Prayer Request Thread

Page 36 of 88 First ... 3435363738 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jcrattigan View Post
    I ask that you all will pray for my Cousin Jen she was in a bad car accident and is in critical condition. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers as well.
    Will definitely be praying for her and your family as well. I pray your family will witness a manifestation of the divine healing power of Jesus Christ. Amen

James 5:16
    16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

2. keeper

Isoc, to support what you said about our nation, look at this by John MacArthur:

When God Abandons a Nation
    When abortion, sexual sin, vulgar entertainment, corruption, and anti-Christian hostility come to dominate a nation, you have to wonder when God's judgment will start.

God sometimes judges a nation by abandoning it to its sins,
    letting sin run its deadly course. Sin isn't merely something He punishes-sometimes it is the punishment.

So what does it look like when God abandons a nation? Is that where we are today? What hope do Christians have in making a difference in the world if God, Himself, has given up on it?

Does that not resound truth? We have examples of this type of judgment on nations in His Word.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Will do jcrattigan

I’ve been pondering about what I said a week ago in response to:

And I believe it is not the right thing to do. While it is true that the scripture tells us “not to walk as the rest of the gentiles” do, it doesn’t tell us to cut them loose.

Why ? Think about it, we are the salt of the earth, each one of us is called to be a witness for God’s work and to fulfil God’s plan...and what exactly is God’s plan ? To be re-united with His children in eternity.

You also know that havens will rejoice for every sinner that gets turned onto the path of righteousness. This brings me to our principal duty as God’s witnesses. We must assist other people who struggle fighting the wrong battles for they have been deceived by the greatest deceiver of all. We can’t help these people if we cut them loose from our lives.

"Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins" (James 5:19-20).

We shouldn’t be afraid that these people will turn us away from God, if we do fear that, it means that we ourselves need prayers. You see, this thread is full of people who have received God’s grace, we know better than to rely on our own understanding, we do know that we must act and pray based on faith and not based on sight. Therefore, satan has NO power over us. Yes we can still expect to be tempted by satan because we are his strongest opposition, but once you accepted God’s spirit you will always seek Him first and in response He will ALWAYS provide a way of escape.

God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV).

It is our relationship with God that keeps us away from sinning and not our isolation from “risky” situations.
    It is very important to realize that. That leaves us with the responsibility to help others who are not yet as strong in the spirit of God. We must pray for them instead of accusing them, judging them or cutting them loose from our lives, for they do not see the unrighteousness of their own ways.

"And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth" (2 Timothy 2:24-25).

The kind of deceit they are under can only be eradicated by fasting and prayer. I call all of you to pray for people that you know need prayer. I have a friend that needs mine. I’m sure that everyone here knows people that could use a prayer. Whether it is a family member or a friend, pray for them. Pray also for the government. I don’t want to turn this into a politics thread but I think we can all see satanic influences that are upon world leaders.

God is in the business of answering prayers and forgiving sins. Let us be a part of it ! It is our duty and it is our responsibility.

"But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.' And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only . . . For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:20-26).

Just think of Jesus and what He endured for our salvation. That alone should be enough of a motivation
    Amen Dragonfly I couldn't agree more, we cannot isolate ourselves from sinners it's definitely not the example our Lord set for us. Truth is more people in my life are not saved than are, and I absolutely feel a sense of urgency to pray for those who do not know Christ.

Matthew 5:14
    14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Mark 2:15-17

15 Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. 16 And when the scribes and[b] Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, “How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?”
    17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

4. Quote Originally Posted by isoc View Post
    I have been away busy with work for a while and am just now catching up. It is great to see prayer in action, and the faith of you all. I just read today in Timothy 2, the very first verse,

1 Timothy 2
    1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Notice the emphasis on prayer, it is "first of all...", it is possibly the most powerful action we Christians can take, and it is great to see people who love to pray, and who are praying for others, intercessory prayer, prayers of mercy, it is a truly beautiful thing, I am sure that this thread is a sweet smelling sacrifice to our mighty Lord.

In reference to some of what Dr D has posted about deception, I am in agreement with him. If you read much in the Old Testament, I was recently in Ezekial, and the Lord was chastising the prophets and priests of Ezekials time as they were preaching peace, and all was well, when in fact Isreal was ready to be taken captive for their sins. Though we Christians may truly be doing well, America is not, and many are preaching peace in this day, while America is being swallowed in immorality and perversion. We think we are progressive in our thinking and our acceptance, but all we are doing is accepting a deal with Satan. We need to pray for America and our leaders

Timothy 2:2
    2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

We as a country are not on the right track, the smartest economic minds will not get the economy going again, this is a spiritual problem of greed, and materialism, and false god of money, and poor morals. Our president and leaders need our prayers, I am sure they are tyring their best, but they are wrong, they are trying to move us further from God instead of closer to Him. I urge you to pray for our leaders and America, as seen in verse 2 of Timothy 2, this is completely Biblical, and at this time completely necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    Amen Dragonfly I couldn't agree more, we cannot isolate ourselves from sinners it's definitely not the example our Lord set for us. Truth is more people in my life are not saved than are, and I absolutely feel a sense of urgency to pray for those who do not know Christ.
    Looks like there is hope for the unrighteous

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    Matthew 5:14
    14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Mark 2:15-17

15 Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. 16 And when the scribes and[b] Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, “How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?”
    17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Paul said that "the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

As for us who have received God's grace, He didn't give us just enough for our own needs but enough to share with others

5. Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Isoc, to support what you said about our nation, look at this by John MacArthur:

When God Abandons a Nation
    When abortion, sexual sin, vulgar entertainment, corruption, and anti-Christian hostility come to dominate a nation, you have to wonder when God's judgment will start.

God sometimes judges a nation by abandoning it to its sins,
    letting sin run its deadly course. Sin isn't merely something He punishes-sometimes it is the punishment.

So what does it look like when God abandons a nation? Is that where we are today? What hope do Christians have in making a difference in the world if God, Himself, has given up on it?

Does that not resound truth? We have examples of this type of judgment on nations in His Word.
    God may just be testing us believers. We need to pray for those who can't pray for themselves.

"Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?"

As isoc pointed out, prayer is perhaps the most powerful tool we can use as Christians. The reason the world has fallen to sin may reflect our own failure to pray.

I recently went through this series. It helped me a lot to understand how to pray effectively

http://www.calvaryftl.org/AWMedia/Re...l&Series_****23
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    God may just be testing us believers. We need to pray for those who can't pray for themselves.

"Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?"

As isoc pointed out, prayer is perhaps the most powerful tool we can use as Christians. The reason the world has fallen to sin may reflect our own failure to pray.

I recently went through this series. It helped me a lot to understand how to pray effectively

http://www.calvaryftl.org/AWMedia/Re...l&Series_****23
    Amen, I like those analogies; well said for sure. We servants of God must help those lost and not disregard them, this is the purpose of Christ's mission. Jesus had to explain to his disciples this concept, yet christians till this day do not understand this concept.
    doing my own thang!

7. im really glad i found this thread i had no idea it even existed. its really nice to see that theres so many people of faith on this board. for anyone who reads my posts this is probably repetitive but i would appreciate it if you guys could pray for me to completely recover from my anorexic thinking. ive made alot of progress but its still there someday and i just really want to get over it. ive been thru pretty much everything you can imagine and more for only being nineteen, addiction, jail you name it ive been there. But ive always managed to pull through it with gods help so if you can remember to pray for my recovery id be very appreciative and will start following this thread more and praying for others aswell. thanks everyone
  8. keeper

Consider it covered, Greg. And open your mind to new possibilities. Often we paint ourselves in a corner, so sure that this is just how things are. We miss out on blessings and favor that God wants to give us, simply due to a defeated mentality. I can understand how that could happen with you considering all you've been through, but today is a new day. You have just shared your need with a little army of prayer warriors, not only the ones you see actively posting in this thread, but others that pray for the needs listed, but don't post. New day. New power. Expect change. I mean it, look for it. And I challenge you to praise God out loud when you're in your car or in the bathroom, where-ever, just tell Him He's an awesome God. Tell Him you love Him and tell Him you're expecting Him to turn things around for you. Scripture tells us "He inhabits the praise of His people" so when you praise him, it brings Him right to you! When we praise before the help comes, I think it really touches His heart. You're in good hands, but you have to grab on! Go for it. Refuse to accept the way things have been as the way they have to be! New day.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    im really glad i found this thread i had no idea it even existed. its really nice to see that theres so many people of faith on this board. for anyone who reads my posts this is probably repetitive but i would appreciate it if you guys could pray for me to completely recover from my anorexic thinking. ive made alot of progress but its still there someday and i just really want to get over it. ive been thru pretty much everything you can imagine and more for only being nineteen, addiction, jail you name it ive been there. But ive always managed to pull through it with gods help so if you can remember to pray for my recovery id be very appreciative and will start following this thread more and praying for others aswell. thanks everyone
    Definitely will be praying for you Greg. Those things that have happened to you do not have to define who you are or who you will be become. God Bless you man.

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

10. My prayers are with you Greg, I know something about the things you have experienced, the good news is that there is a solution, a better way. Abandon yourself to GOD, in the fullest way possible. Do not be burdened any longer, its all a matter of handing it all over to HIM. Today is a new day, and you are not destined to fail, you have the love of GOD on your side, and that is everlasting. You have not only been forgiven, it has been forgotten. A friend of mine had a dream a few years ago, that he had died, and was standing before GOD. He had led what might be considered an exemplary life compared to most, but as he stood before GOD, he hung his head in shame. GOD asked him, why do you hold your head low before me? My friend replied, "I am so ashamed of all the things I have done". He then proceded to list some of his transgressions. As he spoke GOD stopped him, and said "I am going to have to take your word for it" GOD had already not just forgiven him, but cast it out of memory as well, as soon as my friend had begun to seek HIM out. Seek HIM out, and you will be cleansed of all the things you have done in your human experience. This is a great fact for us!!!!

11. After reading a few of these posts i feel quite humbled with my request.

I've never been good with asking for help, but it's somethign im trying to work on while im still young.

Im taking my MCAT test for med school in 2 weeks (Aug 6th) and i would appreciate some prayers that for these next two weeks i can put my anxiety aside and focus so that i can have the tools to perform at the best of my ability on test day. Im applying to med school in august and ive been breaking my butt since i can remember so that i can get in...and it looks like all i got left is the MCAT...so the pressure is on lol.

It seems its easier for me to get into a streetfight...wrestle in 3 day tournament...or lift weight that should crush me over and over again, then walk into a standardized test. Kind of messed up right?

My prayers are with you all and thank you for your time.
  12. Unbreakable

I am reminded of the Obedience that Christ demonstarted with accepting the cross. Let us not forget He chose to accept the cross out of obedience. He chose obedience anticipating the greater reward - God's reward.

At times I need to remember my role in this relationship. My role is to understand my instructions, accept them, and to be obedient to follow them.

In Phillipians 4:4-7 we are instructed and it is our choice to be obedient - to accept instruction - anticpating a greater reward - God's reward.

The Instruction: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

The reward: "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My prayer for you and me is the ability to be obedient.

13. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    After reading a few of these posts i feel quite humbled with my request.

I've never been good with asking for help, but it's somethign im trying to work on while im still young.

Im taking my MCAT test for med school in 2 weeks (Aug 6th) and i would appreciate some prayers that for these next two weeks i can put my anxiety aside and focus so that i can have the tools to perform at the best of my ability on test day. Im applying to med school in august and ive been breaking my butt since i can remember so that i can get in...and it looks like all i got left is the MCAT...so the pressure is on lol.

It seems its easier for me to get into a streetfight...wrestle in 3 day tournament...or lift weight that should crush me over and over again, then walk into a standardized test. Kind of messed up right?

My prayers are with you all and thank you for your time.
    Med school huh? That's awesome man, I wish you the best of luck and I will def say a prayer for your success on the test. Now put that dumbbell down and go study for your MCAT.

14. I'm not sure my post belong here, but I just wanted to say that this thread is a truly beautiful place and I've never seen anything like it before.

There's a lot of respect and caring about the other in here and it's a very calming place. Those prayer request seems to be a very good way to share things that are rarely shared and often one would be very alone with those things.

It's a very strange thing to me, but I guess I will apologize as I haven't been as respectful to the bible as some of the people here seam to be. If it lead to places like here, then there's definitively something somewhere that is worth it. It's sort of confusing.

I do not want to hijack this thread and will let room for prayers.
    Have a very nice day.
  15. keeper

None of us are as respectful of the Bible as we SHOULD be, in light of the suffering that went into it's content. But God's mercy covers the distance between where we SHOULD be and where we are in this life. That's the simple beauty of it.

Please, Phoenix. Join with us and help in this prayer effort. God doesn't have a specific format or any kind of requirement for prayer, just talk to Him. You don't really even have to go into detail, just whisper the name of one in need of His attention. He already knows every need they have, but the effort our combined voices creates greater power. So help us out. And if you have any questions about how it works, pm me, or any of the warriors in this thread.

And thanks for your encouragement. The derail was most welcome!

16. Like the elms we are,
    Melancholy, branching out,
    Blank of expression,
    Silent.

17. Tie the strings to my life, my Lord,
    Then I am ready to go!
    Just a look at the horses --
    Rapid! That will do!

Put me in on the firmest side,
    So I shall never fall;
    For we must ride to the Judgment,
    And it's partly down hill.

But never I mind the bridges,
    And never I mind the sea;
    Held fast in everlasting race
    By my own choice and thee.

Good-by to the life I used to live,
    And the world I used to know;
    And kiss the hills for me, just once;
    Now I am ready to go!

Farewell, to you all.

18. I would like to ask for a special prayer request. My best friend's girlfriend (soon the be fiance) has just found out that she has what doctors think to be cancer that has spread from her lymphnodes to her hip bones. She is at Vanderbilt hospital currently.

I would greatly appreciate if everyone would say a special prayer for her. She is only 22 years old and her name is Courtney.

19. Quote Originally Posted by tyler4 View Post
    I would like to ask for a special prayer request. My best friend's girlfriend (soon the be fiance) has just found out that she has what doctors think to be cancer that has spread from her lymphnodes to her hip bones. She is at Vanderbilt hospital currently.

I would greatly appreciate if everyone would say a special prayer for her. She is only 22 years old and her name is Courtney.
    will do man. That is definitely not the best news but the good thing is that God is in control always.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

20. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    will do man. That is definitely not the best news but the good thing is that God is in control always.
    Thanks.
  21. keeper

I'm on it, too, Tyler.

22. Tyler Im praying also!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6

23. Thanks a lot everyone. Really appreciate it.

24. Wow that's tough news to digest. I will keep her in my prayers.

25. You and yours are in our prayers Courtney!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Product Request Thread
    By grexx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 08:56 PM
  2. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4032
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 01:54 AM
  3. Product request thread
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements