!

18. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    that....is....awesome! Courage and strength to you Natty T. God is with you so who can be against you? I am somewhat lacking in my relationship with God right now but this inspired me and I will say a prayer for you tonight.
    Im glad fight that your inspierd, keep runing the race brother the lord loves you. Just talk to him and let it all out he said he would never leave or forsake us and he hasnt inspite of or nature. I will be praying for you as well. Weaping may come at night but joy will come in the morning brother you just hold on and God will renew your strength.

19. Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Glory to God, that is an awesome encounter that you had with God. God must really want you to perform this task. You said it on the dot, just as the Jews, Christians are contempt to preach to those at the congregation rather than those who are out there in the world. Yes, not everybody in the church is right with God, but we still need to make a better effort of preaching God's word to those in need of it.
    Thanks Andrew, we have to get busy the day of the lord is at hand which is good for us but not for a lot of them. I dont want to be like Jona and continue run plus I gotta enough problems already so I know that it pays to be obedient.

20. Worrying does not rob tommorow of its sorrow, It robs today of it's strength.

21. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSanderso View Post
    What a great thread, Recently I have come to know god and for that I welcome you all as my brothers ad sisters. May God stay within our hearts and the devil beneath our feet.
    AMEN to that and WELCOME Chris

Thanks D! your a man of many wise words!
    Indeed he is ! Good to see you here hman85. We face many storms in life, whether we live or die depends on whom we turn to for help.

Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    All that matters now is that you went back to him. I know far too well, the problems that alcohol can instow on a person. Both of my parents,1 sister and my brother are still heavy drinkers. I myself went crazy for a few years, especially when I was in the Air Force. Pick up the pieces of a broken life, grab the most powerful glue available, our Lord Jesus Christ, and start rebuilding it one piece at a time.

I'll do what I can to help!
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post

Will most definitely pray for you Natty, that is a great call and I am sure you will carry it out well !

22. Something I want to share with all of you here

Praise our Lord !

God made us to His own image. He sees what is best in us and He expect us to see the best in each other. I told my dad couple of nights ago that to me, he was like God. See, my dad always allowed me to do whatever I wanted to even when I was a little kid. He would give me his advice and what he thought was right but he would always let me choose for myself. In the end I always ended up listening to my dad (more so than to my mum who had a more traditional approach to disciplining children ) I trusted my dad and I had faith that he knew what was best for me even if that sometimes contradicted with what I wanted for myself.

God wants this same personal father-son/daughter relationship with His people. After all, He created us and He knows us better than we know ourselves. He also loves us unconditionally because He sent His son Jesus to die for our sins so we can have eternal life.

He gave us His wisdom in The Bible and the free will to choose. All evil in this world does not come from God but from us rejecting His Wisdom.

It is never too late to get back to our Father
  23. tattoopierced1

asking that everyone keep me in your prayers and thoughts for tomorrow morning. I have a strongman that I am in and am pretty excited about it, just hoping to come out uninjured and get over the mild sickness I got today before tomorrow.

24. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    asking that everyone keep me in your prayers and thoughts for tomorrow morning. I have a strongman that I am in and am pretty excited about it, just hoping to come out uninjured and get over the mild sickness I got today before tomorrow.
    Will do Tat

I'm in the spirit of talking at the moment and so....

I'll share with you a little story from my life, just to show everyone how personal our God is and how He gives you all the things you desire but ONLY if you seek Him First and if you give Him glory for all that you achieve !

A couple of weeks ago, I came first in an 8hr mountain biking race. I still can't get over it

It was a miracle of God, I had not ridden my bike in a whole year and I had done zero training (I used to race a lot before I started with the whole bodybuilding business). The race was in a remote area of Queensland and my friend Jerry and I camped there. I slept a total of 45min prior to the race (I was too cold ).

I Started the race waaaay too hard and almost died on my third lap , then went for a 4th one which took me 30min longer to complete (1hr 20min). I hated every minute of that 4th lap , I was feeling sick, thought I was going to faint and vomit.

I decided to let go of my pride and quit (sometime during my third lap a woman passed me and the “devil in me” started getting annoyed and obsessed with pushing harder to win. I knew that was wrong and God made it clear to me because thereafter is when I started feeling sick, it was a tough spiritual battle I tell ya ! ).

Now, people who know me know also that I would rather die than quit and admit defeat ....however, it was necessary to let go of my pride (pride like that is an abomination to God!)....and so I stopped after finishing that 4th slog of a lap....and then He said to me, "Go and do another one" I responded – God are you serious ?!!!! I nearly died there !!! Oh well, let’s do it then, after all, awhile back I prayed to God to teach me to grow in faith so that one day I have the kind of faith that King David had....and well, as it was mentioned before in this thread, If you want to walk on the water, you need to step out of the boat

And so, I jumped back on my bike and the minute I was out there on the track I realized that I was racing powered by God's grace ! I did not only do one more lap but 3 more !!! And each of those 3 was done 30 min faster than my 4th lap(50min per lap) ! I stopped feeling sick and I was hammering the track like there was no tomorrow. IT WAS AMAAAAAZING !!!!!

If you want to go, you got to let go, all God asked of me to let go that day was my pride....and I’ve learned that anything God asks of you to let go isn’t worth keeping anyway Always chose obedience to God over convenience and faith in your own abilities.

There is another end of this story...and it shows how God is in absolute control of EVERYTHING that happens. See, my friend Jerry goes to church, believes in God but refuses to surrender to Him. Jerry has a superbike, light racing machine worth $8000. He trains 6 days a week, he can do 100km as a joke. He is also obsessed with winning. Well, Jerry had to pull out of the race that day because his achiles tendon started to hurt. When I finished the race I told Jerry, you don’t need to be fit, you only have to put faith into God instead of your training and light bikes Seek God first and He’ll give you the rest

25. And now for the first time here I've got a prayer request !

I am racing tomorrow again. It is a short race, it will only take couple of hours to finish but the only reason I'm entering in it is - to get into a lucky draw for a chance to win a free entry (normally worth 2600$) to the toughest mountain biking race in the world. The Crocodile Trophy. 1200km over 9 days. I want to go in it so I can be a witness of God's great works ! My training strategy is written in the Bible and I would like the world to know what a powerful tool the Word of God is

Please pray for me ! Spiritual battles can only be won with spiritual weapons !
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Product Request Thread
    By grexx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 08:56 PM
  2. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4032
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 01:54 AM
  3. Product request thread
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements