• Established
I see a few engagement rings on there.

That's some cold sh.t

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thats harsh money!

I can't even browse through it, in fear that i'll see something i bought ...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first ring that popped up when I clicked through looked just like my wife's engagement ring :run:

I don't know how it came up, but she once told me that she was keeping it if we got divorced...how ****ed up is that????

...especially when it's worth more than my car...probably twice as much, lol.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
how did you find a site involving exboyfriend...?

That site seems funny. They dont seem like they wanna get rid of it either, everything is priced as if its brand new it seems!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Having shopped for engagements I would have to say that I saw some deals, lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
they are actually lower end priced not brand new.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree...that's exactly what I saying...why the Oprah ad in your sig???

EDIT: Never mind, I must have misread it earlier...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha i guess im cheap then....
i never looked into those things yet.
Good to know...ill have to keep that site in mind....haha im kidding.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
haha i guess im cheap then....
i never looked into those things yet.
Good to know...ill have to keep that site in mind....haha im kidding.

buy off that site cheap and keep it till you want to use it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno, i didn't find the prices there to be that great. you have to know how to shop ;) I paid right about $3100 for this as a custom ring

the stone is 1.25ish carats, is color D, is labeled as SI2 because that was its initial rating, but was laser drilled and filled since it had 1 occlusion only, so visually its vvs now

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i dont know what all that jargin meant, but i think it translates to...sic. that ring looks awesome, simple but diferent.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I dunno, i didn't find the prices there to be that great. you have to know how to shop ;) I paid right about $3100 for this as a custom ring

the stone is 1.25ish carats, is color D, is labeled as SI2 because that was its initial rating, but was laser drilled and filled since it had 1 occlusion only, so visually its vvs now
wow... close connection in the diamond industry??... that stone by itself is worth more than you paid.. not including the custom setting.
I might need a hookup in a few months! :cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:D no, I researched and found a custom shop in oregon who is a licensed dealer who makes no profit on stones if you have them make the ring. Nice people. Almost bought an alexandrite from them, a natural stone was .5 carats and absolutely the most perfect one i've ever seen, was $2900. Just didn't have the $$ that month. Nice people there too, family run biz. The ring appraised at something like $12k 4 years ago from a separate jewler ;)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
:D no, I researched and found a custom shop in oregon who is a licensed dealer who makes no profit on stones if you have them make the ring. Nice people. Almost bought an alexandrite from them, a natural stone was .5 carats and absolutely the most perfect one i've ever seen, was $2900. Just didn't have the $$ that month. Nice people there too, family run biz. The ring appraised at something like $12k 4 years ago from a separate jewler ;)

oh crap! why dont people invest in diamonds liek that? Get it hooked up like Easy, then later down the road get it appraised? Obviosuly not give it to the girl in that time.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The diamond cartel is incredible within itself.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
oh crap! why dont people invest in diamonds liek that? Get it hooked up like Easy, then later down the road get it appraised? Obviosuly not give it to the girl in that time.
try selling it thou....
the appraisal value is pretty much what they will insure it for..what its 'worth'.. try selling it thou... you might get half that much..

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh..
go underground? haha....i dont know. I dont think ill ever be needing these things just fromt eh situation im in and how i live life.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Things are really only 'worth' what people will pay for in the end.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Mental Twich.

I found out about it because I'm selling my ex-boyfriend's engagement ring he gave me.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Makes my stomach turn. I let my ex-fiance leave with the ring. I thought it was worth the 5k just to get her out quick but in retrospect I could have probably paid a hopped up crackhead 1k and still made out. lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its so silly. I refuse to generalize about women but hell all we do is cheat (not me) they take our stuff we gave them and sell it

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
many states have laws where the girl has to return the ring if the engagement is called off. if they get married, its a different story though.
my buddy called off his engagement recently... the ex is trying to hold a ring he paid $10k for. insane

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It doesn't really apply to the jewelry site, but one of the men at work claims there is a website on which guys post "certain types of" pictures of their ex-girlfriends/fiancés.

Not that I think that is funny, but it seems to show that both men and women can take something out of its original context and use it in ways never intended.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I heard through the grapevine, that one of my friends (guy), his ex-gf took all the stuff he gave her throughout several years which totaled up to 10-11K and just pawned it. I'm not sure if he knows that or not, but I'm not going to bring it up.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't really apply to the jewelry site, but one of the men at work claims there is a website on which guys post "certain types of" pictures of their ex-girlfriends/fiances.

Not that I think that is funny, but it seems to show that both men and women can take something out of its original context and use it in ways never intended.
link please. asap.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
try selling it thou....
the appraisal value is pretty much what they will insure it for..what its 'worth'.. try selling it thou... you might get half that much..

yeah, real sale value in open market is between 1/3 - 1/2 appraisal. Still, I'd come out 2k ahead at least, which isn't bad :D Thats one of the gimmicks some jewelery shops will use to try and sell you, showing you how its appraised for 10k but they will sell it to you for only 7....

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
many states have laws where the girl has to return the ring if the engagement is called off. if they get married, its a different story though.
my buddy called off his engagement recently... the ex is trying to hold a ring he paid $10k for. insane
If that's how she is...looks like he made a good call NOT to go through with it. Only gets worse down the road.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
If that's how she is...looks like he made a good call NOT to go through with it. Only gets worse down the road.
thats exactly what i said... the kid is pretty well off thanks to his own hard work. id rather lose 10k now than 1/2 my net worth at a later time to some floozy who waits tables for a living. not that waiting tables is a bad thing, but it shouldnt net you a few $100k in a divorce
i really dont have much, but im planning on getting an ironclad pre-nup...safe than sorry

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
My uncle has had a business that he started about alittle over a decade ago that he sold for 30 million just this past year.

He left his wife for a 34 yr old secretary he was cheating on with. I think the secretary was cheating on her husband who was a professor at one of the colleges nearby. My uncle is 71.

So yeah, Jerry ! Jerry ! Jerry !

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thats exactly what i said... the kid is pretty well off thanks to his own hard work. id rather lose 10k now than 1/2 my net worth at a later time to some floozy who waits tables for a living. not that waiting tables is a bad thing, but it shouldnt net you a few $100k in a divorce
i really dont have much, but im planning on getting an ironclad pre-nup...safe than sorry
OK - I have experience in this.

If you are not CERTAIN the person is right - DO NOT MARRY HER.

I was married over 27 years, my former wife had at least two affairs, and now I have the distinct pleasure of subsidizing her whorish existence until she marries the troll she is now screwing (which I hope she does ASAP).

She is a narcissist, and has BPD. Other than all of that that, she was a fine wife.

I should have just whacked it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Narc. Personality Disorder is f.ucked up. That's very hard to get over.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Narc. Personality Disorder is f.ucked up. That's very hard to get over.
Yes, and I failed to mention her emotional incest with our daughter. THAT is really a mess. She stopped being a mother to her two years ago; choosing instead to use her (then 13) as her best friend/confidant.

The good news is that my daughter's counselor sees my ex wife for exactly what she is.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
aye... im almost terrified to get married... i think im going to stock a few $ a month away in an off-shore account so ill have a nice stockpile if things go south. there are good ways to hide money from your significant other if you need to.

im prob going to pop the question by years end... shes a great girl adn i know shed never do anything bad to me.. but i also know people can change after 10-20 years of marriage.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^I was just coming back to post about this...

I've known my wife for ten years and we've been together for about three of those years.

There have been quite a few times that I have been utterly shocked with some of the things that she has said or done. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but sometimes I feel blindsided and can't help but be like :eek:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
People change. Some people who are on your side can be on the other side the very next day.

At the end of the day you really need to look after 'you' and make yourself a priority in all aspects (happiness, well-being, etc...)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
People change. Some people who are on your side can be on the other side the very next day.

At the end of the day you really need to look after 'you' and make yourself a priority in all aspects (happiness, well-being, etc...)
... and make sure that when you choose to give to others, you are giving from your heart, absent any expectation that anything will result from that gift. Things may result, coincidentally - but the expectation of a result shouldn't be the motivation for what you choose to do or give.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

At the end of the day you really need to look after 'you' and make yourself a priority in all aspects (happiness, well-being,
etc...)
Five years ago I would have thought that this was a very selfish comment...I now completely agree with this statement.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
wait til my gf finds out where i got that ring from :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Five years ago I would have thought that this was a very selfish comment...I now completely agree with this statement.
At 1 years old... reaper is very worldly... hahah

you always have to take care of yourself first... if you dont... who is going to?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Correct. Depends on when it was given and under what circumstances. If given on a b'day, holiday or Valentines the woman may have grounds to keep as it can be seen as a gift. Otherwise it is a conditional gift dependent on the outcome, marriage.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 1 years old... reaper is very worldly... hahah

you always have to take care of yourself first... if you dont... who is going to?
or if you choose to take care of someone else first, don't expect it to be reciprocated :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It may sound selfish at first but it isn't.

That's what I tell a few of my buddies who have been at the end of the line in whatever it was in life. One of them had a very bad injury which he cracked some vertabre in his neck or something to that degree. He is weaker on one side of his body vs. the other but he still weight trains.

Anyway he was at a very low point in his life and a substantial amount of time went by and he was really caught up in self-pity. I told him at the end of the day no one is going to take care of you, except you. After that he eventually recovered him his injury and has been back in the gym for the past 2 years.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
or if you choose to take care of someone else first, don't expect it to be reciprocated :)
I look at it in the way that if I'm happy it'll be easier for me to keep her happy.

If I'm not happy I'm sure as hell not going to be able to keep her happy...nor will I likely want to too.