Official College Football Thread

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok gentlemen, (and db682 :p ) it's time for the official college ball thread of the new season.

Now please list any and all reasons why Penn State rules and every other team sucks goat balls.

.......err I mean feel free to discuss how Penn State will kill Temple today and continue to bitch slap various colleges aroud the country.

........err, ****, I mean just talk the current games, players, and such. :D :D :D

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
1. Misouri's Defense didn't look too bad considering they have 7 new guys at various positions. Illinois' buephert or whatever his name is, looks descent, but the offense needs to catch those easy a$$ passes.

2. WVU looked better than last year, but that still ain't sayin too much.

3. Good luck Weave, w/o Johnson, your gonna need it.

--Will recap after all games. :D

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That's alright though Jergo, we still have Zach Mills, Tony Johnson, and Michael Robinson...all strong players IMO :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Im a Homer so.....my prediciton for tonights Ohio St./Washington game.

UW: 23
OSU: 20

:D
Sage

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
PSU 23-10 over Temple...take that bitches!! :D :D :shoot:

Offense wasn't all that great, needs soem improvement IMO, but defense came out fairly strong I thought :)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they didn't look too bad. I think your QB has a lot of quality in 'em.

Watching USC and Auburn right now. USC is something special for sure. All around they've got some talent. We'll see though. I just took a look at Pitt's schedule and like usual, we have hardly any competition. Something needs to be done about that.

Lookin forward to seein the Ohio State game........

...........until next time...:)

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Oklahoma won't lose a game this season. Deal with it;)

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Oregon State will come runner up to USC in the Pac-10 race this year.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
PSU 23-10 over Temple...take that bitches!! :D :D :shoot:

Why are you bragging. This was embarassing. PSU cost me money today. How can you not cover against Temple? Long season again Pork, sorry.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Foxx, you guys are coming to Tuscaloosa next week... I would hate to see you go home crying.. well not really... ROLL TIDE..
40-17 winner this week..

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn, OSU was lookin sick still. Eventhough it was UW (sorry sage). I think they have another shot, no doubt. Where the Phuk is DB682 at? I want your take. ;)

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
watch laron landry, my good friend, for LSU hes a freshman and leading the defense already...he'll go pro. i like LSU and penn state. whats happening with miami this year, are they still good?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
UW SUCKS!! THat game last night was the most disgusting and depressing game ive ever seen.
Sage

sawastea

Awards
PSU did NOT look good yesterday

I enjoyed Florida's game vs SJSU...Next week will be a test

U Miami's defense looked good. Brock did not

I absolutely LOVED the hit Jones from FSU did to that UNC player :)

GO GATORS

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i just want to come out and say look for me on the university of floridas squad next year.. i promise you ill be there.. WR :).. look for me guys

sawastea

Awards
Lake Mound,

Are you currently at UF? What year? What speed :)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am awaiting acceptance as a transfer student from Embry-Riddle. I'll be transferring in as a sophomore but the way it looks I should be eligble for three years of football (not including 2003-2004- current season). I run a 4.4 40 and that was when my legs were weak and I wasn't training for speed :)..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed Florida's game vs SJSU...Next week will be a test

GO GATORS
Aw man, my school (SJSU) embarrassed itself (65-3). I really like USC bro's, Pete Carroll always gets the best out his players. They didn't shut out a slouch either. I think it'll be Miami vs. USC this year. Oklahoma has too many tough games IMO to go unbeaten.

BTW, bump if you'd like see a freakin tournament to decide who plays the championship instead of some machine. I think it's about time they ditch the BCS.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Hold the applause gentlemen.
Gators are in the house.
65-3 is the numerical value off a good ass whipping if you ask me. Both Leak and Martin QB'ed excellant during the game. Very few screw ups and many highlight plays. Keep your eye em boyz cause there playing to win.

As for Miami, they're ballin hard as hell to. Brock could use some work. Give him some time to adjust to the switch and team and they might possibly be playing UF in the big game.

Sawastea hit the nail on the head in his post.
The highlight of the FSU game came when Jones freight trained over Dexter Reid when he lowered his shoulder, knocking off Reid's helmet. It was beautiful. Very impressive game as well.

Keep your eyes on all of the Florida boys. UF, UM, and FSU are all looking like they got the talent. All they got to do is use it and the rest of you suckers will be **** out of luck:D !!!

Next Sat. will be a game definitly worth watching. Im willing to bet that there will be a couple of injuries on both sides from the intensity between these two. UF @ UM. Ive got tickets but I cant fucking go. Aint that some ****.

I see it like this.
FSU - Good
UM - Better
UF - Best.

Dont let the rankings fool you. :cool:

db

Lake, which Riddle you attending? Not Daytona Beach are you? Ill be back up at UF in the Beginning of Summer.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i WAS attending the daytona beach one doing nuclear physics pretty much but i have been in gainesville since july.. i love it up here and i PROMISE all of you that if my acceptance goes through i WILL make the team and you will see me out there.. wish me luck :)

sawastea

Awards
heh

aeronautical university straight to UF! Sweet!!! Best of luck...

I'll be in hogtown for the Ole Miss game, most likely at the Swamp. If you want a few brewskis, come by and we'll pimp some ladies :)

DB, you're welcome to come too...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good luck at Florida Lake, they got a damm good team and the second best recruiting class last year from what I heard. BTW, what you guys think about Ron Zook ? I think he's on the seat and much is expected from him. I'd still take Spurrier over Zook any day even though some don't like Spurrier's cocky attitude

db682

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Spurrier as well. Zook has alot of growing to still do before he can fill Spurriers shoes and prove that he is as good or better then him. But I do believe that he will eventually fill those shoes and make me change my mind. He's a hell of a coach and from what my friends say, they have just as much respect for him as there coach as they had for Spurrier if not more. That definitly says something about his coaching ability.

Lake,
Are you still planning on Nuc. Phys. at UF or are you thinking of switching Majors. I ask because Riddle is a much better school compared to UF for a field of that sort. I have alot of friends at Riddle and the only problem theyre having there is the Male to Female ratio (and the looks scale as well). Education wise Riddle is one of the best for Engineering and the sort programs. A switch to UF will definitly save you some money though.

db

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
the engineering program at riddle now is horrible.. it dropped off the charts lately.. was number 1 last year and it is wayyyyy back ther enow.. they raised tuition for like the 6th year in a row and a lot of people left and their programs are antiquated for the most part.. i am doing nuclear engineering sciences at U of F now and it is the only nuc. engineering school in florida and they have their own test reactor too.. its wayyyy better and for a better price... i just cant wait to play ball.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
If you want to study at a research reactor, come to University of Missouri. Most powerful research reactor in the world. I've worked there for the last 10 years.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Nuclear reactors????:eek: And you guys are worried about nut shrinkage from the use of AS/PH.

Good luck Lake, Maybe Ill hook up with you and sawastea for a few rounds of Gvilles finest beers at the Swamp for Ole Miss. Ill let you know next time Im coming up. Should be in a couple weeks.

db

txwakeskater

Awards
It goes OU then OSU in my book for teams. I do have to pull a lil bit for Arizona cause my buddy is a wide receiver. Oh yes also TCU cause my buddy is a QB, although they do suck.

As far as OU goes... My old best friend is a redshirted kicker. O and they will take it all this year. :)

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I see that we can no longer bust balls in the Off Topic Section. My apologies.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It looks like Ohio State is in trouble now w/out Clarett. They did good against Washington, but you can't tell me this won't hurt their chances. I think Michigan can win the Big 10 if John Navarre plays smart.

sawastea

Awards
It looks like Ohio State is in trouble now w/out Clarett. They did good against Washington, but you can't tell me this won't hurt their chances. I think Michigan can win the Big 10 if John Navarre plays smart.
Like many prestigious colleges, they're DEEP in RB's. They have a tough shedule in the Big 10. If the QB stays straight and in the game (very smart), OSU SHOULD win all but 2 of their games. I don't see them losing more then 2 (one of which MIGHT be to Mich and the other in the bowl game sand MC) this year. Same goes for USC, OU, UM and a few others

BULLDOG

Awards
Big Bucks fan not a Clarett fan though, we won without him last year he only played 6 games. Michigan might be the only problem team, not sure they can run the ball,Central Mich is not a real test. If you can't run the ball on OSU you will not win, defensive line is to good. It's scarey but I think OSU is better then last year with or with out Clarett. By the way if Clarett thinks he's going pro who would draft him he couldn't take the beating of a college football let alone pro ball. You don't miss pro games cause you have a stingger, take a shot and shut up

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
They get no love but Texas A&M is going to kick ass this year..Reggie McNeal is the man.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Ill be shocked if OU doesnt go the season undefeated. All american across the board on the defensive side of the ball.....I dont really like the sooners and they will be tested being in the Big12, but even if they suffer a lost during the season, as long as they get to the Big12 championship game, and win that.....no way BCS committee will leave them out of the national title game.
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
It's scarey but I think OSU is better then last year with or with out Clarett. By the way if Clarett thinks he's going pro who would draft him he couldn't take the beating of a college football let alone pro ball. You don't miss pro games cause you have a stingger, take a shot and shut up
BIG BUMP!!! Agree, OSU will go the distance again.

P.S. As you all know, the NFL is starting up tonight. SO, we should have another thread for it. We can call it the Steeler thread. :D

I mean, cuz c'mon theres no need to hide the fact that were going to crush everyone this year right? Right. So, lets get one up shall we?

All in favor say "Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl" :saw:

Ok, maybe I'll quit........NAH!! Here we go Steelers, Here we go!! hoo, hoo!! :p

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
What's up w/Clarett having Jim Brown as his "advisor". What kind of advice can he get from a guy who quit football (although he was a bad ass RB) and is telling him to play in the CFL. If Clarett goes to the CFL he runs the risk of being "exposed" in case he really wasn't as good as thought he was. That would kill his chances of being a high draft pick in the NFL. Best thing for him to do is come back next year w/OSU, or transfer to another school and sit out this year (which he already is). BTW I think something sketchy is going on with OSU, IMO they suspended for the whole year because he must have done something bad and they want to keep the NCAA from investigating, or I could just be paranoid.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
ROLLLLL TIDE ROLL!  

And welcome to Bryan-Denny Sooner Fans!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
florida at miami tonight!!!! oh boy! that spells trouble :(..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I will agree with that.. I guess maimi dade police will be out with the riot gear.. LOL

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to talk about what happened today with Penn State!! :mad: :D

They need to get their heads out of their asses and start playing for real! Argghh

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
damn.

.....And thats all I have to say about that. (FG)

They still have a chance, bro. Just keep praying, keep praying. :D

BC don't look to bad though. I mean, it would be a little different if PSU was just suckin a$$, but it looks like they got a match-up, IMO.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, BC was on their game and PSU was totally off. I'm thinking some of the stronger players on PSU's offense need to start shiniing or else they're in trouble, IMO. :)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It might be time for Joe to head off into retirement.. as much as I hate to say that.. really do respect that man as a coach... almost as much as I respect Bear Bryant.. and that is saying a lot

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I would like to see Joe retire than getting canned. You think they could actually even go through w/ it? It'd be a shame if it happened. It's not like he left as a failure or anything.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Bama 80 yard drive on the number 1 defense in the nation.. not half bad.. still behind 13-10 with our defense on the field.. Stuff them D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the Tide has turned on the Crimson. It's now 20-10 Oklahoma. Hehehe;)