Prayer Request Thread

Page 2 of 74 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    The economy slams us all. Often times we forget that the supplement industry can be cut throat with very little margin for profit...if at all.

I was watching CNN this morning on the treadmill and saw FedEx is having some issues with their business due to fuel cost. It made me also consider how much it must cost to get materials and products to inventory. It also made me remember the NutraPlanet site discount codes that are FREE to everyone to use at a certain dollar amount spent. It made me recall the FREE shipping you get when you purchase $200 or more at NutraPlanet.

Let's also consider for a moment that the Gold Member discount codes that are FREE month after months even after your initial membership is paid.

Sam aka: stryder is a friend and a man of great character and integrity. He provides his employees job opportunities and has a family to support as well. As this economy slams everyone lets remember to keep Sam in our prayers. I promise you he would do the same for you.

I also want to personally thank him for the opportunity to include me, in the very small part I play, as part of the NutraPlanet team.

As well Bobo (aka: Jerry, Kramer, Bob Sacamono, Yukon Cornelious...did I miss anyone ) for providing FREE discount codes month after month to his Gold Members long after your initial membership has been paid and spent on keeping this board and your Gold Member functions functional. Most have no idea what it costs in time and effort to keep this site the best there is on the net.

Not to mention the trust he has instilled upon me by allowing me free reign as an administrator on HIS board.

So remember Sam and Bobo and their families as well as all our sponsors and their families.
    Well said. I didn't realize you were a Nutraplanet rep now B, congrats brother!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. I am very grateful for this board,the staff,Nutra Planet and its staff (Lord of the Rings rocks! ) and last but not least the community. Thank you all for all youve done for me!

All prayer requests have been duely noted!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I have a lifelong struggle with many issues which stem from all of the above.

My prayer is that I be a good steward with the grace and mercy I have been shown and be faithful and obedient in doing the same to and for my fellow man.

My position, reputation and respect on this board and at work provide me exposure and opportunity to present and represent the character and integrity of a Godly man. It is my prayer that I practice and display the peace, patience and humility worthy of such.

This is something I definitely pray and strive for every day - not easy, huh B?
    It's an unexpected blessing to find some other Godly Brothers on here. Will be praying for all you!

4. I'm glad I found this thread. Great idea. I have one I would like to have your prayers on. My mom passed away last May 20th after a 16 year battle with breast cancer. Yesterday was the Walk for the Cure and Mother's Day, so it was tough. Next tuesday will be the one year anniversary, and my dad is struggling. So if you could say a quick prayer for him, I'd appreciate it. One good thing is that he retired near us and so we are just a few miles away. He keeps busy with the grandkids sports and such and they are a big help. Take care and thanks!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. Great idea. I have one I would like to have your prayers on. My mom passed away last May 20th after a 16 year battle with breast cancer. Yesterday was the Walk for the Cure and Mother's Day, so it was tough. Next tuesday will be the one year anniversary, and my dad is struggling. So if you could say a quick prayer for him, I'd appreciate it. One good thing is that he retired near us and so we are just a few miles away. He keeps busy with the grandkids sports and such and they are a big help. Take care and thanks!
    Consider it done my friend. Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

6. Well, I guess this is probably the best place to put this out here so I will........

I have been going through a very long string of bad events since Sept '07. It sorta started with my car that I posted about last year, however, it has increased to many, many more things since then which have been completely out of my control and not even a result of anything I did.

I have been struggling seeing the end of this and hopefully things starting to turn around. I was thinking to myself this past weekend on literally how much more I can take as I feel like I am just about to lose my sanity and hope all together.

Despite being Catholic, the last several months have been undoubtly the worse in my life ever and have been a test for me personally on many different aspects.

I pray for everyone who needs God's healing grace in their lives and ask for your prayers that my own circumstances can begin to get better (or atleast stop getting worse).

-RX

7. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Despite being Catholic, the last several months have been undoubtly the worse in my life ever and have been a test for me personally on many different aspects.
    -RX
    Sorry to hear about the rough spell you've been having. I'm catholic also. My parents have always been very devout. For some time, I rebelled against Catholicism and made a lot of decisions that were not in my best interest. Since then, I have started going to mass weekly and am trying to live the faith, although my feelings toward the faith remain ambivalent at times.

There are always people on the outside who can find all kinds of stuff wrong with Catholicism. Certainly, the abuse pandemic is a cause for great concern. However, that is being addressed, and there are numerous good things happening in the Catholic church. For me, it's been about accepting my identity as a Catholic. This acceptance did not happen all at once and continues to occur daily.

That being said- I believe that anyone, regardless of their professed religion, is on the right track when they acknowledge the existence of a power greater than themselves. You don't have to be a Catholic or a Baptist or whatever. It's good to be introspective and to use life experiences to become a better person.

8. There have been many times that I've felt almost alone in my faith in God. So many people do not accept God's word as the truth; as the standard of right and wrong. Faith in God seems to be frequently replaced by moral relativism.

And, there have also been times when I've also felt alone; meaning that I felt that I was not in the presence of God. Did God go anywhere? Nope. Did I? Yes, and usually out of hurt or anger.

Many times I believe we expect God to be our airbag; we expect God will get us out of jams or ensure that we are not harmed by others when they exercise their own free will. To the extent we can instead use God as our steering wheel, we will find out that we are far better off. God gave us a gift, but it is up to us to seek the gift and learn enough about the gift to experience it.

This past year has had many of the worst moments of my life. I find out that my wife, who was in pastoral music ministry, was having another affair. We are in the midst of a divorce, and I believe that breaks God's heart - even though adultery is one of but two Biblical reasons which may be used to substantiate divorce. Further, my so-called wife has poisoned my daughter against me, while my two adult sons want nothing to do with their "mother". Oh, and the church covered up the entire thing, so I obviously had to find a new church )a healthy one). All in all, it is a very bad situation. Really, very bad.

But God can redeem all of this, and He will use it all for His glory - if I seek to be obedient to Him.

So, I've gleaned a few things:

• God is there for us, if we look for Him. And listen for Him. And make the decision to learn God;s word and make it the basis for our life.
    • We only control what we say, what we think and what we do.
    • We do not control the words, acts or deeds of others.
    • We don't have all the answers. We may not even understand all of the questions.
    • Doing what feels right is usually a really bad idea; even though it seems to make sense at the time.
    • Choosing to do things to glorify God, even if it seems wrong at the time, is one heck of a lot better than "being true to thine own self".
    • Just because my so-called wife chose to be a creep, doesn't give me the right to lower myself to her level.

God bless you.

9. I pray for all I can, and ask for forgiveness for my own sins against God, my fellow man, myself. I also wish to give thanks for all that I have. I pray that I can be strong when I need to be, and help my fellow man when he needs it. Before I found God I was truly a lost soul. Excellent thread B, and all those participating.

10. Reaper--cetainly will be praying that your situation works itself out.

Here's a thought I had....instead of just having a prayer request thread...why not organize some method of giving to those in need. I know many of us give to churches/charities, etc., but there are many companies as well as individuals represented here. I believe there is a great opportunity for this whole community to do some good. Anyway...just a thought.

11. Beau - Infidelity is a crushing blow to a man, I know too well. Just keep praying and fellowshipping with other Christians. I actually first started lifting seriously after going through an episode very similar to yours.
    Make training worship - it's great for venting frustration and praying simultaneously!
  12. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    But God can redeem all of this, and He will use it all for His glory - if I seek to be obedient to Him.

So, I've gleaned a few things:

• God is there for us, if we look for Him. And listen for Him. And make the decision to learn God;s word and make it the basis for our life.
    • We only control what we say, what we think and what we do.
    • We do not control the words, acts or deeds of others.
    • We don't have all the answers. We may not even understand all of the questions.
    • Doing what feels right is usually a really bad idea; even though it seems to make sense at the time.
    • Choosing to do things to glorify God, even if it seems wrong at the time, is one heck of a lot better than "being true to thine own self".
    • Just because my so-called wife chose to be a creep, doesn't give me the right to lower myself to her level.

God bless you.
    God bless you too. I was rockin to Maiden this morning and I thought of you and prayed for us both.

Secular but non the less appropriate:

Rainmaker

When I was wandering in the desert
    And was searching for the truth
    I heard a choir of angels calling out my name
    I had the feeling that my life would never be the same again
    I turned my face towards the barren sun

And I know of the pain that you feel the same as me

And I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves
    And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
    They are sealed and are now washed away

You tell me we can start the rain
    You tell me that we all can change
    You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
    You tell me we can find something to wash the tears.....

And the cracks in the ground like the cracks are in our lives
    They are sealed and now far away

13. I just ran across this thread by accident, and boy am I glad I did! Its encouraging to see/hear people on regular websites talking about these types of things.

I will be the 1st to admit, my prayer times have been few and far between each other for about the past year, but now that Im almost done with college and hopefully going to land a new, better job soon I can get back into the presence of the Lord...where I need to be!

I am glad to be part of this thread and look foreward to posting on here again and again.

My prayers go out to those who've recently lost loved ones as well as those who are involved in the everyday struggle to keep their heads up, because I too have been one of those people. And trust me, I would NOT be here if God did not have something else planned for me.

So keep praying, and miracles will keep happening. You only need faith as small as a mustard seed.

14. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    God bless you too. I was rockin to Maiden this morning and I thought of you and prayed for us both.

Secular but non the less appropriate:

Rainmaker

When I was wandering in the desert
    And was searching for the truth
    I heard a choir of angels calling out my name
    I had the feeling that my life would never be the same again
    I turned my face towards the barren sun

And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
    They are sealed and are now washed away

You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
    You tell me we can find something to wash the tears.....

And the cracks in the ground like the cracks are in our lives
    They are sealed and now far away
    Thank you, really.

Its funny, I listen to A LOT of Christian rock; most of it pretty hard (although now almost 49, my music tastes never matured, they remain fairly infantile [for example I take my sons to see groups like Social Distortion]). Many of the harder Christian rock lyrics (e.g., from groups such as Kutless, Red and Seventh Day Slumber) deal with the types of hurt we have been referring to here. But, I also hear some of the same messages in songs by mainstream groups like
    the Foo Fighters, for example. I gather many of us share the same feelings and hurts; even if we don't always acknowledge them to others.

Resolve - thanks for your comments. I gave it the best shot I could in the aftermath of her first (???) affair; this affair leaves me no other choice.

And just to bring this back to lyrical content - I offer the lyrics from "Wasting Time" by Red; a sort of tribute to my so-called estranged wife:

You found me here, waiting for your chance
    You would reach inside and take all of me
    You watch your lies smother me again
    But now you can't!

Don't even try your wasting time
    Jump back I'll beat you down and turn around
    I'm fighting my way through you
    Push you away, I'll never break
    Come back ill beat you down
    It's over now
    I'm turning my back on you

I turn around, there you are
    A blink and a flash back to you again
    You push me down tried to steal it all
    This time Iím pushing back!

Don't even try your wasting time
    Jump back I'll beat you down, turn around
    I'm fighting my way through you
    Come back I'll beat you down
    It's over now
    I'm turning my back on you

ohh on you

Go ahead and try to stop me
    Go ahead and try!
    Go ahead and try!

Don't even try, you're wasting time
    Jump back I'll beat you down and turn around
    I'm fighting my way through you!
    Come back I'll beat you down
    It's over now
    I'm turning my back on you!

Blessing to you all.
  15. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thank you, really.

Its funny, I listen to A LOT of Christian rock; most of it pretty hard (although now almost 49, my music tastes never matured, they remain fairly infantile [for example I take my sons to see groups like Social Distortion]). Many of the harder Christian rock lyrics (e.g., from groups such as Kutless, Red and Seventh Day Slumber) deal with the types of hurt we have been referring to here. But, I also hear some of the same messages in songs by mainstream groups like
    the Foo Fighters, for example. I gather many of us share the same feelings and hurts; even if we don't always acknowledge them to others.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/gener...ml#post1351689

A favorite of mine.

No Way Back - Foo Fighters

Lately
    I've been
    Living in my head
    The rest of me is dead
    I'm dying for truth
    Make me
    Believe
    No more left and right
    Come on take my side
    I'm fighting for you
    I'm fighting for you

Pleased to meet you, take my hand
    There is no way back from here
    Pleased to meet you, say your prayers
    But I don't care
    No way back from here

Wake me
    I'm ready
    Something don't seem right
    I was dreaming I was talking to you
    Memory
    Mend me
    You know I've seen my share
    Of things I can't repair
    I'll break it to you

16. I hope it is ok to continue with the Christian lyrics since I think it can help with the requests made here. This is from The 77's and deals with infidelity, or perhaps any wounds caused by others (or us), and how God can help.
    That said, still hard to put in practice sometimes, just the reality of it. I'm praying as well!

I Can't Get Over It

You say you're sorry
    I can't get over it
    I said I forgive you
    I can't get over it
    You say you'll learn from this mistake
    I can't get over it
    I should be giving you a break
    But I can't...

We've put it behind us now
    I can't get over it
    Nothing left to remind us now
    I can't get over it
    They say that time heals every wound
    I can't get over it
    You thought the worst was over soon
    I can't get over it

You need somebody
    Who can get over it
    You need somebody
    Who can get over it

We know you're wiser now
    I can't get over it
    I don't want to despise you now
    I can't get over it
    I try and force myself to forget
    But it's hanging right over my head

I've done so much worse so many times myself
    I can't get over it
    I've got no right to indict somebody else
    I can't get over it
    You hurt us both, I'm hurting us more
    Not getting over it
    Could I say I ever really loved you
    If I don't get over it

We need somebody
    Who can get over it
    We need somebody
    Who can get over it
    We need somebody
    to take the pain of it
    We need somebody
    Who has bought and paid for you
    And it!
    And it!
    End it!
    End it!

Who's gonna help me
    Who's gonna help me
    Get past this thing
    Get past this thing
    To a real place
    To a real place
    Give you some space
    Give you some space
    Where I can face it
    Where I can face it
    We can erase it
    We can erase it
    Oh erase it!
    Oh erase it!
    Erase!
    Erase!
    Erase!

Erase!
    Erase!
    Erase!
    Erase!

17. Blue Savannah song
    Oh blue Savannah song
    Somewhere 'cross the desert
    Sometime in the early hours
    In a restless world
    On the open highway
    My home is where the heart is
    Sweet to surrender to you only
    I send my love to you
    Blue Savannah song
    Oh blue Savannah song
    Racing 'cross the desert
    At a hundred miles an hour
    To the orange side
    Through the clouds and thunder
    I send my love to you
    I'm on my way back and your love will bring me home (Say that your loving will bring me home)
    I'm travelling fast and your love will bring me home (Say that your loving will bring me home)
    Will I discover that your love will bring me home? (Dream away, darling)
    That your love will bring me home? (Yeah)
    Somewhere 'cross the desert
    Sometime in the early hours
    To the orange side
    Through the clouds and thunder
    I send my love to you
    Home is where the heart is
    I send my love to you
    Savannah song
    I send my love to you
    Savannah song
    To you only
    To you only
  18. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I hope it is ok to continue with the Christian lyrics since I think it can help with the requests made here.
    Your contribution is very welcomed. Lets try to keep this particular thread on topic. Admittedly I myself may have run it O/T. So I created the http://anabolicminds.com/forum/gener...ml#post1351689 so that we could share our inspirational song and lyric.

Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Burke

19. Gotcha, I missed that, my bad....

20. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Your contribution is very welcomed. Lets try to keep this particular thread on topic. Admittedly I myself may have run it O/T. So I created the http://anabolicminds.com/forum/gener...ml#post1351689 so that we could share our inspiration song and lyric.

Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Burke
    I think I share at least an equal responsibility for transforming this thread into becoming more lyric centric than it should have been.

21. got it. . .

22. definatly a good thread

23. I have one more. A friend that I play softball with's dad has kidney cancer. They operated on him a few weeks ago and took the wrong kidney. Not that the prognosis was good anyway, but now there is nothing that can be done and it is a matter of time. So if you all could say a quick one for my friend Bob and his father and the rest of his family, that would be cool....

24. Done Mahoney

25. Thanks much!

I seem to be on a roll....just got an email over lunch from my friends Don and Danielle in Uganda.
    I am writing to ask that you please go before the throne on behalf of Don. He has fallen sick with malaria and is not feeling well at all. We are suspecting he caught it a week and a half ago when he traveled up north with some other pastors as they were staying in the villages. Please pray that God would give him a restful night of sleep tonight and that the malaria treatment will be effective.

So....one more?

26. Absolutely Mahoney. It is certainly encouraging to know that there are strangers out there not only willing to read this thread, but to take time out of their day and say a quick prayer for others.
  27. Unbreakable

'morning

This reminds me of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    All prayer requests have been duely noted!
    When that inexplicable something happens in your life, when that peace, joy, comfort or deliverance come your way let us not forget to share the praise portion of prayer.

For me there have been some big things going on in my gym. There is a long time friend who I recently have come reacquainted with. We fellowship at a mens group in our church. The man is a testament to good stewardship and makes me want to be a better man.

Not only was the lusting issue I struggle with put at bay for a bit many times he and I were speaking out loud to each regarding our walks and struggles. I tell you the truth, that no less then three men were drawn to both of us through this conversation. We both were blessed with opportunity to witness.

So when you ask for deliverance remember He is faithful to provide a way out and if we are willing to accept it not only can we delivered but He can also be glorified. Pay attention and don't miss it.

Also don't forget to share it here. I know personally of at least one man here who is a prayer warrior. When he prays for me things happen and lives are changed. First mine and then if I am faithful the man or woman next to me.

28. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    We fellowship at a mens group in our church. The man is a testament to good stewardship and makes me want to be a better man.

... I tell you the truth, that no less then three men were drawn to both of us through this conversation. We both were blessed with opportunity to witness.

.... I know personally of at least one man here who is a prayer warrior.
    I don't want to beat a dead horse; especially since I realize that my wife's continued adultery, while painful, is far less of a burden than others have been asked to carry - but I'll use it as an example:

Before I learned the reality of what "she" was again doing, I knew something was terribly wrong. Rather than to continue to try to control it, I surrendered it to God. God started softening my heart so that I could see what was really going on, and that my actions to glorify Him were the very ones that lead to the truth coming out.

Even before it all unfolded, I started surrounding myself with Christian men; those to whom I could confide. These men are my brothers in Christ; although one weeded himself out by telling his wife something I told him in confidence - and his wife told my so-called wife.

I couldn't do it alone. I needed the Godly counsel of these other men. After the first affair I went into solitary confinement. I told no one what was going on - trying to save the honor of my children, and yes, my wife too. It was awful.

Men - please don't go through troubles alone. Take them to God, and then look for other men who will support you with Godly advice. I was told "a million times" by non-Christian men that I should do was get even; and go bang all the women I could. I didn't - although some part of that advice didn't seemed fairly attractive. I didn't because (1) it would have only lowered me to "her" level, (2) it would have used someone else, and (3) it would not have glorified God. My Christian buddies never advised me to go on a Lay-athon.

The moral? Surround yourself with men who will help push you in the right direction; not pull you down into the mud.

The end.

29. At times I really struggle with my relationship with God. It seems to be intermittent, sometimes the greatest, sometimes the absolute worst.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but sometimes I wish I could just pick up a phone and speak to God directly, just so that we can be on the same page and I can get some help/direction I need with no ambiguity.

God rarely speaks directly to people, and 99.9999% of the time his healing comes from other people and so does his word. Honestly, I do find this situation frustrating at times, and even more so very impatient and doubtful.

In regards to my own situation, I've found myself lately not wanting to persue the situation further and would just wish that God would send me an email or give me a phone call that way I could just get the jist of not 'why' everything happened to me, but more so 'what' should I do from now and moving forward.

It is very difficult.

30. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    At times I really struggle with my relationship with God. It seems to be intermittent, sometimes the greatest, sometimes the absolute worst.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but sometimes I wish I could just pick up a phone and speak to God directly, just so that we can be on the same page and I can get some help/direction I need with no ambiguity.

God rarely speaks directly to people, and 99.9999% of the time his healing comes from other people and so does his word. Honestly, I do find this situation frustrating at times, and even more so very impatient and doubtful.

In regards to my own situation, I've found myself lately not wanting to persue the situation further and would just wish that God would send me an email or give me a phone call that way I could just get the jist of not 'why' everything happened to me, but more so 'what' should I do from now and moving forward.

It is very difficult.
    Yes, I am sure it is.

If God did the email thing, then we wouldn't have to rely on faith. But I am with you, when I suffer I want relief. Unfortunately for me, that happen's on God's, not Beau's, schedule.

And no, you are most certainly not the only one who feels as you do.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Product request thread
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. prayer request...
    By wilsmash4food in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:08 AM
  3. Use the product request thread.
    By lawnboy246 in forum Nutraplanet