1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

a little update from a post I put up a while back:

I've prayed for a few months about a relationship I was in, and Monday night I ended the relationship. it was tough, because it was pretty much a miracle story that we had, but we turned it into lust and Christ was not the center.

Since then I've really felt Him blessing me. I know for sure that I listened...even though it was hard to do.

Anyway, this thread is a solid place. Lets keep it rolling, and I'm sorry I have not been doing my part lately.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

@Carpee: I admire the God given courage you have to proceed with your decision, and the beauty here is that His presence is with you, and is the guiding hand in your life.

@Everyone: I've shyed away from posting cause I give it my all when I write, and I just didnt have the strength to do it due to the current tsunami I am engulfed in.
    Dr. D hit it spot on regarding how tough it is. Unfortunately the secular world does not agree with loving your enemies and praying for those that curse you, basically my heart is very big and its been taken advantage of.
    My sons mom is trying to reconcile with me, even though her behavior hasn't changed and some really embarrassing things happened on our supposed date night i.e. she called up some guy she met at a bar to meet at a club etc etc.. I know her tactics so instead of bailing out I hung around like an unpaid bill you know, and her behavior while completely wasted (6 beers +7-8 mixed drinks which were doubles) was atrocious I will be informing my lawyer of all this as I have an appointment with him Tuesday, and court on Wednesday.
    She tried to pull a BS move talking about my use of recreational substances 2+ years ago which lasted a couple of weekends max. Yes I know its my fault and I own up to it, but I am not about to get deported because she is powerless over her usage..
    SHe has been sneaking alcohol into the house cause I checked last night when I went to see my son (Went to the bathroom and found her new empties) which is a violation of a court order..
    As you can see I have a vulnerability which I am praying does not get exploited, but the fact is I do not use, dont plan on it and find it detestable.
    She is grasping at straws, and I will be making some finacial decisions here that will not result in legal action against me as I am not living with her, but I pay for her rent, give her money weekly, and even buy the groceries.. I do all this so my son has a comfortable place that is familiar to him.
    Anyways yeah thats where I'm at right now... I had to reward myself so I went to Judo last night after an 8 month hiatus, and am starting my weight training Monday... I need to be fit physically and mentally.
    Thanks everyone for your prayers I need them, and I keep thinking its too bad we all dont live a few blocks away from eachother to hang out weekly to play some foos ball, and shoot the breeze..
    God Bless,
    MK9
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.8%

Just like to say this thread is a gift. I attend harvest bible chapel in naperville and would love to pray for all these requests. If anyone needs a shoulder feel free to pm me or another options is klove. I love the station because I can get my fill before facing a harsh work enviroment. God bless.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.49%

your awesome, God BLESS EVERYONE!!!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    A good friend of mine had a tumor the size of an apple removed from his colon. His cancer is spreading fast. Please say a prayer for Kirk Courville.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Hospice has been called in for Kirk. He is dying. Thanks you for the prayers but it seems in this case, God had other plans for Kirk.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Hospice has been called in for Kirk. He is dying. Thanks you for the prayers but it seems in this case, God had other plans for Kirk.
    Bluehealer,
    God does have other plans for Kirk, and I am not sure if he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, His Redeemer and His Rock and most importantly that his sins are forgiven in the name of Jesus, and will assume yes, seeing you are his friend.
    However with God *all* things are possible, and after reading Romans 8:28 this morning, we need to look at Kirks purpose for God.
    I wont mince words here, but we can be sure of this:
    1. IF Kirk is to eventually find rest and sleep in Christ Jesus, then he will sleep.
    2. IF Kirk is to be healed, he will be healed.
    All of this is for the glory of His name, and if He is to sleep the sleep of death my friend, be assured that one day soon He will see His Redeemer in a whole, perfect body.
    We do not know God's ways with man, but He is mindful of us, and loves us dearly.
    Be there for Kirk, and share the Hope you have in your heart about Jesus Christ, and comfort this man.
    Kirk will be in my prayers, and you will be also.
    MK9
    Last edited by MK9; 03-16-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: amended for clarity
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    ... We do not know God's ways with man, but He is mindful of us, and loves us dearly.
    Be there for Kirk, and share the Hope you have in your heart about Jesus Christ, and comfort this man.
    Kirk will be in my prayers, and you will be also.
    MK9
    Amen.

It's tough to watch your friends die. It can be very frustrating too, when they succumb to the pain and the hospice folks fail to keep them properly medicated. It's good to stay on the scene, to be their voice in that time, and comfort them when they need it most. God bless Kirk, and God strengthen Bluehealer.
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.59%

bluehealer....may god bless Kirk and you my friend...I am here and praying for Kirk, you and his love ones!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

@Carpee: I admire the God given courage you have to proceed with your decision, and the beauty here is that His presence is with you, and is the guiding hand in your life.

@Everyone: I've shyed away from posting cause I give it my all when I write, and I just didnt have the strength to do it due to the current tsunami I am engulfed in.
    Dr. D hit it spot on regarding how tough it is. Unfortunately the secular world does not agree with loving your enemies and praying for those that curse you, basically my heart is very big and its been taken advantage of.
    My sons mom is trying to reconcile with me, even though her behavior hasn't changed and some really embarrassing things happened on our supposed date night i.e. she called up some guy she met at a bar to meet at a club etc etc.. I know her tactics so instead of bailing out I hung around like an unpaid bill you know, and her behavior while completely wasted (6 beers +7-8 mixed drinks which were doubles) was atrocious I will be informing my lawyer of all this as I have an appointment with him Tuesday, and court on Wednesday.
    She tried to pull a BS move talking about my use of recreational substances 2+ years ago which lasted a couple of weekends max. Yes I know its my fault and I own up to it, but I am not about to get deported because she is powerless over her usage..
    SHe has been sneaking alcohol into the house cause I checked last night when I went to see my son (Went to the bathroom and found her new empties) which is a violation of a court order..
    As you can see I have a vulnerability which I am praying does not get exploited, but the fact is I do not use, dont plan on it and find it detestable.
    She is grasping at straws, and I will be making some finacial decisions here that will not result in legal action against me as I am not living with her, but I pay for her rent, give her money weekly, and even buy the groceries.. I do all this so my son has a comfortable place that is familiar to him.
    Anyways yeah thats where I'm at right now... I had to reward myself so I went to Judo last night after an 8 month hiatus, and am starting my weight training Monday... I need to be fit physically and mentally.
    Thanks everyone for your prayers I need them, and I keep thinking its too bad we all dont live a few blocks away from eachother to hang out weekly to play some foos ball, and shoot the breeze..
    God Bless,
    MK9
    you both are in my prayers Godbless.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

my grandmother is in the ICU she is 96 and has copd please keep her in your prayers.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    my grandmother is in the ICU she is 96 and has copd please keep her in your prayers.
    I will gladly add your grandmother to the list! May the hand of our merciful and loving God be on her.

James 5:15
    And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

I will gladly add your grandmother to the list! May the hand of our merciful and loving God be on her.

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.
    Amen, she will be in my prayers also flightposite!
    MK9
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Amen, she will be in my prayers also flightposite!
    MK9
    thank you guys for your prayers this thread is such a blessing.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.77%

I am not a religious man, but today I found myself sitting alone in a chapel praying for my aunt. Not more than an hour before I received a call that she was in the hospital and not expected to make it more than a few hours.

Rest In Peace Aunt Rose, I wish you knew what you meant to me.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

Quote Originally Posted by EustisPanther View Post
    I am not a religious man, but today I found myself sitting alone in a chapel praying for my aunt. Not more than an hour before I received a call that she was in the hospital and not expected to make it more than a few hours.

Rest In Peace Aunt Rose, I wish you knew what you meant to me.
    we will be praying for you and your aunt.

don't worry about the religion...look for truth.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.77%

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    we will be praying for you and your aunt.

don't worry about the religion...look for truth.
    Thank You to everyone who has kindly extended my family your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately my aunt passed away yesterday. She was an amazing woman.

Thanks again to everyone.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Quote Originally Posted by EustisPanther View Post
    Thank You to everyone who has kindly extended my family your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately my aunt passed away yesterday. She was an amazing woman.

Thanks again to everyone.
    Sorry for your loss EP. Rest assured, your aunt has moved on to a better place!
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Well, 45 minutes ago, my bud Kirk crossed to the other side. 48 years old. Lord have mercy on his soul. Welcome him and EP's aunt into your Kingdom forever.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

@ EpistisPanther & Bluehealer my condolences and prayers go out to you guys and the families.
    MK9
  21. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Prayer requests:

May my applciation for an internal transfer within my company be the opportunity for me to be somewhat fulfilled in my work and considerably relieved of the stress and dysfunction of my present position.

My first child, daughter, is presently in labor with her first baby, a boy, and my first grandchild. May both come through healthy.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Congratulations Grand-pa Dunn. That truly is a blessing in it's self. Trust that grandchild will replace all stress from the the job with joy everytime you think about him. God Bless
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Prayer requests:

May my applciation for an internal transfer within my company be the opportunity for me to be somewhat fulfilled in my work and considerably relieved of the stress and dysfunction of my present position.

My first child, daughter, is presently in labor with her first baby, a boy, and my first grandchild. May both come through healthy.
    Prayed for you and your grandchild to be I have been in your shoes regarding the work environment. Hopefully it hasn't gotten to the point your health has been impacted negatively, and if it has you have to look out for #1 which is you. You will make it out of that hole, it's a promise God has made to His children.

EDIT*
    Here is the verse I found it this morning:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

MK9
    Last edited by MK9; 03-23-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: amended to include verse
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Really need everyone to pray for me.. I recently broke my leg and have 2 upcoming court dates that I hope to go my way.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Really need everyone to pray for me.. I recently broke my leg and have 2 upcoming court dates that I hope to go my way.
    done and done my friend
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    done!

Below is a verse I like to read in times like these as well as that chapter, when Elisha's servant was basically panicked that the enemy had surrounded the entire city they were in, and God delivered them by filling a whole mountain with horses and chariots of fire had surrounded the prophet Elisha, this had occurred after Elisha prayed *and* had faith in God that He would deliver them, very important part

2 Kings 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

MK9
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Prayer requests:

That's great double D, congrats on the grand baby! Your daughter and grandchild are in my prayers.

I'll through in a lil shout-out for your job too. Good luck bro!
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.45%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Great brotherly support here!
    doing my own thang!
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.77%

Sorry for your loss EP. Rest assured, your aunt has moved on to a better place!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Great brotherly support here!
    Everyone here has been great. This is great thread for those in need of support.

Thanks to all.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I just caught up on here...Sorry to those of you that have lost a loved one...And have fun with the grandchild DD...Tat hope you heal well...I will pray for yall...in need of prayer...this thread is very inspiring...I love reading about the great things God does in our lives...
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.22%

I wanted to give a quick update on my situation and praise God for the good things He has done.
    My son's mother has finally decided to quit drinking due to her health being impacted severely, and she admitted the drinking and her previous drug use are closely related i.e. she gets cravings to use, and knowing that she would lose her son if she did.

Now I am well aware of her tactics and manipulation and I've give her enough rope to proverbially hang herself. She is serious, and has already talked to her support group and will be starting to go to meetings, and she already got rid of the alcohol in the house, and I looked in the secret spots she had (she thinks I don't know where they were at), and nothing is there.

I thank God for delivering her from the bonds placed by the enemy of our souls, and for giving healing her mind, as she is really putting an effort to get her family back.
    There is nothing more that the devil wants to do than break up the family unit.

I think that would equate to hitting her bottom? Not sure as I have never been there, but she does look and feels pretty rough.

This past Saturday I was at church and was welcomed with hugs by the brothers and sisters and they said how they have been praying for me, and I believed them, and I know all you guys have been praying as well, and I wanted to say that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much, and it has availed by the grace of God.
    Today is day1, and I myself am not stopping my prayers but increasing it.
    Just wanted to give you all an update.
    God Bless you all.
    MK9
  32. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.59%

Great stuff, keep the faith!
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.8%

Court such a bummer but it taught me alot of life lessons. You will be in my prayers bro.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.19%

I guess good lives on......
    WOW this post has been going on for a grip now...
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.19%

I wish the best for everyone suffering right now, I hope things get better for all of you.
    It can sometimes be very difficult at times.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.16%

Psalm 55:22
    Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

Having some difficulties through the break up...

just feeling very lost right now. Definitely need the Lord's guidance, and I need some discernment to know where He wants me to go.
  38. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    Definitely need the Lord's guidance, and I need some discernment to know where He wants me to go.
    Yeah me too.

“Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10

Be still and know that I am God! Wow, what a message, what a renewal of God’s light in my heart, what an awesome responsibility! How am I supposed to “be still” when all I want to do is lash back in anger, frustration, or bitterness? What does it mean to “know” that He is God?

In the midst of any difficulty, we just simply need to “be still.” We can’t “be still” if we’re fretting about whether we’re doing right or wrong by the convictions that God has instilled in our hearts. We can’t “be still” if we revel in anger, bitterness or frustration. We can’t “be still” unless we “know” that He is God, which brings us to the second part of that statement. Notice, the text doesn’t say to “know God,” but “know that I am God.” Knowing that He is God is significant because just knowing that He is God should instill peace in our hearts. Knowing that He is God means that we also know that He is in control and that He loves us, extends His grace and mercy. As Paul stated; His grace is sufficient. It absolutely is. Knowing that He is God, takes the pressure off of our shoulders to be in control and allows God to take over.

The most awesome thing is that by being still and knowing that He is God, or if you’ll allow – being still and thinking of God’s sovereignty, God will be glorified, not just in our immediate surroundings, but every nation and the whole world. Who says that one person can’t make a difference. I don’t claim to understand it, only God has the cosmic picture, instead I just believe simply because Has said to believe.

I live for God and thank Him for His grace, without which, I would be as a worm crawling in the dust.

Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me. But I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother. Yes, like a small child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the Lord – now and always. Psalm 131
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.16%

"I live for God and thank Him for His grace, without which, I would be as a worm crawling in the dust."
    So true.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.8%

This may take a minute but i have some scripture to lay on you brothers.. 8o ) James 1:2-8 Consider it pure joy my brother, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverence ( check the greek word changes the entire meaning as we know it) perserverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask god, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. These verses are awesome and there another one i remember when i get all wacked out of place. cant quote it 8o ( But we are given thorns so we may remember that we are weak so that we may glorify god. So we MUST lean on him in our need, and always his grace is suffecient which means more than enough.
    God bless brothers
    I ask for your prayers for my cousin erlisha she just lost her three year old son to cancer. He was named after my father vincient who passed in 2005. You may be beaten and broken but as long as the lords in your heart you already won bro.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Product request thread
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. prayer request...
    By wilsmash4food in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:08 AM
  3. Use the product request thread.
    By lawnboy246 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0