Ex boyfriend jewlery

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I look at it in the way that if I'm happy it'll be easier for me to keep her happy.

If I'm not happy I'm sure as hell not going to be able to keep her happy...nor will I likely want to too.
Not to be a d!ck, but you are never going to keep anyone happy. That is their job, not your job. We can't ever wind up in a good place if someone is looking to us to keep them happy, or if we look to them to keep us happy.

That isn't to say that others won't influence our happiness or unhappiness; of course they will. It is just that another person cannot be the source of our happiness, nor can we be the source of their happiness. At least, not for very long ....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You have to be happy with yourself first.

A (healthy) relationship involves both parties being content with who they are and giving/recieving equally.

When the ratio becomes skewed, or someone relies on another people to make them happy that's when sh.t happens.

It seems to happen more with females. They become too co-dependent on their male partner to make them happy. This is easily seen when women stay with physically abusive partners.

Logically this dosen't make sense, then again emotion and logic do not go hand in hand.................

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Tom Cruise drinks blood of virgin women. This is his secret to his youthful look.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to be a d!ck, but you are never going to keep anyone happy. That is their job, not your job. We can't ever wind up in a good place if someone is looking to us to keep them happy, or if we look to them to keep us happy.

That isn't to say that others won't influence our happiness or unhappiness; of course they will. It is just that another person cannot be the source of our happiness, nor can we be the source of their happiness. At least, not for very long ....
No offense taken, I understand completely what you are saying, but also agree with the bold statement below.

You have to be happy with yourself first.

A (healthy) relationship involves both parties being content with who they are and giving/recieving equally.

When the ratio becomes skewed, or someone relies on another people to make them happy that's when sh.t happens.

It seems to happen more with females. They become too co-dependent on their male partner to make them happy. This is easily seen when women stay with physically abusive partners.

Logically this dosen't make sense, then again emotion and logic do not go hand in hand.................
Giving and receiving...receiving and giving...:D

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
stxnas,

I agree with that idea 100%.

In furtherance of this, here is the world according to Beau:

1. I have to ensure and be responsible for my own happiness. The other person in the relationship has the same responsibility for themselves.

2. The idea if a "50/50" relationship NEVER works. I will always think I am giving more than 50%, and think that she is giving less than 50%. The same will be true of her. In my experience women do this to a far greater extent than men, but maybe that is jaded.

3. The idea of of "100/100" relationship is the ones that works. By this I mean, my motivation relative to my efforts toward the other person need to result from my desire to do nice things; and doing those nice things needs to be a sufficient reward in and of itself. If I give unconditionally (within boundaries), my gifts are truly gifts, not something done to barter for something else. For this to be true, we need to have a partner who buys into the same concept; meaning that I need to be important enough to her that she chooses to do things for me that she reasonably expects are those I like. In essence, I am responsible for myself, but choose to honor the other person by my acts.

4. The "100/100" concept only works so long as each person desires to meet their 100 contribution. And let there be no mistake, that 100% needs to be offered out of contribution, not obligation of commitment. Obligation and commitment bridge the tough times, when you don't "feel" like making your contribution. If one chooses not to fulfill their 100% role, then the whole thing falls apart.

5. As odd as this sounds, it is both self-centered (being responsible for my own happiness) and other-centered (as we opt to make contributions to benefit the other person).

The end.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he didn't look that young in some recent pics I saw. musta got the wrong women.

I guess my issue with the
you always have to take care of yourself first... if you dont... who is going to?
is that I can be happy, and still have room to give to someone else. sure maybe i'm looking at oh I dunno one of the UMPCs

but maybe instead of getting myself that, I buy my wife another juicy bag, or some piece of jewelery or whatever. I don't need more luxury items, so if I spend my disposable income on her instead of me i'm happy with it.

I guess its part of that whole "whats a need + whats a want" calculation. if my needs are met, I can be ok with someone elses wants being met before mine

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
stxnas,

I agree with that idea 100%.

In furtherance of this, here is the world according to Beau:

1. I have to ensure and be responsible for my own happiness. The other person in the relationship has the same responsibility for themselves.

2. The idea if a "50/50" relationship NEVER works. I will always think I am giving more than 50%, and think that she is giving less than 50%. The same will be true of her. In my experience women do this to a far greater extent than men, but maybe that is jaded.

3. The idea of of "100/100" relationship is the ones that works. By this I mean, my motivation relative to my efforts toward the other person need to result from my desire to do nice things; and doing those nice things needs to be a sufficient reward in and of itself. If I give unconditionally (within boundaries), my gifts are truly gifts, not something done to barter for something else. For this to be true, we need to have a partner who buys into the same concept; meaning that I need to be important enough to her that she chooses to do things for me that she reasonably expects are those I like. In essence, I am responsible for myself, but choose to honor the other person by my acts.

4. The "100/100" concept only works so long as each person desires to meet their 100 contribution. And let there be no mistake, that 100% needs to be offered out of contribution, not obligation of commitment. Obligation and commitment bridge the tough times, when you don't "feel" like making your contribution. If one chooses not to fulfill their 100% role, then the whole thing falls apart.

5. As odd as this sounds, it is both self-centered (being responsible for my own happiness) and other-centered (as we opt to make contributions to benefit the other person).

The end.
Well said IMO. I have been in a relationship where the other party could not understand this and it put a perpetual strain on EVERYTHING.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
nah easy... my mindset was more just along the lines as the past few posts by other members..

you have to be happy for others around you to be happy

you need to take care of yourself and your need for survival. if you go through life constantly taking care of your wife/gf... your more likely to have her abuse you and take advantage of you for
it.

im selfless to my gf and my family... but i make sure i maintain myself while taking care of them.
you can give give give give... butt a lot of people will only take take take take
if both parties give... then its ok bc neither is taking advantage of the other.

dpfisher

Any of you guys have experience selling rings? I at least got the back (maybe asking was in poor taste but so was her ****ing another dude) and I have been sitting on the thing for months since pawning isn't even worth it

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys have experience selling rings? I at least got the back (maybe asking was in poor taste but so was her ****ing another dude) and I have been sitting on the thing for months since pawning isn't even worth it

that's some cold ****.